HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan (Speculation at this time)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 02:55 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1205
Man I feel bad for Bobby Ryan. Getting spammed to hell by idiots about something he has little control over.

For shame : (

Old
s7ark
TheWorstEver

vCash: 500
Just to add some more fuel to the fire, about an hour ago on the Team 1260(Edmonton) Elliotte Friedman confirmed the Ducks were shopping Ryan and that they'd be looking for a package to increase their depth, likely involving a D-man since the Ducks are thin there. Oh and that he wouldn't be cheap(no brainer there).

My own thought is that there is almost no chance of the Ducks moving him to a team in the west. That has "blow up in your face" written all over it.

Old
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosberry87 View Post
not sure if serious...
Why wouldn't I be serious? Stars don't get traded for stars, they get traded for depth and picks; just look at what Philly did this past offseason, or any of the times Pronger got traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Change Steen to Stewart and Polak to something else and both sides would be happier imo.
Stewart (who is really barely a better player than Alex Steen and is a whopping 20-3-3-6 this season; he might get more points [this year maybe not] but Steen is consistent and plays in all 3 zones)

2nd

I don't know...Cole/Colaiacovo/Huskins?

Old
11-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyladave1971 View Post
The one and only reason is because of burkes obvious relationship with the ducks organization.And everyone knows he is a huge fan of bobby ryan,this is no secret.I am not suprised leaf fans are all over this and neither should anyone else be suprised.I also beleive that if ryan is in fact being shopped,burke will in fact pitch hard for him IMO.
Also let's not forget that Burke has bailed out Murray more than once already as it pertains to Salary. Remember who took Giguere and Lupul off the Ducks' hands?

I don't think Murray wants to move Ryan, but he's being forced to because their top line isn't producing and they need to improve right now without increasing their salary.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Ideally, yeah we'd love Fowler. But Fowler is about as untouchable for Anaheim as Edler is for Vancouver.

A decent RHD that can play Top 4 minutes when needed but is a solid third pairing defenseman is really what we need.

I'm curious to see what Kesler would look like in the Anaheim lineup, could someone lay it out for me? I don't know the Ducks roster combos well enough to speculate.
Thats a good question honestly, with the Koivu-Selanne pairing Carlyle seems unwilling to seperate who knows lol, but it would have to be seperated, or maybe Kesler plays wing? I could Palmieri called up for depth scoring and something like

Hagman-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri-Kesler-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-DSP
Beleskey-Macenaer-Parros

Also, as to Sbisa, I would prefer not to move him, he is our second best defensive prospect, and is basically penciled into the Top 4 for years to come, the next three at a really cheap rate, something a budget team like Anaheim needs.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
Why wouldn't I be serious? Stars don't get traded for stars, they get traded for depth and picks; just look at what Philly did this past offseason, or any of the times Pronger got traded.

Stewart (who is really barely a better player than Alex Steen and is a whopping 20-3-3-6 this season; he might get more points [this year maybe not] but Steen is consistent and plays in all 3 zones)

2nd

Berglund + Stewart or something like Berglund/Stewart + Dags + Prospect/pick is what it would take.

I think Stewart is more attractive to them than Steen, and I'd rather move him too.

Also, the Blues don't really have any "stars" so whoever they include would be depth and picks.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
umwoz

Burmistrov
Byfuglien
2nd Round 2012

Book it.(obviously sarcastic)

Old
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
It would pretty much be a Kessel for Ryan straight up deal for Toronto.
Anaheim would want him back in the deal for sure.
They might want him, but Burke will not trade Kessel in that deal.

The Leafs could offer a sizeable package without Kessel.

Old
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Just to add some more fuel to the fire, about an hour ago on the Team 1260(Edmonton) Elliotte Friedman confirmed the Ducks were shopping Ryan and that they'd be looking for a package to increase their depth, likely involving a D-man since the Ducks are thin there. Oh and that he wouldn't be cheap(no brainer there).

My own thought is that there is almost no chance of the Ducks moving him to a team in the west. That has "blow up in your face" written all over it.
Hmmm now was my offer really that far off! I think not... if anything I do believe this IS slight overpayment by the penguins, but you do have to give to get...

Ducks:

Orpik
Niskanen
Kennedy
1st round pick

Pens:

Ryan

Old
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:

2nd

Stewart's potential is higher than Steen's and we won't be trading Steen anytime soon. If the Ducks are asking for one of our leaders and most consistent players, we will just wait for Stewart and Berglund to get out of their slumps. It's not like Ryan is on fire this season either. If a Berglund or Stewart can't get it done or a deal with prospects not named Tarasenko, I think we pass. We aren't in a position where we have to make a deal, just if the right deal comes along.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Emerald Duck

Quote:

2nd

Pronger's situation was different. He forced a trade from Edmonton, and the Ducks had to move him because he was looking for a retirement contract that the team could not afford.

The Ducks don't have to move Ryan. He won't be moved for the pieces that you've identified from St Louis. If Ryan is truly in play, then there will be a lot better offers coming, including better offers from Blues management if they are serious.

Old
thepuckmonster
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Thats a good question honestly, with the Koivu-Selanne pairing Carlyle seems unwilling to seperate who knows lol, but it would have to be seperated, or maybe Kesler plays wing? I could Palmieri called up for depth scoring and something like

Hagman-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri-Kesler-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-DSP
Beleskey-Macenaer-Parros

Also, as to Sbisa, I would prefer not to move him, he is our second best defensive prospect, and is basically penciled into the Top 4 for years to come, the next three at a really cheap rate, something a budget team like Anaheim needs.
Kesler can play RW pretty well. He is better suited to a centre role though. He's up there in FO percentage.

If not a defenseman, what do you have in terms of grit? I like Parros, but I know he has more value to the Ducks than other teams, but we don't need him to score, we need someone to grind *****es out.

Old
theicebox
#MonixWatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Hmmm now was my offer really that far off! I think not... if anything I do believe this IS slight overpayment by the penguins, but you do have to give to get...

Ducks:

Orpik
Niskanen
Kennedy
1st round pick

Pens:

Ryan
I just can't see the Pens trading Orpik, he is a de-facto Captain in the room alongside Sid. In my opinion, it would have to be Martin, despite having a trade clause/limited trade clause.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoVondran View Post
Berglund + Stewart or something like Berglund/Stewart + Dags + Prospect/pick is what it would take.

I think Stewart is more attractive to them than Steen, and I'd rather move him too.

Also, the Blues don't really have any "stars" so whoever they include would be depth and picks.
I think the Ducks would have to make that Berglund + Stewart trade. I don't know if the Blues would be willing to do that. As for the original proposal, there's no way Anaheim does that.

Edit-after looking at berglunds/stewarts stats thus far, I probably wouldn't make this trade, at least right now.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
Pronger's situation was different. He forced a trade from Edmonton, and the Ducks had to move him because he was looking for a retirement contract that the team could not afford.

The Ducks don't have to move Ryan. He won't be moved for the pieces that you've identified from St Louis. If Ryan is truly in play, then there will be a lot better offers coming, including better offers from Blues management if they are serious.
He said he isn't a Blues fan, so take this thread with a grain of salt. What else would you want on top of Berglund or Stewart? Would you guys have any interest in Schwartz or are you guys more interested in retooling?

Old
11-29-2011, 03:10 PM
ReggieDunlop7

Do the Ducks have any interest in a package of Raymond, Hodgson, Tanev etc from the Canucks?

Old
11-29-2011, 03:10 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicebox View Post
I just can't see the Pens trading Orpik, he is a de-facto Captain in the room alongside Sid. In my opinion, it would have to be Martin, despite having a trade clause/limited trade clause.
Like I said you do have to give to get Orpik is still a top 2 quality defender at a cap friendly hit, which is supposedly what the ducks are looking for, but he is getting on the older-ish side.

Like you said too Martin has a clause which makes him very hard to move and not so sure the ducks are willing to take on that contract.

They would be getting a very good top pairing shut down d-man, and very serviceable top 6 puck mover in Nisk and a 20+ goal scorer in kennedy...

that is 3 roster players PLUS a high 1st rounder.

This is not just your typical "here take my teams junk for your start player" type of HF deal IMHO.

Very fair deal in my opinion that I do believe slightly favors the ducks.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:11 PM
kyladave1971
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Kulemin grabovski name popin out 39 times.

Kulemin is a marginal second line player who has got one good season and until last year was considered a bust.

Grabovski is a speedy second liner with no vision whatsoever.

Quantity does not means quality.

I like Kulemin but his value now is really low with the season he is having plus he just got one good season.
Same amount of points as ryan yet ryan,s value has not dropped a bit. Ryan is so overrated I just want to laugh.3 30 goal seasons and one 70pt season and we have a superstar here.Grabs and kulemin combined for 59 goals and 118 pts,not too bad for a guy with no vision and a borderline 2nd liner on a crappy team.Ryan is on pace for 36 point season,their is no way he gets more in return than carter or richards got.Anaheim is better off keeping him if he is the next crosby right.No GM will gut their team for bobby ryan,he is just not a superstar,sorry.He is a 24 year old 30 goal scorer 70pt player period.I watched anaheim the other night,man do they need defence or what.They need a top 6 forward,top4 defencemen,they are not in rebuild so draft picks are a waste of time unless its from columbus or nyi.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:16 PM
static80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyladave1971 View Post
Same amount of points as ryan yet ryan,s value has not dropped a bit. Ryan is so overrated I just want to laugh.3 30 goal seasons and one 70pt season and we have a superstar here.Grabs and kulemin combined for 59 goals and 118 pts,not too bad for a guy with no vision and a borderline 2nd liner on a crappy team.Ryan is on pace for 36 point season,their is no way he gets more in return than carter or richards got.Anaheim is better off keeping him if he is the next crosby right.No GM will gut their team for bobby ryan,he is just not a superstar,sorry.He is a 24 year old 30 goal scorer 70pt player period.I watched anaheim the other night,man do they need defence or what.They need a top 6 forward,top4 defencemen,they are not in rebuild so draft picks are a waste of time unless its from columbus or nyi.
Your kidding yourself.
Ryan IS a "PROVEN" 30 goal scorer that is "CONSISTENT".
Those terms are the key, he is worth way more than the scraps most Leafs fans are offering.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
BPD

Dubinsky, Anisimov, McIlrath, 2012 1st.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Your kidding yourself.
Those terms are the key, he is worth way more than the scraps most Leafs fans are offering.
Scraps? Kulemin and Grabovski aren't scraps, don't be stupid.

That being said, the package itself is a stupid suggestion since it most likely doesn't fit at all with what the Ducks want back.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Your kidding yourself.
Its okay guys, 24 year old power forwards who are proved over 3 years grow on trees.

Face it, the Leafs need to not make anymore trades. They need to develop what they have before a lot of their pieces can net big returns. The Richards and Carter trades were natch, they aren't going to be the precedent for what a true top liner can get.

To put it in the terms of Kesler, it would be like Vancouver offering Kesler when he was performing at a 3rd liner level with a high ceiling. Anaheim isn't going to bank on potential when Ryan oozes it now anyhow.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Flea90

wow this is surprising. wonder who will pay the price for him

Old
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
Your kidding yourself.
Grabo, Kulemin, MacArthur, Aulie, Kadri, Gunnarrson, and our 1st are all spare parts? These have been KEY players for the Leafs. Ofcourse this isn't what Leafs fans are offering but if you want stats then these guys could be considered more valuable.

MY OFFER:

Grabo
Kulemin/Gunnarson
MacArthur
2nd

For

Bobby Ryan
+ Contracts to even out the 50 limit.

Add lots of forward depth to the team and may seem like a lot to other Leafs fans but it takes a lot to get a lot (Unless your Burke who will probally get Ryan for spare parts).

I think thats reasonable.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:25 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
Scraps? Kulemin and Grabovski aren't scraps, don't be stupid.

That being said, the package itself is a stupid suggestion since it most likely doesn't fit at all with what the Ducks want back.
They aren't scraps but they haven't had the benefit of flourishing because the Leafs haven't been that good up until this year. I really wish you guys would opt on developing your prospects into a role on the team instead of offering them in every trade proposal for every player available.

Ryan is better than Kulemin now, but if you believe that Kulemin can produce like Ryan eventually, why not give him the opportunity to do so on the Leafs.

Closed Thread