HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks shopping Bobby Ryan (Speculation at this time)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 02:26 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Just to add some more fuel to the fire, about an hour ago on the Team 1260(Edmonton) Elliotte Friedman confirmed the Ducks were shopping Ryan and that they'd be looking for a package to increase their depth, likely involving a D-man since the Ducks are thin there. Oh and that he wouldn't be cheap(no brainer there).
Sorry to quote myself but I forgot to add that Friedman also said the Ducks were at their personal cap and any deal would be dollar for dollar or less salary going to the Ducks.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Kesler can play RW pretty well. He is better suited to a centre role though. He's up there in FO percentage.

If not a defenseman, what do you have in terms of grit? I like Parros, but I know he has more value to the Ducks than other teams, but we don't need him to score, we need someone to grind *****es out.
Not much honestly. Brookbank is a solid #6 with a ton of grit, but I dont see why he would interest you as a piece for Kesler. Same deal with Parros, great team guy and decent 4th liner, I would definitely move him if it meant landing Kesler, but again he probably isnt enough. Only other guys on the team with grit are DSP and Beleskey and I doubt either crack your Top 12 thus year.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Hensch

I smell the Rangers all over this one...

Old
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
ObsessedCreative
I hate Dan Bylsma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Sorry to quote myself but I forgot to add that Friedman also said the Ducks were at their personal cap and any deal would be dollar for dollar or less salary going to the Ducks.
to ducks 7.5

to pens 5.1

Hmmm the dollar amount is pretty close is there a 1.5 - 2 mil roster player pref. a bottom pairing d-man that could come bcd top the pens to fill the holes and balance salary?!

Old
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
thepuckmonster
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Not much honestly. Brookbank is a solid #6 with a ton of grit, but I dont see why he would interest you as a piece for Kesler. Same deal with Parros, great team guy and decent 4th liner, I would definitely move him if it meant landing Kesler, but again he probably isnt enough. Only other guys on the team with grit are DSP and Beleskey and I doubt either crack your Top 12 thus year.
This sounds really silly as a Canucks fan, but I'm being realistic. As great as Kesler is, he does have his weaknesses as well. He needs to better utilize his linemates in order to solidify him self in the 'next level'. Playing with a guy like Teemu would probably help that. A lot of Vancouver's frustration is the fact we give him wingers to work with, yet he insists on doing most of the work himself.

Would you consider Brookbank better or worse than Rome? Rome plays a simple defensive game, but isn't suited to eating big minutes. I also see Parros as a significant upgrade on either Weise/Volpatti, so that's why I asked.

Sedin-Sedin-Ryan (this line's potential is terrifying)
Burrows-Hodgson-Higgins (Hodgson's playmaking is like baby Henrik, he can set Burr up well)
Booth-Lapierre-Raymond
Parros-Malhotra-Hansen (grind *****es out)

Old
11-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsJacob8 View Post
Grabo, Kulemin, MacArthur, Aulie, Kadri, Gunnarrson, and our 1st are all spare parts? These have been KEY players for the Leafs. Ofcourse this isn't what Leafs fans are offering but if you want stats then these guys could be considered more valuable.

MY OFFER:

Grabo
Kulemin/Gunnarson
MacArthur
2nd

For

Bobby Ryan
+ Contracts to even out the 50 limit.

Add lots of forward depth to the team and may seem like a lot to other Leafs fans but it takes a lot to get a lot (Unless your Burke who will probally get Ryan for spare parts).

I think thats reasonable.
1 upcoming UFA + 2nd/3rd line LW signed for 3M+ + 2nd line RW or 5th dman + 2nd seems reasonable?

Grabovski will leave as UFA and want big $$$ (We saw how insane FA market was last summer)

Kulemin will be looking for raise and KHL is always risk + He hasn't played as good as he did last year

MacArthur is not playing as good as last year and is a risk that last year was 1 yr wonder

Gunnarsson is above average defender at this time with upside as 2nd pairing guy

2nd = pick between 40-50 likely

See no reason for Ducks to take that offer honestly

Old
11-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

-Flyers have long coveted Bobby Ryan. He grew up in Cherry Hill, NJ (very close to Philly) and his family had/has season tickets to Flyers games.
-Ryan grew up a "huge" Flyers fan.

If Ryan really is available, expect the Flyers to be heavily in this.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
I smell the Rangers all over this one...
I posted this a few pages back, but Larry Brooks says the Rangers have had preliminary talks with the Ducks about Ryan, but that he has no idea how far along the talks went, what is being offered or whether a deal could be completed. He also speculated that Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan were untouchable leading me to believe it's not a likely deal.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post
-Flyers have long coveted Bobby Ryan. He grew up in Cherry Hill, NJ (very close to Philly) and his family had/has season tickets to Flyers games.

Go away. The Flyers have enough studs on offence :*(

Old
11-29-2011, 02:34 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards18 View Post

with what cap space? the ducks don't want salary in return.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:34 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
I posted this a few pages back, but Larry Brooks says the Rangers have had preliminary talks with the Ducks about Ryan, but that he has no idea how far along the talks went, what is being offered or whether a deal could be completed. He also speculated that Ryan McDonagh and Derek Stepan were untouchable leading me to believe it's not a likely deal.
You scared me for a second when I first read "McDonagh".

He better be in the "untouchables" category.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
11-29-2011, 02:36 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

vCash: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
Hartnell & Bobrovsky for Ryan and Emery.

What do you say Ducks?

Friend.. He is from South NJ. Cherry Hill, 15min away from Philly. Basically Philadelphia. Cherry Hill IS HOME! Now, I bet you feel a little stupid.

So like orange is better said, HOLMGREN bring Bobby home!
So...an aging forward...and an underachieving backup?

We've got plenty of those...

Try

Sean Couturier
JVR/Schenn/Voracek
2012 Second round draft pick

Old
11-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
This sounds really silly as a Canucks fan, but I'm being realistic. As great as Kesler is, he does have his weaknesses as well. He needs to better utilize his linemates in order to solidify him self in the 'next level'. Playing with a guy like Teemu would probably help that. A lot of Vancouver's frustration is the fact we give him wingers to work with, yet he insists on doing most of the work himself.

Would you consider Brookbank better or worse than Rome? Rome plays a simple defensive game, but isn't suited to eating big minutes.
That is the exact sentence I would use to describe Brookbank. He will give you 13-15 minutes a night and plays PK fairly well. Will not give you any offense what so ever (has 1 career goal), but is not afraid to drop the gloves with anyone to defend his teammates. Is also only one of two regulars with a + rating. He is great in a bottom pairing role, but not much more.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Felstead
Boss Status

Leaf fans giving up on Kulemin is an EPIC fail... Keep him.

Ducks don't want Grabo, F/A after this year.... Forget about it.

Instead of offering up our whole roster, people should take things into perspective. I see Big Joe being a huge part for the leafs and personally I don't see burke parting with him. I use to be a huge supporter of Kadri, still am. But he would be a must in the deal.

If I had to say, Kadri+Schenn+Blacker and a first would(not a good idea) get the deal done. Schenn(a now defensemen, would fit perfect with fowler) You got blacker as a great prospect that is improving fast and should be up in the NHL soon. And Kadri, whom many say is hit or miss, I still think their is lots of potential to be had with this kid.

This has to be what Bob Murray would be thinking. Just my say.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:37 PM
NiL8r87

Aulie
Franson
Kadri
3rd

Probably the most I'd be willing to pay. If they want to shore up their back-end, Franson is a solid offensive player who can help now, Aulie could probably step in as well, or maybe next year and bring a defensive presence, Kadri is obviously a high-upside forward, one of the higher rated prospects in the league right now, and a pick. I don't think it'll get much better than that unless the Ducks want a bigger contributor back with a higher salary, then maybe you replace one of those players with Grabovski and the dollars should roughly match.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
As a Flyers fan, I have come to the conclusion that nothing is impossible (good or bad) for Paul Holmgren lol.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:38 PM
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

Try

Sean Couturier
JVR/Schenn/Voracek
Plus, if they trade JvR, it will make Philly look like the biggest dicks ever. Stop signing your players to extensions only to trade them.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

If Holmgren wants Ryan he'll make space, Even if it cripples us in the process. Homer loves shiny new toys.

Old
11-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Trade Proposal

Part of a 2-part trade proposal

(Salaries)

To ANH: Patrik Berglund ($2.1M), Matt D'Agostini ($1.5M), 2nd, Jori Lethra (look up his KHL stats)
To STL: Bobby Ryan ($5,562,500)

or

To ANH: David Krejci ($4M), Matt D'Agostini ($1.5M), 4th
To STL: Bobby Ryan ($5,562,500)

Old
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
1 upcoming UFA + 2nd/3rd line LW signed for 3M+ + 2nd line RW or 5th dman + 2nd seems reasonable?

Grabovski will leave as UFA and want big $$$ (We saw how insane FA market was last summer)

Kulemin will be looking for raise and KHL is always risk + He hasn't played as good as he did last year

MacArthur is not playing as good as last year and is a risk that last year was 1 yr wonder

Gunnarsson is above average defender at this time with upside as 2nd pairing guy

2nd = pick between 40-50 likely

See no reason for Ducks to take that offer honestly

TBH I think your low balling every single player I put in that offer.

Yes Grabo does have the chance of leaving but he seems like the kind of guy that wouldn't be like that. How about a signed Grabovski instead?

Kulemin won't be leaving for the KHL and honestly I can't believe you said that. Theres been no thought of that happening at all. Possiblity yes, but likely no. Plus his raise won't be too big. Also hes snake bitten and has been getting the chances.

MacArthur is a better goal scorer than last year and has not really dropped off at all. Hes playing with a playmaker which does benfit his scoring though.

IMO, Gunnarson is a very solid player. Nothing to add here.

Maybe instead the offer should be:

Grabo
2 of: Mac/Kulemin/Gunnarson
1st round pick (If Grabo is traded as an UFA at the end of the year)
Condition 2nd (If Grabo doesn't resign/ he isn't signed before traded)

For:

Bobby Ryan
+whatever elses is needed (Cap dump/ contracts)

I guess you did make me change my offer.

Old
thepuckmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
That is the exact sentence I would use to describe Brookbank. He will give you 13-15 minutes a night and plays PK fairly well. Will not give you any offense what so ever (has 1 career goal), but is not afraid to drop the gloves with anyone to defend his teammates. Is also only one of two regulars with a + rating. He is great in a bottom pairing role, but not much more.
To VAN:

LW Bobby Ryan
D Sheldon Brookbank
2013 3rd rounder (that we wanted back)

To ANA:

C Ryan Kesler
2012 4th rounder

Does that sound fair? Am I far off?

Old
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

Try

Sean Couturier
JVR/Schenn/Voracek
Not to mention Emery isnt even on the Ducks anymore to trade lol.

But yeah they start with JVR and go from there.

Old
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post40143485

Closed Thread