HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XIX | Trade Spezza Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Iamok
#Panic

vCash: 500
"A Kessel type deal" Seriously? I think we all know how well that worked the first time around...

Old
11-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Not creating a weakness since it's a strength. Giving up part of our D (which hasn't fully matured yet) would lower it's depth but not to a point weakness. Getting Ryan however (who has already hit his stride) would make our offense much stronger than what it is right now, making us a much better team. Ryan is still young enough to keep around, as well as is signed to a decent contract for another 3 years.
Rundblad and Cowen are both going to be more valuable to this team moving forward than Ryan.

Silfverberg, Stone, Prince, Puempel and Noesen plus Michalek, Filatov and Foligno give us enough forward depth. They won't all pan out but we definitely don't need Ryan at the expense of an all-world defence corps.

Old
Dionysus

It would probably take Rundblad +1st to get Ryan. I don't see it happening. The pricetag will be just too high. The stockpile of good, but not really high-end forward prospects the sens have could help if the Ducks are high on someone like Stone.

Stone+Foligno+1st.

Old
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
"A Kessel type deal" Seriously? I think we all know how well that worked the first time around...
Kessel may be top 3 in league scoring right now...but imo, Bobby Ryan is an all-round better player.

Besides, having another young 40+ goal scorer on Spezza's wing again may just win us a few more hockey games now as well.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:15 AM
Iamok
#Panic

The Ducks would want assets that can help the team now anyways. We don't really have any of those.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:18 AM
HSF

Rundblad or Cowen would be in any deal for Ryan.

i might consider it.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:19 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Kessel may be top 3 in league scoring right now...but imo, Bobby Ryan is an all-round better player.

Besides, having another young 40+ goal scorer on Spezza's wing again may just win us a few more hockey games now as well.
Too bad winning now isn't the concern. Yeah, Kessel's leading the league in points, but Seguin's not doing so terribly at a PPG pace, in only his 2nd year. Then you realise there's Hamilton who's going to be terrific player as well.

There are many teams that can offer better assets that can help the ducks now, which is what they'd want. I'm not interested in selling the future for a 30-40 goal scorer.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Afro Thunder*

Old
11-29-2011, 12:21 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Ryan is a player I'd be willing to pay a steep price for. I'd certainly consider moving our 2012 1st for him as he'd be a part of the rebuild while improving the current product. Would Anaheim be looking for futures, NHL ready depth or a combination of the two?

The only prospects/young players I wouldn't offer up would be Rundblad, Cowen, Karlsson and Zibanejad.

Puempel, Greening, Foligno for Ryan? Maybe 'throw in' Kuba if they need some help on D? That would offer them some additional depth out side of Perry and Getzlaf. Greening would complement those two well.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

i think we have a better chance at eric staal than bobby "silver" ryan.

He is young and super skilled. whether rebuild or playoff run, that is something you want. I do not see the ducks letting him go unfortunately.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Ryan is a player I'd be willing to pay a steep price for. I'd certainly consider moving our 2012 1st for him as he'd be a part of the rebuild while improving the current product. Would Anaheim be looking for futures, NHL ready depth or a combination of the two?

The only prospects/young players I wouldn't offer up would be Rundblad, Cowen, Karlsson and Zibanejad.

Puempel, Greening, Foligno for Ryan?
Maybe 'throw in' Kuba if they need some help on D? That would offer them some additional depth out side of Perry and Getzlaf. Greening would complement those two well.
That's a fleece job.

I don't see them being enticed by futures as the main part of the deal (unrelated to your proposal). Getzlaf and Perry are 26-27, I think they'll be particular about players that fit into places they need improvements at.

I think Cowen would be a big starter...and I don't like it from our side. Cowen's too important.

I don't think we have the right pieces to give up. But I don't doubt we'll be on the phone.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
It would probably take Rundblad +1st to get Ryan. I don't see it happening. The pricetag will be just too high. The stockpile of good, but not really high-end forward prospects the sens have could help if the Ducks are high on someone like Stone.

Stone+Foligno+1st.
The value of Rundblad is considerable but to a team with Fowler and Sbisa he doesn't hold as much value to Anaheim in particular. Cowen's the guy they don't have....and not having a player of that ilk is likely part of the reason they are losing more than they were expected to.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:50 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
yep, some of you are starting to sound like Leafs fans. Trade futures for a quick fix and hopefully playoff hockey right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
and ''hope'' we end up with a player nearly as good as Ryan.

Rundblad+our 1st+Butler would be the most I would offer.

Greening-Spezza-Ryan
Foligno-Regin-Alfie
Filatov-Da Costa-Michalek
Daugavins-Smith-Neil

I ain't even mad
With the first we would certainly hope to get a player like Ryan... but add Rundblad and another asset on top of that like Puempel and it doesn't help the team in the long run. Those three players > Ryan

Old
11-29-2011, 12:50 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Yeah, MOO you're probably right. They probably want a big D to complement Fowler and a 2nd line C.

So from Ottawa the asking price is probably Zibanejad + Cowen and Ottawa can't do that. It weakens the future makeup of the team considerably.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Philadelphia Collins

Ottawa's first should be untouchable given how good this draft is shaping up to be, come on guys Ottawa can't afford Bobby Ryan without giving up on some of their young talent

Old
11-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Yeah, MOO you're probably right. They probably want a big D to complement Fowler and a 2nd line C.

So from Ottawa the asking price is probably Zibanejad + Cowen and Ottawa can't do that. It weakens the future makeup of the team considerably.
I really doubt were in the right position when it's all said and done.

I think it may take a unique situation, where one team just has the right player and are willing to move it. We might have a chance...but if I was the GM in Anaheim what I'd be looking for wouldn't work with Ottawa even though we have some decent value to send the other way...if I was Bob Murray it wouldn't just be about value, I'd be looking for specific fit. So much so, they might not even find the right deal for a while.

Kinda like Heatley for Hossa took a scenario where since Atlanta needed to move Heatley....they needed to find a team with an equally talented young winger they were willing to move. At the time of, we lucked in and we just happened to have that young winger. But Anaheim won't be looking for a perfectly lateral deal like that. This is likely about addressing holes in the roster.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Berserker*

Wasn't there some speculation that Chris Stewart is possibly on the trade block? He would be a good pick up IMO and likely wouldn't cost too much. I am not exactly sure what St Louis needs, but something like Regin + could possibly work.

I would much rather go for a player like Stewart than to try and acquire Bobby Ryan. Sure Ryan would make a significant impact on the team, but there are likely a handful of teams that are already setting themselves up to overpay for Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Savannah Skunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Wasn't there some speculation that Chris Stewart is possibly on the trade block? He would be a good pick up IMO and likely wouldn't cost too much. I am not exactly sure what St Louis needs, but something like Regin + could possibly work.

I would much rather go for a player like Stewart than to try and acquire Bobby Ryan. Sure Ryan would make a significant impact on the team, but there are likely a handful of teams that are already setting themselves up to overpay for Ryan.
Interesting suggestion! I like Stewart, but I'm a bit perplexed as to how his development is progressing. He has almost matched his PIMs from last year in a quarter the time. Moreover, his offensive production has suffered GREATLY. I would be interested, but as your proposal suggests, I worry about what the '+' might be.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:11 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:

St. Louis badly needs 1st line talent. Everybody they develop becomes a 2nd liner. They would trade Stewart, as he's the only player they have with high(er) end talent and certainly not for a downgrade to Regin.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:13 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

I would be very surprised if St Louis wanted to move Stewart since they just got him last yr & gave up a pretty good defenceman to get him. That being said though, he would be a great pickup but I think it would cost a lot more than Regin. Just because he isn`t having a great yr YET doesn`t mean they will give him away. But I certainly hope Murray is on the phone talking & listening.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:25 AM
HSF

unless we are getting a top 2 pick which we more than likely arent i have noe problem giving that 1st for Ryan. Lets be serious Ryan is established young talent and went 2nd overall.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!

Ryan would be an awesome player to land, but come on! We haven't even seen any of our forward prospects come in and we are already a fringe playoff team. Our management and coaching seems to be committed to staying the course, develop what we have and go from there. We'd have to give up one or two great young dmen to get him, and they are the reason for this teams improved play IMO. Nice pipe dream, but we probably have two or three 20-30 goal scores that will help the offense in a year or two.

Old
11-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Slippy

I understand the patience a lot of people are preaching when it cmees to what would be the presumed asking price for Bobby Ryan. I actually appreciate it because it shows everyone is on baord with the rebuild. But I would be careful. Holding on to "probablys" and "likely tos" is great, but nothing beats a proven commodity.

Stone may turn into a top power forward, if everything goes perfect. Zibanejad could be a better all around player. Silfverberg might be a 20-30 goal guy.

Bobby Ryan IS a 24-year-old, three-time 30+ goal scorer.

I'm not saying, the Sens should pay any price to get him, but you don't ignore certainty for possibly.

Old
11-29-2011, 09:45 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

I don't know if Ryan has enough truculence

Stay the course!

Old
11-29-2011, 09:58 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I think Cowen would be a big starter...and I don't like it from our side. Cowen's too important.

I don't think we have the right pieces to give up. But I don't doubt we'll be on the phone.
I think these three sentences perfectly summarize Ottawa and Bobby Ryan.

Closed Thread