HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shea Weber

Old
11-28-2011, 11:33 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Shea Weber

As I have been watching this season, I have made sure to pay a little more attention to Weber than usual, especially after his big contract. Is it just me or is he a little bit overrated? Not trying to offend anyone but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks Weber is worth money wise per year. And if I am the only one that thinks if he is getting $7 million dollars plus that maybe a trade for offense would be something considering. maybe, thoughts? and be nice lol.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Umm no

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
As I have been watching this season, I have made sure to pay a little more attention to Weber than usual, especially after his big contract. Is it just me or is he a little bit overrated? Not trying to offend anyone but I'm curious as to what everyone thinks Weber is worth money wise per year. And if I am the only one that thinks if he is getting $7 million dollars plus that maybe a trade for offense would be something considering. maybe, thoughts? and be nice lol.
He isn't playing like the Norris finalist of last season. He's still usually a very good d-man it's just that over the past few games he's become the board perception of Hamhuis ... giveaways (4 on the scoresheet so far tonight), bad changes, mental lapses, huge shots that get nowhere near the net. We all know he has that top gear and can be a dominant player ... if only we'd get to see that this season.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:01 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
He isn't playing like the Norris finalist of last season. He's still usually a very good d-man it's just that over the past few games he's become the board perception of Hamhuis ... giveaways (4 on the scoresheet so far tonight), bad changes, mental lapses, huge shots that get nowhere near the net. We all know he has that top gear and can be a dominant player ... if only we'd get to see that this season.
that's point. we all know he has the capability of being a norris finalist but he hasn't been that so far this year. If I was going to sign a defenseman for 7.5 million, i want a guy like Lidstrom. Not one like Weber that has shown mental lapses and other goofs at multiple points so far this year.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Everlong
-

He's had a slow start to the year for sure. Actually it's almost december, so it's a bit more than a slow start. However, you have to take his history of play into consideration aswell. He'll work himself out of it.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Top 6 Spaling

He is a top flight D man, but yes, he is over-rated. It doesn't help that he's in a bit of a slump right now. he plays a very, very flashy game which got him national recognition. The general consensus (trust me, this has been debated about 325687654321 times ) is that he and Suter are pretty much dead even, with a possibly slight edge to Suter, who is severely under-rated.

Weber does what he does well (slap shots, big hits), but he isnt perfect.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:33 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

He's had a rough start, but so has Suter. Even in light of that, they're both still at the top of the league in plus minus and have been on the ice for less than ten ES goals against. The team on the whole has sleepwalked a bit.

In my opinion, there's not a defenseman in the league I'd rather have. Generational combination of size, skill, grit and leadership.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:04 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

In my opinion, there's not a defenseman in the league I'd rather have. Generational combination of size, skill, grit and leadership.
((( chugs beer )))

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:04 AM
preds1

vCash: 605
Not over-rated at all and glad he gets the recognition he worked hard for. We're a much better team with him, no question about it.

He is very physical and I sometimes wonder if the new Shanny rules prevent him from going all out like we've seen in the past though.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:58 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Not over-rated at all and glad he gets the recognition he worked hard for. We're a much better team with him, no question about it.

He is very physical and I sometimes wonder if the new Shanny rules prevent him from going all out like we've seen in the past though.

I think you have hit the nail on the head and it isn't just Weber we are seeing this among a number of the big hitters and across the league in general.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

How many goals has he been on the ice for at even strength this season?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
im sure its a very small number. im just curious as to if everyone would be excited to have him locked up for say 6yrs/48million ?

Old
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
I know it is at least six, with four of those coming in the last 3 games. (he has only been a minus player in 6 games as well, with 3 of those games our lst 3)

and after research......

he has been on the ice for 37 goals for us and only 13 against, with 3 of those being on the powerplay.

so i guess to answer the question, it is 10 goals against even strength through 23 games.

and to compare, suter has been on the ice for 36 goals for, 16 goals against with 4 on the pp, so 12 ES goals against.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:13 PM
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

Weber's pretty vicious, all he has to do is shoot the puck and other player's arms explode. I say if they can they should certainly try and keep him around.

kovatroll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
im sure its a very small number. im just curious as to if everyone would be excited to have him locked up for say 6yrs/48million ?
I would be very happy with a 6 year contract for 48m.

So 13 goals against for a defenseman playing almost half the game, seems like he's playing pretty freaking good doesn't it....

Old
11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

interesting note from Gord Miller:

Suter and Weber= +26
Rest of Nashville's D= -28

Old
11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:

Suter and Weber= +26
wow , obrien or zanon would look pretty good right now lol

Old
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Suter and Weber= +26
Again, that's incredible when you look at how many minutes those 2 play.... I don't want to hear any more about either of them having an "off" year. they are superstars, the rest, not so much....

Old
11-29-2011, 04:17 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Again, that's incredible when you look at how many minutes those 2 play.... I don't want to hear any more about either of them having an "off" year. they are superstars, the rest, not so much....
Agreed. I think the real debate is what's needed more...a middle pairing vet D or a top-6?

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Agreed. I think the real debate is what's needed more...a middle pairing vet D or a top-6?
I think we need both equal. a top THREE forward and a second pairing defenseman. Part of why i'm harping on including a defenseman in whatever deal we could potentially make

Old
11-29-2011, 07:25 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
BOTH, without a doubt.. I think we need a vet defenseman (O'Brien type) and 2 top 6 forwards (think Parise and Hornqvist types)... then our inexperienced defense to grow a little which im sure they will as the year progresses...sounds like a lot but i think we are in a lot better shape than most.

However, all this changes if Weber was to say want too much money (8+ million a year)