HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bobby Ryan Being Shopped

Old
11-29-2011, 04:27 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
That makes sense. On the other hand, I think you need to at least think about moving them if a bona fide 1W becomes available--which Ryan is. I would much rather move Schenn + for Ryan--who is under contract for four more years--than a UFA 1D like Suter.
I guess I believe Couts and Schenn can be "1" level players. I'd rather have them be that in 3 years when we need briere/hartnell replacements than logjam our already crowded forward group today.

I don't want Suter for Schenn Couts either. Has to be 22-23 year old chip. We can sign Suter easy enough of we want to if he makes UFA

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:37 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
I guess I believe Couts and Schenn can be "1" level players. I'd rather have them be that in 3 years when we need briere/hartnell replacements than logjam our already crowded forward group today.

I don't want Suter for Schenn Couts either. Has to be 22-23 year old chip. We can sign Suter easy enough of we want to if he makes UFA
Can't believe people are making it seem like we'd be adding another 2nd/3rd line winger. We'd be adding a young superstar, top end talent, someone who can ravage the NHL for years on a line with Giroux and JvR. We'd bring in someone who has the scoring ability of Jagr, with the physical edge of Hartnell (minus the penalties) who is only 24 years old. He wouldn't be adding to the logjam of forwards at all.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Gert B Frobe

Snider, Clarke and Holmgren all love Bobby Ryan. When the day comes that Bobby Ryan is traded - it will be to the Philadelphia Flyers. Which means Holmgren will probably have to over-pay.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:00 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Can't believe people are making it seem like we'd be adding another 2nd/3rd line winger. We'd be adding a young superstar, top end talent, someone who can ravage the NHL for years on a line with Giroux and JvR. We'd bring in someone who has the scoring ability of Jagr, with the physical edge of Hartnell (minus the penalties) who is only 24 years old. He wouldn't be adding to the logjam of forwards at all.
I like Ryan, but in no world does he even come close to the scoring ability of 'Jagr' - nor will he ever.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:04 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
huh?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:06 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
huh?
I think he means at Jagr's current age. Not Jagr in his prime

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
healthyscratch

Can someone answer me as to why Anaheim would even shop him?

And no worries, we always get our man. He'll be 35 and done, but dammit we'll get him!!

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Can someone answer me as to why Anaheim would even shop him?

And no worries, we always get our man. He'll be 35 and done, but dammit we'll get him!!
Anaheim is lacking any secondary scoring right now. Its been a problem for some time but with the big three always producing so much it never really was an issue. Now that the big three arent lighting it on fire they are lacking a ton of offense. They MIGHT want to move him for depth, but they have budget problems as well. Its a difficult situation to be in right now for the Ducks

Old
achdumeingute

Quote:
This has nothing to do with talent an everything to do with roster space and cap room.
Don't want to pay a guy 5 mil per to play 15 mins a game on the 3rd line. We need a d man now, and a young one in the system long term.
Unless ANH is taking briere or hartnell (which I don't see) its not realistic.

Old
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
I like Ryan, but in no world does he even come close to the scoring ability of 'Jagr' - nor will he ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Thank you. He would replace and probably exceed Jagr's output once Jagr leaves the team, whether it be this offseason or whenever.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:16 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
This has nothing to do with talent an everything to do with roster space and cap room.
Don't want to pay a guy 5 mil per to play 15 mins a game on the 3rd line. We need a d man now, and a young one in the system long term.
Unless ANH is taking briere or hartnell (which I don't see) its not realistic.
About as realistic as you believing that Bobby Ryan will be on our 3rd line...

Old
11-29-2011, 05:18 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
The fact that people would pass over an opportunity to get Bobby Ryan is unthinkable. Yes our scoring depth is great...so far. Yes we need defense first. But you don't pass up a player of this caliber, especially since we may his first choice as a trade.

I've been supportive of ALL of these players this season and look forward to their futures, but to be realistic:

-Jagr is 39, might not be back next year
-Hartnell is on fire, we already saw him when he was ineffective this season
-Briere is off to a slow start
-JvR is off to a slow start, and is now injured
-Schenn has proven nothing (yet I still think he will)
-Couturier is buried on the 4th line
-Read, Talbot have exceeded expectations and overachieved
-Voracek is a wild card, and an RFA at the end of the season
-...What if Giroux gets hurt?

Just can't pass up this opportunity to strengthen the team imo.
You pass when the player does not easily fit into your team's structure and needs. I like Ryan a lot, but he does not fill a need on this roster.

You also are not factoring in what it may cost. You don't decimate your roster to get a player that is a luxury.

Short of Holmgren making some sort of ridiculous steal of a trade, it doesnt make sense.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:20 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Anaheim is lacking any secondary scoring right now. Its been a problem for some time but with the big three always producing so much it never really was an issue. Now that the big three arent lighting it on fire they are lacking a ton of offense. They MIGHT want to move him for depth, but they have budget problems as well. Its a difficult situation to be in right now for the Ducks
Cool, thanks for the insight.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Prongo
Beer

Burke was on TSN radio and they asked him about Bobby Ryan and he said something like he can't answer any questions because that would be tampering. But he also didn't say it's just a rumor or anything like that. Could this rumor really have legs? I would absolutely hate the Leafs getting him

Old
11-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
yes but a lot of it was scored against Jets, Jackets. Let's be honest, so far JVR did not work very hard this season. Skating was not there for the most part, same goes for physical play as well as his play without the puck and especially in d-sive zone was a suspect this season. Overall, itís been inconsistent. Very few times he had to work hard for his goals this season.
... he was on pace for a 30-30 season prior to his injury. You'll bank that "inconsistency" every year and be happy.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Burke was on TSN radio and they asked him about Bobby Ryan and he said something like he can't answer any questions because that would be tampering. But he also didn't say it's just a rumor or anything like that. Could this rumor really have legs? I would absolutely hate the Leafs getting him

@D_LEED Dustin Leed
Flyers are currently shopping for a defensemen, not for Bobby Ryan. But like I said. The Flyers have always had a thing for the hometown kid
6 minutes ago

@D_LEED Dustin Leed
Okay... Not shopping for Bobby Ryan from what I've been told, up until last night.
5 minutes ago

Old
11-29-2011, 05:31 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
About as realistic as you believing that Bobby Ryan will be on our 3rd line...
Not necessarily Ryan, but there will be high priced or at the very least young talented guys who get pushed down. Wayne stone hands is still playing first line pp. lavi is odd with lines all the time.

I don't see what ANH wants from us...

Old
11-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Prongo
Beer

Bobby Mac has spoken

http://twitter.com/#!/D_LEED/status/141662458447273985

"Bobby Mac on TSN1050 says ANA looking for a 2C, Top4D and 1st/Prospect in any Bobby Ryan Deal. "

Looks like this rumor is legit

Old
11-29-2011, 05:42 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Not necessarily Ryan, but there will be high priced or at the very least young talented guys who get pushed down. Wayne stone hands is still playing first line pp. lavi is odd with lines all the time.

I don't see what ANH wants from us...
We have the most to offer besides maybe St. Louis. Toronto is back to their "Bozak/Franson, Kadri" ways. I'm not sure what I'd be completely willing to give up for him. I know I wouldnt move Couturier or Giroux, and I've stay away from moving JvR if possible. I'd love to hang onto Schenn and Voracek, but they both seem likely to go, unless they want a defenseman. And like everyone else, I'd like to avoid losing a dman unless there's one coming back.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:45 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
i know what he meant, but Jagr will still outscore bobby ryan right now IMO, and bobby ryan is my favorite hockey player that's not a flyer

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:54 PM
cheesesteak

I offered JVR + Voracek + Carle for Ryan + Sbisa on the main trade rumors board. What do use think? If they're looking for a #2 center though it would probably have to involve Schenn.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:00 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I offered JVR + Voracek + Carle for Ryan + Sbisa on the main trade rumors board. What do use think? If they're looking for a #2 center though it would probably have to involve Schenn.
I'd pass on this deal. Sbisa is nothing special, a marginal improvement over Carle at best. He might be better in the future though. JVR and Voracek combined should be able to match if not surpass Ryan's output. They are around the same age and JvR could wind up being Bobby Ryan's equal. Voracek appears to be mired in the 20-goal area, so trading him is NBD. I don't think the Flyers will make a move for Ryan. He's good, no doubt. But what we'd have to give up would likely be an overpayment.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:15 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

trading JVR would ruin any chance of future long term contracts with Paul Holmgren

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
healthyscratch

*************** Incarcerated Bob
**UPDATED NHL RUMOR**Source: Ducks shopping Ryan all over league (Leafs/Habs/Sabres/Islanders) now Rangers + Flyers jumped in #Posturing
22 minutes ago

Old
11-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
haha...Incarcerated Bob.