HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andreas Nodl Claimed by Carolina

Old
11-29-2011, 01:12 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Thank god.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I don't really care that we waived him, that he got claimed, or that we got nothing for him. I'm just annoyed that he went before Shelley.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
FTFY

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
ORYX

I'm guessing the Flyers are relatively okay with his being claimed so they can now go out and get another d-man without moving anyone from the Roster?

Hopeing Carolina gives him a bit more of a chance to produce then he was given here. Because they are in the basement they may have a little more patience then seeing what he can do and chemistry he can develop in a little more then 2-3 game sample size.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwood View Post
Obligatory Pavel Datsyuk mention.
Our scouting department isn't that good.

I doubt he'd make it that low in today's NHL, scoutings gotten alot
more robust overseas in general now.

achdumeingute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Midnight Oil

Interesting that Carolina picked him up.

Midnight Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I'm guessing the Flyers are relatively okay with his being claimed so they can now go out and get another d-man without moving anyone from the Roster?

Hopeing Carolina gives him a bit more of a chance to produce then he was given here. Because they are in the basement they may have a little more patience then seeing what he can do and chemistry he can develop in a little more then 2-3 game sample size.
...he spent A LOT of last year playing with Mike Richards centering him. Lets not act like he wasn't given a chance to prove he belonged. Guy is decent enough in a bottom 6 role, but is nothing more.

That being said, the fact that Carolina claimed him (meaning he didn't make it far on the waiver wire) makes me think a low pick could have been had for him if Holmgren had time to really work it. The problem, of course, is that they're concerned about D depth RIGHT NOW.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:21 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I'm not Holmgren's biggest defender, but I'm fairly certain that he explored the trade option before waiving Nödl. I know that quote about "gauging interest" sounds strange though. I'm also quite sure that the teams keep close look at each other, and when we kept playing Rinaldo and Zolnierczyk it was somewhat obvious that a decision needed to be made regarding Nödl sooner or later.

No one was willing to give us a pick for Nödl, and right now we could use a contract spot if we are to work out a trade for a depth dman. Nödl was put on waivers since he was likely to be picked up by someone, if they could get him for free.

It's not the best possible outcome for us perhaps, but it's not something to really be too upset about either.
The thing is, GMs around the league know which teams are up against the cap and which aren't. Unless they desperately want a specific player it's in their best interest to sit back and wait. If he's around when their time comes it's great, if not it isn't a big deal. Anyone trading with Philly, Buffal or anyone else in cap trouble will be looking for a bargain.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:22 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you have no clue what you are talking about. Everyone will probably agree that Nodl is a servicable 4th line player. If you are looking to move a contract you dont dump players for free, Especially if the option is to dress Shelley more often.
I doubt Shelley plays any more than he already does. Nodl wasnt exactly eating up the ice time.
You may think PH is an idiot, but I'm sure if he could have received lunch at chilis for Nodl he would have...better players than Nodl have been waived because if a lack of interest.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
I doubt Shelley plays any more than he already does. Nodl wasnt exactly eating up the ice time.
You may think PH is an idiot, but I'm sure if he could have received lunch at chilis for Nodl he would have...better players than Nodl have been waived because if a lack of interest.
Holmgren's contract and cap management or lack thereof are well documented. I dont care if you can get a 6th or 7th for him.
Now we are going to probably trade a 2nd rounder for Hannan. A player we could of had for a little more then Lilja.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:30 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
...he spent A LOT of last year playing with Mike Richards centering him. Lets not act like he wasn't given a chance to prove he belonged. Guy is decent enough in a bottom 6 role, but is nothing more.

That being said, the fact that Carolina claimed him (meaning he didn't make it far on the waiver wire) makes me think a low pick could have been had for him if Holmgren had time to really work it. The problem, of course, is that they're concerned about D depth RIGHT NOW.
That I was unaware of. I thought it was only a handful of games, not A LOT, but I don't get to catch all the games so that's likely why I thought that.

I'm not acting like he wasn't given a chance, this team doesnt have the time to piss around giving everyone a chance to prove it, they better do it right away or they'll have to wait in the shadows. Carolina is much different, they suck right now. they have all the time in the world.

I don't think he was claimed to step into a bigger role, but when you have high drafted players on waivers, its always in the back of your mind, that maybe they just need a change of scenery, and that would be a bonus.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing who they go out and get for the Back-end. Hopefully someone who isnt just a bottom pairing guy, but someone who can play top 4 minutes with regularity if need be.

A little suprised they wouldnt have just tried to include Nodl in any possible trade to either help even out dollars or to manage the contract limit.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Flyersfan1216

Thank god this guy is gone. He's soft and doesn't score. He's weak along the boards. Doesn't stick up for his team mates. I can't believe some flyer fans are sad to see him go.. Probably some fan boys from europe.. what a joke " noodle" is.

Flyersfan1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:34 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

I think this is the case as well, hadn't Pronger been injured and made us desperate for depth d, we wouldn't have needed to rid ourselves of a contract and Holmgren could have continued looking for someone to give us a low pick for Nödl, or include Nödl in a bigger trade perhaps.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:34 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan1216 View Post
Thank god this guy is gone. He's soft and doesn't score. He's weak along the boards. Doesn't stick up for his team mates. I can't believe some flyer fans are sad to see him go.. Probably some fan boys from europe.. what a joke " noodle" is.
Guess you didnt watch him the last half of the year/playoffs when he was becoming a solid checking line player

Old
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Holmgren's contract and cap management or lack thereof are well documented. I dont care if you can get a 6th or 7th for him.
Now we are going to probably trade a 2nd rounder for Hannan. A player we could of had for a little more then Lilja.
It's pretty obvious they couldn't get that for him.
He got a 3rd for powe. Obviously someone liked him enough to acquire his services.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Flyersfan1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Guess you didnt watch him the last half of the year/playoffs when he was becoming a solid checking line player
A few good stretch of games doesn't make a career. Where has that been this year? He's been passed on the depth chart by Harry Z. Let him go.

Maybe we can get Sestito up here. He does have his 2 game little suspension though. Now that is a 4th line player. Big, Physical, will drop the gloves and can chip in with a goal.

Flyersfan1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:39 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
There are 30 teams in this league. Several of them are really bad and could make good use of Nodl. Something could have been gotten for him. He's not Shelley. Maybe if Homer had actually bothered calling other GMs instead of waiving him to gauge interest he might have realized that.

But please, continue your non-stop, blind defense of everything Homer does.
I'll stop the blind defense when you stop the "I know more than the GM" act.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:43 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

NoGOAL is NoMO.....but Shelley remains like a nagging hemorrhoid ..go figure! Then again he is such a character guy in the locker room! He has to be the most overpaid team clown in the business...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'll stop the blind defense when you stop the "I know more than the GM" act.
The GM said he was waiving him to gauge interest. Many people here knew that someone would be interested. Lo and behold, someone was. This situation truly isn't difficult to predict; quite easy, actually. He gave him away.

Nodl is most certainly worth at least a 6th rounder. He's a proven 4th liner. Judging by Holmgren's own comments about his own actions he has screwed the pooch again.

11-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan1216 View Post
A few good stretch of games doesn't make a career. Where has that been this year? He's been passed on the depth chart by Harry Z. Let him go.

Maybe we can get Sestito up here. He does have his 2 game little suspension though. Now that is a 4th line player. Big, Physical, will drop the gloves and can chip in with a goal.
Clearly he has been injured. And the team's willingness to play shelley is what keeps him out of the line up.

Old
11-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Viller

Awesome! I had been hoping for this moment for a LONG while.

He played well in his first stint as a bottom 6 but when he got promoted to Richie's line last year he started playing like he was a scoring foward and I always had the feeling like he felt he was entitled to that or something this year.

He didn't change his style of play at all this year, he didn't hit or create anything offensively so yeah, no way the guy was a NHLer. He barely could handle passes... Theres hundreds of players that are better at what his role was, so why keep him around?

I have no idea how he stayed in the nhl so long....

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:46 PM

Seriously? Who gives a crap, he's terrible. All effort, no results.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:48 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
The GM said he was waiving him to gauge interest. Many people here knew that someone would be interested. Lo and behold, someone was. This situation truly isn't difficult to predict; quite easy, actually.

Nodl is most certainly worth at least a 6th rounder. He's a proven 4th liner. Judging by Holmgren's own comments about his own actions he has screwed the pooch again.
Once again, just because he was claimed, does not mean someone would have traded for him. And once again you are making claims that you know something that the GM does not. And there are other factors at play. Maybe they are making a trade and didn't have time to shop him. Maybe he called a few GMs and got no interest. Because he said he was doing it to "gauge interest" you act like he did no research or anything at all, without knowing whether he did or not. It's amazing that a little tweet from a local sportswriter can cancel out every other possible scenario.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:54 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Once again, just because he was claimed, does not mean someone would have traded for him. And once again you are making claims that you know something that the GM does not. And there are other factors at play. Maybe they are making a trade and didn't have time to shop him. Maybe he called a few GMs and got no interest. Because he said he was doing it to "gauge interest" you act like he did no research or anything at all, without knowing whether he did or not. It's amazing that a little tweet from a local sportswriter can cancel out every other possible scenario.
It's a fact bro!
The tank of manatees picked the "waive Nodl" ball, so PH had no choice...

Old
11-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Jester

Quote:
He said it in a press conference.

Amazing how little critical and independent thinking is taught in law school these days.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote