HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ryan Miller practiced today, insinuates he might've not had concussion

Old
11-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Affinity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
That he and the Sabres faked an injury in a bid to get Lucic suspended. At least, that's what I'm seeing after reading posts written by quite a few derps.
Thread in a nutshell.

People really think he was faking it? That's what you got out of the article/tweets? No, it couldn't be that it was misdiagnosed in the beginning and new information has been released on the injury with the correct diagnosis.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:56 PM
fake british accent

Miller had a concussion of the neck. A neck concussion, if you will.

Sabres played it up, just like the B's did with the Rome hit on Horton.

It is gamesmanship, and not a big deal except on internet message boards.

Lucic was wrong to run Miller.

fake british accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Battaglia
Hail Tim Thomas.

We've seen this stuff before. Spur of the moment, cry concussion, then find out after maybe that wasnt necessarily accurate, after the league has ruled. I think its disrespectful to the players out there who have/had legit concussion issues.

Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:00 AM
Soderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
I find the semantics hilarious. "Oh, he doesn't have a concussion, he only has a neck injury that's kept him out the past 10 games and counting. Clearly, he and the Sabres made up the concussion to get Lucic suspended."

The Sabres wanted Lucic suspended because he hit and injured Miller on a play that Lucic should have avoided. The conspiracy theories are laughable. If medical staff felt that he had a concussion, or at least concussion symptoms, and that he'd miss a significant amount of time, then I'd imagine it's perfectly reasonable to come out and say it if they felt that Lucic's intent was to hit Miller.
Only like one person said he faked it but okay. Like I said in the first post Boston doctors are the one who diagnosed him so I doubt they'd lie about it I was just updating w/ the new info. Miller is back practicing and apparently it wasn't a concussion.

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Pass McGass

vCash: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battaglia View Post
We've seen this stuff before. Spur of the moment, cry concussion, then find out after maybe that wasnt necessarily accurate, after the league has ruled. I think its disrespectful to the players out there who have/had legit concussion issues.
I actually read this in Jack Edwards voice before looking at your avatar. Kinda creepy, actually

Pass McGass is offline   Reply With Quote