HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
  #301
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Worse than the crap that's played on our 3rd and 4th lines? Bergfors sure, but Comeau I doubt it. Nodl maybe, but worth a shot, even if all it does is force one of Hunter/Moreau/Richardson/Lewis out. We need a change down there.



A 10-15 goals, 30 point 3rd liner is hardly "stone handed." Right now our entire 3rd and 4th line is on pace to score 18 goals between all six players. I think we could use Simmonds just fine, thanks. Btw, what do you expect a 3rd liner to produced before he no longer has what you'd consider stone hands?
Again, he is playing PP time and on a line with Briere and JvR. and has 2 even strength goals in 23 games. He has also played 3rd line time with Matt Read and Talbot who are having fantastic seasons.

All in all that's on pace for a stunning 7 even strength goals. So you think he is going to be a 10-15 goal scorer on this team with Moreau and Lewis as his linemates and ZERO PP time? Not likely whatsoever.


And it's not likely that our bottom 6 will stay this ineffective. Eventually the numbers have to turn around.

And as far as 3rd liners go. I don't know your real good ones to me will be a solid 20 and at the least a + player who can get 40. Simmonds is neither of those things.


It might be blasphemous to say around these parts but Simmonds wasn't all that great. He kept his legs moving. But last season and this season he has cooled off the physical play and is just plain invisible if not defensively irresponsible at times.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
  #302
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Again, he is playing PP time and on a line with Briere and JvR. and has 2 even strength goals in 23 games. He has also played 3rd line time with Matt Read and Talbot who are having fantastic seasons.

All in all that's on pace for a stunning 7 even strength goals. So you think he is going to be a 10-15 goal scorer on this team with Moreau and Lewis as his linemates and ZERO PP time? Not likely whatsoever.


And it's not likely that our bottom 6 will stay this ineffective. Eventually the numbers have to turn around.

And as far as 3rd liners go. I don't know your real good ones to me will be a solid 20 and at the least a + player who can get 40. Simmonds is neither of those things.


It might be blasphemous to say around these parts but Simmonds wasn't all that great. He kept his legs moving. But last season and this season he has cooled off the physical play and is just plain invisible if not defensively irresponsible at times.
I don't care if he was getting PP time in Philly. I'm talking about him here, in LA, when he scored 15ish goals two seasons, both on the third line.

And Lewis and Richardson are scratches, so he won't be playing with them. He'd likely force one to move on, which is addition by subtraction in my books.

For the record, 15 goals may not be "great" but it's worth more than what we're getting from the rest of the bottom six combined.

kingsfan is online now  
Old
11-28-2011, 06:21 PM
  #303
Duc620
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 931
vCash: 500
Maybe if we traded some D prospects and a current NHL roster D to Philly we could get Simmonds back.

And then maybe Doughty could get back to being Doughty with his buddy around?

Just for laughs....

Duc620 is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
  #304
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,087
vCash: 500
Simmonds is still a very good player, especially in TM's cycle, defensive system.

Simmonds issue last year was he wasn't as mean or physical and this year he has showed he is, BUT his offensive numbers have slowed down.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 07:03 PM
  #305
SFKingshomer
Registered User
 
SFKingshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Maybe Nodl has improved since he played Jr here but he was extremely soft and lazy then

SFKingshomer is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 07:14 PM
  #306
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 500
Nodl will get claimed.

FrozenKing18 is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
  #307
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I don't care if he was getting PP time in Philly. I'm talking about him here, in LA, when he scored 15ish goals two seasons, both on the third line.

And Lewis and Richardson are scratches, so he won't be playing with them. He'd likely force one to move on, which is addition by subtraction in my books.

For the record, 15 goals may not be "great" but it's worth more than what we're getting from the rest of the bottom six combined.
I am not convinced. After the season he had last year and the one he is having this year. Simmonds will never become an impact third liner. He is a just plain mediocre third line grinder. Maybe you are saying we need that right now....but sorry been there done that. It would be stupid to trade picks and prospects or a roster player to get back someone we traded away 6 months ago.

Just stupid. If we could have used him why trade him in the 1st place...and if you are Philly trading him away, why acquire him in the first place.

There are plenty of Wayne Simmonds in the NHL to be had. No need to re-hash 6 months in, and at the age of 23.


Clearly it hurt your feelings that we traded Simmer.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 11:16 PM
  #308
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I am not convinced. After the season he had last year and the one he is having this year. Simmonds will never become an impact third liner. He is a just plain mediocre third line grinder. Maybe you are saying we need that right now....but sorry been there done that. It would be stupid to trade picks and prospects or a roster player to get back someone we traded away 6 months ago.

Just stupid. If we could have used him why trade him in the 1st place...and if you are Philly trading him away, why acquire him in the first place.

There are plenty of Wayne Simmonds in the NHL to be had. No need to re-hash 6 months in, and at the age of 23.


Clearly it hurt your feelings that we traded Simmer.
LMAO. Don't try and turn this into some silly mancrush on my part. I was a big fan of Simmonds, but we got Richards. I've been a HUGE Richards supporter since he was in Kitchener. I'd do that trade everyday of the week, even without the benefit of hindsight. If there is anyone I'd mancrush about, it'd be Richards.

It would be stupid of Philly to trade Simmonds back, I agree, but LA taking him back wouldn't be a silly move. The guy had three solid seasons in LA and clearly fit well into the system TM uses. As well, as you pointed out, he's 23. Let's see, get a 23 year old who can post 15 goals, 30 points on the third line and not only fits into your coaches system, but has played in it for three years. Yeah, that's sure stupid of us to get someone like that in, especially with our 3rd and 4th lines playing so lights out like they have.

Simmonds would fit well in here again and we gave him up solely to get a better player. That's it. It seems clear you're not a Simmonds fan, and that's fine, but don't act like he'd be a square peg in a round hole here if he came back.

kingsfan is online now  
Old
11-28-2011, 11:48 PM
  #309
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
@darenmillard

Doing the oilers/predators game @RealKyper told by an nhl exec that ducks r shopping bobby ryan. Wow. 2 wins in 18.
Would love to have him.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 01:35 AM
  #310
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Would love to have him.
JJ and Penner for Vis and Ryan. I will even throw in a first and take the injured Lubo.

funky is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
  #311
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,705
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
JJ and Penner for Vis and Ryan. I will even throw in a first and take the injured Lubo.
Probably would put us over the cap, and it would also not nearly be enough for a player of Ryan's skill or contract plus Visnovsky. The Ducks are looking to bolster their defense, if they trade Ryan and Lubo for JJ and a UFA it easily becomes a wash. Plus, I don't like the idea of playing against Johnson so often during the season

__________________

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 01:46 AM
  #312
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
If we were to trade for Bobby Ryan it'd have to be in a 3-way deal where Bob Murray doesn't know he's coming to us. He'd be crazy to trade him to his division rivals. It would cost A TON too. But, I'm all for it.

Penner, Martinez, Hickey, and our 1st.

Cook24 is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 01:48 AM
  #313
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Ryan will cost a fortune and I don't see our neighbors dealing with us. I would send them Forbort, A Mart and
our 1st this year and that wouldn't likely get the deal done or even be close to enough. If we offered a player like JJ it could be close to enough but would be a bad deal for us. I love BR but JJ should remain with the team for as long as possible. He brings too much to the table to move him.

JJ plus Forbort and a 3rd type of value for Ryan but it would never happen and I absolutely suck at proposals.

etherialone is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 01:50 AM
  #314
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,705
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Johnson would have to be involved. They won't give up Ryan without a #1 defenseman going the other way, and we obviously aren't trading Doughty. It would be Johnson or nothing. No way we deal him either. As stated. Another team would have to trade for him and then turn around and deal him to us.

Telos is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:09 AM
  #315
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
I'm just hoping if he is traded the Ducks just screw the pooch on it...

KingLB is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:17 AM
  #316
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Probably would put us over the cap, and it would also not nearly be enough for a player of Ryan's skill or contract plus Visnovsky. The Ducks are looking to bolster their defense, if they trade Ryan and Lubo for JJ and a UFA it easily becomes a wash. Plus, I don't like the idea of playing against Johnson so often during the season
The Ducks wouldn't relish seeing Ryan in a Kings uniform either.

I wonder if the Kings can do a sneaky 3-way deal to get Ryan.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:26 AM
  #317
outofrange
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Honestly if Doughty wasn't playing so mediocre, I'd do a JJ+Stoll+ kind of trade. But since DD's second season seems more like an aberration rather than the norm I think we've gotta hang onto Jack.

Also too bad we are direct foes. Ducks will never trade with us. And no team will be dumb enough to swap him to us in a 3-way once they pay the ransom it'll take to get him.

So hopefully the Ducks get ripped off and trade him East.

outofrange is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:28 AM
  #318
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Honestly if Doughty wasn't playing so mediocre, I'd do a JJ+Stoll+ kind of trade. But since DD's second season seems more like an aberration rather than the norm I think we've gotta hang onto Jack.

Also too bad we are direct foes. Ducks will never trade with us. And no team will be dumb enough to swap him to us in a 3-way once they pay the ransom it'll take to get him.

So hopefully the Ducks get ripped off and trade him East.
The 3-way part would obviously be without the Ducks knowledge as others have said. Having Kopi and Ryan together would be awesome

Moses Doughty is online now  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:32 AM
  #319
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 16,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Honestly if Doughty wasn't playing so mediocre, I'd do a JJ+Stoll+ kind of trade. But since DD's second season seems more like an aberration rather than the norm I think we've gotta hang onto Jack.

Also too bad we are direct foes. Ducks will never trade with us. And no team will be dumb enough to swap him to us in a 3-way once they pay the ransom it'll take to get him.

So hopefully the Ducks get ripped off and trade him East.
Just spitballing here but out East it seems that Carolina would be looking to shake things up. Maybe something centered around Staal to the Ducks with the Kings sending a ton for them to rebuild with to get Ryan?

I'm thinking the Kings would give up something like Johnson and a high pick. Probably doesn't work considering Johnson's history with Rutherford.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:33 AM
  #320
outofrange
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
The 3-way part would obviously be without the Ducks knowledge as others have said. Having Kopi and Ryan together would be awesome
Yeah but it seems so unlikely. Lombardi did kind of pull off that 3-way with the Canes and Oilers though.

No doubt it would be amazing to have Ryan on the Kings. My brother is always telling me that Ryan is gonna be a King one day, so here's to hoping despite the odds.

It also sounds like the Ducks can't take on much salary....so how about Lokti+Voynov+first+Richardson or something? Unlikely to go down w/o a big gun heading the other way but.....

outofrange is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:33 AM
  #321
I Am Ziggy Palffy
Registered User
 
I Am Ziggy Palffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 2,126
vCash: 500
If B Ryan gets traded, he's most likely headed out East. No way the Ducks should risk it with a player who will likely play for another 10 yrs. Which East team has that that kind of D player to trade?

I can see Burke in TOR being all over this since he drafted the guy. 3 team trade involving them?


Last edited by I Am Ziggy Palffy: 11-29-2011 at 02:43 AM.
I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:35 AM
  #322
outofrange
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I'm thinking the Kings would give up something like Johnson and a high pick. Probably doesn't work considering Johnson's history with Rutherford.
Do you honestly feel comfortable with sending JJ away with the way that DD is playing? I would have jumped at the chance two years ago, but sadly these days Doughty makes me want to hang on to our other younger dmen longer.

outofrange is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:37 AM
  #323
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends
 
Moses Doughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Drewbacca
Country: United States
Posts: 8,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Yeah but it seems so unlikely. Lombardi did kind of pull off that 3-way with the Canes and Oilers though.

No doubt it would be amazing to have Ryan on the Kings. My brother is always telling me that Ryan is gonna be a King one day, so here's to hoping despite the odds.

It also sounds like the Ducks can't take on much salary....so how about Lokti+Voynov+first+Richardson or something? Unlikely to go down w/o a big gun heading the other way but.....
You could hypothetically get an East team to talk to Anaheim, it seems like it could be hard to find that out

Moses Doughty is online now  
Old
11-29-2011, 02:40 AM
  #324
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
People vastly underrate Johnson's trade value.

Also, Bob Murray's job is to get the best return possible for his asset. If his best offer comes from an interdivision opponent, then I don't see how he could turn it down. He's got to do what's best for Anaheim.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
11-29-2011, 07:29 AM
  #325
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,854
vCash: 500
Am I the only one that would rather have Johnson than Doughty? Johnson seems like the kind of guy that could wear a letter and excel with it.

markisonfire is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.