HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kirk Muller takes over head coaching job in Carolina

Old
11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
This has been a pretty ****** day for Habs fans.

Muller leaves for Carolina (so now he can't come here) and Patches gone for 3-games. May as well take a **** on my pillow and call it a chocolate mint, NHL.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 07:53 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
The best french speaking coaches....

pick apples only from that tree.
I think I saw one of those tree's inside a short yellow school bus the other day.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:07 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I think I saw one of those tree's inside a short yellow school bus the other day.
Vive la car de ramassage scolaire

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 08:37 PM
OneSharpMarble

Can you imagine the rage when the hurricanes turn it around and pass the habs in the standings? Sometimes I pity the mods on these boards....sometimes.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:06 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Can you imagine the rage when the hurricanes turn it around and pass the habs in the standings? Sometimes I pity the mods on these boards....sometimes.
when?

what you're smoking, i want some

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:10 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

He had such a giant smile in his press conference today. I'm excited for him.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Did you notice how he thanked Guy Carbonneau and Jacques....Demers at his press conference and not Jacques Martin?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:16 AM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Did you notice how he thanked Guy Carbonneau and Jacques....Demers at his press conference and not Jacques Martin?
I found the video on http://hurricanes.nhl.com/ It's a good press conference, no evasive answers or anything. How come he thanks Jacques Demers? He's never coached alongside him, him has he? I'm thrilled for Kirk and hope he does well just not playoffs-well.

Kirk and Jim both implied that they knew that Kirk had "enough" NHL coaching experience -I think it's obviously a reference to his last stretch in Montreal and it fits along with what everybody else has been saying.

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 11-29-2011 at 03:40 AM.
WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:52 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp18424

Quote:
Rutherford could have played it safe, staying within the family with a Dave Lewis or a Ron Francis — perhaps he even attempted to do so. But in hiring Muller, he makes a smart, bold move that should have other fan bases a little jealous — especially in Montreal.

Quote:
What's his coaching style? "Very aggressive," said Muller, to the Montreal Gazette after being hired by the Admirals (the Nashville Predators' affiliate):

"You have to be good defensively, you have to be good without the puck," he added. "But since the lockout and no red line, you've got to be able to score and you've got to be able to score at the right time. So I really stress for the guys to be a very aggressive forechecking team, and I tell my forwards that if they want to play here they gotta work … they've got to be workers and do a lot of skating and tracking down and heavy forecheck."
Quote:
"Everyone has to know how to play without the puck, but when it's a turnover I want it to be a real quick transitional team that's aggressive," he said. "And I challenge the guys that even if you feel like you're a defensive defenceman or a defensive forward, I think everyone's capable of offence and trying to get everybody involved.
Quote:
Montreal fans already know what he can do behind the bench; alas, "speak French" isn't one of them, so welcome to Raleigh, Monsieur Muller.

Last edited by Habaneros: 11-29-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:37 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Molson is making money, he doesn't care...
Oh please just stop.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:47 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Geez, two in one day. Overall I don't think Muller would be a good fit here as he don't speak french
Overall I think that's full of ****.

18 years of french coaches only 'rule'. Doing us a lot of good isn't it? When you give me an argument about hockey I'll listen. You want to talk politics, not interested.

I have finally had it this year with this crap. Martin and the French coach only rule ****s me right off. And there ****loads of fans in MTL, french and english , that would agree.

Times change dude, get ready for very good english coach, if there are no great french ones available. The' rule' is not working. I'm sick of losing, what about you?

Last edited by bsl: 11-29-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old
11-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

I will be following Carolina closely now, just to see what they do on the ice with their new commander at the helm.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Oh please just stop.
I will, when Molson wakes up!!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:55 AM
Andy

Carolina will from this point on win every game until the end of the season. Kaberle will wake up from his slumber and win the art ross...Muller is that good!

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:57 AM
Andy

Quote:
Your conspiracy lacks sound logic. If money is what Molson cared about, he'd want top have a more competitive team with an offensive superstar as that would bring in more money than what he'd be making now.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:03 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Boudreau would have won it all except for one thing. Goaltending.

If the Caps would have had Price/Halak instead of Varlamov (or Theodore), we would not have beaten them in 2010.

Last year, they had Neuvirth who gave up 16 goals in 4 games against the Bolts in an epic collapse.

Would love to see Boudreau behind the Habs bench.

Besides, Boudreau knows how to win (ECHL championship in 1999 and Calder Cup championship in 2006) and how to get teams to score goals.

Martin's only success was in Junior Hockey. Carbonneauesque.
Boudreau allowed softness to reign in his teams. He also doesn't bench star players like Semin when they're underperforming(his actions this season were out of desperation).

Also, his teams can't play any defense whatsoever. That is why the Habs beat them. That whole season, they scored a bunch of goals, but they made games unnecessarily close because the defense was horrible.

Madam Kadri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Boudreau would have won it all except for one thing. Goaltending.

If the Caps would have had Price/Halak instead of Varlamov (or Theodore), we would not have beaten them in 2010.

Last year, they had Neuvirth who gave up 16 goals in 4 games against the Bolts in an epic collapse.

Would love to see Boudreau behind the Habs bench.

Besides, Boudreau knows how to win (ECHL championship in 1999 and Calder Cup championship in 2006) and how to get teams to score goals.

Martin's only success was in Junior Hockey. Carbonneauesque.
OMG. Boudreau's an idiot. You can't be serious. Look at the teams he has done nothing with. Bad goalies? Yeah right. And the Hawks had Terry Sawchuck in nets when they won it. And Osgood was the second Patty Roy. Not.

Almost all first string NHL goalies are good enough with a team like the Caps in front of them, if you know how to coach.

Boudreau. My god.

Old
11-29-2011, 09:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Your conspiracy lacks sound logic. If money is what Molson cared about, he'd want top have a more competitive team with an offensive superstar as that would bring in more money than what he'd be making now.
Well if he wants a more competitive team he can send Gomez to Hamilton, eat that money and have more money to go after a Superstar no? That would make us much more competitive.

Old
11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
bsl

Quote:
You know what? I'm not even going to mention the winning is good business argument. Other guys have done that quite well already, and they are correct.

I'll mention something you probably don't even know, judging by your post. Geoff Molson grew up at the Forum 1 row behind the bench. He was there in diapers FFS. Beliveau, Savard, Cournoyer, Lafleur, Robinson, Gainey... were his family's friends. But no, he doesn't give a ****. He knows **** all about the Habs and could not care less.

You are getting killed here.

Last edited by bsl: 11-29-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old
11-29-2011, 09:17 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Well if he wants a more competitive team he can send Gomez to Hamilton, eat that money and have more money to go after a Superstar no? That would make us much more competitive.
Last I checked he hired a GM to make decisions like that. Obviously he would have to sign off on it but you make it sound like it was Molson's decision. If he went over PG's head to make that decision he may as well just fire PG. You don't hire a GM and then do something like that.

It's PG's decision to make so if you want to blame somebody blame him. I bet you Molson would agree to it if PG said he wanted to do it. You make it sound as if he has a choice outside of firing the guy, and he isn't going to do that after the guy has barely had a chance to work his magic. He doesn't get to make that decisions it's why they hire general managers rather than you know... doing the job themselves.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:22 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Geoff Molson grew up at the Forum 1 row behind the bench. He was there in diapers FFS. Beliveau, Savard, Cournoyer, Lafleur, Robinson, Gainey... were his family's friends. But no, he doesn't give a ****. He knows **** all about the Habs and could not care less.
Why bother. The dude is so hung up on his hatred for the team that he'll just delude himself into believing any convoluted story about management or reasoning he can in order to fit his preposterous belief that this is all Molson's fault.

For once why can't people just wake up and blame the players for their lack of success. Injuries have played a huge part, they're a shell of an actual team but at the same time it's them on the ice not Molson, not PG, not Gainey heck not even JM.

Obviously we have issues staying healthy and it's cause for concern, but people really need to chill out. Pretty sure Molson knew it would be a rocky start you know without one of your best players in the line up. How could PG also predict Campoli getting injured his first game? People seem to like throwing blame around a lot but it isn't like PG hasn't tried, and it isn't like Molson can do anything outside of firing PG. I just don't see why people don't at least put some of the blame on players. Players and even coaching I can understand but management gave the coaching/team the tools they need to win games. Injuries are holding us back from being the team we should be fair enough, and players need to step up for sure. But you can't really blame PG for that and blaming Molson is just beyond ridiculous.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
You know what? I'm not even going to mention the winning is good business argument. Other guys have done that quite well already, and they are correct.

I'll mention something you probably don't even know, judging by your post. Geoff Molson grew up at the Forum 1 row behind the bench. He was there in diapers FFS. Beliveau, Savard, Cournoyer, Lafleur, Robinson, Gainey... were his family's friends. But no, he doesn't give a ****. He knows **** all about the Habs and could not care less.

You are getting killed here.
Ya getting killed!!! Why did Molson sell them already?

Old
11-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Why bother. The dude is so hung up on his hatred for the team that he'll just delude himself into believing any convoluted story about management or reasoning he can in order to fit his preposterous belief that this is all Molson's fault.

For once why can't people just wake up and blame the players for their lack of success. Injuries have played a huge part, they're a shell of an actual team but at the same time it's them on the ice not Molson, not PG, not Gainey heck not even JM.

Obviously we have issues staying healthy and it's cause for concern, but people really need to chill out. Pretty sure Molson knew it would be a rocky start you know without one of your best players in the line up. How could PG also predict Campoli getting injured his first game? People seem to like throwing blame around a lot but it isn't like PG hasn't tried, and it isn't like Molson can do anything outside of firing PG. I just don't see why people don't at least put some of the blame on players. Players and even coaching I can understand but management gave the coaching/team the tools they need to win games. Injuries are holding us back from being the team we should be fair enough, and players need to step up for sure. But you can't really blame PG for that and blaming Molson is just beyond ridiculous.
Coming from you?

Old
11-29-2011, 09:39 AM
bsl

Quote:
Yeah that's it! Insult a respected and well liked NHL vet who's lost it, so that all NHL players are impressed at the Habs treatment of players, and then step over your manager to go after, hmmm, I know!

Actually I don't. All the 'Superstars' are signed with their teams! Damn!

Now you've insulted your manager too! And your coach!

What you obviously don't know is that Molson knows these things, and he will run the Habs accordingly, treating players, coaches and managers and their families well, and maintaining our excellent reputation in this league. He grew up with that knowledge.

And when the time comes, that counts. It is very good business indeed in the NHL. And very good hockey management. It's just absurd to **** on GM right now. You just don't have any idea. Coaches and managers come and go, but if you get stuck with a bad owner, you are ****ed for ever. I don't think GM is a bad owner.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Yeah that's it! Insult a respected and well liked NHL vet who's lost it, so that all NHL players are impressed at the Habs treatment of players, and then step over your manager to go after, hmmm, I know!

Actually I don't. All the 'Superstars' are signed with their teams! Damn!

Now you've insulted your manager too! And your coach!

What you obviously don't know is that Molson knows these things, and he will run the Habs accordingly, treating players, coaches and managers and their families well, and maintaining our excellent reputation in this league. He grew up with that knowledge.

And when the time comes, that counts. It is very good business indeed in the NHL. And very good hockey management. It's just absurd to **** on GM right now. You just don't have any idea. Coaches and managers come and go, but if you get stuck with a bad owner, you are ****ed for ever. I don't think GM is a bad owner.
Good one, the Rangers bought out Drury and sent Redden in the AHL and guess what they signed Richards and UFA's still want to play there

And by BTW I never said Molson was a bad owner, I just said he needed to wake up and make some changes