HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Zibanejad: The kid came back

Old
11-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

vCash: 50
Zibanejad: The kid came back

IIHF article

Nice read. Some interesting quotes from Mika.

“Having said that, it’ll be good for me to play another season in Sweden. It’s nice to be at home and practise and work on my game to, simply, get better. Now I know that I’ll be here all season so I can focus on Djurgården,”

“I’d like to contribute a little more, considering that the coaches seem to believe in me and give me both penalty kill and power play minutes, but I’m also still a junior player, and everybody on a team is responsible for the team’s success,

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:53 AM
salomonster

vCash: 500
Positive all around.

This kids' going to be a monster in a Sens uni in a few years.

salomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:32 PM
HappyDude
Classless

No he's not, he sucks, just another mike fisher. I'm so dissapointed

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
I'm guessing you're kidding around. But anyone who's avatar says, I support Brian Lee, has to be questioned.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
bdp

Looks like he got an assist today. Now 4 pts in 9 games.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Minister of Offence

Noticed they him in that left half wall position for his one timer in the highlights. Looks like they are giving him an opportunity to produce.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up with a 0.50-0.60...for a kid with his tools, that's a very promising season.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
I'm guessing you're kidding around. But anyone who's avatar says, I support Brian Lee, has to be questioned.
How can you not support Brian Lee? that's what i want to know.
he does everything well. great skater, great passer, good size, above average hockey IQ, all allows him the ability to be a very good puck mover, while not a hammer he plays physical.
No much offence but who cares.

I cant wait until Kuba is moved so Lee can get in full time and remind everyone why he was probably our best d man last 40 games of last year.
is he a #1 or #2? no obviously not, but when he gets in and plays a bunch of games its clear he's a top 4 D.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:29 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
he does everything well. great skater, great passer, good size, above average hockey IQ, all allows him the ability to be a very good puck mover, while not a hammer he plays physical.

I cant wait until Kuba is moved so Lee can get in full time and remind everyone why he was probably our best d man last 40 games of last year.
is he a #1 or #2? no obviously not, but when he gets in and plays a bunch of games its clear he's a top 4 D.
He's an average skater, an average passer, has below average hockey IQ, a well below average shot and a non existent offensive game. He's a 3rd pairing d-man.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:

This will probably swerve the whole thread but I don't really support Brian Lee, and I would actually rather keep Kuba than Lee, and think (just a pure gut speculation feeling) that Lee will be dealt before Kuba. Lee is an NHL player, but I see him as a 5th-6th guy who does everything average, but nothing well, and has a pee-wee shot.

And If im looking at 5-6 guys on D, I would actually take someone like a Carkner or a Sutton (a younger Sutton when he was actually on Ottawa) over someone like Brian Lee at that spot.

Obviously you see more in him than I do, which is fine, but I don't think he will amount to what you think he will, and we'll see what will happen 3-4 years down the road.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KT7

WC, I usually agree with most of your posts, but I hope that Lee post was sarcasm.

Lee is going nowhere in this league, for the reasons you stated.

He's not that physical, not that good with the puck, not a terrific skater, and that 50MPH slap shot doesn't strike fear into the heart of anyone.

I'm all for saying someone is a jack-of-all-trades, master of none - but this guy is a jack-of-no-trades.

You need at least one startling quality to be called a consistent top 4 in this league, IMO - and he's not suited for bottom pair.

That being said, hopefully he rounds out and makes me eat my words. Would make me extremely happy.

KT7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon

vCash: 2391
This thread got derailed into a Brian Lee argument in 4 posts.

I like Zibby's attitude. He's taking this all in stride and using it to enhance his development. He wants to be an impact player. He's a team-first guy, wants to contribute in all facets, wants to get better as a player.

11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Brian Lee is a healthy scratch on a .500 team, he will not be a Senator IMO next season. He does some things well but nothing great, he is average at best & a 7th D. I don't see a long career for this guy unfortunately.

I'm looking forward Zibanejad next season & although he could end up in Bingo for some transitional time he should have a very decent career here in Ottawa.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Minister of Offence

http://hockeyligan.se/elitserien-are...47/highlights/

Fisher never had that release. Never had a lot of the things Mika has.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Afro Thunder*

Man he could have had 3 goals there, 1 he gets robbed hard by the goalie, the 2nd its a breakway and he tries to go five hole, and the 3rd was an assist because it didn't go entirely in.

The kid is jinxed.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Man he could have had 3 goals there, 1 he gets robbed hard by the goalie, the 2nd its a breakway and he tries to go five hole, and the 3rd was an assist because it didn't go entirely in.

The kid is jinxed.
He gets a breakaway almost every game.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
http://hockeyligan.se/elitserien-are...47/highlights/

Fisher never had that release. Never had a lot of the things Mika has.
even in the brynas video silfverberg has a nice tip infront for a goal about 20 secs in.

and a nice assist for silfverberg at 1:25

an another silverberg assist at 1:54 what a beast 3 points

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:17 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:

Either a joke post, or you know absolutely nothing about hockey whatsoever.

Kuba has been absolutely miles better than Lee this season. To even compare them loses you any credibility.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
even in the brynas video silfverberg has a nice tip infront for a goal about 20 secs in.

and a nice assist for silfverberg at 1:25

an another silverberg assist at 1:54 what a beast 3 points
4 points.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Either a joke post, or you know absolutely nothing about hockey whatsoever.

Kuba has been absolutely miles better than Lee this season. To even compare them loses you any credibility.
lol, yeah.

Lee's hockey IQ is non-existent. The reason he plays such a basic no frills game is because he knows that's all he can do. Lee's just so underwhelming in all aspects of the game, even if he can fill bottom pairing duty for his career....his inability to do anything very well is going make it hard for him to endear himself to any GM that has him in his future.

He does have his haters that condemn him for every inperfect play he makes (not looking at you)....but this guy may be the ultimate patchhole journeyman defensemen. I think he'll manage some decent longevity in the league if he can handle moving around. He'll find 6-7 Dman work because of how much depth teams need.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:23 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
4 points.
my mistake.

can't wait till both these kids try out next year it's gonna be awesome.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
my mistake.

can't wait till both these kids try out next year it's gonna be awesome.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Manny*

The only thing that bothers me about Zibanejad is that he always seems to shoot low.

Honestly though, this guy is getting multiple scoring chances game after game. Minister Of Offence is right, he's been getting breakaways with regularity. He's got four points in nine games, but that doesn't do justice to how dangerous this kid is.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
The only thing that bothers me about Zibanejad is that he always seems to shoot low.

Honestly though, this guy is getting multiple scoring chances game after game. Minister Of Offence is right, he's been getting breakaways with regularity. He's got four points in nine games, but that doesn't do justice to how dangerous this kid is.
The players that get breakaways at that rate are usually guys like Grabner or Vermette, speed burners that are small. Zibanejad's gonna be anywhere from 6'2-6'3 at around 215-220...to have a prospect that can skate like that, shoot the puck, and play hard....it's rare.

If Zibanejad grew into 6'5 he'd be Sundin. Sundin was drafted at 6'3 200...he turned into 6'5 225. If he grows at all, his prospect status grows with it...but it's already still very promising. The upside of this guy is so underrated in general.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:09 PM
sexytime

I still feel he is going to be ok and nothing spectacular

sexytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:19 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
How can you not support David Rundblad? that's what i want to know.
he does everything well. great skater, great passer, good size, way above average hockey IQ, all allow him the ability to be a very good puck mover, while he also hammer(s) opposing players, very physical.
Produces a lot of offence, but he's no Brian Lee.

I cant wait until Lee is moved so Rundblad can get in full time and remind everyone why he was probably going to be one of our best D.
He is a #1 or #2? Obviously. When he gets in and plays a bunch of games its clear he will dominate.
Fixed... I'm glad we agree.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote