HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can someone please answer this question??

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 07:49 PM
mrush

vCash: 500
Can someone please answer this question??

Why does Mac T only play hemsky for two shifts in OT? One shift for like 10seconds and theres a whistle and he's off. Than he gets 10 seconds on the powerplay at the end?? I seriously dont understand why mac t never plays him that much in the 3rd period? Also horcoff and smyth for OT what is Mac T thinking? At least put isbister there instead of horcoff or hemsky.

Old
11-01-2003, 08:03 PM
Cerebral

I agree.. I was really confused when Smyth went out with Horcoff and not Hemsky in OT. Another MacT question I have is why doesn't he try Isbister out on the PP.. I think two combo's of York/Isbister/Dvo and Smyth/Hemsky/Reasoner would work really well. I think Isbister has played two fairly good games in a row now and deserves to be rewarded with more ice time! At least MacTavish is getting Dvorak out there more and more.. he looked superb again today, the best Oiler for the third game in a row IMO.

Old
11-01-2003, 08:05 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I agree.. I was really confused when Smyth went out with Horcoff and not Hemsky in OT. Another MacT question I have is why doesn't he try Isbister out on the PP.. I think two combo's of York/Isbister/Dvo and Smyth/Hemsky/Reasoner would work really well. I think Isbister has played two fairly good games in a row now and deserves to be rewarded with more ice time! At least MacTavish is getting Dvorak out there more and more.. he looked superb again today, the best Oiler for the third game in a row IMO.
yes i totally agree, isbister has been playing good the last two games good defensive play after the bergeron pass. Those 6 guys you named shouldd be the pp lines but horcoff and chimera for some reason always get pp time over reasoner and moreau.

Also dvorak is playing good lately but no goals but one thing that i dont like from him, is i think he stays way too long on his shift and doesnt get off when he's suppose to change. thats just my opinion.

Old
11-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
Also dvorak is playing good lately but no goals but one thing that i dont like from him, is i think he stays way too long on his shift and doesnt get off when he's suppose to change. thats just my opinion.
Normally I would agree, but lately, he's one of the only players I look forward to seeing on the ice. He plays with energy and he makes stuff happen. If Hemsky would play with that same intensity, it would be scary...

Old
11-01-2003, 08:16 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Normally I would agree, but lately, he's one of the only players I look forward to seeing on the ice. He plays with energy and he makes stuff happen. If Hemsky would play with that same intensity, it would be scary...
Yah i know its fun to watch dvorak skate and be all intense, but there are 3 other rw's who would like to play not just dvorak. I know dvorak hasn't gotten a goal and thats why he's probably staying longer and playing with much more intensity cause he really needs a goal but i want other players to get ice time as well.

Old
11-01-2003, 08:41 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
To touch on several things from the post:

1. Izzy is like Reasoner to MacT. He's going to have to MAKE him play him and give him the time he deserves until the stuborn meat-headed MacT can't possibly dare NOT to let him play on the PP. It sickens me the way he can be!

2. Horcoff had NO business being out there in O.T. before Hemsky and/or Izzy. Hadn't done dinky-do!

3.Hemsky isn't on in the third much because his defense is still suspect. Doesn't want to put him into a situation where he can feel like he cost the team a win.

4.Dvorak and York are finaly starting to get some chemistry together. They are looking for each other and are creating LOTS of great chances together. Torres complements them absolutely PERFECTLY!

5. I'd LOVE to see Dvorak and Hemsky on the ice together. I am COMPLETELY against changing the lines at the moment - with the exception of Chimera taking the stroll to the PB. But I think when (obviously the time will come) the team isn't playing good, they should be tried together. Radek can and has played LW.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
To touch on several things from the post:

2. Horcoff had NO business being out there in O.T. before Hemsky and/or Izzy. Hadn't done dinky-do!

3.Hemsky isn't on in the third much because his defense is still suspect. Doesn't want to put him into a situation where he can feel like he cost the team a win.

4.Dvorak and York are finaly starting to get some chemistry together. They are looking for each other and are creating LOTS of great chances together. Torres complements them absolutely PERFECTLY!
Horcoff is still an Oiler? I thought that was Casper the friendly ghost floating around in the #10 sweater.

As far as #3 goes, that didn't stop MacT with Comrie. How many games last year was Comrie out in the last few minutes of a close one? I think we are getting another look at MacT's veteran bias.

Agree on #4. Torres has better hands than I was expecting as well.

Old
11-01-2003, 09:31 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I am COMPLETELY against changing the lines at the moment - with the exception of Chimera taking the stroll to the PB.
AMEN!!, You think he'd take Salo with him to? I now some of those were deflected, but man, this guy looks like he's hoping the puck hits him on 3/4 of the shots he faces.

Closed Thread