HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Ryan Jones hit

Old
11-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Connor McSaviour
#FreeGaza

vCash: 50
Sorry for my rant but this is just brutal. http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/#clip576305 you see the hit right around the 30 second mark. My rant is how in the **** is that a 5 minute elbowing penalty. With calls like that the league is going to turn into a non contact league. What kinda message does that call send to players? If this bulll continues guys are just not gonna finish there checks anymore. On lots of occusions dumb calls have been handed out this year, non as blantley horrible as this, but still refs need to straighten there acts up up. did not see the other thread , my mistake mods.

Connor McSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Follower of Yzlam
OH YEEEEAH

vCash: 134
There's already a thread on this.

Follower of Yzlam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:25 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Maybe we need a thread on the Weber "roughing" call too from earlier in the game. **** happens.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Connor McSaviour
#FreeGaza

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Maybe we need a thread on the Weber "roughing" call too from earlier in the game. **** happens.
This has nothing to do with the game. Maybe we should have a thread on that. This thread is about the refs elimnating physical play out of the league.

Connor McSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:41 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
This has nothing to do with the game. Maybe we should have a thread on that. This thread is about the refs elimnating physical play out of the league.
Exactly my point. Weber delivers a big check, because he is a big guy, and gets a penalty for hit. Jones delivers a big hit, gets a penalty. Both were terrible calls. I'm agreeing with you here. I was just delivering another example that happened in the same game. What's even worse now is that anytime a visiting team's player delivers a hard hit on one of the home team's players, the crowd is yelling for a call.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote