HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#21 - 11.29.2011 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:30 PM - MSG, VS. (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
If we win this game we will be in great shape. Everyone said once we start playing top teams are arn't going to win.. But we keep proving doubters wrong! Keep it up NYR! For a first time in a while I am proud to be a NYR!

Canucks- Check
Sharks- Check
Philly- Check
Washington- Check

Old
11-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

What is this I see about Michalek and Letang not suiting up?

Pens Inside Scoop (Posted to twitter 39 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®): #Pens Letang and Michalek returning to Pitt for further evaluation -SK

Old
11-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Nulenar

RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
#Pens update on Letang, Michalek returning to Pittsburgh: trib.me/s52iDl

Letang and Michalek out for tonights game!

Old
11-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 816
No excuse for not scoring some goals tonight. Hopefully Henrik is on his game.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Shot high,hard,often and smart and the king will do the rest..

I say we take this 2-0 with Avery and AA getting the goals..

Lundqvist with 24 saves tonight..

Old
11-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

That team is terrifying at home. On the road, they're very beatable. Similar to us at the moment.

Let's hope that trend continues.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Fataldogg

Time for Dubinsky to hear the boo birds at the garden if he doesn't produce. Can't stand the "it will come" banter. 1 goal in 20 games is unacceptable for a player earning $4.25 million. It's not even a matter of whether or not he is playing bad. It's the fact he hasn't produced. If he was a UFA signing, this guy would be booed out of the building, but since he is a homegrown player who has scored 20-goals for us in the past, the Garden Faithful haven't gotten on top of him.

Sorry, had to vent my frustration.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:17 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Time for Dubinsky to hear the boo birds at the garden if he doesn't produce. Can't stand the "it will come" banter. 1 goal in 20 games is unacceptable for a player earning $4.25 million. It's not even a matter of whether or not he is playing bad. It's the fact he hasn't produced. If he was a UFA signing, this guy would be booed out of the building, but since he is a homegrown player who has scored 20-goals for us in the past, the Garden Faithful haven't gotten on top of him.

Only if you're willing to boo Anisimov and Callahan as well. All three players have almost the same number of points (and Callahan gets a couple more minutes per game than the other two). You want to boo all three? Fine. You want to boo one of the three? It might be time to think about why you're singling one out, because it's kind of hypocritical.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Only if you're willing to boo Anisimov and Callahan as well. All three players have almost the same number of points (and Callahan gets a couple more minutes per game than the other two). You want to boo all three? Fine. You want to boo one of the three? It might be time to think about why you're singling one out, because it's kind of hypocritical.
What? Cally has 8 goals and 14 points. Dubi has ONE GOAL and 10 points.

He needs to start scoring goals. Period.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulenar View Post
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
#Pens update on Letang, Michalek returning to Pittsburgh: trib.me/s52iDl

Letang and Michalek out for tonights game!
Gotta make the most out of that.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Dubinsky has been glaringly worse than the other two.

And 8 goals at this point in the season is perfectly fine for Callahan.

I expect 25-30 goals and 40 - 50 points.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:33 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Gotta get up early tomorrow so I'll miss this one. Just play sound defensivly and go from there.

LGR.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:35 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
What? Cally has 8 goals and 14 points. Dubi has ONE GOAL and 10 points.

He needs to start scoring goals. Period.

Cally is playing better, but not by much. Before that 3 assist game, Cally, Dubi and Anisimov had almost identical point totals. Cally now has a couple more points, which is to be expected of a player averaging 2+ minutes more per game than the other two. Dubi isn't scoring, but he IS contributing (he actually provided the assist on at least half of Callahan's goals). I'm just getting aggravated to see that Dubinsky is apparently getting the Del Zotto treatment this year (singled out by the fanbase for abuse). The ONLY thing Dubinsky isn't doing is scoring (mainly because he isn't shooting). That doesn't come close to deserving the MSG boo-birds. My point is that, if you think that Dubinsky should be getting booed by the home crowd, then you'd best boo the other two as well, since there isn't a lot separating their overall production this season. I don't think any of the three should be getting booed, for the record.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:39 PM
outlaw52
"what i do"

Quote:

dubi has played a great game away from the puck grinding it out hustling like a mad man. making some nice hits...it would be great if he produced some goals but hey we are winning. the team is playing solid at both ends of the ice...why boo dubinsky? just doesnt make much sense right now imo......

Old
11-29-2011, 06:39 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Dubinsky has been glaringly worse than the other two.

And 8 goals at this point in the season is perfectly fine for Callahan.

I expect 25-30 goals and 40 - 50 points.
That's a flat-out lie. All three have had a handful of bad games (about 3-5 each) this season. All three have generally played the high-energy game they are known for. Dubinsky has been singled out because there is a vocal group among the fanbase that has always irrationally hated him (they are the same people who clamored to have him traded two years ago, going on and on about how Heatley could have been a Ranger ).

I want to ask you a question. I want you to stop, think it over, and give an honest answer. If it had been Dubinsky, rather than Callahan, who had gloved the puck into the goal last game, do you think it would have been brushed over or laughed off the way it was? Or do you think it more likely that we would have had a 10+ page thread about how Dubinsky needed to go for such bush league moves? Be honest.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw52 View Post
dubi has played a great game away from the puck grinding it out hustling like a mad man. making some nice hits...it would be great if he produced some goals but hey we are winning. the team is playing solid at both ends of the ice...why boo dubinsky? just doesnt make much sense right now imo......
Because he isn't producing. I don't care how much someone "grinds" or what their work ethic is, if they're getting paid $4.25 million, they need to produce. We are 12-5-3. If Dubinsky could produce at 75% of his production from last year, we could have a few more wins on the board. Our teams success shouldn't mask his ineptitude to score a goal. Fans need to hold him accountable.

Remember the flack Drury, Higgins, etc, got from fans for not scoring goals. Time for the Garden Faithful to give Dubinsky the same treatment.

And I could agree with Anisimov, but making half of what Dubinsky is making, creates lesser expectations for me. When you sign someone to a contract like Dubinsky's results are expected.

And why would we boo Callahan? He has 8 goals and is 3rd on the team in points. Technically, he has 8x the goals of Dubinsky

Old
11-29-2011, 06:46 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

7:30 is confirmed?

Old
11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Rangers still not getting respect around the league.

A solid win here will definitely turn some heads.

LGR!

Old
11-29-2011, 06:51 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Because he isn't producing. I don't care how much someone "grinds" or what their work ethic is, if they're getting paid $4.25 million, they need to produce. We are 12-5-3. If Dubinsky could produce at 75% of his production from last year, we could have a few more wins on the board. Our teams success shouldn't mask his ineptitude to score a goal. Fans need to hold him accountable.

Remember the flack Drury, Higgins, etc, got from fans for not scoring goals. Time for the Garden Faithful to give Dubinsky the same treatment.

And I could agree with Anisimov, but making half of what Dubinsky is making, creates lesser expectations for me. When you sign someone to a contract like Dubinsky's results are expected.

And why would we boo Callahan? He has 8 goals and is 3rd on the team in points. Technically, he has 8x the goals of Dubinsky

Callahan is on pace for ~56 points. Dubinsky is on pace ~40 points. Callahan has been averaging a couple minutes more per game than Dubinsky, and he's been getting 10+ minutes more per game over the last few.

Dubinsky isn't scoring GOALS, but he IS contributing to the offense. This is the same Dubinsky who, while being a full year younger than Cally and on the longer developmental curve expected of a bigger PF player, has out-produced Callahan every single year they've been with the team. But because Dubinsky held out a couple years ago, everything he does is ripped on and Callahan can do no wrong. Cheer for both or boo both. To praise one and boo the other is hypocritical.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:52 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
7:30 is confirmed?
Yep, pregame at 7.

11-29-2011, 06:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

...It's not, though. Dubinsky has been a major disappointment this season. We need offense and he has ONE goal.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:

The fans were definitely fed up with Drury and Higgins lack of production, but I don't remember the Garden Faithful booing them. Drury, as polarizing as he was, never really got booed like players such as Malik, Rozy, or Redden were. For whatever reason, the Garden crowd loves to single out defenseman (and I do think that some of the treatment these players received were undeserving... Rozy was never as bad as the fans made him out to be).

Part of the reason why Drury and Higgins weren't booed is because of their work ethic. I know you don't care about work ethic, but if the Garden sees that a player is working hard, they aren't going to boo him. Personally, I could do without the booing altogether, unless it's targeted towards an opponent.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Booing never made anyone a better hockey player. It is simply an immature way of expressing irritation which polarizes the players and the fans (See: Callahan on the Rozsival booings, and Prospal on the NYR crowd turning on them after one period)

11-29-2011, 07:00 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
...It's not, though. Dubinsky has been a major disappointment this season. We need offense and he has ONE goal.
You do know that offensive production is composed of goals AND assists, right? He's on pace for 10 more assists than his previous career high. For whatever reason, he's more zoned in on his playmaking than his scoring. It might have something to do with his move back to center (his goal totals have only been in the 20+ range as a LW). It might be confidence related. Either way, he's still contributing in all aspects of the game, and he's only 4 POINTS behind Callahan. He was only 1 point behind him until Cally's 3 assist game, which came after Dubinsky was banished to the 4th line.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:04 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
Rangers still not getting respect around the league.

A solid win here will definitely turn some heads.

LGR!
You have to be cup contenders to get respect.

Closed Thread