HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Roadrunners 1 Americans 1

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 03:19 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Roadrunners 1 Americans 1

First and foremost, I would once again love to express my awe of the arena. It is absolutely incredible, especially compared to what it used to be.

Secondly, I really like what I saw from the Roadrunners as a team. They, like the Oilers are one of the younger teams in their league, and the Americans have a much older squad, and the runners played an excellent game.

Thirdly, the Roadrunners are going to be carried (some games anyways) on the new station Toronto 1 (much like A channel out west, in fact it is owned by the same peope). Plus, the game will be carried by the fan 590 tomorrow http://www.fan590.com.

As for the game today...

Stephen Valiquette had a pretty solid game. Gave up a couple of huge rebounds, and a really soft goal, but he made a couple of key saves.

Tyler Wright was the best Oiler out on the ice, and was on in every single situation.

Chad Hinz was pretty dangerous, but at the same time not, all game long. He skated well, forchecked well, and had some chances, but every chance he got, he seemed to wait a little too long, and probably lost a little quality.

Peter Sarno, took a brutal penalty (bad call by the ref), to put the runners down short-handed for all of overtime. Created lots of chances and was pretty good in his own end, continually back-checking.

Mike Bishai, excellent on the pk, and had some pretty good chances as well.

Doug Lynch was a wall all game long. He must have played about 4 minutes alone in the OT, and almost won it on a great play. He did do one of the dumbest things ever though, on an icing, he had a bout an 8 foot lead, and went the long way around the net for some reason.

Mikko Lumo was alright, a couple of crappy plays at the opposition blueline, but pretty solid in his own end.

Bobby Allen, who is the captain, looked pretty good out there as well, and made some pretty good plays in his own end, especially on the pk.

Jani Rita wasn't very good. He had some chances, but most of them were because of his linemates... he didn't create anything on his own, and didn't show much.

Winchester threw one hit, and took a penalty because of a Pittis dive... he needs to be a little more physical out there, because I honestly have no idea what exactly his game is supposed to be.

That is all I can remember right now... it took me 2 and a half periods to get everyone's numbers right, and I should be a little better later on.

Old
11-01-2003, 03:44 PM
VayaConDios

Was that on Score today? If it was, damnit.

Old
11-01-2003, 03:51 PM
OpinionatedMike

No, the game was not on The Score today, once there is a complete sched of games on The Score released, I'll try and get it to you guys.

Old
11-01-2003, 06:43 PM
igor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
... the Roadrunners are going to be carried (some games anyways) on the new station Toronto 1 (much like A channel out west, in fact it is owned by the same peope).
For anyone with an expressvu dish, that's T-One on channel 224. Or if you go to a pub with satellite ... get them to check that channel if a 'Runners game is on.

Old
11-01-2003, 08:12 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
One thing I forgot to mention that I reall wanted to point out was the defensive play.

Not once all game long, was a player within 15 feet of the net left unguarded. Not every shot needed to be blocked, and they let Valiquette make a lot of easy saves on shots that he could clearly see.

It was textbook defensive zone play, and Ward is doing a great job.

Closed Thread