HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Halts the flight! 6-4 Win!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2011, 11:02 PM
  #51
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,285
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post


He played for Manitoba in the AHL playoffs before getting drafted.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:02 PM
  #52
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,053
vCash: 500
I think his best friend plays for Van.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:03 PM
  #53
WantEggRoll
Registered User
 
WantEggRoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Must have lost a bet!
Well they were saying tonight on the broadcast that he played four games for the Manitoba Moose during their Calder Cup playoff run after his first draft year.

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:04 PM
  #54
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,285
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I think his best friend plays for Van.
Yea, Weise. But that picture was 3 years ago or so.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:04 PM
  #55
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor
 
nanuuq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Estonia
Posts: 4,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I've been predicting since the beginning of the year that we hover around the final playoff spot until Spezza goes down for his customary 10-20 games and we plummet to the bottom of the standings.
OH ANDRE!!

__________________
Hrundi Bakshi (Peter Sellers) in the movie The PartyWisdom is the province of the aged, BUT the heart of a child is pure!!
nanuuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:04 PM
  #56
Tundraman
GoneCountry
 
Tundraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North
Posts: 5,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I try to make the board nice and neat and all I get for my troubles is angry letters.

My mod powers broke for like 10 minutes after the game because of all the trolling going on and not a single thank you.

You keep saying you're not a girl but my my all the crying. You're so sensitive.

For the hard work you deserve hugs all around but you'll get

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
  #57
DylanSensFan
Walk On!
 
DylanSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I try to make the board nice and neat and all I get for my troubles is angry letters.

My mod powers broke for like 10 minutes after the game because of all the trolling going on and not a single thank you.

Yeah, I apologize for that and Thank you... but there are some serious issues.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:05 PM
  #58
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
Yea, Weise. But that picture was 3 years ago or so.
Before being drafted he played for the Manitoba Moose (VAN) in the AHL playoffs.

Ah HAAAAA

Damn, WantEggRoll beat me.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:06 PM
  #59
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP View Post
Write it again. I'm interested.
OK, here it goes...

Our play was sloppy, yet I couldn't really find any individual to blame, except maybe Cowen and Gonchar. I think our play got disorganized after the Kuba injury, as he was playing a very solid game.

But so many positives! Where to start? Phillips has been a monster lately, and I'm not even a Phillips fan usually! His increased involvement offensively seems to have given him more confidence in his plays in general, whether they are of the offensive or defensive kind.

Karlsson is our best player game in and game out. I just can't stop grinning like a dumbass whenever I see him play. He's like a mix of a figure skater and a soccer player, mounted on an energizer bunny. And Rundblad is not far behind...

Not much to add to all the Z. Smith and Michalek praise.

I thought Alfie played his best game since returning from injury. Plenty of nice passes and smart plays. The old energy isn't there anymore but if he can play like this he'll still be a positive contributor on the 2nd line. He was reunited with Spezza and Michalek near the end when Stache gave up on using Butler with Spezza.

Greening has disappeared of late, what's wrong with him? Butler is a mini-Heatley, in that he can be invisible yet get a few good scoring opportunities. Still needs to work harder IMO.

We really need Neil and Carkner back. What will the lines look like if Filly is sidelined with that broken nose?

Greening - Spezza - Butler
Michalek - Foligno - Alfie
Daug - Z. Smith - Condra <- two points late in the game: elite stamina! Discuss.)
Konopka - Winchester - Neil <- the 4th line from hell!

Well of course my first write-up was Pullitzer-worthy, but this one will do...

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:07 PM
  #60
The Latvian
#rooster #classless
 
The Latvian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,104
vCash: 500
I expect Kuba to be out around 7-10 days. Filatov should be back next game with a cage. That's how i see it anyway.

We need Gonch on the point on the PP, he is so good at pinching. As much as I want to see Rundblad and Karlsson back there. We need Gonchar there for the moment.

Our third line has to be one of the best in the NHL. And they are getting the time they deserve. Smith with 18+ min tonight, Condra 17+. Anyone know our PK% since Daug got recalled.

Andy was big for us to night. Saw Garrioch retweet a something about all four goals being stopable and andy wasn't ver good tonight.

The Latvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:08 PM
  #61
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,077
vCash: 500
yeah, not enough talk about phillips here. he is looking faster and more mobile than i can remember. He really worked hard this off season and it is paying off.
way to go philly! we salute you

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:08 PM
  #62
WantEggRoll
Registered User
 
WantEggRoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Before being drafted he played for the Manitoba Moose (VAN) in the AHL playoffs.

Ah HAAAAA

Damn, WantEggRoll beat me.
Don't worry someone like two-four posts above beat me too.

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:08 PM
  #63
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,053
vCash: 500
The sloppy played could be explained simply that one team had legs and the other didn't. They had a forocious forecheck and they physically imposed themself on us all game.

Playoff like atmosphere and our guys took a while to anti up.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:11 PM
  #64
ICdave
HFB Partner
 
ICdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,839
vCash: 500
Chaotic game guys.

Here is audio from Zack Smith and coach MacLean.

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:12 PM
  #65
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,053
vCash: 500
What a blessing we get to watch Erik Karlsson lead the rush every night. What a ****in treat.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:26 PM
  #66
WantEggRoll
Registered User
 
WantEggRoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 177
You know if the standings keep going this way, how interesting would it be to see Toronto finish 2nd/3rd/4th and Ottawa finish 7th/6th/5th to meet them. First year with a bunch of young guys and the rebirth of the battle of Ontario in the playoffs would be sweet.

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:27 PM
  #67
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The sloppy played could be explained simply that one team had legs and the other didn't. They had a forocious forecheck and they physically imposed themself on us all game.

Playoff like atmosphere and our guys took a while to anti up.
I noticed this as well, the sens didn't handle the physical play very well. Winnipeg was able to take some pretty big runs at are skilled players and no one did anything. Also the sens didn't play much of a physical game at all; very little pressure on the forecheck and the d gave the jets forwards way too much time and space. This should all change when Neil and Carkner are back in the lineup. I expect that when Neil and Carkner are in the lineup, that we see far more aggressive physical play from all players and especially more aggressive play from Smith, Cowen, Greening, Foligno and Konopka.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:33 PM
  #68
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
What a blessing we get to watch Erik Karlsson lead the rush every night. What a ****in treat.
rundblad is pretty much on pace to match karlsson's offense from his first year too. i can see karlsson really helping rundblad in the next couple years. there's a possibility we'll have two of these offensive monsters sooner than later.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:35 PM
  #69
DylanSensFan
Walk On!
 
DylanSensFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 1470
wait until Karlsson and Rundblad have some more offensive minded forwards to set up.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:35 PM
  #70
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
You know if the standings keep going this way, how interesting would it be to see Toronto finish 2nd/3rd/4th and Ottawa finish 7th/6th/5th to meet them. First year with a bunch of young guys and the rebirth of the battle of Ontario in the playoffs would be sweet.
Haven't even considered the possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I noticed this as well, the sens didn't handle the physical play very well. Winnipeg was able to take some pretty big runs at are skilled players and no one did anything. Also the sens didn't play much of a physical game at all; very little pressure on the forecheck and the d gave the jets forwards way too much time and space. This should all change when Neil and Carkner are back in the lineup. I expect that when Neil and Carkner are in the lineup, that we see far more aggressive physical play from all players and especially more aggressive play from Smith, Cowen, Greening, Foligno and Konopka.
Yeah we didn't seem ready for any of it. This was SO FAR from the usual Tueday night intensity in November...Winnipeg came out like it was playoffs and they had the atmosphere in the building to do it. When players go to Montreal they know what to expect. Our first trip to Winnipeg in however many years it's been was certainly a surprise I think.

We'll see a physical push back next time around I bet.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:39 PM
  #71
Sakaarnis
Registered User
 
Sakaarnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bay of smokes
Country: Iceland
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
Our third line has to be one of the best in the NHL. And they are getting the time they deserve. Smith with 18+ min tonight, Condra 17+. Anyone know our PK% since Daug got recalled.
Crunched the numbers - 74/65 = 87.8%. Thats an elite number and would rank top5 in NHL.

Sakaarnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:43 PM
  #72
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
rundblad is pretty much on pace to match karlsson's offense from his first year too. i can see karlsson really helping rundblad in the next couple years. there's a possibility we'll have two of these offensive monsters sooner than later.
The rate at which the team moves is going to be so much faster because of those two. My excitement over Karlsson isn't really about numbers....it's that ability to grab the puck and within 2 seconds and 3 steps he's ahead of our forwards. The kids stride is poetic, he's one of the most gracefully artistic players in the game.

And you're right, Rundblad's not far behind (or ahead depending on your preference). He's got a weird ability to make defenders miss, or even make them deke themselves out.

Both of them get the puck forward marvelously though.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:52 PM
  #73
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free
 
Nac Mac Feegle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
What a blessing we get to watch Erik Karlsson lead the rush every night. What a ****in treat.


He is one of the few players in this league that makes something happen nearly every shift he's on the ice.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:55 PM
  #74
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,222
vCash: 500
I still like Craig Anderson.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 11:57 PM
  #75
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 14,285
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
The rate at which the team moves is going to be so much faster because of those two. My excitement over Karlsson isn't really about numbers....it's that ability to grab the puck and within 2 seconds and 3 steps he's ahead of our forwards. The kids stride is poetic, he's one of the most gracefully artistic players in the game.

And you're right, Rundblad's not far behind (or ahead depending on your preference). He's got a weird ability to make defenders miss, or even make them deke themselves out.

Both of them get the puck forward marvelously though.
What I love about having Karlsson and Rundblad on the team is they are completely different kinds of players.

Karlsson is a balls to the walls, do everything at an incredibly high speed type of player who is able to think the game at a crazy fast speed, where as Rundblad likes to slow the game down and is a more cerebral guy on the ice. It's really going to effect the other team's game plan when they have to change defending styles from a fast pace to a slow pace in 1 shift.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.