HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks may trade for marquee d-man

Old
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM
salty justice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
As to who the Hawks could be going after, Gleason makes the most sense to me. Jack Johnson makes no sense seeing as he's not a good defensive Dman.. remember, the Hawks want to bring their GA down..
I'd spooge if we got JMFJ or Gleason without giving up a core player.

Keith - Gleason
Hjalmarsson - JMFJ

Those would be sick pairings, but I highly doubt Johnson is available.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:32 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
First of all, Kruger isn't being moved and is most certainly not the "same story" as Bickell or Stalberg. He's a very promising prospect with alot of room to grow and is currently playing well. Stalberg and Bickell are what they are at this point and only one of them (Stalberg) is currently playing well. Both Bowman's hold Kruger in high regard, he won't be going anywhere until the Hawks have a better grasp of what he could be on this team in the next 2-3 years.

Secondly, the Bolland part has to be a joke.. It wouldn't take Crosby coming back the other way to move Bolland. A generational talent for a very good third line centre? Lets try to keep the ridiculousness down.
The point on Bolland was that he is too valuable to the team to move for anything less than a superstar. As far as Kruger goes, I know you love the guy and I like him, but that's a guy that would definitely interest a team like Nashville for example and while the Bowman's hold him in high regard, if it took Kruger to get Suter or Weber, I have no doubt that Kruger would be playing in Nashville.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:42 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The point on Bolland was that he is too valuable to the team to move for anything less than a superstar. As far as Kruger goes, I know you love the guy and I like him, but that's a guy that would definitely interest a team like Nashville for example and while the Bowman's hold him in high regard, if it took Kruger to get Suter or Weber, I have no doubt that Kruger would be playing in Nashville.
Crosby is not a superstar.. Crosby is a generational talent and the best hockey player in the world. Would you not trade Bolland for Mike Richards, Ryan Kesler or someone of that quality? I surely would.

I'd be fine with trading Kruger for Weber or Suter, the point wasn't whether or not I'd trade him for an elite player, it was the players you mentioned him with. Kruger's value to the Blackhawks is much higher than that of Bickell or Stalberg.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:47 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingAvtsin View Post
I don't see Kaberle being a Marquee D-Man. Maybe Subban ?

How would Subban for Sharp sound ?
No way do the habs make a deal like that....nor do the Hawks.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:47 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Crosby is not a superstar.. Crosby is a generational talent and the best hockey player in the world. Would you not trade Bolland for Mike Richards, Ryan Kesler or someone of that quality? I surely would.

I'd be fine with trading Kruger for Weber or Suter, the point wasn't whether or not I'd trade him for an elite player, it was the players you mentioned him with. Kruger's value to the Blackhawks is much higher than that of Bickell or Stalberg.
Of course it is. My post was in response to the many posts mentioning numerous roster players that could be heading the other way. I named the guys that there is even a chance of being included and in those cases, particularly with a guy like Hjalmarsson or even Kruger, it better be one of the best in the game coming back and they better be a huge part of our package, not just an add on. I wouldn't just throw in Bickell or Stalberg either, they'd have to be held in good standing by the team bringing them in. Neither are guys you trade for a late pick, but yes, Kruger and Hjalmarsson are main pieces you build a package around whereas BB and VS are complements to a package, not center pieces.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:57 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
I'm tired of other teams valuing Dave Bolland as a 3rd line center. Dave Bolland is a 2nd line center that has 2 all-star centers in front of him. P. Kane & Toews

Bolland is better than Derek Roy...

I would like to see Vanek Bolland Pominville I guarantee you that Bolland's numbers would be better than Roy's. You're not getting it Bolland is not a defensive center on your team. He is in Chicago because he has to be.

Your trade is wrong because you do not understand the value of Bolland. Bolland has the same value of a 2nd line center. He was rated in the top 30 centers in the league. Wake up all you guys that think the value of Bolland isn't a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Vanek Bolland Pominville

I don't want Bolland to get traded, but man if he does I hope he goes to Buffalo. It would be nice to see what numbers he could get with 1st line talent. Bolland could put up 70 points in Buffalo.
Until this year Bolland wasn't behind both Kane and Toews. Bolland is good offensively, but he's not as good as Roy.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
coldsteelonice84

Chicago-Nashville

Chicago
Hjalmarsson
Kruger
Bickell or Stalberg
1st round pick

Nashville
Weber or Suter

Last edited by coldsteelonice84: 11-29-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added Bickell or Stalberg
Old
11-29-2011, 11:03 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Nashville needs more coming back, especially for Weber who'll only be an RFA at the end of the year.

As a rental only, I don't think this deal is horrible.. but still not enough, I don't think.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Sevanston

This won't end well.

You're asking for one of the best defensemen in the game for...

An overpaid #4 defenceman
Currently a good 3rd line center (at best)
A late 1st.

Nashville would get way better offers than that from every team in the league if Weber/Suter were really available.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:08 AM
ephmrl
#tanknation

Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Chicago would have to add a lot more to this deal to get either of these guys. Suter is very underrated and probably about as good as Weber, no way you get one of the best D men in the game for a marginal top 4 defenseman, okay prospect and a late first round pick.

ephmrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
MFarrer74
Laich it, Orlov it

Quote:
Chicago
Hjalmarsson
Kruger
Bickell or Stalberg
1st round pick

Nashville
Weber or Suter
Nashville doesn't want spare parts for one of the top D-men in the NHL. All of those players listed for Chicago can be easily replaced.

MFarrer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFarrer74 View Post
Nashville doesn't want spare parts for one of the top D-men in the NHL. All of those players listed for Chicago can be easily replaced.
What would they want though, Parise and Larsson?

Old
11-29-2011, 11:12 AM
ephmrl
#tanknation

Send a message via AIM to ephmrl Send a message via Skype™ to ephmrl
Adding Bickell or Stalberg still won't be nearly enough to get one of them.

ephmrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
ZetterBurger

Yes I think Nashville wants to send Weber or Suter to a cup contender that they will face 6 times a year and in the playoffs...Weber/Suter goes East or to a bad team if anything

Chicago
Hossa, Bolland, Seabrook

Nashville
Weber, Fisher

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
MFarrer74
Laich it, Orlov it

Quote:
What would they want though, Parise and Larsson?
That would probably be the asking price, in which case no deal would occur as NJ would not give up thier players.

I don't think Suter or Weber is moved.

MFarrer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Happyhary9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
They definitely are..but this year those stats are a bit skewed. We gave up a lot of PP goals in mainly 3 games. Ottawa game, where they almost came back from 5-1, Boston blowouts.

After that, Leafs PK has been great and working up from like 70% to ~76.9. Not as good but not so bad in overall numbers, but past 12 games are like 85%.

I can't understand how a team like the Hawks have a bad PK.
Same with the Hawks. They were like number 1/2 in the NHL in PK until the Van game which they gave up 5 pp goals and Keith was hurt for that game. Then through in the blowout to Edm in which they gave up 4 pp goals and that's what happened to the PK. 9 of the 19 ppg allowed by the Hawks came in two games.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Chicago
Hjalmarsson
Kruger
Bickell or Stalberg
1st round pick

Nashville
Weber or Suter
For a rental Suter, the package is...meh. Not really bad, but I would think other teams would beat that. For the RFA Weber, that's really bad.

Last edited by AtlantaWhaler: 11-29-2011 at 11:33 AM.
AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:31 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTintheD View Post
Yes I think Nashville wants to send Weber or Suter to a cup contender that they will face 6 times a year and in the playoffs...Weber/Suter goes East or to a bad team if anything

Chicago
Hossa, Bolland, Seabrook

Nashville
Weber, Fisher
Chicago gets significantly worse.

At the end of the day, I think it's likely one of Weber/Suter will have to be moved and it's just a matter of how much Nashville is able to get for one of them that will be the deciding factor in which of the two is traded.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:32 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTintheD View Post

Chicago
Hossa, Bolland, Seabrook

Nashville
Weber, Fisher
I'd consider this if we could lock down Weber to a 10 year $6M per deal AND Bolland or Hossa were removed from the deal.

Hossa and Bolland are both better than Fisher, who likely wouldn't leave Nashville, and the gap between Seabrook and Weber isn't big enough to warrent giving up both Bolland and Hoss to close it.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:33 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhary9 View Post
Same with the Hawks. They were like number 1/2 in the NHL in PK until the Van game which they gave up 5 pp goals and Keith was hurt for that game. Then through in the blowout to Edm in which they gave up 4 pp goals and that's what happened to the PK. 9 of the 19 ppg allowed by the Hawks came in two games.
They were more like the #15/16 PK in the league prior to those two blowouts.

The Hawks don't give up a whole lot of goals on the PK because they are rarely short handed, but their PK% sucks and is sensitive because of the low number of opportunities.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:35 AM
coldsteelonice84

Sounds like the best thing to do would be to wait until UFA and if Nashville doesn't sign Suter, then we see if he'd like to play close to home for a Cup contender, bring Gary in to help recruit him, the whole nine yards. That way we don't have to compensate our rival.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:49 AM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Sounds like the best thing to do would be to wait until UFA and if Nashville doesn't sign Suter, then we see if he'd like to play close to home for a Cup contender, bring Gary in to help recruit him, the whole nine yards. That way we don't have to compensate our rival.
if that happens will be crazy to see who wins the bidding war between Chi and Det

let alone other teams

det at the moment will have more cap space next July

as for getting a marque dman or a top 3 man could see nothing avaliable (unless they trade one of their top 6 guys) right now

see it more of a trade deadline deal with either prospects or/and picks so they dont take from their active roster.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:53 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
This should be fun...
Yep, good times again..........

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:56 AM
salty justice

Quote:
I have a sneaking suspicion that Nashville will no longer be our rival next year. It makes way too much sense for 28 NHL teams to simply swap Nashville and Winnipeg. It would really only piss off Detroit and to a lesser extent Columbus while not changing the current division format.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Kaberle.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote