HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Louis Leblanc called up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2011, 01:04 AM
  #101
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,344
vCash: 500
Isn`t Leblanc a center?? Or does he play wing for the Dogs?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:06 AM
  #102
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
Why aren't more of you excited, this is probably our best prospect and it's his first games in the NHL. I can't wait to see him play and I really hope he will succeed at the pro level, I was impressed by his play in Junior but didn't get to see him play with Hamilton. Plus, he's Francophone. And I know some of you will but I don't care, we haven't had a good Francophone player since Damphousse and hopefully Louis will be in the top 6 for years.
the Habs brought up Pacman early too,then had to send him back down ...... and near lost him because of it .

Anyone remember him calling the Habs brass out?

He was close to getting traded.


Don't get me wrong , i like LL very much, i just don't think popping his cork right now is wise.

My problem with calling him up so early you create expectations, that are unnecessary..His focus should be on getting better in Hamilton as a pro ..

To anyone saying oh just 3 games, for the remaining 59 games ,next injury call up is who? Brian Willsie?

Lou Leblanc will be back even by default...Cole don't have many injury free seasons ....for example ...


So expect more to come yet ..


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-29-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:11 AM
  #103
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
the Habs brought up Pacman early too,then had to send him back down ...... and near lost him because of it .

Anyone remember him calling the Habs brass out?

He was close to getting traded.


Don't get me wrong , i like LL very much, i just don't think popping his cork right now is wise.
It's not like they'll keep him for long anyway, it's just to give him a taste and some extra motivation. I'm pretty sure they'll do everything to make him look as good as possible.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:16 AM
  #104
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 500
sweet

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:19 AM
  #105
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
the Habs brought up Pacman early too,then had to send him back down ...... and near lost him because of it .

Anyone remember him calling the Habs brass out?

He was close to getting traded.
Each line here is a bigger lie than the last line.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:26 AM
  #106
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
I feel bad for hamilton Leblanc has been one of there only contributors

Vi Nc E x13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
  #107
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,140
vCash: 500
Ah I just learned of the western trip. Good way to bring him up there.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:34 AM
  #108
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kingbobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,683
vCash: 500
this is smart.
PG knows this is only for 3 games.
He wont be kept past that so he's not being rushed. Think of it as a shadowing experience.
Rather than having st-denis as a forward, let LL play some minutes to get an idea of what the NHL feels like.

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:43 AM
  #109
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Each line here is a bigger lie than the last line.
not sure how is every line a lie really...

patches wasn't brought on early. what he did though is publicly ask management to either play him in the top 6, or send him down to hamilton. i wouldn't exactly call that: "calling the habs brass out".

he was, however, never close to being traded. it was bobby mac, i think, that said that when patches' comments came out in the media, every single other GM in the league were salivating at the idea that the habs would ship him out on the cheap for his comments.

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:48 AM
  #110
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
not sure how is every line a lie really...
Because Montreal didn't nearly lose Pacioretty. Pacioretty never called out Montreal management. And he was never close to being traded.

Each of those assertions are fictional.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:55 AM
  #111
Andros777
Registered User
 
Andros777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Do you expect to see any of those names in Montreal with in 3 years?
If you answer yes, then can they help us next year? or next? you see what i mean?

There is no question in my mind Habs will push Gallagher.....likely another mistake ..



When i say cleaned out of depth in Hamilton , i mean of guys who can make a NHL IMPACT in a time of need....

If your calling up guys now with only 14 games of pro exp straight our of jr, your depth is scary ...<(in a bad way)
I worry about the same thing. I wish the Habs would do with him and our other prospects what the Sharks did with Logan Couture, around 80 AHL games minimum before they call them up. Every player should have to do that.

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:49 AM
  #112
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Oh my! Hell to the yeah!!! Atleast Leblanc is good in the corners and is reliable defensively. I would love to see Moen-Plekanec-Gionta, Cammy-DD-Cole and Kostitsyn-Eller-Leblanc. That 3rd line could be a very special 2-wha force one day.
You've occasionally got some zany ideas, but this is pretty darn picture perfect!
If it struggles though... re-unite the Kost-Eller-Moen line.

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:49 AM
  #113
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Each line here is a bigger lie than the last line.


wait a second,where do you see lies?


Pacman was called up after only 37 AHL games to Montreal .
He then played 34 games in Montreal ,and sent back to Hamilton for 18 games.
Next season Max again in Montreal, this time for 52 games,then sent down to AHL again .....and he wasn't happy with being sent down .

So Mike8,as i said TOO EARLY and i see no lie.





As for Pacioretty calling out Habs brass


Quote:
Pacioretty raised more than a few eyebrows when he said his development would be better served with first-line, full-time minutes with the Bulldogs, than part-time, fourth-line minutes with the Canadiens.


Those word we're spoken by him as a member of the BULLDOGS prior to his last call up from AHL.
In other words,he told Habs don't call me up unless.....


So , where is the lie? He did indeed call the Habs brass out,a direct shot and right to their faces via the media .... I seen players say less and get shipped out of town!


He was alot closer to leaving than you might think, as he was getting frustrated to the point of having to tell the HABS BRASS what to do...Habs brass took his advice ,and the rest of the story we seen play out until Chara ....


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-29-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:57 AM
  #114
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,097
vCash: 500
Habaneros, for the sake of everyone else, please format your posts properly. What's with the spacing?

Not to mention the fact that you're overreacting and hamfisting a very innocent situation. Calling up a 21 year old for a 3 game tryout. A 21 year old for a 3 game road trip with no home pressure. A 21 year old who hadn't had a chance to play with the big team in the preseason and who has been responding well to his rehab. They're not rushing Leblanc at all, there's no room for him after Patches serves his suspension and/or Gomez returns. We don't need Leblanc up here.


Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 11-29-2011 at 04:05 AM.
WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:09 AM
  #115
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
wait a second,where do you see lies?
You claimed Montreal nearly lost him. In this post of 'proof' of yours, you never demonstrated any evidence that they had nearly lost him. This is, in fact, fiction.

You put forth a quote from Pacioretty saying he prefers playing top-line minutes in Hamilton to bottom-line minutes in Montreal. You interpret this to mean he's calling out the management of Montreal. This interpretation is not based in evidence. Stating a preference in this context is not calling out anyone.

Based on this interpretation, which is the false premise, you then take a few leaps to presume that Pacioretty was close to being dealt. Again, this is fiction. Even if one were to agree with your interpretation that Pacioretty was calling out the Montreal management, that in no way indicates that he's close to being dealt.

The irony in this is that your jumps and leaps in logic to presume Pacioretty was close to being dealt or close to being lost is precisely the type of melodrama and fanaticism that you worry about with the Montreal media & Leblanc's call-up.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:32 AM
  #116
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Habaneros, for the sake of everyone else, please format your posts properly. What's with the spacing?

Not to mention the fact that you're overreacting and hamfisting a very innocent situation. Calling up a 21 year old for a 3 game tryout. A 21 year old for a 3 game road trip with no home pressure. A 21 year old who hadn't had a chance to play with the big team in the preseason and who has been responding well to his rehab. They're not rushing Leblanc at all, there's no room for him after Patches serves his suspension and/or Gomez returns. We don't need Leblanc up here.


Gomez got a groin injury.....how long do those take?
Cole statistically is going out sometime this season.
Cammy is playing hurt...
What do you mean LL is just here for 3 games this year??
Innocent situation? i say it is alarming to see LL in Montreal,for the fact being that is the only option we got left??? at a critical point in or season!

As i said in another thread last year we had 15 wins in first 24 games...just snuck into playoffs.
This year we got 10 wins in first 24 ,with Pacman out for next 3 ,and next 10 of 15 on the road.
Call up Leblanc??? best you can do?


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-29-2011 at 04:46 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:42 AM
  #117
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
You claimed Montreal nearly lost him. In this post of 'proof' of yours, you never demonstrated any evidence that they had nearly lost him. This is, in fact, fiction.

You put forth a quote from Pacioretty saying he prefers playing top-line minutes in Hamilton to bottom-line minutes in Montreal. You interpret this to mean he's calling out the management of Montreal. This interpretation is not based in evidence. Stating a preference in this context is not calling out anyone.

Based on this interpretation, which is the false premise, you then take a few leaps to presume that Pacioretty was close to being dealt. Again, this is fiction. Even if one were to agree with your interpretation that Pacioretty was calling out the Montreal management, that in no way indicates that he's close to being dealt.

The irony in this is that your jumps and leaps in logic to presume Pacioretty was close to being dealt or close to being lost is precisely the type of melodrama and fanaticism that you worry about with the Montreal media & Leblanc's call-up.

good enough Mike, but just because you interpret it one way and i interpret another, doesn't make me a liar.

You got yours,i got mine.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:04 AM
  #118
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
good enough Mike, but just because you interpret it one way and i interpret another, doesn't make me a liar.

You got yours,i got mine.
Disingenuous, liar, etc., is synonymous as far as I'm concerned.

You can't chalk this up to a difference in interpretation, I'm afraid. That's the convenient path people take when backtracking. The fact of the matter is that you interpreted those remarks as an attack on management, and you're free to make any outlandish interpretation you wish. Where you falter is when you then use that interpretation to begin making presumptions about things such as Pacioretty was very close to being traded, and nearly lost. That is beyond interpretation: it is wrong. It's disingenuous, or a lie. There is no evidence to support these statements.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:06 AM
  #119
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Disingenuous, liar, etc., is synonymous as far as I'm concerned.

You can't chalk this up to a difference in interpretation, I'm afraid. That's the convenient path people take when backtracking. The fact of the matter is that you interpreted those remarks as an attack on management, and you're free to make any outlandish interpretation you wish. Where you falter is when you then use that interpretation to begin making presumptions about things such as Pacioretty was very close to being traded, and nearly lost. That is beyond interpretation: it is wrong. It's disingenuous, or a lie. There is no evidence to support these statements.

no back tracking here, i stand by what i said, no matter what your trying to say .

You can try as hard as you like , but it is clear as day Pacman took a shot at Habs management .
The guy was in the ahl and told the Habs i don't want to be called up to Montreal ,unless i play 1st or 2nd lines....He was CLEARLY pizzed at Martin playing him on the bottom end in NHL.

Ask yourself this question Mike , how many guys in Hamilton can say that right now,and get away with it .Funny thing was Habs called him up shorty after him calling out the Habs , and he hasn't seen 4th line since....



Sorry Mike ,as i said Pacman was closer to being out that you think, because if the Habs did start 4th lining him again , it was over in Montreal...It was at a boiling point when Pacman burst out in Media ..

Pacman put the gun to Habs heads...Habs listened.


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-29-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:18 AM
  #120
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
no back tracking here, i stand by what i said, no matter what your trying to say .

You can try as hard as you like , but it is clear as day Pacman took a shot at Habs management .
The guy was in the ahl and told the Habs i don't want to be called up to Montreal ,unless i play 1st or 2nd lines....He was CLEARLY pizzed at Martin playing him on the bottom end in NHL.

Ask yourself this question Mike , how many guys in Hamilton can say that right now,and get away with it .Funny thing was Habs called him up shorty after him calling out the Habs , and he hasn't seen 4th line since....


Sorry Mike .
Please pay attention to the meat of my post.

I said you are free to hold that interpretation if you wish, but you cannot then use that premise to make other presumptions. Doing so is disingenuous. That is what I wrote in the post you responded to, so I'm not sure how you missed that point and then decided to argue that you have the right to interpret Pacioretty's comments however you wish.

In any event, I think this point has been exhausted, so either you get it or you don't. Back to Leblanc discussion.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:35 AM
  #121
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Please pay attention to the meat of my post.

I said you are free to hold that interpretation if you wish, but you cannot then use that premise to make other presumptions. Doing so is disingenuous. That is what I wrote in the post you responded to, so I'm not sure how you missed that point and then decided to argue that you have the right to interpret Pacioretty's comments however you wish.

In any event, I think this point has been exhausted, so either you get it or you don't. Back to Leblanc discussion.

I'll end it just as you wish , i leave you with this .
If you want to continue to say i lie,and want to try to talk down to me , and keep saying Pacman didn't take shot at Habs management, i wont wait for your apology.I really can't help anymore.What i said i stand behind 100%...

All the best to you Mike ,LL discussion from here on out .





http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...MontrealSports

Quote:
By Arpon Basu

Max Pacioretty is either brutally honest, or brutally dumb, or both.

Either way, what he did Thursday on live Montreal radio was beyond belief and went against his own best interests, no matter what he thought he may have been doing.

I'm trying to figure out why exactly someone would jump on the radio and talk about how much better he played under a fired coach and how the coach currently in place sapped him of all his confidence and left him a shell of a player?

Did Pacioretty think his comments would get him traded? If so, I wonder what kind of a GM would want a player who comes out in such a public way on the city's No. 1 English sports radio station and disparages your coach?

Did Pacioretty think his comments would lead to further leniency for his errors from Jacques Martin when he did eventually get called up? Or should I now say if he eventually gets called up?

What was he thinking? I'm dying to know.

For those who missed it, Pacioretty gave an interview to Renaud Lavoie of RDS and told him that he would rather spend the year in Hamilton if the alternative was being called up to the Canadiens to fill a bottom-6 role.


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-29-2011 at 05:40 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:41 AM
  #122
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
So what kind of minutes ,and how many points will we see Lou get?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:22 AM
  #123
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,368
vCash: 500
Leblanc has had a tough road to the Habs and I believe this stint with the Habs will have the fans crying for more of Louis Leblanc.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:26 AM
  #124
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,126
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
congrats Leblanc , enjoy Montreal ,now history says you'll be traded.


calling them up so early ,bad recipe.....
What? You do realize that this is likely only for a few games while Patches is serving his suspension?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Gomez got a groin injury.....how long do those take?
Cole statistically is going out sometime this season.
Cammy is playing hurt...
What do you mean LL is just here for 3 games this year??
Innocent situation? i say it is alarming to see LL in Montreal,for the fact being that is the only option we got left??? at a critical point in or season!

As i said in another thread last year we had 15 wins in first 24 games...just snuck into playoffs.
This year we got 10 wins in first 24 ,with Pacman out for next 3 ,and next 10 of 15 on the road.
Call up Leblanc??? best you can do?
Who says he is the only option as you put it? Maybe the Habs literally wanted to see what the kid can do for a few games. Leblanc is a first round pick how has done well at all levels he has played. He has 10 points in his first 14 games in the AHL and I don't see why he would not be called up.

How was Patch close to being traded? I don't remember hearing one rumor of the sort. He didn't "call out" Habs brass, he just stated that he felt that being in the NHL getting top line minutes would be better for his development then playing limited minutes on the 4th line in Montreal. I agree with Mike, you are interpreting things as you see fit.


Last edited by beowulf: 11-29-2011 at 06:36 AM.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:32 AM
  #125
Paul Dipietro
Registered User
 
Paul Dipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Isn`t Leblanc a center?? Or does he play wing for the Dogs?
Given our depth at center, he's been playing a bit on the wing with the Dogs. At least that's what I heard

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.