HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Price Feeling the Pressure?

Old
11-28-2011, 01:00 PM
HeShootsHeScores

vCash: 500
Price is the man.

He got rid of any pressure he had when he said to the crazy fans to relax and chill out. Then he brought it. I complain a lot about some players whose level of passion is questionnable, but I don't doubt for one second that Carey Price is the only NHL goalie I want in front of the habs net.

Since last year, he has the perfect attitude and his mind is set on performing for him and not for the others.

No more mental break downs for Carey since the Halak year.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
What's wrong with being mad and showing emotions?

I actually think its a good thing.
It's not so much showing emotion that's the issue it's when the player/person shows emotion and what kind of emotion it is. I say this because, in my opinion, the biggest change in Price going from Halak's back-up to Elite goalie has been his emotions and how he manages them, particularly during the game.

At the end of the game on Saturday night, his emotions, or, to be more specific, frustration was more then justified-- we lost the game because the ref was on the wrong side of the net and I was, admittedly, yelling at my TV screen too. This is, clearly, a case of Price showing appropriate emotion at an appropriate time.

Go back two seasons, however, and Price was melting down night in night out and blaming everything and everyone else for it. If we went through that season, I'm sure we can find lots of examples of Price being overly emotional at inappropriate times.

To answer the question from the OP, no, I don't think he's feeling the pressure. I think he's reacting as any player would given our current and past situation (this season), and is justified in doing so. Price 'not handling the pressure' looks more like he did when he was making Patrick Roy gestures to the Bell Centre faithful, not Price being pissed off by something actually beyond his control or after a bad game from him or the team.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I hate our fans.
ikr

He was first star of the week twice so far, wins the Molson Cup practically every month/year but apparently he's ''just average'' and didn't earn the team any points.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 04:42 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
ikr

He was first star of the week twice so far, wins the Molson Cup practically every month/year but apparently he's ''just average'' and didn't earn the team any points.
Yep.

Wonder where this team would have been last year or this year as Alex Auld or Peter Budaj as the starters?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:22 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
As an outsider (not trolling) who loves to watch the Habs, I am extremely jealous of the jewel you have in net. Try watching the circus we in Long Island have in net. Price is a future goal-tending phenom in this league. His passion is something comforting to see, he wants to win and that is an awesome character trait to have in goalie. I could only wish we had anyone who showed 1 ounce of his passion. Except on the island all we have is sad, passionless players who couldn't carry Price's jock strap (except for JT).

I'm becoming more and more of a habs fan everyday.
been an islanders fan for a while. don't know why

@ OP: you forgot this ---->

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote