HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Worse than the crap that's played on our 3rd and 4th lines? Bergfors sure, but Comeau I doubt it. Nodl maybe, but worth a shot, even if all it does is force one of Hunter/Moreau/Richardson/Lewis out. We need a change down there.

A 10-15 goals, 30 point 3rd liner is hardly "stone handed." Right now our entire 3rd and 4th line is on pace to score 18 goals between all six players. I think we could use Simmonds just fine, thanks. Btw, what do you expect a 3rd liner to produced before he no longer has what you'd consider stone hands?
Again, he is playing PP time and on a line with Briere and JvR. and has 2 even strength goals in 23 games. He has also played 3rd line time with Matt Read and Talbot who are having fantastic seasons.

All in all that's on pace for a stunning 7 even strength goals. So you think he is going to be a 10-15 goal scorer on this team with Moreau and Lewis as his linemates and ZERO PP time? Not likely whatsoever.

And it's not likely that our bottom 6 will stay this ineffective. Eventually the numbers have to turn around.

And as far as 3rd liners go. I don't know your real good ones to me will be a solid 20 and at the least a + player who can get 40. Simmonds is neither of those things.

It might be blasphemous to say around these parts but Simmonds wasn't all that great. He kept his legs moving. But last season and this season he has cooled off the physical play and is just plain invisible if not defensively irresponsible at times.

Old
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Again, he is playing PP time and on a line with Briere and JvR. and has 2 even strength goals in 23 games. He has also played 3rd line time with Matt Read and Talbot who are having fantastic seasons.

All in all that's on pace for a stunning 7 even strength goals. So you think he is going to be a 10-15 goal scorer on this team with Moreau and Lewis as his linemates and ZERO PP time? Not likely whatsoever.

And it's not likely that our bottom 6 will stay this ineffective. Eventually the numbers have to turn around.

And as far as 3rd liners go. I don't know your real good ones to me will be a solid 20 and at the least a + player who can get 40. Simmonds is neither of those things.

It might be blasphemous to say around these parts but Simmonds wasn't all that great. He kept his legs moving. But last season and this season he has cooled off the physical play and is just plain invisible if not defensively irresponsible at times.
I don't care if he was getting PP time in Philly. I'm talking about him here, in LA, when he scored 15ish goals two seasons, both on the third line.

And Lewis and Richardson are scratches, so he won't be playing with them. He'd likely force one to move on, which is addition by subtraction in my books.

For the record, 15 goals may not be "great" but it's worth more than what we're getting from the rest of the bottom six combined.

Old
11-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Duc620

Maybe if we traded some D prospects and a current NHL roster D to Philly we could get Simmonds back.

And then maybe Doughty could get back to being Doughty with his buddy around?

Just for laughs....

Old
11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Johnny Utah

Simmonds is still a very good player, especially in TM's cycle, defensive system.

Simmonds issue last year was he wasn't as mean or physical and this year he has showed he is, BUT his offensive numbers have slowed down.

Old
11-28-2011, 07:03 PM
SFKingshomer

Maybe Nodl has improved since he played Jr here but he was extremely soft and lazy then

Old
11-28-2011, 07:14 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Nodl will get claimed.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I don't care if he was getting PP time in Philly. I'm talking about him here, in LA, when he scored 15ish goals two seasons, both on the third line.

And Lewis and Richardson are scratches, so he won't be playing with them. He'd likely force one to move on, which is addition by subtraction in my books.

For the record, 15 goals may not be "great" but it's worth more than what we're getting from the rest of the bottom six combined.
I am not convinced. After the season he had last year and the one he is having this year. Simmonds will never become an impact third liner. He is a just plain mediocre third line grinder. Maybe you are saying we need that right now....but sorry been there done that. It would be stupid to trade picks and prospects or a roster player to get back someone we traded away 6 months ago.

Just stupid. If we could have used him why trade him in the 1st place...and if you are Philly trading him away, why acquire him in the first place.

There are plenty of Wayne Simmonds in the NHL to be had. No need to re-hash 6 months in, and at the age of 23.

Clearly it hurt your feelings that we traded Simmer.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:16 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I am not convinced. After the season he had last year and the one he is having this year. Simmonds will never become an impact third liner. He is a just plain mediocre third line grinder. Maybe you are saying we need that right now....but sorry been there done that. It would be stupid to trade picks and prospects or a roster player to get back someone we traded away 6 months ago.

Just stupid. If we could have used him why trade him in the 1st place...and if you are Philly trading him away, why acquire him in the first place.

There are plenty of Wayne Simmonds in the NHL to be had. No need to re-hash 6 months in, and at the age of 23.

Clearly it hurt your feelings that we traded Simmer.
LMAO. Don't try and turn this into some silly mancrush on my part. I was a big fan of Simmonds, but we got Richards. I've been a HUGE Richards supporter since he was in Kitchener. I'd do that trade everyday of the week, even without the benefit of hindsight. If there is anyone I'd mancrush about, it'd be Richards.

It would be stupid of Philly to trade Simmonds back, I agree, but LA taking him back wouldn't be a silly move. The guy had three solid seasons in LA and clearly fit well into the system TM uses. As well, as you pointed out, he's 23. Let's see, get a 23 year old who can post 15 goals, 30 points on the third line and not only fits into your coaches system, but has played in it for three years. Yeah, that's sure stupid of us to get someone like that in, especially with our 3rd and 4th lines playing so lights out like they have.

Simmonds would fit well in here again and we gave him up solely to get a better player. That's it. It seems clear you're not a Simmonds fan, and that's fine, but don't act like he'd be a square peg in a round hole here if he came back.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:48 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
@darenmillard

Doing the oilers/predators game @RealKyper told by an nhl exec that ducks r shopping bobby ryan. Wow. 2 wins in 18.
Would love to have him.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:35 AM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Would love to have him.
JJ and Penner for Vis and Ryan. I will even throw in a first and take the injured Lubo.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:38 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
JJ and Penner for Vis and Ryan. I will even throw in a first and take the injured Lubo.
Probably would put us over the cap, and it would also not nearly be enough for a player of Ryan's skill or contract plus Visnovsky. The Ducks are looking to bolster their defense, if they trade Ryan and Lubo for JJ and a UFA it easily becomes a wash. Plus, I don't like the idea of playing against Johnson so often during the season

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
11-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
If we were to trade for Bobby Ryan it'd have to be in a 3-way deal where Bob Murray doesn't know he's coming to us. He'd be crazy to trade him to his division rivals. It would cost A TON too. But, I'm all for it.

Penner, Martinez, Hickey, and our 1st.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:48 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Ryan will cost a fortune and I don't see our neighbors dealing with us. I would send them Forbort, A Mart and
our 1st this year and that wouldn't likely get the deal done or even be close to enough. If we offered a player like JJ it could be close to enough but would be a bad deal for us. I love BR but JJ should remain with the team for as long as possible. He brings too much to the table to move him.

JJ plus Forbort and a 3rd type of value for Ryan but it would never happen and I absolutely suck at proposals.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Johnson would have to be involved. They won't give up Ryan without a #1 defenseman going the other way, and we obviously aren't trading Doughty. It would be Johnson or nothing. No way we deal him either. As stated. Another team would have to trade for him and then turn around and deal him to us.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:09 AM
KingLB

I'm just hoping if he is traded the Ducks just screw the pooch on it...

Old
11-29-2011, 02:17 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Probably would put us over the cap, and it would also not nearly be enough for a player of Ryan's skill or contract plus Visnovsky. The Ducks are looking to bolster their defense, if they trade Ryan and Lubo for JJ and a UFA it easily becomes a wash. Plus, I don't like the idea of playing against Johnson so often during the season
The Ducks wouldn't relish seeing Ryan in a Kings uniform either.

I wonder if the Kings can do a sneaky 3-way deal to get Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:26 AM
outofrange

Honestly if Doughty wasn't playing so mediocre, I'd do a JJ+Stoll+ kind of trade. But since DD's second season seems more like an aberration rather than the norm I think we've gotta hang onto Jack.

Also too bad we are direct foes. Ducks will never trade with us. And no team will be dumb enough to swap him to us in a 3-way once they pay the ransom it'll take to get him.

So hopefully the Ducks get ripped off and trade him East.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:28 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Honestly if Doughty wasn't playing so mediocre, I'd do a JJ+Stoll+ kind of trade. But since DD's second season seems more like an aberration rather than the norm I think we've gotta hang onto Jack.

Also too bad we are direct foes. Ducks will never trade with us. And no team will be dumb enough to swap him to us in a 3-way once they pay the ransom it'll take to get him.

The 3-way part would obviously be without the Ducks knowledge as others have said. Having Kopi and Ryan together would be awesome

Old
11-29-2011, 02:32 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

Just spitballing here but out East it seems that Carolina would be looking to shake things up. Maybe something centered around Staal to the Ducks with the Kings sending a ton for them to rebuild with to get Ryan?

I'm thinking the Kings would give up something like Johnson and a high pick. Probably doesn't work considering Johnson's history with Rutherford.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:33 AM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
The 3-way part would obviously be without the Ducks knowledge as others have said. Having Kopi and Ryan together would be awesome
Yeah but it seems so unlikely. Lombardi did kind of pull off that 3-way with the Canes and Oilers though.

No doubt it would be amazing to have Ryan on the Kings. My brother is always telling me that Ryan is gonna be a King one day, so here's to hoping despite the odds.

It also sounds like the Ducks can't take on much salary....so how about Lokti+Voynov+first+Richardson or something? Unlikely to go down w/o a big gun heading the other way but.....

Old
11-29-2011, 02:33 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

If B Ryan gets traded, he's most likely headed out East. No way the Ducks should risk it with a player who will likely play for another 10 yrs. Which East team has that that kind of D player to trade?

I can see Burke in TOR being all over this since he drafted the guy. 3 team trade involving them?

Last edited by I Am Ziggy Palffy: 11-29-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old
11-29-2011, 02:35 AM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I'm thinking the Kings would give up something like Johnson and a high pick. Probably doesn't work considering Johnson's history with Rutherford.
Do you honestly feel comfortable with sending JJ away with the way that DD is playing? I would have jumped at the chance two years ago, but sadly these days Doughty makes me want to hang on to our other younger dmen longer.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:37 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Yeah but it seems so unlikely. Lombardi did kind of pull off that 3-way with the Canes and Oilers though.

No doubt it would be amazing to have Ryan on the Kings. My brother is always telling me that Ryan is gonna be a King one day, so here's to hoping despite the odds.

It also sounds like the Ducks can't take on much salary....so how about Lokti+Voynov+first+Richardson or something? Unlikely to go down w/o a big gun heading the other way but.....
You could hypothetically get an East team to talk to Anaheim, it seems like it could be hard to find that out

Old
11-29-2011, 02:40 AM
johnjm22

People vastly underrate Johnson's trade value.

Also, Bob Murray's job is to get the best return possible for his asset. If his best offer comes from an interdivision opponent, then I don't see how he could turn it down. He's got to do what's best for Anaheim.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:29 AM
markisonfire

Am I the only one that would rather have Johnson than Doughty? Johnson seems like the kind of guy that could wear a letter and excel with it.

Closed Thread