Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible 2012-13 Lines

Old
11-29-2011, 12:58 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
We already have Mikko, Okposo IMO wouldn't add much. Just my opinion.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
ToBBa

Wild's next season's PP looks great. It's already good but when you add Granlund there it's just amazing Granlund, Heatley, Koivu... Sounds amazing but you should still get someone to the blueline?

ToBBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Wild48
Our Savior

Is anyone else starting to think the Wild shouldn't target Parise?

I'm beginning to think I'd rather see Weber or Suter. The Wild have a lot of options to fill 2-6 on the blue line, but I just don't see a true #1 defenseman on this roster (maybe Scandella)

Suter is more likely since he's a UFA, but Weber may be difficult for the Preds to sign.

The Wild can fill out a pretty strong top 6 set of forwards if Gui ever gets healthy.

Granlund-Koivu-Heatley
Bouchard-Cullen-Gui
Clutter-Brodz-Seto
Johnson- ? - Powe/Gillies

Weber/Suter - Scandella
Shultz - Zids
Spurgeon/Stoner/Falk/Prosser to fill out the final pairing.

I'd like to see the Wild seek out a vet center. My quick glance at potential free agents didn't reveal many, so perhaps they'd have to identify someone in a trade. I don't like the idea of handing Granlund top line minutes, but I really wanna see what he could do with Koivu and Heatley.

Wild48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post

I'm beginning to think I'd rather see Weber or Suter. The Wild have a lot of options to fill 2-6 on the blue line, but I just don't see a true #1 defenseman on this roster (maybe Scandella)

Suter is more likely since he's a UFA, but Weber may be difficult for the Preds to sign.

The Wild can fill out a pretty strong top 6 set of forwards if Gui ever gets healthy.

Granlund-Koivu-Heatley
Bouchard-Cullen-Gui
Clutter-Brodz-Seto

Weber/Suter - Scandella
Shultz - Zids

I'd like to see the Wild seek out a vet center. My quick glance at potential free agents didn't reveal many, so perhaps they'd have to identify someone in a trade. I don't like the idea of handing Granlund top line minutes, but I really wanna see what he could do with Koivu and Heatley.
No they shouldn't we def need a defenseman over a forward atm.
No
We got cullen as a vet center and he's doing ok this season

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Wild48
Our Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawnisen View Post
No they shouldn't we def need a defenseman over a forward atm.
No
We got cullen as a vet center and he's doing ok this season
The Wild are going to have significant cap room, so they could reasonably get both and I'm not talking about a top 6 forward. I'm talking about someone similar to John Madden to fill out the bottom line. A cheap veteran center focused on defense. I don't see Wellman or any of the other wild prospects being a good fit for the final line.

Wild48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:01 PM
mnwildgophers

Quote:
The Wild are going to have significant cap room, so they could reasonably get both and I'm not talking about a top 6 forward. I'm talking about someone similar to John Madden to fill out the bottom line. A cheap veteran center focused on defense. I don't see Wellman or any of the other wild prospects being a good fit for the final line.
Almond, McIntyre, MacMillan (does he play C?) are all options from Houston.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
I was halfway through this before I realized this could go in either this season's thread or in this one, but whatever. Going ahead:

Bouchard + Zidlicky + Phillips/Haula to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan

Anaheim needs depth. Bouchard is a good player on the second line and provides some creative scoring depth. Anaheim's blue line is also suffering the depth problem, and Zidlicky could help out when he returns. I was going to also add Falk, but they only have room to add one more contract compared to what they lose(2 for 1, 3 for 2, etc). Phillips/Haula sweetens the deal on a potential top line player they lose in Ryan. Etem should make the jump for them next season, and plus they have a ton of other talent coming up soon, as seen here.

Bobby provides offense for the here and now and will really come in to effect next season when FBJ comes over and brings forward the future. We'd have no need of Parise(and his bloated as all hell potential contract of 7.5million +. He hasn't looked like a player deserving that, so far this season), and the cap space created/saved carrying over allows us to nab the one and only Ryan Suter via UFA.

Granlund - Koivu - Ryan
Latendresse - Cullen - Heatley
Clutterbuck - Brodziak - Setoguchi
Johnson - Powe - Gillies

Suter - Scandella
Spurgeon - Schultz
Lundin - Stoner

Backs
Hards

If we had that team, no homer, we'd be potential cup contenders, maybe even an early favorite among the league. Seriously, that line up looks amazing and on paper dominates 80% of the league, in my opinion.

And I'm going to reuse the same picture I used the last time I went on a mini rant:

FUBAR McDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:43 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:

Granlund-Koivu-Heatley
Bouchard-Cullen-Gui
Clutter-Brodz-Seto

Weber/Suter - Scandella
Shultz - Zids

A good team would go after both Parise and Suter while cutting our fat.

-Zidlicky has to go. That would be 4 million/year to Suter's salary.

-Cullen or Bouchard should go to make room for Granlund. That's at least another ~$1.7 million/year.

-The Wild should only keep one of Latendresse or Clutterbuck, because Parise in the top-6 would push them both down to the 3rd line. That's at least another $0.8 million/year.

Those moves, while difficult to pull off, would give the team $6.5-7.5 million/year in cap space. That would cover Suter right there. Ideally you would get picks back for all those players, but in likelihood, you would package a valuable asset like Clutterbuck/Lats with a less than valuable asset Zidlicky, take back some salary that you can send to Houston.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
A good team would go after both Parise and Suter while cutting our fat.

-Zidlicky has to go. That would be 4 million/year to Suter's salary.

-Cullen or Bouchard should go to make room for Granlund. That's at least another ~$1.7 million/year.

-The Wild should only keep one of Latendresse or Clutterbuck, because Parise in the top-6 would push them both down to the 3rd line. That's at least another $0.8 million/year.

Those moves, while difficult to pull off, would give the team $6.5-7.5 million/year in cap space. That would cover Suter right there. Ideally you would get picks back for all those players, but in likelihood, you would package a valuable asset like Clutterbuck/Lats with a less than valuable asset Zidlicky, take back some salary that you can send to Houston.
I would guess that if one of either Gui or Butch had to go, it's Gui. Butch still has another year on his contract while this is Gui's last. Aside from Butch's concussion, he hasn't had much for injuries while Lats clearly has. It's going to be very interesting to see what GMCF does this off-season. A lot of it is going to depend on how the team does this year. Guys on the last year of their deals include Lats, Harding, Brodz, Zanon, Lundin, Sawdust, and Nick Johnson. He's got a lot of decisions to make and with a large cap space to work with, I would hope that he goes after at least 1 top player like a Parise or a Suter. I'd like to see a defensemen landed before a forward though.

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I just keep wondering what GMCF is going to do with the Cullen/Brodziak situation. I'd like to see Brodz stay as it seems he keeps getting better and better but is there room on this team for both of them? To me I think it's actually Cullen who is the odd man out, not Brodziak. Most likely, Cullen will get pushed down to the 3rd line but that line is much more suited for a guy like Brodz. If he keeps playing the way he is now, I see no reason to let Brodziak go regardless of what kind of room we have on this team. Then again Cullen is playing well too although he's cooled off a bit as of late.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:34 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Parise is mentioned often because if he were to reach the market, having ties to the area might have some sort of factor upon the Wild being a viable player in his services. Most teams that would go after him are going to be around similar contracts. Coming home to a team that may be on their way up may push the scales in the Wild's favor. Who knows, but for a player of his quality you stay in the mix and make a competitive offer.

Forward prospects can always be moved for higher end defensive players if needed. And truth be told, I'd prefer that route to going out and giving a large contract to a player who's original team couldn't hang to him/let him go. Obviously, a trade is not an option I'd personally wish to pursue right now but perhaps a year or two down the road depending on how things shake out.

I see the Wild as an absolute non-factor for Suter. Yes, it's absolutely a greater need but if he were to test the market, they'll be even more teams in line to potentially bring him on. Can't see the Wild winning out in that sort of battle without getting downright silly with any possible contract with him. He's not that great of a player (in my opinion) that you throw monopoly money at.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Parise is mentioned often because if he were to reach the market, having ties to the area might have some sort of factor upon the Wild being a viable player in his services. Most teams that would go after him are going to be around similar contracts. Coming home to a team that may be on their way up may push the scales in the Wild's favor. Who knows, but for a player of his quality you stay in the mix and make a competitive offer.

Forward prospects can always be moved for higher end defensive players if needed. And truth be told, I'd prefer that route to going out and giving a large contract to a player who's original team couldn't hang to him/let him go. Obviously, a trade is not an option I'd personally wish to pursue right now but perhaps a year or two down the road depending on how things shake out.

I see the Wild as an absolute non-factor for Suter. Yes, it's absolutely a greater need but if he were to test the market, they'll be even more teams in line to potentially bring him on. Can't see the Wild winning out in that sort of battle without getting downright silly with any possible contract with him. He's not that great of a player (in my opinion) that you throw monopoly money at.
No matter what I still think this team needs to add at least 1 top pairing d-man this off-season. How it gets done I don't know. I'm missing Burnsie's presence more than I thought I would. Every team has at least 1 offensive threat from the blue line regardless of how good or bad the team is. I hope we can ship Zids somewhere else and bring in a more capable d-man in that category.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:31 PM
grN1g

i honestly dont think suter is gonna test market, i get the feeling he really enjoys nashville, and not to mention hes stated that publicly.

Weber, idk about tho. he seems to want the $$ but is he a FA this offseason, or still a RFA?

grN1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:33 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Still a RFA.

I get that sense with Suter from what you read as well. I think they'll trade Weber in the offseason at the draft once they lock up Suter.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:35 PM
grN1g

ya thats probably more likely to happen, or they just lock up both of them.

would we even have the assests to aquire him without giving up granlund? i just dont see it working with other teams having better assests to work with.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:37 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Hell, I'd probably trade Granlund + for Weber if they knew they could get a contract worked out...

Old
11-29-2011, 07:40 PM
grN1g

ehh, if granlund really is gonna be that good i think keeping him and going hard for the cup is the better route to go.

weber is a fantastic player for what he brings, not to mention leadership qualites, but what this team needs for yeo's system is players that have high IQ and quality first passes. you can find other and cheaper options for players that are physical and have a bomb of a shot without giving up ur best drafted player since gabby/mikko.

id be all for a solid package for weber that didn't include granlund tho. same goes for Ryan if he really is on the block.

Bouchard + brodin + Phillips + 1st/2nd

50-70 pt winger, quality close to ready dman, and a performing offensive center + picks for weber. i'd say thats a preety quality package for 1 player that may not even want out of nashville. depends on how they view bouchard tho.

so if that were the case. and lets say we got rid of zanon/zid/lats/stoner and somehow signed parise(***** and giggles)

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Granlund - Cullen - Setoguchi
Johnsons - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Gillies - Powe - ?

Scandella - Weber (nice big n physical top paring)
Schultz - Lundin
Falk - Spurgeron

Last edited by grN1g: 11-29-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old
11-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

With all the talk about the possibility of getting a Parise or a Suter I think I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. If the top 2 lines can pick up the offense and finish the season strong I don't really see GMCF going after a big name forward. Koivu, Heater, Seto, and Butch are all mainstays for those top 2 lines but Lats and Cullen are up in the air. Assuming Granlund signs and makes the team you can pencil him in on the 2nd line with one spot left. Does Lats get re-signed to play wing on that line? If he does where does that leave Cullen? Cullen on the 3rd line? If that happens what happens to Brodziak? There's so many ifs and possibilities I'm not going to make any real assumptions about next year's lines.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
grN1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
With all the talk about the possibility of getting a Parise or a Suter I think I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. If the top 2 lines can pick up the offense and finish the season strong I don't really see GMCF going after a big name forward. Koivu, Heater, Seto, and Butch are all mainstays for those top 2 lines but Lats and Cullen are up in the air. Assuming Granlund signs and makes the team you can pencil him in on the 2nd line with one spot left. Does Lats get re-signed to play wing on that line? If he does where does that leave Cullen? Cullen on the 3rd line? If that happens what happens to Brodziak? There's so many ifs and possibilities I'm not going to make any real assumptions about next year's lines.

i think its safe to assume that unless some team is REALLY interested in cullen hes not being traded.

plus you do have to consider the respect of gm to player. it seems to me that cullen is very happy finally being at home, and not having to travel alot. IMO if that were me, id be preety sad to have to leave and move my family again... especially from a state where most of my family is.

i just get the feeling that GMCF has alot of respect for vets like cullen and will at the very least honor his contract until it runs out.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:57 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I honestly don't expect Brodziak back. Making too strong of a case for himself to the point where I think he'll be pressed to test the market.

As I said before, the team is a non-factor for Suter and outside of the need I'm not so sure why people keep mentioning him. As for Parise, if he's available, you make a competitive offer and if he wants to play here you find room. That simple. If not, stay the course.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:01 PM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
ehh, if granlund really is gonna be that good i think keeping him and going hard for the cup is the better route to go.

weber is a fantastic player for what he brings, not to mention leadership qualites, but what this team needs for yeo's system is players that have high IQ and quality first passes. you can find other and cheaper options for players that are physical and have a bomb of a shot without giving up ur best drafted player since gabby/mikko.

id be all for a solid package for weber that didn't include granlund tho. same goes for Ryan if he really is on the block.

50-70 pt winger, quality close to ready dman, and a performing offensive center + picks for weber. i'd say thats a preety quality package for 1 player that may not even want out of nashville. depends on how they view bouchard tho.

so if that were the case. and lets say we got rid of zanon/zid/lats/stoner and somehow signed parise(***** and giggles)

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Gillies - Powe - ?

Schultz - Lundin
Falk - Spurgeron
Yeah I can't see the Wild doing that package for Weber. It is pretty much the Burns Trade (albeit for a better Dman, hence the added prospect), in reverse. I really don't want them to trade 2 (pretty much 3) very young, promising players, for 1 great player now.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
Yeah I can't see the Wild doing that package for Weber. It is pretty much the Burns Trade (albeit for a better Dman, hence the added prospect), in reverse. I really don't want them to trade 2 (pretty much 3) very young, promising players, for 1 great player now.
Agreed. GMCF isn't the type of guy to trade away promising young prospects. We've seen what trades like that turn into. If he does trade prospects I think it will be forward prospects as it doesn't look like there's going to be room for all the likes of Zucker, Phillips, Coyle and Wellman on this team in the near future. If there's one guy I hope he doesn't re-sign it's Sawdust. He's on the last year of his contract and he's not exactly looking like he should be getting an extension. I'd much rather have Gillies over Sawdust.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Bullrun

seto on the third line? wtf

might as well play him at short stop for the twins...

seto is a top 6, young, scoring forward....this is a kid who should get more minutes than he is even getting now imo...

Bullrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post

Parise - Koivu - Heatley
Gillies - Powe - ?

Schultz - Lundin
Falk - Spurgeron
Scandella isn't a top pairing D on a decent blueline, and we're going to need a decent blueline if we ever want to see our offensive threats produce offense. Weber isn't going to cut it if he's the only consistently good defenseman we have--we'll find ourselves in the same place we are now. Not saying the results are bad at all, but they are unexpected and they do rely on our offense playing a more defensive game than anyone wants to see. I'm sure Fletcher (and Yeo) want to free up our offense.

i love how you say what Yeo's system needs is players with high hockey IQ and can make a good first pass then offer up Brodin, who was better in camp as a 17 (?) year old than Scandella. I said then it was weighted in favor of Brodin because the play wasn't physical, but he outplayed Scandella by a fair margin.

I'd give him up for Weber of course, but not along with Bouchard, Phillips (underrated here) and a 1st or second. That's nuts.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Caior89

vCash: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
I dont see Granlund jumping in the NHL as a center in his first year, he probably start as a winger and then as he gets experience maybe he move to center.

Now, a line of Heatley-Cullen-Granlund line, with Granlund feeding Heatley's one-timers would be nice, but.. since Heatley dont look the shooting machine he was before this is a very big IF.

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote