Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pacioretty suspended three games.

Old
11-29-2011, 11:49 AM
yohan1212

vCash: 500
This was the correct call. Dirty hit by a player with direct contact to the head. Not sure how Montreal fans expect to be taken seriously when they start this cospiracy theory. Lucic and charade hits were not suspendable. This hit was. Is it that hard to comprehend? Montreal is beginning to be looked at as a dirty team who embelishes injuries.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:51 AM
GarbageGoal
AKA Section109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Must be fake.....I don't believe that guy has a girlfriend for a second.

GarbageGoal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Montreal fans are really going to **** bricks if the NHL ever has the nads to crack down on PK Subban's slew footing.

I wish the NHL would do more with slew-footing.....which would mean Marchand bettter be careful.....hell, he's got a bullseye painted on his spoked B.

I think this video ended to early....we didn't see Subban look to a ref for the high stick he caused.

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
OrrCam

Quote:
If he had caught more than his nose, it probably would have been more.

They both got a little lucky there.

After last year, it makes you wonder how many children were kept home from school today up in Montreal. Poor kids. Surely the city of Montreal must have counseling available to the public. Who obviously must be in a state of shock after watching one of their own commit hockey horror. Especially one on a premeditated level that far exceeds the little shove that sent Pacioretty flying in a poorly engineered rink.

Air Canada will drop the NHL for sure now. Seeing how this violent epidemic has now spread to the habs roster.

When will it stop? I know I'm not alone in my feelings on this. Because when I called 911 up in Montreal to report this horrible crime, and to get a BOLO out on Pacioretty before he could get out of his gear, and in disguise. The line was busy.
OMG, I wanted soooo much to say the same things. Oh well. You snooze you lose. Nice stuff by the way.

OrrCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Cronuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

As fun as it is to laugh at Habs fans... I don't think Pacioretty had any ill-intent. Nor do I think he's a dirty ******* of a player.

But that was a bad hit and deserved a suspension. It's pretty ****ing cut and dry. I don't see what the argument is. I said the same when it was Paille that did it... And he received a very deserved suspension. Good!

Is it not important that hits to the head are eliminated from the game, regardless of who the offender is?
Exactly. That thread on the Habs board... ugh

It is a blind side hit where the head is the primary point of contact. I doubt it was malicious, but it was still an irresponsible, dangerous, and illegal hit.

Malone on Campoli was different, and so was Chara's and Lucic's, which is why they weren't suspended.

Cronuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Cronuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot View Post
I think this video ended to early....we didn't see Subban look to a ref for the high stick he caused.
PK Subban disgusts me. He is as gutless as he is talented. It's a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
Hate to say it, but the girls in the video does a great job.
Not a single thing in that video is remotely tolerable.

Last edited by Cronuss: 11-29-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Cronuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Johnnyduke

I think three was too many. Thought it would be 1-2. My reasoning is that Letang could see Pacioretty as he came across the blue line with the puck. That being said, Letang was in the process of finishing his shot. Under that scenario, he cannot even properly get ready to defend himself against the hit. At that point, it's up to Pacioretty. He might not have meant to hit him in the head but the bottom line is he DID. He must then suffer the consequences. I am fully on board with taking head shots out of the game and don't understand the mentality of some fans that see a hit like that and decide to coin this the "No Hit League".

Johnnyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Johnnyduke

BTW, I'm ok with fans complaining about what they perceive to be a lack of consistency. They just better make to sure to reference similar incidents/hits. Lucic made no contact with Miller's head and Miller saw him the entire time. There is no comparison to the Pacioretty hit on Letang.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

vCash: 450
As a Habs fan, I agree with the 3 game suspension. I doubt there was any intent based on Pacioretty's body language and apology, but it was reckless and recklessness does need to be punished. I do think it was disgusting that Patches' hit was compared with Cooke's on Savard though. I don't know whether it makes Patches' hit sounds worse than it was or if it makes Cooke's sound better.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:27 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan1212 View Post
This was the correct call. Dirty hit by a player with direct contact to the head. Not sure how Montreal fans expect to be taken seriously when they start this cospiracy theory. Lucic and charade hits were not suspendable. This hit was. Is it that hard to comprehend? Montreal is beginning to be looked at as a dirty team who embelishes injuries.
I'm confused by the word beginning lol :p

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:35 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
I'm confused by the word beginning lol :p
I still say the Pens are the real dirty team that often gets away with nearly anything. Montreal employs the cheap tactics, dirty stick work, since they lack the muscle power to use much force.

But then again, according to the main board the Bruins are a bunch of scum bags, which I struggle to comprehend, even as a fan of a divisional rival.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
As a Habs fan, I agree with the 3 game suspension. I doubt there was any intent based on Pacioretty's body language and apology, but it was reckless and recklessness does need to be punished. I do think it was disgusting that Patches' hit was compared with Cooke's on Savard though. I don't know whether it makes Patches' hit sounds worse than it was or if it makes Cooke's sound better.
Patches hit was no where near what cookes was! Patches deserved a suspension and he got it. Cooke however should be banned from the league and left to rot in ****. Cause his was all intent...

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Now you know why Bruins fans were appalled to hear habs fans, their media, and even their police department repeatedly try and put Chara in the same category as Matt Cooke, Todd Bertuzzi, etc. Or, anytime discussing Lucic for that matter.

A bit annoying, isn't it?

Anyway, I think 3 games is a/b right. It's actually one less than Paille received on a similar hit. Therefore, our kickback to Shanahan will be on the light side this month, just so he gets message.

On a serious note, why guys can't make that same hit using their forearms and exploding, instead of their shoulders, ensuring the point of contact won't be the head, is beyond me. You may not have all your body weight and energy going into the guy. But you're still going to take him off the puck w/o killing him.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
The guy calls himself "Mario Lemieux" and you believe this is real?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
I don't think he should have been suspended...it wasn't malicious and had zero intent IMO....Letang is small, head was low...crap happens.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:44 PM
thegodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
The guy calls himself "Mario Lemieux" and you believe this is real?
You do realize that this was a joke to mock all the idiots in Montreal that had called 911 over that hit....

thegodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:55 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
You do realize that this was a joke to mock all the idiots in Montreal that had called 911 over that hit....
Yes. Very much aware. My 'you' was very general. I read comments and apparently people believe this is real. So I was like, if anyone believes this...

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
I don't think he should have been suspended...it wasn't malicious and had zero intent IMO....Letang is small, head was low...crap happens.
Why should a player who is in the process of finishing his shot while having no time to try and prepare for the hit be fair game for a shot to the head? This is what I will never understand from some people.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
You've changed this response 3 times now, and it makes me laugh every time.
LOL!

I sure did.

I really was confused.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote