HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

vCash: 500
For me, it takes a couple of moves to right this ship. The first piece who has to be moved is Gomez, clearly. His salary is tying Gauthier's hands, and poses a huge obstacle to resigning valuable core players, such as Price, Subban, Gorges, and Moen. Furthermore Gomez's failure to produce as the highest paid member of the organization is resonating throughout the team...The Isles need a 2nd line centre and a veteran to stabilise the franchise. Gomez's salary only pay him $10 m for the last two years, for the cash-strapped Isles, a salary such as his is a way to get to the cap floor, and save money...I think he would be a good fit on the Isles in my estimation, and a guy who can help try to sell the game on the Island...

The most obvious return for Gomez is Mark Streit. He has not been the leader the Isles have hoped for, and with the Isles their future I think is locked up in the trio of Hamonic, De Haan, and Andrew Mc Donald...Montreal has some serious health issues on the left defensive side, with Markov, Spacek, and Hal Gill all being banged up...The absence of Markov, and his replacement last year on the PP, Wisniewski, is evident this year...This may be an area where he can shine with the Habs, again...

Straight up that is a bad trade for the Isles, so Pierre Gauthier needs to sweeten the pot a little. I'd throw in a 2nd rd pick (I hate trading draft picks, but if one needs to be sacrificed to get Gomez out of town, I think it is a sacrifice worth making), Aaron Palushaj, and Brendan Nash for Mark Streit, and Josh Bailey (Bailey is a wild card, but he has developped in the Isles system along with Comeau, now that Comeau is gone, I think the writing is on the wall). If the Isles need to resign any player on their current roster it is Nielsen, and with Rolston off the books next year, they have that opportunity...

Now this doesn't solve all the problems, so the next move I would make is to shore up the team in the middle. Antoine Vermette is being dangled in Columbus. Martin knows him very well, and if the Habs are going to compete with Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh, they need to be solid up the middle. Making Vermette a checking line centre, would give the Habs a reliable faceoff guy to go head to head with Bergeron, Kelly, Steckel, Staals, Richards, Gaustad, etc., and allow Plekanec to resume a more offensive role within the team. An obvious trade I could see is Vermette for Yannick Weber, Weber and Wisniewski were dynamite together last year, so the Jackets could establish a very solid powerplay with those two, shed a salary, and still conceivably improve.

What would the Habs lineup look like subsequently? How's this

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn (back to what has worked)
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Vermette-Gionta (bona fide hard-working checking line)
Darche-Eller-Bailey (Eller can easily move up the lineup, with performance, Bailey adds some talent and depth)

Nokkelainen as a reserve, spelling Darche...

Markov-Gorges (#1 defensive pairing)
H. Gill-Subban (Tinordi hopefully fits in to Gill's skates next year)
Emelin/Diaz-Streit
Spacek as a reserve

If the team continues to struggle I would look very hard at moving Jacques Martin into the GM's seat (I think he has a better understanding of personnel than does Gautheir), and make Patrick Roy the head coach...If Roy can get Price playing with confidence, and the team in front of him to play with more fire, the Habs have alot of the necessary pieces to get back on track.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:38 AM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post
For me, it takes a couple of moves to right this ship. The first piece who has to be moved is Gomez, clearly. His salary is tying Gauthier's hands, and poses a huge obstacle to resigning valuable core players, such as Price, Subban, Gorges, and Moen. Furthermore Gomez's failure to produce as the highest paid member of the organization is resonating throughout the team...The Isles need a 2nd line centre and a veteran to stabilise the franchise. Gomez's salary only pay him $10 m for the last two years, for the cash-strapped Isles, a salary such as his is a way to get to the cap floor, and save money...I think he would be a good fit on the Isles in my estimation, and a guy who can help try to sell the game on the Island...

The most obvious return for Gomez is Mark Streit. He has not been the leader the Isles have hoped for, and with the Isles their future I think is locked up in the trio of Hamonic, De Haan, and Andrew Mc Donald...Montreal has some serious health issues on the left defensive side, with Markov, Spacek, and Hal Gill all being banged up...The absence of Markov, and his replacement last year on the PP, Wisniewski, is evident this year...This may be an area where he can shine with the Habs, again...

Straight up that is a bad trade for the Isles, so Pierre Gauthier needs to sweeten the pot a little. I'd throw in a 2nd rd pick (I hate trading draft picks, but if one needs to be sacrificed to get Gomez out of town, I think it is a sacrifice worth making), Aaron Palushaj, and Brendan Nash for Mark Streit, and Josh Bailey (Bailey is a wild card, but he has developped in the Isles system along with Comeau, now that Comeau is gone, I think the writing is on the wall). If the Isles need to resign any player on their current roster it is Nielsen, and with Rolston off the books next year, they have that opportunity...

Now this doesn't solve all the problems, so the next move I would make is to shore up the team in the middle. Antoine Vermette is being dangled in Columbus. Martin knows him very well, and if the Habs are going to compete with Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh, they need to be solid up the middle. Making Vermette a checking line centre, would give the Habs a reliable faceoff guy to go head to head with Bergeron, Kelly, Steckel, Staals, Richards, Gaustad, etc., and allow Plekanec to resume a more offensive role within the team. An obvious trade I could see is Vermette for Yannick Weber, Weber and Wisniewski were dynamite together last year, so the Jackets could establish a very solid powerplay with those two, shed a salary, and still conceivably improve.

What would the Habs lineup look like subsequently? How's this

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn (back to what has worked)
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Moen-Vermette-Gionta (bona fide hard-working checking line)
Darche-Eller-Bailey (Eller can easily move up the lineup, with performance, Bailey adds some talent and depth)

Nokkelainen as a reserve, spelling Darche...

Markov-Gorges (#1 defensive pairing)
H. Gill-Subban (Tinordi hopefully fits in to Gill's skates next year)
Emelin/Diaz-Streit
Spacek as a reserve

If the team continues to struggle I would look very hard at moving Jacques Martin into the GM's seat (I think he has a better understanding of personnel than does Gautheir), and make Patrick Roy the head coach...If Roy can get Price playing with confidence, and the team in front of him to play with more fire, the Habs have alot of the necessary pieces to get back on track.
well said!

Old
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM
billy piton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKonoForever View Post
Apparently a Montreal Canadiens scout, Perry Pearn, has been at the last two Caps games in DC.

Wed vs. the Jets

Fri. vs the NYR

Think they may have some interest in a Caps player?
it must be hamrlik

Old
11-28-2011, 05:38 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

Montreal:
Scott Gomez

Washington:
bucket of pucks
practice jersey
broken hockey stick

Old
11-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
Montreal:
Scott Gomez

Washington:
bucket of pucks
practice jersey
broken hockey stick

Caps get ripped off.

Old
11-28-2011, 06:49 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageur View Post

The most obvious return for Gomez is Mark Streit.
Not a bad idea but according to Yahoo Sports, Gomez already turned down a trade to the Islanders.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:09 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm not sure if I like it.....dealing Cam for this package. I'm not high on Brassard but maybe the kid would do well in Montreal. Vermette doesn't produce so him or Gomez, the difference is a few millions so I like that. Losing Budaj is big cause Price needs some games off and be fresh if we make the PO.

If I'm gonna deal Cam to the CLB, Johansen must come back.
So let's try

Cammalleri+Budaj

for

Johansen+Vermette
with all due respect, you're out to lunch if you think johansen is leaving columbus for anything short of a ridiculous overpayment.

kid's a future star

Old
11-29-2011, 12:02 AM
EveryDay

Semin for Cammalleri

They need a playoff producer.......

Old
11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

with ryan officially being shopped. i can't wrap my mind around a proposal that couldn't be beaten by other teams. somebody help me?

cammy + [...]

at least they are both left wings. come on PG... doooooo iiiiiit....

Old
11-29-2011, 07:29 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

1. Bury Gomez in the AHL, frees up cap room
2. Bring DD up to 2nd line centre
3. Acquire Vermette from CBJ
4. Make a pitch for Ryan

Ryan-Plekanec-Cole
Paciotetty-Desharnais-Gionta
Moen-Vermette-Palushaj
= very good top 9

(Cammalleri and Kostitsyn were parts of the trades)

Old
11-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
1. Bury Gomez in the AHL, frees up cap room
2. Bring DD up to 2nd line centre
3. Acquire Vermette from CBJ
4. Make a pitch for Ryan

Ryan-Plekanec-Cole
Paciotetty-Desharnais-Gionta
Moen-Vermette-Palushaj
= very good top 9

(Cammalleri and Kostitsyn were parts of the trades)
Palushaj and Moen permanently on the 3rd line would be a downgrade from what we have.

Ryan would have to include Pcaioretty going the other way.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Something's fishy with this Ryan situation, it's really strange to me that a young talented player on a sweetheart deal would became avaliable, something just doesn't seem right to me.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Something's fishy with this Ryan situation, it's really strange to me that a young talented player on a sweetheart deal would became avaliable, something just doesn't seem right to me.
His camp and the Ducks had numerous run ins from the time where Burke sent him AHL to start a second year to save on cap room, then they were looking for a huge long term deal last year and things got edgy.

He's definitely a good player, but leaving Getzlaf and Perry, his numbers would be affected. I think he'd be a 30-30-60 guy with an average team. I would take him but Anhaeim would probably want Pacioretty plus a 1st/top prospect/Cammy.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
His camp and the Ducks had numerous run ins from the time where Burke sent him AHL to start a second year to save on cap room, then they were looking for a huge long term deal last year and things got edgy.

He's definitely a good player, but leaving Getzlaf and Perry, his numbers would be affected. I think he'd be a 30-30-60 guy with an average team. I would take him but Anhaeim would probably want Pacioretty plus a 1st/top prospect/Cammy.
BB isn't there anymore, some posters on the Avs boards said that he has attitude issues, I know that doesn't mean much, but I'm suspicious, you don't trade a young player who's on a 4year deal without some serious issues between him and the organization and I've seen enough big ego's on my favourite teams in this last 2 - 3 years (Stewart, SK etc) for an entire lifetime.

And with all due respect to him I wouldn't trade Max+ for him, he just isn't worth it.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:38 AM
S1C1L1AN78

Didn't know where to post this but does anyone know what calgary players have no movement clause or no trade clause ??

Old
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
groovejuice

Iginla, Jarome
Tanguay, Alex
Stajan, Matthew
Bourque, Rene
Jokinen, Olli
Glencross, Curtis

Bouwmeester, Jay
Giordano, Mark
Sarich, Cory
Babchuk, Anton

Kiprusoff, Miikka

Old
11-29-2011, 11:50 AM
S1C1L1AN78

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Iginla, Jarome
Tanguay, Alex
Stajan, Matthew
Bourque, Rene
Jokinen, Olli
Glencross, Curtis

Bouwmeester, Jay
Giordano, Mark
Sarich, Cory
Babchuk, Anton

Kiprusoff, Miikka

thank you very much

Old
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Semin for Cammalleri

They need a playoff producer.......
You might have something there. I could see that as a real possibility.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Iginla, Jarome
Tanguay, Alex
Stajan, Matthew
Bourque, Rene
Jokinen, Olli
Glencross, Curtis

Bouwmeester, Jay
Giordano, Mark
Sarich, Cory
Babchuk, Anton

Kiprusoff, Miikka
Wow...they give them out like candy on halloween...or like JFJ when he was in Toronto...

Old
11-29-2011, 12:06 PM
groovejuice

BG gave out one too many in Montreal.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
You might have something there. I could see that as a real possibility.
Huh? seriously?

Old
11-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
BG gave out one too many in Montreal.
Which one is that?

Old
11-29-2011, 12:17 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
BB isn't there anymore, some posters on the Avs boards said that he has attitude issues, I know that doesn't mean much, but I'm suspicious, you don't trade a young player who's on a 4year deal without some serious issues between him and the organization and I've seen enough big ego's on my favourite teams in this last 2 - 3 years (Stewart, SK etc) for an entire lifetime.

And with all due respect to him I wouldn't trade Max+ for him, he just isn't worth it.
Nor would I. Max Pac is making all the right moves in Mtl with his play and his charity work. The city and the team need players that go the extra mile.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:38 PM
Roulin

I would also keep Pacioretty. What if Anaheim asked for Eller to be part of a package for Ryan? As much as I like what Eller, I'd probably have to agree to that one.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:01 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Which one is that?
Seriously?

Closed Thread