HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Ryan Being Shopped

Old
11-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Bobby Ryan seriously doesnt help this team at all. WE are the best scoring team in the league we don't need ryan. What would be nice is solid top 6 winger who can placy two way hockey.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:28 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
haha...Incarcerated Bob.
Didn't he have some ridiculous rumor earlier in the year?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:30 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
haha...Incarcerated Bob.
You follow him?! If not, he's awesome. I recommend him just for him cutting on eklund.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:31 PM
ayshplaysh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Didn't he have some ridiculous rumor earlier in the year?
I believe he was the first to report when the Flyer's signed Gagne.

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Atament

He actually does get quite a lot right.

Atament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 06:34 PM
ayshplaysh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atament View Post
He actually does get quite a lot right.
The things he reports correctly are usually pretty widely reported, the things he seems to break on the other hand...

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Nuclear

How about this:

Flyers get: Ryan + 2nd + our 2012 3rd round pick that we'd give them for Pronger we get to keep
Ducks get: Scheen + Carle + 1st

Nuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:51 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post
How about this:

Flyers get: Ryan + 2nd + our 2012 3rd round pick that we'd give them for Pronger we get to keep
I might be in to this. I really like Schenn and think he is going to be pretty sick, but this trade seems pretty reasonable. Carle can go pound sand and the Flyers 1st and Ducks second hopefully won't be too far apart. We don't give up any offense really (since Schenn has only played in four games) and when the rest of the D is healthy they can make up for Carle's absence. Lines could look something like this:

Ryan-Giroux-Jagr
JVR-Briere-Read
Hartnell-Couturier-Voracek
Harry Z-Talbot-Simmonds
Shelley/Rinaldo

Pronger-Mez
Timmonen-Coburn
Lilja-Gus
Other D-man maybe acquired through a trade.

Bryz
Bob

Also would the cap hits work out?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:48 PM
turkinaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Pronger-Mez
Timmonen-Coburn
Lilja-Gus
Other D-man maybe acquired through a trade.
Only downside is that 3 of those players are hurt. In a month or so that d-line could be fine.

Now if they have any players, especially defense, who are over 35, fragile, and in need of extensions to retire on we definitely need to get them over here in the deal.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Even if he does get dealt to us, I can't imagine it'd happen BEFORE we play Anaheim on Friday. And unfortunately we do have bigger issues at hand. I'd still love Homer to find a way to swing this though.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:01 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Carle + Bryzgalov

Ryan

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:06 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
Carle + Bryzgalov

Ryan
Probably a little too much for Ryan...

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:10 PM
bryzgalovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Probably a little too much for Ryan...

I just want to get rid of Bryzgalov and his contract.

Our defense is so bad we might as well have a 2 x 4 sitting in the net with a jersey and some blockers taped on it, pucks will go in the net regardless.

Stack the team with as many goal scorers as possible.

Giroux, Jagr, Hartnell, Briere, Ryan, Schenn, Read

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Prongo
Beer

I know it's Eklund but he somehow has a tie with the Flyers organization and has said we are not in on Bobby Ryan... take it for what its worth I guess

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:36 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post
How about this:

It doesn't fit the "asking price" by ANH. They are not looking to rebuild, so picks don't help them now.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:37 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
Carle + Bryzgalov

Ryan
I think the Ducks already saw that movie. With Hiller, they don't exactly have a need for a goalie. Not exactly good for them at all.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Bobby Ryan seriously doesnt help this team at all. WE are the best scoring team in the league we don't need ryan. What would be nice is solid top 6 winger who can placy two way hockey.
Yes, why would we need Bobby Ryan, he would be our 2nd best forward for next 10 years.

Let's get another 4M d-men. 5 is not enough.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 11-30-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:48 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
You mean like...Bobby Ryan? Oh no he's beyond "solid", he's a star.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:50 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I offered JVR + Voracek + Carle for Ryan + Sbisa on the main trade rumors board. What do use think? If they're looking for a #2 center though it would probably have to involve Schenn.
That might just be the worst overpayment offered for Bobby Ryan.

Before I continue, let me add that I LOVE Bobby Ryan. Have watched him since he broke into the league and would love to bring him home. Might be my favorite non-Flyer (besides Richie).

That being said, there are some legitimate concerns

-He is a 30 goal scorer the past 3 years, but he was playing on the best line in the entire NHL w/ Getzlaf and Perry. Can he do that without them? I dunno. All we have to go on is this year (1st time he's been away from them) and the results aren't great... on pace for 25 goals and <40 total points.

-JVR and Voracek are both currently on pace to better Ryan's scoring (JVR is on pace for 32-32-64 despite a slow start) (Voracek is on pace for 58 points) and both are younger and cheaper than Ryan. Even if you assume that Ryan on the Flyers can equal his best statistical year thus far, 34 goals, 71 points (and that's a pretty big assumption considering we can't roll a line w/ 2 linemates equal to Perry and Getzlaf), he's a 2 goal, 7 point upgrade over JVR's current pace despite being 2+years his elder. Definitely not worth JVR + Voracek.

-I dislike Carle and his turnovers as much as the next guy, but the fact remains he's an above-average defenseman and is capable of playing big minutes if you need him. Sbisa on the other hand? Not so much. He has potential, but he can't play big minutes right now and would be a downgrade from Carle.

The only way I could see us trading w/ Anaheim for Ryan @ this point and it making sense for both sides would be Briere+Voracek+ Kings' 2nd round pick for Ryan and Sbisa.

And this is assuming (and it might be a somewhat large assumption) that Briere is willing to waive his NTC. It's an overpayment in terms of production immediately, but we would get younger and would have the flexibility to be able to move Meszaros or Coburn in the off-season and make a play @ a legit #1 (if someone like Suter becomes available). Long term, it makes the Flyers much better IMO. And in the short term, I think we could manage.

Anaheim would do it b/c they get better immediately (and with their current monetary situation they need to make a cup run ASAP b/c the team is going to struggle soon w/ Getzlaf and Perry needing significant raises, Visnovsky being a FA soon, etc). Simply put, this team is going to have serious trouble contending in a couple years, and they know it. Anaheim is trying to trade Ryan (a great piece to have long-term) to salvage their season (which is approaching the "un-salvageable" point right now) because they know they are in trouble going forward and are going to need to rebuild not too far in the future. It's now or never for the Ducks. When you're 2nd to last in the NHL in points, 11 points out of the playoffs, the only reason you take a huge risk to try and "salvage" the season by trading a #1 winger, is because you are desperate and you know your window is closing fast.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:09 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

To Nsh: Ryan + Sbisa

To Flyers: Suter + Nsh 1st

To Ana: Carle + Schenn

I love the speculation and putting these things together that would never work....

The one above would be ideal for US.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 10:11 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
To Nsh: Ryan + Sbisa

To Flyers: Suter + Nsh 1st

To Ana: Carle + Schenn

I love the speculation and putting these things together that would never work....

The one above would be ideal for US.
Anaheim gets royally boned here. Like it's bad.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
That might just be the worst overpayment offered for Bobby Ryan.

Before I continue, let me add that I LOVE Bobby Ryan. Have watched him since he broke into the league and would love to bring him home. Might be my favorite non-Flyer (besides Richie).

That being said, there are some legitimate concerns

-He is a 30 goal scorer the past 3 years, but he was playing on the best line in the entire NHL w/ Getzlaf and Perry. Can he do that without them? I dunno. All we have to go on is this year (1st time he's been away from them) and the results aren't great... on pace for 25 goals and <40 total points.

-JVR and Voracek are both currently on pace to better Ryan's scoring (JVR is on pace for 32-32-64 despite a slow start) (Voracek is on pace for 58 points) and both are younger and cheaper than Ryan. Even if you assume that Ryan on the Flyers can equal his best statistical year thus far, 34 goals, 71 points (and that's a pretty big assumption considering we can't roll a line w/ 2 linemates equal to Perry and Getzlaf), he's a 2 goal, 7 point upgrade over JVR's current pace despite being 2+years his elder. Definitely not worth JVR + Voracek.

-I dislike Carle and his turnovers as much as the next guy, but the fact remains he's an above-average defenseman and is capable of playing big minutes if you need him. Sbisa on the other hand? Not so much. He has potential, but he can't play big minutes right now and would be a downgrade from Carle.

The only way I could see us trading w/ Anaheim for Ryan @ this point and it making sense for both sides would be Briere+Voracek+ Kings' 2nd round pick for Ryan and Sbisa.

And this is assuming (and it might be a somewhat large assumption) that Briere is willing to waive his NTC. It's an overpayment in terms of production immediately, but we would get younger and would have the flexibility to be able to move Meszaros or Coburn in the off-season and make a play @ a legit #1 (if someone like Suter becomes available). Long term, it makes the Flyers much better IMO. And in the short term, I think we could manage.

Anaheim would do it b/c they get better immediately (and with their current monetary situation they need to make a cup run ASAP b/c the team is going to struggle soon w/ Getzlaf and Perry needing significant raises, Visnovsky being a FA soon, etc). Simply put, this team is going to have serious trouble contending in a couple years, and they know it. Anaheim is trying to trade Ryan (a great piece to have long-term) to salvage their season (which is approaching the "un-salvageable" point right now) because they know they are in trouble going forward and are going to need to rebuild not too far in the future. It's now or never for the Ducks. When you're 2nd to last in the NHL in points, 11 points out of the playoffs, the only reason you take a huge risk to try and "salvage" the season by trading a #1 winger, is because you are desperate and you know your window is closing fast.
I gotcha. I was think JVR + Voracek > Ryan, so I added Sbisa/Carle to make it more even for the Flyers. I wouldn't want to trade JVR + Voracek for just Ryan. I probably overestimated Sbisas value though.

I said in that thread if it was just Ryan coming our way they'd only get one of Schenn, JVR, or Voracek. I thought Sbisa was a potential top pairing dman on a nice contract to replace Carle since he's a UFA at the end of the year.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Gibbs18

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
I think the Ducks already saw that movie. With Hiller, they don't exactly have a need for a goalie. Not exactly good for them at all.
It is when he has a .897 SV% and 3.22 GAA. 5-10-4 Record.

Their goaltending/stars playing like **** (getzlaf, perry, ryan) is why they sit 14th in the West.

Gibbs18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Prongo
Beer

Voracek
Mez
BOB
2nd

for

Ryan
Sbisa
Ellis
6th

Then trade a pick for Scott Hannan??

Edit: Had to add Ellis to give us a back up haha. Salary works out though

Last edited by Prongo: 11-29-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:07 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I gotcha. I was think JVR + Voracek > Ryan, so I added Sbisa/Carle to make it more even for the Flyers. I wouldn't want to trade JVR + Voracek for just Ryan. I probably overestimated Sbisas value though.

I said in that thread if it was just Ryan coming our way they'd only get one of Schenn, JVR, or Voracek. I thought Sbisa was a potential top pairing dman on a nice contract to replace Carle since he's a UFA at the end of the year.
I figured that's what you were doing. No worries.

The skinny on Sbisa is that he still definitely has potential #2 or #3 D-man upside... probably lean towards #3. But, he hasn't really shown anywhere near that much ability as of yet and he's behind where he should be in his development. He's playing w/ Fowler on the 2nd D-pairing, and Fowler is covering for him big time. He's only getting 15 mins of ice time per game and a lot of it is sheltered minutes (not playing against teams best lines, not starting in the defensive zone so much, etc.). Sbisa would be a downgrade from Carle for this year and possibly going forward too. I would be comfortable w/ Sbisa on our 3rd pairing or paired w/ Pronger or Timonen (so he can be sheltered) but like I said @ this point Carle > Sbisa.

In terms of value, you're right... Sbisa > Carle due to potential and Carle's impending UFA status. But not enough to make up for the massive gap in value between JVR + Voracek and Ryan.

Trading JVR + Voracek + Carle for Sbisa makes us a worse team for 2011-2012 and it probably makes us a worse team going forward IMO too, therefore I wouldn't do it.