HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to get Dubinsky jump started?

Old
11-29-2011, 03:17 PM
kovazub94

vCash: 500
He should start shooting the puck (and make it on the net). This stat is too low.
He's been more around the net the last couple of games so it's a good thing. Otherwise as everyone said Duby's not a liability on the ice and he contributes in other ways. And hopefully noone is blaming Torts for this - the coach has tried every possible way to get him going.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
He should start shooting the puck (and make it on the net). This stat is too low.
He's been more around the net the last couple of games so it's a good thing. Otherwise as everyone said Duby's not a liability on the ice and he contributes in other ways. And hopefully noone is blaming Torts for this - the coach has tried every possible way to get him going.
I'm not blaming Torts for it but I also don't think the way to get him out of it is to play him with Prust and Avery. All of them do the same thing offensively very well. Dubinsky is just a player that has more skill than the two of them. But they're all the same type of player.

I honestly liken it to baseball. You have to hit your way out of a slump. If a guy is really struggling but he's one of your key players you have to keep putting him out there in positions to succeed.

Putting him on a line with Prust and Avery and giving him 12 minutes or whatever isn't the best way to do that IMO.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
SkerZ
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I see your Wolski MZA Erixon and raise you an Eric Christensen.
EC may not be valuable enough I was thinking if they up the demands we can part with Jeff Woywitka

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:25 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkerZ View Post
EC may not be valuable enough I was thinking if they up the demands we can part with Jeff Woywitka
Woywitka in addition to EC and Wolski? Hey we're not trading for Crosby here, that's highway robbery.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Ryan may have more value, a young 30-goal scorer might be worth more than a two-way C, even though I think their value should be the same.

Dubinsky+Erixon+1st could do it, maybe throw in Thomas.

I have a feeling that we have an excellent shot at landing him. If we don't, I'm not angry either. Torts knows him and if he really wants him/thinks he's worth it, he'll push for it. If not, c'est la vie.
There value is extremely close and i personally would value a #1C who is 26 over Ryan.

He brought back Simmonds (good bottom six'er), B. Schenn (top prospect), 2nd round pick.

Since the Rangers have a little leeway when it comes to there D, i'd be willing to do

Dubinsky (top 6, young), McIlrath/Erixon (good top D prospect), 2nd rounder. Personally, that package looks better to me then the one the flyers got.

If that doesn't get it done, i'd throw in thomas but thats a complete max. And personally i don't see Thomas becoming a big time NHL'r so it's the only reason i'd add him.

The first rounder stays with us
As does Kreider.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
EEDAWGZ

I don't think the Ducks want anything to do with EC . As for Dubi, there's no better time than tonight to get it going

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Garfinkel1

Give him a dubi snack.

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Simple. Have him play against Crosby.

Now, when will be...oh wait.

Dubi will score at least 1 tonight.
Right on. Match him against Crosby. That will get him going.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:50 PM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post
I'm not blaming Torts for it but I also don't think the way to get him out of it is to play him with Prust and Avery. All of them do the same thing offensively very well. Dubinsky is just a player that has more skill than the two of them. But they're all the same type of player.

I honestly liken it to baseball. You have to hit your way out of a slump. If a guy is really struggling but he's one of your key players you have to keep putting him out there in positions to succeed.

Putting him on a line with Prust and Avery and giving him 12 minutes or whatever isn't the best way to do that IMO.
C'mon... I don't buy it. How many games has he been on a line with Avery and Prust? Torts tried him with Richards and Gaborik, with Richards and Callahan, as part of Pack line etc. You know Dubinsky is not going to stay on the 4th line for the whole season. It worked for Anisimov so it should work for Dubinsky as well.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Greg02

Dubi is clearly struggling as far as scoring goals, but he's still playing the right way and is still on pace for a 41 point season. That's may not be exactly what we want from him, but it certainly isn't awful.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

The only thing that can jump start Dubinsky is himself.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
dccuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
Tell him he's gonna be traded for Bobby Ryan.
Might be more to this than you think. What better way to light a fire under someone's butt then to tell them you're considering trading for a better version of them!

dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:31 PM
truebluegoalie

Put him on a line with grinders, cut his minutes and consistently shift him back and forth from center to wing.

At least that is what torts seems to think will work.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:28 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Torts has said it, and I agree with him. Dubinsky has been solid defensively, pure money on the PK, and has been doing well enough on the forecheck. The numbers aren't coming.

Instead of trying to force the points, they're having him play his solid defensive game, cycle down low, and not try to finesse his way out of a slump. We can't afford a defensive liability on the ice.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 05:45 PM
Stepanformayor*

Just MHO.. Dubi's not a Hockey Player.. Nobody works harder, and every team needs a couple guy's like Dubi to win, and I personaly love how he plays but He spends most of the night running from pillar to post running into people. I just don't ever see him having another year like he had last year. Dubi and Boyle both had year's last year that neither will duplicate again IMO. I really think the expectations are too high for both..

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Leetch66

He needs to start dropping his gloves and get that crap out of his system and then he should start being nastier and playing with an edge . He is playing like a rec player .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
He needs to start dropping his gloves and get that crap out of his system and then he should start being nastier and playing with an edge . He is playing like a rec player .
Would have loved to seem him plant his fist in Cindy Crosby's mouth....

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL

There's really nobody on the team outside of Hank, Gabby, Richards and Callahan I wouldn't trade for Bobby Ryan. I wouldn't lose sleep if Dubi went West in a deal.

Wamsutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:47 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamsutta View Post
There's really nobody on the team outside of Hank, Gabby, Richards and Callahan I wouldn't trade for Bobby Ryan. I wouldn't lose sleep if Dubi went West in a deal.
Girardi, Stepan, Hagelin...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:58 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckus View Post

I disagree to an extent. Putting him with better offensive players should help him get his own offense going, but at the same time, he'd be playing against better players. By putting Dubi on a lower line, he gets a chance to work out his offensive issues against lesser players.

Did we so quickly forget that Arty was playing on the 4th line before becoming part of the GAS line? And that was hardly the first time Arty has been put on the 4th line and then started scoring more. Maybe it won't work for Dubi, but Dubi has been, and will again be, an important part of this team. As long as we are winning, he has time to work it out.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Girardi, Stepan, Hagelin...
Gotta give something to get something. I like all three of those guys and don't actively want them gone, but I could probably live with a reasonable deal involving one of them.

Anaheim's not going to give us Ryan for EC, MZA and Eminger, no matter how much we want to keep our core guys.

Last edited by Wamsutta: 11-30-2011 at 09:00 AM. Reason: clarification
Old
11-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Dorado*

Dubi playing less minutes at ES has led to us beating division rivalsas 3 games . He's a valuable member of the team but trying to force feed him out of a slump by playing him in top line while he not netting goals is not good for the big picture . He's a team guy first . I think if anyone is traded fir Ryan it's more likely AA who has a better cap hit has more upside and showed he can defend as well as play wing as well as his natural C . Cap wise not sure how it works but let's say we got RYan and had Dubinsky as a 3 rd line wing or C or 2nd line wing we be in great shape .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL

AA is sweet and all but I'd absolutely green-light him being part of a swap for Ryan.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Chimp

Dubinsky has the contract Chris Drury should've had, when he still was an effective player. Dubi needs to remember he is a power forward with a little bit of skill, not the other way around. Since he has contributed in all areas but scoring, it hasn't been much of an issue, especially since we're winning. But he needs to start driving to the net more.

Before you know it, Dubi could be a healthy scratch in favour of Wolski if he keeps this up, or at least permanently stuck in the bottom 6.

Last edited by Chimp: 11-30-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Torts has said it, and I agree with him. Dubinsky has been solid defensively, pure money on the PK, and has been doing well enough on the forecheck. The numbers aren't coming.

Instead of trying to force the points, they're having him play his solid defensive game, cycle down low, and not try to finesse his way out of a slump. We can't afford a defensive liability on the ice.
Yeah cause he held out for that contract saying your getting a defensive player right? He wanted more money and now his offensive production is gone, that is the problem. He talked the the talk and got his money and now he can't back it up with production.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote