HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - The Consolidated List

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Herb25*

vCash: 500
A minor tweak is all the Blues need. A Colaiacovo/D'Agostini package for Tuomo Ruutu & Tim Gleason would be good for the Blues and a good playoff run. Maybe pick up Torres.

McDonald - Backes - Oshie (2 defensive presences)
Steen - Berglund - Stewart (2 defensive presences)
Torres - Arnott - Ruutu (big bodied, crash the net line)
Perron - Sobotka - Langenbrunner (4th line with skill & 2 defensive presences)

Gleason - Pietrangelo (stay at home & offensive pair)
Jackman - Shattenkirk (stay at home & offensive pair)
Cole - Polak (solid shut down pair)

Halak/Elliott (whoevers hot)

Depth: Nichol, Porter, Grachev, Sterling, Huskins, Russell

Old
11-26-2011, 10:48 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb25 View Post
A minor tweak is all the Blues need. A Colaiacovo/D'Agostini package for Tuomo Ruutu & Tim Gleason would be good for the Blues and a good playoff run. Maybe pick up Torres.

McDonald - Backes - Oshie (2 defensive presences)
Steen - Berglund - Stewart (2 defensive presences)
Torres - Arnott - Ruutu (big bodied, crash the net line)
Perron - Sobotka - Langenbrunner (4th line with skill & 2 defensive presences)

Gleason - Pietrangelo (stay at home & offensive pair)
Jackman - Shattenkirk (stay at home & offensive pair)
Cole - Polak (solid shut down pair)

Halak/Elliott (whoevers hot)

Depth: Nichol, Porter, Grachev, Sterling, Huskins, Russell
Carolina would never go for that deal. Perron on the 4th line? And why should we get Torres?

Old
11-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Perron 4th line? wtf.

I don't think Rutuu is an improvement over Dags.

Old
11-27-2011, 02:16 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Do the Blues and Sharks make decent trade partners? I'd love to get Vlasic to pair with Petro for the next five years or so...

Old
11-27-2011, 02:30 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Do the Blues and Sharks make decent trade partners? I'd love to get Vlasic to pair with Petro for the next five years or so...
I think the Sharks asking price would be a deal-breaker for you. Your best bet is signing him as a FA in a few years, and I could see it costing 4.5-5.0 million per to get that done depending on where the cap is by then.

Old
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Herb25*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Carolina would never go for that deal. Perron on the 4th line? And why should we get Torres?
We can take Allen instead of Gleason or sweeten the deal with picks and mid-level prospects for their soon to be UFAs. Those players mentioned are just the main pieces off the NHL roster. We could also throw in Crombeen, for Carolina some much needed grit and toughness.

Perron on the 4th line is for the playoffs, to balance out the scoring and backcheck on each line. Regular season he would play with Berglund & Stewart with Steen going to Arnott's line and Torres on the 4th line.

Why Torres? Because Hitchcock likes Torres, he finishes his checks, wears down the opposition (especially in a 7 game series), is tough to play against, can injure key defensemen & forwards with clean checks, can chip in offensively, adds depth and has been to the Finals twice in his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
Perron 4th line? wtf.

I don't think Rutuu is an improvement over Dags.
Have you ever seen Ruutu play? He is a huge improvement over D'Agostini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQMAwmS_N8

Old
11-27-2011, 05:14 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb25 View Post
We can take Allen instead of Gleason or sweeten the deal with picks and mid-level prospects for their soon to be UFAs. Those players mentioned are just the main pieces off the NHL roster. We could also throw in Crombeen, for Carolina some much needed grit and toughness.

Perron on the 4th line is for the playoffs, to balance out the scoring and backcheck on each line. Regular season he would play with Berglund & Stewart with Steen going to Arnott's line and Torres on the 4th line.

Why Torres? Because Hitchcock likes Torres, he finishes his checks, wears down the opposition (especially in a 7 game series), is tough to play against, can injure key defensemen & forwards with clean checks, can chip in offensively, adds depth and has been to the Finals twice in his career.

Have you ever seen Ruutu play? He is a huge improvement over D'Agostini.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLQMAwmS_N8
I don't really see Allen being an upgrade or a realistic target, as we traded Nikitin to get more offensive and mobile on the left side. As far as Gleason goes, it would be a great pick up, but just make a thread about him on the main board and you will realize just how much it will take to acquire him.

Ruutu will also take a significant amount, as Carolina will most likely resign him anyway. I would love to trade for him, but he will probably take McRae and a 2nd or something like that or D'Agostini and a prospect or pick. Depending on the price, this is something I could see us doing if he is available, which I doubt he would be. I just don't see Carolina selling of assets.

Torres is not an upgrade over anyone on the team and we are good on physical forwards and he really doesn't have a place on this team. There just isn't a point to trade for him.

Perron will be no where near the 4th line, especially in the playoffs. I think you are overrating needing all the defensive presences on the lines. Hitchcock's system has all 5 skaters back on defense, so with your suggested lineup after the trades, put Steen on the 3rd line, Perron on the 2nd, and Torres on the 4th.

Old
11-27-2011, 09:48 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I feel if Carolina continues to stay at the bottom, a deal around Berglund and Staal could happen. We have plenty of cap space to make it work and Staal fits our system. Imagine having Backes and Staal on the ice for a combined 40+ minutes a game. Once everyone gets healthy, we have plenty of depth on offense and defense to make a deal like this happen. With the way Rattie is playing, I don't think losing a 1st or 2nd round pick this year would be all that bad and we have an extra 3rd in this year's draft.

Old
11-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
The way we feel about David Backes is the way they feel about Eric Staal and then some. I don't see that as realistic

Old
11-27-2011, 10:10 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
The way we feel about David Backes is the way they feel about Eric Staal and then some. I don't see that as realistic
Yeah I agree, management would have to be thinking serious rebuild or want to dump the contract. It wouldn't be cheap, but it could happen. Maybe Ruutu would be more realistic and he would help give us 3 legit scoring lines.

Old
11-27-2011, 11:35 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
I think the Sharks asking price would be a deal-breaker for you. Your best bet is signing him as a FA in a few years, and I could see it costing 4.5-5.0 million per to get that done depending on where the cap is by then.
I was kinda hoping since they just picked up Brent Burns in the off season....

Well, I suppose that a #1 playmaker really is more important than a partner for Petro...

Old
11-28-2011, 11:40 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Well what would you be willing to give up for Bobby Ryan as the Ducks are now shopping him according to Sportsnet

According to Darren Millard:

Quote:
Doing the oilers/predators game @RealKyper told by an nhl exec that ducks r shopping bobby ryan.
Chris Stewart
Ian Cole
1st Round Pick.

Would you take it? Would they?

Old
11-28-2011, 11:51 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Well what would you be willing to give up for Bobby Ryan as the Ducks are now shopping him according to Sportsnet

Chris Stewart
Ian Cole
1st Round Pick.

They would take it, Army wouldn't offer it, I wouldn't like it.

I have a feeling that Armstrong is either talking to the Ducks or has already talked to the Ducks. If Berglund and Stewart are ever in danger of being traded, now is the time. I think it has been long enough for Hitchcock to determine "his" players, so it should be interesting to see if anything happens.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
They would take it, Army wouldn't offer it, I wouldn't like it.

I have a feeling that Armstrong is either talking to the Ducks or has already talked to the Ducks. If Berglund and Stewart are ever in danger of being traded, now is the time. I think it has been long enough for Hitchcock to determine "his" players, so it should be interesting to see if anything happens.
I can't see Bergy going in a deal where a center doesn't come back.

I'm not giving up on Stewart but if he can net us Bobby Ryan....

I guess I'm higher on Ryan than other though

Old
11-29-2011, 12:14 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
I can't see Bergy going in a deal where a center doesn't come back.

I'm not giving up on Stewart but if he can net us Bobby Ryan....
The difference between Stewart and Ryan is not Cole and a 1st. Cole has way too much value to this team right now to consider in any trade. Colaiacovo can't stay healthy and Huskins just had surgery. We would need a defenseman back that would be capable of playing 2nd pairing minutes if we trade Cole.

I was trying to think what players on our roster could actually play center if a deal for Ryan was centered around Berglund because the Ducks need a center.

Players that can play top 6 and have been a center before:

Steen - Most likely, he may not be the best playmaker and he has been a winger since he came here, but he has the size, defensive ability, and has been able to produce in every situation that he has been in here, so it could potentially work

Oshie - maybe, he has been very good on the wing and didn't do all that well when he went to center for a few games. he has all the physical tools, but is probably better suited on the wing

McDonald - Extremely doubtful, we prefer bigger, physical centers that play good defense, he is best suited on the wing and that fact that he is hurt makes pointless to consider him

Wild card:

Ryan himself. Kane moved to center, so why not? Tkachuk was a left winger and became a center here, so why not? Crazier things have happened.

We could really use someone wearing the #9 sweater.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:

Chris Stewart
Ian Cole
1st Round Pick.

Take out Cole and I would do it. Don't take out Cole and there is no way in hell. We need a LHD to replace Jackman after this year if he does not resign and we need a top pairing LHD without Cole for sure and possibly one even with him.

I would offer:
Stewart
1st
3rd

Stewart
Grachev
1st

Old
11-29-2011, 12:21 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

They apparently want 2 top 6 forwards. Berglund and D'Agostini or Stewart and D'Agostini with a 2nd/prospect added to it? If we add a 1st, I would want them to add something to Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Take out Cole and I would do it. Don't take out Cole and there is no way in hell. We need a LHD to replace Jackman after this year if he does not resign and we need a top pairing LHD without Cole for sure and possibly one even with him.

I would offer:
Stewart
1st
3rd

Stewart
Grachev
1st
That's a good point.

If it's two top 6 forwards I wonder if Stewart/D'Agostini/2nd could get it done.

Or would Stewart/Schwartz/2nd if a top level prospect would work.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Herb25*

The Blues could trade Stewart, Berglund & D'Agostini all right now and not even miss them.

Berglund & D'Agostini package for Ryan

Stewart (can play with his brother) & Colaicovo package for Ruutu & Gleason

Old
11-29-2011, 12:34 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
That's a good point.

If it's two top 6 forwards I wonder if Stewart/D'Agostini/2nd could get it done.

Or would Stewart/Schwartz/2nd if a top level prospect would work.
I would definitely be up for those. Giving up Schwartz would hurt, but considering Ryan's age and his production, I would be ok with it. I really don't know if the Ducks do it, unless they get a center and that means Berglund. I just hope Armstrong is on the phone and making a serious offer, our offense and powerplay needs an upgrade if we want to be contenders. If we swap Stewart and D'Agostini with Perron and Ryan, I would be ecstatic.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:34 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

I'm sure the Blues are interested in Ryan, but it's a weird match. I have to think the Ducks are looking for scoring depth most. They almost certainly want a second-line center. I just don't think the Blues move Berglund for Ryan. It creates too big of a hole. McDonald is out and they haven't liked Oshie or Steen enough at center. And Arnott has been invisible since Steen moved off his line. I don't think they'll move Backes, Steen, or Oshie. With Perron also injured and the Ducks likely not interested, we're looking at Stewart, D'Agostini, Sobotka, and small parts.

I don't think the Ducks want picks and prospects who aren't ready to play. So I could see Stewart and D'Agostini with some other pieces on one or both sides to even things out. Stewart, Cole, and a first is too much. If they're happy with defense, prospects, and picks, it's way open, but as it is, I don't see the Blues killing their depth for Ryan, and I see Anaheim preferring to talk with a team who can part with a center or sincerely improve their depth.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

Quote:
I would definitely be up for those. Giving up Schwartz would hurt, but considering Ryan's age and his production, I would be ok with it. I really don't know if the Ducks do it, unless they get a center and that means Berglund. I just hope Armstrong is on the phone and making a serious offer, our offense and powerplay needs an upgrade if we want to be contenders. If we swap Stewart and D'Agostini with Perron and Ryan, I would be ecstatic.
Yep I hear you man. I feel the exact same way.

I hope it wouldn't take Berglund and they'd be down for a deal packaged around Stewart.

I wouldn't hang up if they asked for Berglund, but it would just complicate the matter.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:46 AM
SteenMachine

They aren't even gonna bother taking offers from us, they want to move him to the East if they have to give up that much talent they sure as hell don't want to be playing against it for playoff seeds and series. The rumor mill has most of the trade talks focused on the NorthEast.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:47 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Yep I hear you man. I feel the exact same way.

I hope it wouldn't take Berglund and they'd be down for a deal packaged around Stewart.

I wouldn't hang up if they asked for Berglund, but it would just complicate the matter.
Maybe if the Ducks are high on Berglund, they could send us Koivu or Armstrong would could get another deal for a center, but Koivu could work for the rest of the season.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:49 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
They aren't even gonna bother taking offers from us, they want to move him to the East if they have to give up that much talent they sure as hell don't want to be playing against it for playoff seeds and series. The rumor mill has most of the trade talks focused on the NorthEast.
I think how everyone thinks only star players will be traded to the other conference is completely blown out of proportion. I think it is more he won't be traded within in the division and if they get the offer the want, he would be traded to a team in the West.

Closed Thread