HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
And essentially the Flyers traded Justin Williams for Mike Richards.

Funny joke.

God some of you guys and your trade ideas......
Seriously???

Schenn's no slouch.

Last edited by Black1963: 11-29-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Old
11-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Cook24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
To Devils: Ryan

To Ducks: Henrique, Volchenkov, and their 1st rounder

Devils then trade Ryan to us for...

Bernier, Voynov, and our 1st rounder

God I wish things were this easy...

Old
11-29-2011, 03:57 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Ducks aren't going to trade Ryan to any Western Conference team. Why would the Eastern team flip Ryan back to the West anyways? Ryan would probably be the best player in any transaction.

No way was Philly going to trade Richards to an Eastern team, even if they offered more than the Kings.

If you want to look for a blockbuster trade, the Kings have to look East.
And that's why I'm sure DL is just waiting to pounce on a Parise deal. All the pieces fit together too well for it not to be thoroughly explored. Bernier as the centerpiece of the offer would make a ton of sense too.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Seriously???

Schenn's no slouch.
Ooooh yea that hurt kid who didn't look all that great right?

Old
11-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Cruel11
Classless Kings

Was checking out the Ducks board (eww, I know) and one of the posters is apparently close with Ryan. He's says that he's 110% sure Ryan is on his way out. A lot of teams (20 exact) are making offers for him. No front runners yet. Management already spoke with Ryan, letting him know.

I don't know if this guy is bs-ing, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:45 PM
johnjm22

The Ducks have a good core in place (Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry, Hiller, Fowler, Sbisa). I don't understand why they'd wanna deal away a Ryan.

If they're gonna rebuild, they should start sending away their older players (Visnovsky, Koivu, Beauchemin, Lydman, Foster, Blake, & maybe Teemu) for picks/prospects.

Seems like a coaching would be the best way to shake things up right now instead of moving a core piece.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:53 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
The Ducks have a good core in place (Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry, Hiller, Fowler, Sbisa). I don't understand why they'd wanna deal away a Ryan.

If they're gonna rebuild, they should start sending away their older players (Visnovsky, Koivu, Beauchemin, Lydman, Foster, Blake, & maybe Teemu) for picks/prospects.

Seems like a coaching would be the best way to shake things up right now instead of moving a core piece.
The Ducks have an internal cap, So they might not like how they are paying Ryan the type of money he does get.

So far he is not producing either so that doesn't help. I wouldn't move him, and until it comes out of the GM's mouth. I won't believe all the rumors.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:01 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
The Ducks have an internal cap, So they might not like how they are paying Ryan the type of money he does get.

So far he is not producing either so that doesn't help. I wouldn't move him, and until it comes out of the GM's mouth. I won't believe all the rumors.
Larry Brooks has reported that the Rangers and Ducks have had discussions about Ryan. Larry usually gets the scoop right.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:09 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

Whatever the Ducks reason is they shouldn't trade Ryan at all. Bad idea.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
Whatever the Ducks reason is they shouldn't trade Ryan at all. Bad idea.
I agree

The only way you do it is if you're going to get a Legit Number one D man coming back.
That D man also has to be similar age.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
johnjm22

Landing Ryan may seem far fetched, but he is EXACTLY what we need.

-One of best scorers in the league at even strength
-A winger
-Young
-Locked up to a reasonable contract

DL should certainly be making some phone calls.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:33 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Perry and Richards on the same team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjCa5T9EsKE
is perry a **** or what there is a video where he fights datsyuk and pretty much loses and hits him while they are down and the ref is trying to separate, I guess he only fights guys half his size, what a b###h

Old
11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Richards wasn't going to be traded either. Until he was.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Johnny Utah

Corey Perry is a chump. I remember Avery years back going hard after him to fight him when Perry was a rookie and not understanding why...now, I know.

I respect Getzlaf and of course like Ryan since he is a Team USA guy, but Perry...he just seems like a ****** bag.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Corey Perry is a chump. I remember Avery years back going hard after him to fight him when Perry was a rookie and not understanding why...now, I know.

I respect Getzlaf and of course like Ryan since he is a Team USA guy, but Perry...he just seems like a ****** bag.
Word.

As for the Ryan trade, I'm worried that it would take too much, since there are many teams trying to get him. If the trade happens, one of the players going the other way MUST be Penner or else it just doesn't work for me. I somehow think that Ducks wouldn't be opposed to taking Penner back, they would just ask for more and that is of course fine. First round picks and couple of talents can be offered with Penner as well. Everything else would be overpayment for me.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Johnny Utah

Rumor has it the Ducks want a 2nd line center, a top 4 D-man and prospects or picks.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Yeah, no thanks. That trade is not for us.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Johnny Utah

"According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the team is looking for a second line center, top four defender, a top prospect and a draft pick."

http://nhlhotstove.com/are-these-bob...e-rumors-real/

Kings won't do that...it would cost them guys like Johnson, Voynov, Loktionov, etc.....

Lombardi has traded away Schenn, Simmonds, Teubert and a 1st round pick. We can't go throwing more picks and prospects away especially now when it looks like the only forward prospects who could potentially make the Kings are Toffoli and Loktionov....one in juniors and one in LA.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:14 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
"According to TSNís Bob McKenzie, the team is looking for a second line center, top four defender, a top prospect and a draft pick."

Kings won't do that...it would cost them guys like Johnson, Voynov, Loktionov, etc.....

Lombardi has traded away Schenn, Simmonds, Teubert and a 1st round pick. We can't go throwing more picks and prospects away especially now when it looks like the only forward prospects who could potentially make the Kings are Toffoli and Loktionov....one in juniors and one in LA.
Yup way too expensive, I don't blame the Ducks though. They don't have to trade Ryan. So ask for the Moon you might get it.

That would cost the Kings a package like Stoll, JJ, Loki or Slava + a pick. Way too much for just Bobby Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:25 PM
KingLB

Quote:
"According to TSNís Bob McKenzie, the team is looking for a second line center, top four defender, a top prospect and a draft pick."

Theoretically, if the Kings got Bobby, you are almost at the point of "not needing prospects". You would have basically your whole top6 defined as well as your top4...and even upon losing 1 or 2 the "6th man" of a top 6 can be a plug as long as the rest is top notch.

Also the "demands" are kinda vague as is AMart or VV a top4 Dmen? Could you pawn Stoll as a #2 center ()....I'm not saying either are, but its up for debate. What is a top prospect? We know Schenn was, but the is Loki or VV or Toffoli....all are good to really good prospects, but maybe no top20 in hockey.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

I think it's somewhat implied that they're looking for a 1B type center more than anything else. Guys like Stoll who are UFA's and tweener types will not interest them, the person has to be a clearly better player than Koivu for instance. I'd give one of our prospects not named Voynov up for Ryan in an instant, but the hook is that solid point producer #2 center which we have, but there's no way in hell we'd give him up.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:31 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I think it's somewhat implied that they're looking for a 1B type center more than anything else. Guys like Stoll who are UFA's and tweener types will not interest them. I'd give one of our prospects not named Voynov up for Ryan in an instant, but the hook is that solid point producer #2 center which we have, but there's no way in hell we'd give him up.
Well then B Murray really doesn't wanna trade then, and its just an empty threat or he is an idiot. Bobby has about the value of a 1b...(ie Kesler/Richards) no way you get that plus. Even a lot of "second line centers" I wouldn't add that to. Like Couture, VL, or Staal....

Old
11-29-2011, 08:32 PM
johnjm22

I'd offer Forbort, Loktionov, Penner & a 1st

They probably wouldn't take it, but that's the best we can do with out hurting our current roster.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Well you have to try to get a sucker. Anaheim probably has a problem with the offers received and decided to float out an exorbitant list of demands. Someone may hit on a few of them, but not all of them, and they'll pull the trigger.

The best we could do that they'd probably accept, is if we had a signed tweener center proven as a point producer (but we don't have one), and Johnson. They're able to watch our team every night if they so choose, they've seen all Jack's mistakes, so if they think he was really worth it they'd probably have gone hat in hand to the Kings in the first place. Murray and Lombardi could negotiate in person which makes things easier.

We don't have a shot at pulling off a deal for Ryan. There are teams that can put together a lot better packages because they don't worry about what they're going to lose like Lombardi does, and GM's under pressure just like Murray who will put them together in a pinch. Then there's the Holmgren types who make big deals for fun.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Well then B Murray really doesn't wanna trade then, and its just an empty threat or he is an idiot. Bobby has about the value of a 1b...(ie Kesler/Richards) no way you get that plus. Even a lot of "second line centers" I wouldn't add that to. Like Couture, VL, or Staal....
Absolutely agreed. They will NOT get that. They might get 1B + some kind of a pick. 1B centers are not easy to get in my opinion.

Closed Thread