HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andreas Nodl

Old
11-28-2011, 08:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Andreas Nodl

Nodl is available on waivers right now. I know the Wings have a lot of forwards ready when healthy, so people will be against this. But the guy is a solid fourth liner and good penalty killer. With Eaves out for at least a month and a half probably longer with the fact he will lose so much weight and conditioning. Mursak has just resumed skating and is likely out for the month of December.

The Wings have roster space and can use him in a scratching/depth role inserting him to give him a chance on our awful PK unit when guys get nicked up. Under contract for two seasons including this one at 845K and an RFA after that. They can carry both him and Brunnstrom right now for the month. If it doesn't work out waive him later, won't hurt our cap at the deadline significantly with his low figures. Both Brunnstrom and Nyquist seem better in the top 9. Nodl is a better fit for what we are missing. Anybody else interested?

*sorry if I was not allowed to do this as a Rookie, usually appears in bold in each forum so I thought this was acceptable on a team page.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Wouldn't mind the pick-up, but I doubt he makes it that far down the wire. Someone will pick him up.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 09:54 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

No thanks
We can call up Nyquist or Tatar or Brunnstrom. Mursak will be back in a month.
Why do we want everyone's trash?

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:00 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

We currently have a bounty of players who can aptly fill bottom-6 roles. No need to add another at this time.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2011, 10:08 PM
sarcastro

If the Wings were to make a waiver claim, I would hope it's another Brunnstrom type of "enigmatic potential sniper" guy. They're overloaded with good 4th liners, both with the big club and in the minors.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:31 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Claimed by Carolina, so he wouldn't have made it to us. Looks like a lot of you didn't care. Just thought he could really help the PK unit. I would rather have Nodl than Miller. Just my opinion.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:09 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Claimed by Carolina, so he wouldn't have made it to us. Looks like a lot of you didn't care. Just thought he could really help the PK unit. I would rather have Nodl than Miller. Just my opinion.
Not a huge fan of Miller, but the dude does what he does consistently. PK/4th liners are essentially cannon fodder, as we saw with Eaves the other day, and somehow, Miller stays healthy.
That in itself is a skill.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Miller does a pretty good job on the PK. Not sure how Nodl is any kind of upgrade.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote