HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Louis Leblanc called up

Old
11-28-2011, 10:51 PM
NewEraGM

vCash: 500
I just hope you guys dont go crazy if he makes some bad plays. The kid is still very raw in his development. He is probably going to be in awe alot, nerves will be going. Everybody, just bring your expectations WAYYYY down! Not because I think he can't do it, but because he doesn't need all that extra pressure. Everyone keeps saying we suck a developing picks (eg.Latendresse) but some put soo much ********** pressure on these kids that they struggle to cope with it. Just everyone relax! If he is a -8 in 3 games with 12 PIMs, I don't care. These 3 games mean nothing in terms of what the end product will be. If you want to see a french guy (don't know why its so important in the first place) actually do well for once, stop watching his every move and let the kid play!

NewEraGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:54 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You're opinions and posts (all 300+ of them) since you joined a month ago have made it evident that you should read more and make less declarative statements. Your opinion on Gomez, Eller, Martin and Weber go against the grain of most fans and pundits and once again you're being contrarian in this thread.

Would you be opposed to Ladeskog and Nugy-Hopkins being called up without any pro-games under their belt? Louis Leblanc is 21, he's up for a short stint since he didn't get any pro-action due to his rehab. That's it, it's nothing big and nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.
He has a point.

Yes, I agree he was the next to be called up and the trip to California is the best time to do so but he still has only a dozen or so games played in the AHL. At this point it's a major risk, not to the team, but to his development and his confidence.

And wow. Landeskog and Nugent-Hopkins? Two players that are far ahead of him in terms of development, injury or not.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:56 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEraGM View Post
I just hope you guys dont go crazy if he makes some bad plays. The kid is still very raw in his development. He is probably going to be in awe alot, nerves will be going. Everybody, just bring your expectations WAYYYY down! Not because I think he can't do it, but because he doesn't need all that extra pressure. Everyone keeps saying we suck a developing picks (eg.Latendresse) but some put soo much ********** pressure on these kids that they struggle to cope with it. Just everyone relax! If he is a -8 in 3 games with 12 PIMs, I don't care. These 3 games mean nothing in terms of what the end product will be. If you want to see a french guy (don't know why its so important in the first place) actually do well for once, stop watching his every move and let the kid play!
sage advice. I think the sane people around here already have that attitude, maybe even the "already lost hope" people. There will always be some though...

what IF (hypothetical, just humour me) he gets 2g and 3a or outscores everyone else...

what then?

just sayin, I can almost see the opposite scenario being almost as bad (almost).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:58 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

probably me favorite prospect.
He will play 3 games very good for his confidence and he will see what the NHL level look like.

please play him AK and Eller

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
He has a point.

Yes, I agree he was the next to be called up and the trip to California is the best time to do so but he still has only a dozen or so games played in the AHL. At this point it's a major risk, not to the team, but to his development and his confidence.

And wow. Landeskog and Nugent-Hopkins? Two players that are far ahead of him in terms of development, injury or not.
I think Leblanc is a smart guy. I'm sure recognizes the situation and all he has to do is play to his abilities and hopefully mistake-free hockey. He's not called up to carry this team for 3 games. It shouldn't hurt is confidence/development unless he gets hurt *knocks on wood*. It should be a positive experience for him, like it was for Subban when he was called up for 2 games in his first pro season.

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dirty Danglez
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
and in other NHL cities...

Montreal(Gauthier) got a bone show going on down in Hamilton.....that is what happens when you keeping giving away or selling the farm animals ....

Montreal's AHL depth will be no existent for 4 to 5 years....and there going to call up kids with 14 games now ...Imagine next year...and the next...Tinordi with Markov ..

You want to bust them in Montreal, you do that..
Actually this is a transition year for Hamilton. Most 2007 picks are playing with the NHL team right now. next season, you will see Kristo, Gallagher, Bournival, Ellis, Tinordi, maybe even Bennett, Pateryn and Quailer. 5 of these guys are very promising prospects and others could surprise.

But like someone else said, you don't do your research... you just complain. It's fine you're entitled to do so, but don't mind me laughing at what you say.

Leblanc scored only 10 pts in the AHL, that is true... but in 14 games on a POS AHL team. It's a cup of coffee. Subban played 2 games during his AHL year and they sent him back down when Markov came back. It's going to be the same thing with Patches and Leblanc.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:59 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Wasn't he playing kinda hurt at the worlds last year

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Dude its not even close to the same amount of media on the road than at home. Hes going to be here for 3 games. Pk got 2 games in his first year in hamilton. Hes fine. Calm down.
Sergei Kostitsyn PLAYED 22 games in Hamilton /then jumped to NHL

2007-08 Hamilton AHL 22 Games 6 16 22 PTS

Sergei has since gone on to get 61 points in 95 games with Nashville.

--------------------------------
Latendresse no AHL games , jumped to Habs .

50 pts in 70 games with Wild .

--------------------------------
Mikhail Grabovski ,66 games in Ahl has 54 points... jumps to Habs .

Has over 150 pts as a Leaf.

Now all these guys got called up early to Montreal....and these guys we got nothing to show in return for them, as they play in different towns now.....

Leblanc?...let's keep playing with fire,they haven't learned...

Last edited by Habaneros: 11-28-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:02 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
and in other NHL cities...

Montreal(Gauthier) got a bone show going on down in Hamilton.....that is what happens when you keeping giving away or selling the farm animals ....

Montreal's AHL depth will be no existent for 4 to 5 years....and there going to call up kids with 14 games now ...Imagine next year...and the next...Tinordi with Markov ..

You want to bust them in Montreal, you do that..
You are aware that the best crop of prospects in Hamilton will be coming next year right? Beaulieu, Bournival, Gallagher, Tinordi, Kristo, Pateryn, Quailer, Ellis

Last edited by QuebecPride: 11-28-2011 at 11:18 PM.
QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:10 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
He has a point.

Leblanc didn't get a normal pre-season with the pros and the organization obviously thinks that his rehab went well and want to reward him. Corey Locke got a game too. Subban got two games in Philly last year as a reward and it was in his first pro-year as well.

What's so different or bad about this? Nothing is expected, he's not here to replace the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th line centre. Ladeskog is three years younger than Leblanc so I think he was a decent analogue.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
You are aware that the best crop of prospects in Hamilton will be coming next year right? Beaulieu, Bournival, Gallagher, Kristo, Pateryn, Quailer
Do you expect to see any of those names in Montreal with in 3 years?
If you answer yes, then can they help us next year? or next? you see what i mean?

There is no question in my mind Habs will push Gallagher.....likely another mistake ..

When i say cleaned out of depth in Hamilton , i mean of guys who can make a NHL IMPACT in a time of need....

If your calling up guys now with only 14 games of pro exp straight our of jr, your depth is scary ...<(in a bad way)

Last edited by Habaneros: 11-28-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old
11-28-2011, 11:17 PM
bsl

Quote:
the way injury bug is going , Habs might have him on top line come playoffs...

I say he shouldn't be called up, Hamilton stinks,and this is going to raise his expectations ....which at this point of his career he should be trying to develop his game, not his eye on Montreal ..

If the Habs plans are to keep calling him up this year, mark my words this will back fire long term ....Just like you are watching other young Habs drat picks play elsewhere...

But what the heck , there only draft picks ...
LL is the 15 goal 25 assist 3rd line center I've been ranting about, the one the Habs need instead of Blowmez. The only problem is, he's not that center now. He may be in 1 year, and if this helps him toward that day, a few games are a good thing.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Wasn't he playing kinda hurt at the worlds last year
Yeah he injured his shoulder before the tournament and played hurt for the rest of the year.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
LL is the 15 goal 25 assist 3rd line center I've been ranting about, the one the Habs need instead of Blowmez. The only problem is, he's not that center now. He may be in 1 year, and if this helps him toward that day, a few games are a good thing.
I think the expectation level is higher than that...

You hear the fans chanting his name at the draft?

Did you miss this by chance??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMtE74UQs78

Listen to it in french

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xufN...eature=related

Old
11-28-2011, 11:21 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
If you answer yes, then can they help us next year? or next? you see what i mean?

There is no question in my mind Habs will push Gallagher.....likely another mistake ..

When i say cleaned out of depth in Hamilton , i mean of guys who can make a NHL IMPACT in a time of need....

If your calling up guys now with only 14 games of pro exp straight our of jr, your depth is scary ...<(in a bad way)
I expect Tinordi, Gallagher, Bournival, Beaulieu, Ellis, Quailer and Kristo to play a few games stints in the next 3 or so years yeah.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Dirty Danglez
Groupthink

Quote:

Yes of course! Most of those guys will probably get a few games in if they arn't roster players within the next 3 or even two years. The only benefit for gallagher this season is that he is going to play in the WJC. He has already dominated the W, and was sent down only because there was no room for him on the main roster.

I just don't get how you can judge how someone is ready or not for THREE games just because they only played 14 games in the AHL. You don't make sense!

And by the way... not very many teams have AHL players who are ready to make an impact at the NHL level. That's why they are in the AHL

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:22 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
I think the expectation level is higher than that...

You hear the fans chanting his name at the draft?

Did you miss this by chance??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMtE74UQs78
Expectations were higher for Price/Subban IMO.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Kirk Muller

This might be the only positive to the suspension. The habs get a look at Leblanc and even better its on the road so he can play with less pressure.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

It's probably gonna be

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Gionta

Cole- Desharnais- Palushaj

Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn

Darche-Nokelainen-Leblanc

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:38 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:

uhmmm of course we expect to see them in Montreal in the next 3 years. I have no Idea what your ranting about here as its really confusing but calm down. Louis Leblanc won't get ruined because of a short stint in where he probably wont even play a home game. Yes we understand we have no depth in Hamilton right now. Hopefully it comes next year.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Habs 1909

Wouldve liked to see Palushaj in the top 6 during the 3 games and a player like Conboy given a shot.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:39 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
No one compare him to lecavalier
I Know, try telling the Quebecois that! I'm just a mere balance Montreal anglo.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:52 PM
deandebean

You guys expecting a 3rd line center are in for a certain surprise in a couple of years. This kid is for real. Last year, he played from NOVEMBER to February with a major injury, without complaining. He played the worlds with his bum shoulder, endured the pain, etc.

I've seen this kid play in minor hockey. He's got it. It being: the hockey saavy and sense. Plus the drive. Those quality you can't teach. Plus, he's pretty shifty.

Bienvenue dans la LNH, mon Louis. I still remember some of you at the draft that he would never play in the NHL. Well, there he is. He's that good, believe me.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 11:59 PM
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Great, he earned the taste. It'll motivate him IMO.

So, he'll be the first player drafted post-2007 to play for the Habs.

TheHabMan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:03 AM
The Camera Eye

Why aren't more of you excited, this is probably our best prospect and it's his first games in the NHL. I can't wait to see him play and I really hope he will succeed at the pro level, I was impressed by his play in Junior but didn't get to see him play with Hamilton. Plus, he's Francophone. And I know some of you will but I don't care, we haven't had a good Francophone player since Damphousse and hopefully Louis will be in the top 6 for years.

The Camera Eye is offline   Reply With Quote