HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
If we were to trade for Bobby Ryan it'd have to be in a 3-way deal where Bob Murray doesn't know he's coming to us. He'd be crazy to trade him to his division rivals. It would cost A TON too. But, I'm all for it.

Penner, Martinez, Hickey, and our 1st.
I agree it would cost a ton. That offer is not even close to the definition of a ton though. Try Brown, Voynov, Clifford and a 1st and then likely go up. Anaheim isn't giving this guy up for a salary cap dump, a decent young D-man, a slightly above average prospect and a 1st that won't be top-15 in all likelihood. Especially not to a divisional rival. The cost would likely to to great for us to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
If B Ryan gets traded, he's most likely headed out East. No way the Ducks should risk it with a player who will likely play for another 10 yrs. Which East team has that that kind of D player to trade?

I can see Burke in TOR being all over this since he drafted the guy. 3 team trade involving them?
The Burke connect is good one, as Burke shows a lot of dedication to the guys he likes. If Anaheim needs a D-man, I assume Schenn+ would have to go the other way, with the + being a big one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Also, Bob Murray's job is to get the best return possible for his asset. If his best offer comes from an interdivision opponent, then I don't see how he could turn it down. He's got to do what's best for Anaheim.
He could easily turn it down. There's a reason why interdivisional deals don't happen often and the vast majority that do involve a rebuilding team trading a soon to be UFA. Here's the deals we've done with Anaheim:

Feb. 26, 2008 – Acquired a seventh-round choice in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft (later traded to St. Louis on June 21, 2008) from Anaheim for Jean-Sebastien Aubin.

June 20, 2008 – Acquired a first-round choice in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft (12th overall selection; later traded to Buffalo on June 20, 2008) from Anaheim for two first-round choices in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft (17th and 28th overall).

Sept. 30, 2008 – Acquired Sean O’Donnell from Anaheim for a conditional pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft

The biggest deal we've ever done with them is a salary dump involving Sean O'Donnell.

With San Jose, we've only done one deal ever:

June 21, 2008 –Acquired a fourth-round choice in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft (later traded to Atlanta on June 27, 2009) and a fifth-round choice in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft from San Jose for a fourth-round choice in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

It's business as usual with rivals. Look at the Rnagers and Islanders, Montreal and Toronto, they just don't trade much and the few times they do it is often for UFA's to be. You don't want a former player to end up on a team who is a major opponent in your fanbases eyes and preceed to light it up. That goes quadruple for a guy like Bobby Ryan, who could be a 40 goal guy for the next decade.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
LMAO. Don't try and turn this into some silly mancrush on my part. I was a big fan of Simmonds, but we got Richards. I've been a HUGE Richards supporter since he was in Kitchener. I'd do that trade everyday of the week, even without the benefit of hindsight. If there is anyone I'd mancrush about, it'd be Richards.

It would be stupid of Philly to trade Simmonds back, I agree, but LA taking him back wouldn't be a silly move. The guy had three solid seasons in LA and clearly fit well into the system TM uses. As well, as you pointed out, he's 23. Let's see, get a 23 year old who can post 15 goals, 30 points on the third line and not only fits into your coaches system, but has played in it for three years. Yeah, that's sure stupid of us to get someone like that in, especially with our 3rd and 4th lines playing so lights out like they have.

Simmonds would fit well in here again and we gave him up solely to get a better player. That's it. It seems clear you're not a Simmonds fan, and that's fine, but don't act like he'd be a square peg in a round hole here if he came back.
I loved Simmonds. But at the same time I see what he is. And he is your average run of the mill third liner. He is having a rough season in Philly and he really had a bad 2nd half of last year with the team and didn't look at all motivated or intense. He may fit this system of Murray but it still seems completely ridiculous to get into a re-hash of a trade we JUST made.

I mean, why would we trade Simmonds in the first place if he is as valuable as you make him out to be? You don't think we could have inserted ANY other player from the roster to satisfy Philly? You don't think it would be incredibly silly to give up another prospect or roster player or both to get back a guy we just traded to that team?

Old
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I mean, why would we trade Simmonds in the first place if he is as valuable as you make him out to be? You don't think we could have inserted ANY other player from the roster to satisfy Philly? You don't think it would be incredibly silly to give up another prospect or roster player or both to get back a guy we just traded to that team?
We traded him to get Mike Richards. Whether or not LA wanted to keep Simmonds, you get a chance to get Richards, you don't squabble over Simmonds in the deal.

And I don't know if we could have inserted anyone else in the deal. I wasn't part of the negotiations, neither were you. Philly didn't want to much salary back but likely insisted on getting a roster player back that had some value. Really who is there around Simmonds salary or less that could have the same impact or great than Simmonds? Dustin Brown is about it, and I'm sure the Kings said **** no to trading him.

Why is it automatically silly to be willing to take a guy back that we traded? It's not like we dealt him for a pick just to get rid of him, we traded him to get a much better player. That does not mean we didn't want Simmonds or that he had little or no value to the Kings. You have to give to get and the Kings got Richards. They gave Simmonds but that doesn't mean they didn't want him on the team.

It'd be silly for the Flyers to trade Simmonds IMO, as he is the only visible face of the Richards trade (until Schenn starts playing regularly anyways) but if we got Simmonds back for a draft pick or something, no, it's not stupid. A young guy who can slide right in and play at a decent level, scoring 15 goals and 30 points for a coach he's played for for the last three seasons, that's easily done.

You make it sound like he was dismal here or something. He had a down year last year, it happens. He's still averaged 13 goals and 31 points per season as a King, which are very solid third line numbers.

I'm not even advocating we get him back, simply stating that if he were put out on the block and we could get him for a reasonable cost and would fit into our salary cap structure he'd be a very solid and welcomed fit on this team.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Per Mackenzie

Nodl claimed by Carolina. Really nice pick up for them. Not a lot of depth on that team.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Don't forget that the Kings traded Simmond's rights, he wasn't signed when he was traded. He was a RFA and Philly needed to sign him. He was an unknown cap hit when traded.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Just for fun.

To Kings: Ryan & 4th
To Flyers: JJ & 2nd
To Dux: Schenn & Simmonds

Painful for Kings fans as well as for Simmonds but we do get the best player in Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Duc620

Any interest in A. Semin? (yes, I know its a HobbyBuzz rumor)

Could this team absorb that kind of player at this point?

Old
11-29-2011, 01:03 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
Any interest in A. Semin? (yes, I know its a HobbyBuzz rumor)

Could this team absorb that kind of player at this point?
On two conditions.

A) Penner goes the other way for cap reasons
B) He walks down the Yellow Brick Road and visits the Wizard of Oz so he can get a heart on the way to LA

Old
11-29-2011, 01:13 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
On two conditions.

A) Penner goes the other way for cap reasons
B) He walks down the Yellow Brick Road and visits the Wizard of Oz so he can get a heart on the way to LA
Perfect set of conditions lol

Old
11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Just for fun.

To Kings: Ryan & 4th
To Flyers: JJ & 2nd
To Dux: Schenn & Simmonds

Painful for Kings fans as well as for Simmonds but we do get the best player in Ryan.
JJ would have to go to the Ducks or a Flyers defenseman has to go to the Ducks if you are trying to be secretive. They need defensive help, not offensive.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
11-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Duc620

Iginla?

Although it just seems very weird to think of him in anything but a Flames sweater....

Old
11-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Tadite

I'm not sure how to think about a Ryan trade. It's hard to cut salary and at the same time bring in equal talent. Depends on if the Ducks can get some financing.

With the last two Flyers trades you have top talent for depth. Both Carter and Richards got traded for more reasons then just hockey. With Blues/Avs it's more along the lines of talent for talent in a different position.

I've no idea which situation the Ducks are in. Do they "need" to make a trade or do they want talent in a different position?

Old
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'd imagine the Flames would ask for Toffoli in a trade including Iginla. It could be reminiscent of the trade that brought Iginla to Calgary when he was dealt for an aging Joe Nieuwendyk.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:41 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
JJ would have to go to the Ducks or a Flyers defenseman has to go to the Ducks if you are trying to be secretive. They need defensive help, not offensive.
You do realize that the dux are one of the lowest scoring teams and they end up losing Ryan in this deal right?

In any case, I should have included Penner in the deal.

To Kings: Ryan & Simmonds
To Flyers: JW
To Dux: Penner, Johnson & PHI 2nd

Brown-Kopi-Ryan
Gagne-Richards-Stoll
Richie-Lokti-Simmer

Old
11-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Fishhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'd imagine the Flames would ask for Toffoli in a trade including Iginla. It could be reminiscent of the trade that brought Iginla to Calgary when he was dealt for an aging Joe Nieuwendyk.
Toffoli is the one guy I would hold on to. He had a determination that seemed a level above the other prospects in camp this year, and he's got a wicked shot. I was really impressed with what I saw from him, he's also a very smart player and reads the play very well for someone his age. Definitely something we may regret down the line if that took place.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Toffoli is the one guy I would hold on to. He had a determination that seemed a level above the other prospects in camp this year, and he's got a wicked shot. I was really impressed with what I saw from him, he's also a very smart player and reads the play very well for someone his age. Definitely something we may regret down the line if that took place.
I agree. I had no problem seeing the Kings part with Schenn and Simmonds for Richards seeing how Richards still has a lot of mileage left in his tank and he can be a game changer (just look at how many wins he's had a direct impact on).

Iginla doesn't have many miles left and we don't know how he'll perform outside of Calgary. I too would rather see the Kings keep Toffoli, that is unless they are offered a world class talent, say, Bobby Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Vic Vinegar

Is Tofolli + Johnson too much to pay for Ryan?

Old
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Ducks need a center and a pmd. For Ana to consider trading Ryan to La it would have to start with...

Loktionov + voynov + penner + 1st

Old
11-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think the Kings would be nuts to trade Jack Johnson now. He's outplayed Doughty in my opinion, plus the Kings would create a crater sized hole on defense if they moved Johnson. And no, neither Voynov or Martinez or any other player in the pipeline is going to replace Johnson's minutes.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Ducks aren't going to trade Ryan to any Western Conference team. Why would the Eastern team flip Ryan back to the West anyways? Ryan would probably be the best player in any transaction.

No way was Philly going to trade Richards to an Eastern team, even if they offered more than the Kings.

If you want to look for a blockbuster trade, the Kings have to look East.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Ducks aren't going to trade Ryan to any Western Conference team. Why would the Eastern team flip Ryan back to the West anyways? Ryan would probably be the best player in any transaction.

No way was Philly going to trade Richards to an Eastern team, even if they offered more than the Kings.

If you want to look for a blockbuster trade, the Kings have to look East.
Not if the team in the East needs a defenseman more than a forward...

Like New Jersey....

But ya....your right.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
You do realize that the dux are one of the lowest scoring teams and they end up losing Ryan in this deal right?

In any case, I should have included Penner in the deal.

To Kings: Ryan & Simmonds
To Flyers: JW
To Dux: Penner, Johnson & PHI 2nd

Brown-Kopi-Ryan
Gagne-Richards-Stoll
Richie-Lokti-Simmer

And essentially the Flyers traded Justin Williams for Mike Richards.

Funny joke.

God some of you guys and your trade ideas......

Old
11-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I think the Kings would be nuts to trade Jack Johnson now. He's outplayed Doughty in my opinion, plus the Kings would create a crater sized hole on defense if they moved Johnson. And no, neither Voynov or Martinez or any other player in the pipeline is going to replace Johnson's minutes.
**** it. Doughty for Perry straight up.

Let Voynov and Martinez be men.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:40 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
**** it. Doughty for Perry straight up.

Let Voynov and Martinez be men.

Perry and Richards on the same team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjCa5T9EsKE

Old
11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Perry and Richards on the same team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjCa5T9EsKE
Could you imagine the fear on the other teams faces when these guys are so hateful and amped up they fight each other!?!?!

What do you think they'll do to people on the other team!

Closed Thread