Old
11-27-2011, 02:52 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
The All-Encompassing Minnesota Pro Sports Thread III

Gerhart is a bum.

Carry on.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
11-27-2011, 02:54 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

He is no Leroy Hoard.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
11-27-2011, 02:56 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Previous Threads:
Version I
Version II

Old
11-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Yes Percy's second run was a TD. Unbelievable no one told frazier to challenge.

Old
11-27-2011, 03:01 PM
melinko

vCash: 2551
This Vikings team has 3 positions where they look ok, QB and RB, DL.

Everything else sucks and needs to be replaced coaches included, unfortunately by the time that happens QB, RB and DL will be a problem.

Old
11-27-2011, 03:03 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

DL?

They have Jared Allen and that's about it. Kevin Williams is on a steady decline. Griffen is a solid rotational guy. Robison would be a decent rotational guy but he's a flat brutal starter. Ballard and Guion have upside but not a whole lot going for them right now.

Old
11-27-2011, 03:22 PM
melinko

vCash: 2551
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
DL?

They have Jared Allen and that's about it. Kevin Williams is on a steady decline. Griffen is a solid rotational guy. Robison would be a decent rotational guy but he's a flat brutal starter. Ballard and Guion have upside but not a whole lot going for them right now.
Its the 3rd best unit on our team, the entire secondary needs to be replaced, the linebackers suck (Greenway is the only one I would keep and at best he is a complementary guy IE. Lance Briggs).

The DL would look a lot better if our LB's made any plays, back before EJ broke is femur he would constantly be there to stop the run.

O-line needs LT, LG, C (the right side is serviceable), and Harvin is the only WR that we should keep.

I have no idea how you fix the coaches. I personally think the 4-3 defense sucks but Frasier is going to stay with that as long as he is here, and I don't even know where to start on Musgrave.

The 1st and goal 4 runs for nothing was terrible, run a bootleg or something its Ponders best play. Going for it on the 4th and 14 or w/e was a bad call even if it turned into a touchdown, if you think your in a position where you need to go for it on 4th down don't waste plays early in the down so your stuck with huge yardage.

Old
11-27-2011, 03:32 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Like I said in the previous thread, Frazier shouldn't make it to next season in my view. He's lost and clueless in that head coach position.

Spielman and Co. need to go immediately. Can't go with their evals on draft and free agency eligible players when the time comes. Otherwise you're behind another year.

Old
11-27-2011, 03:35 PM
mnhowitzer

Coach in more over their head at the time: Frazier or Todd Richards?

If you think closely about it, since Dennis Green the Vikings have quite possibly hired a worse coach every time. Green, Tice, Chilly, Frazier....my oh my.

Old
11-27-2011, 03:37 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Richards is the guy I think of when I see Frazier.

He's always got that same look on the sideline. Always off to himself. Never has an answer whether it's in game or to the press after.

He's a dead ringer for Richards. I'd use the analogy on a football forum I'm on, by I doubt many of those Vikings fans follow the Wild that heavily.

Old
11-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Avder
Is only game.

vCash: 0
To be honest I'm kind of trying to divorce myself completely from the Vikings at this point, considering how unlikely a stadium deal seems at this point, imo.

If they move I hope we can keep the history, name, and logo tho for whatever team we lure in after we do build a stadium.

Old
11-27-2011, 05:28 PM
DW

My understanding is if the Vikings left, the name, logo, etc would change and Minnesota would be able to use them if we were to get a team back.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

are they likely to leave? I didn't realize the stadium situation was so dire...

Old
11-29-2011, 08:24 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

It's not.

They could leave, we could build a new stadium. Anything can really happen still, and anyone who is actually surprised by it coming to what it's coming to either doesn't know anything about these sort of politics or just hasn't been paying attention.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Wild48
Our Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
are they likely to leave? I didn't realize the stadium situation was so dire...
It's not dire, but something needs to be done before the start of the 2012 season. The Vikings lease is up (yes by a technicality they may be forced to stay another year, but playing hardball is not going to help the situation) and LA is pushing harder for a team (perhaps 2) than ever before.

The Arden Hills site is a good one, as well as the former dome site, as well as the farmers market site. I don't care where the damn thing is built I just don't want to lose the Vikings.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
tomgilbertfan
gifs on gifs on gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
It's not dire, but something needs to be done before the start of the 2012 season. The Vikings lease is up (yes by a technicality they may be forced to stay another year, but playing hardball is not going to help the situation) and LA is pushing harder for a team (perhaps 2) than ever before.

The Arden Hills site is a good one, as well as the former dome site, as well as the farmers market site. I don't care where the damn thing is built I just don't want to lose the Vikings.
I really wouldn't characterize the AH site as 'good'. There's minimal public transport that goes out there, its smallish and the only parking there would have to be made by/for the stadium. Also its just a weird place to put a stadium.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:51 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2600 View Post
I really wouldn't characterize the AH site as 'good'. There's minimal public transport that goes out there, its smallish and the only parking there would have to be made by/for the stadium. Also its just a weird place to put a stadium.
It's a "good site" from a development perspective. It might not be the most efficient site, but parking and public transit can be added to a place easily.

That's not to say it's the best site either, just that there's more to a site's quality than existing infrastructure.

Old
11-29-2011, 06:45 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I just question how you sustain that entire area and make it viable when it isn't one of those 8 game days out of the year...

That's a lot of money to sink into site that's entirely a concept right now. Granted, the surrounding area is growing fairly steady, but Arden Hills isn't exactly booming or a large city to begin with. I think it needs to be downtown somewhere. The Wilfs aren't going to like it because they're going to want their parking/development dollars, but it's the most feasible in my opinion.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Avder
Is only game.

I'm just glad politics doesn't come into play when you build a stadium in Sim City. Just click and plop, there it is, stadium.

On a serious note I actually had that hearing on TV this morning and it didn't sound like a damned thing got accomplished in reality.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:09 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I'm just glad politics doesn't come into play when you build a stadium in Sim City. Just click and plop, there it is, stadium.

On a serious note I actually had that hearing on TV this morning and it didn't sound like a damned thing got accomplished in reality.
A hearing that didn't accomplish anything? You don't say!

Old
11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Avder
Is only game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
A hearing that didn't accomplish anything? You don't say!
It was just witness after witness with their opinions on why yadda yadda yadda.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:15 AM
Wild48
Our Savior

Quote:
It was just witness after witness with their opinions on why yadda yadda yadda.
That was the point of this hearing. This was the "let everyone give their ideas, and we'll make some recommendations"

The Dec. 6th hearing is the one people need to pay attention to. That's the one that will decide the funding. If there is no resolution in that hearing, things will only go downhill from there.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Avder
Is only game.

So, heres a question for one of you guys who actually likes that silly game where they bounce a ball on a wooden floor and throw it through a cherry bucket suspended off the ground,

When the T'Wimps season starts, what are their TV arrangements, and how will it affect the Wild on nights both teams play, particularly in the case of DirecTV subscribers?

If I end up having to watch a single Wild game in standard def I am going to fly off the handle at warp 10.

Old
11-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Arden Hills smacks to me of Glendale. Build an entire entertainment shrine/mecca out in the cheap land, but nobody's going to go there outside the season. And like you said, only 8 game days a year. It's a big money grab for the Wilfs who would get the juicy development money, tax breaks, etc and boost the value of the team drastically. But it wouldn't really benefit the state and if the team ended up sucking, you'd lose a lot of ST holders. Especially people south of the metro.

It'd be great if they could just raze the Dome and start over. And then raze Block E and put something there. In fact, Minneapolis should just be bulldozed

Old
11-30-2011, 05:03 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
So, heres a question for one of you guys who actually likes that silly game where they bounce a ball on a wooden floor and throw it through a cherry bucket suspended off the ground,

When the T'Wimps season starts, what are their TV arrangements, and how will it affect the Wild on nights both teams play, particularly in the case of DirecTV subscribers?

If I end up having to watch a single Wild game in standard def I am going to fly off the handle at warp 10.
Alternate channels and they are in HD.

For example, here is the Wild/Gophers one on Friday:
http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/11/28/...08&feedID=3697

Closed Thread