HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Halts the flight! 6-4 Win!

Old
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
TheWeb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
It has been 2 games since our last TMM penalty
love it.

Just came to post that the Spezza goal was breathtaking. Four or five real good passes before his finish. JUst awesome.

TheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Btw how is the situation with Kuba and Filatov? Lee is with you on the trip but IMO when Filatov is not play somebody from Bingo would be called earlier and Filatov would sent to Ottawa so IMO he will play.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Euclid
Futbol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
I see some of you posting here and in the Winnipeg GDT that they dominated us all game.

I'm not sure what game you were watching but the game I saw had us trading chances all game. Andy played great, but they hardly dominated us... . The better team won tonight.

As for Smith's goal, if you watched the feed I had you could clearly see from overhead that Pav did not control the puck. Hence no reason to blow the play dead.

Why anyone would feel the need to go over to another team's GDT/PGT and try to appease them with agreements on their "dominant play" and bull***t goals is embarrassing for sens fans everywhere.
I went and told them I felt we didn't deserve that goal because I honestly didn't think it should have counted.

When it went in, I was like, "Oh, there probably just going to call it back." When the refs didn't, I pretty much leapt off the couch (both cheering and laughing at Pavalec's expression).

I've watched the goal 4 or 5 times now, and I dont' think it's such a BS goal anymore. My first impression (from both the live game and replay) was that Pavalec had it under his blocker for a good couple seconds and Smith dug it out. Now it looks as though it was sitting right next to his blocker and he never actually covered it.

The goal looked bad, and if it had been whistled down before Smith scored I doubt any of us would be complaining about a blown chance.

EDIT:

Karlsson has been held off the scoresheet only 7 times in 24 games. Talk about consistency.

Euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:36 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
congrats on the win, must say Erik Karlsson is a force out there on the ice what a stud.

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:43 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

The thing with Karlsson is the game/puck comes to him. He makes things happen. It feels like a good 90% of the time when he gets the puck in our end, he skates it up ice, dekes out the forecheck, and gets to the opposing blue line. All in about 2 seconds, without breaking sweat.

If he could just get a lucky break on a goal, to get some mojo back.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:02 AM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
I agree with most of the content of this post except this is a bit over the line. No need to get nasty. I've found that one of the worst traits that a lot of Sens fans seem to have is their respect for fellow Sens fans.

With that said I agree with the rest. They didn't dominate us the whole game they spent some time looking very dominant which skewed the overall impression of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalott613 View Post
This is so true...If some random Sens fan is maybe abit over the line or a little wrong in their assesment when arguing with another fan base, there's no need to throw them under the bus. We have to stick together, there isn't many of us out there.

After reading through all of the crap they were saying about our team, and us, only to have our people go over there trying to make them feel better, rankled a bit.

Didn't mean to throw anyone under the bus, perhaps less forceful wording next time. I get worked up after a game sometimes too

Ice-Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
I basically just tried to point out that they shouldn't have counted us out while trying to remain respectful by commending their efforts. Alas they decided to continue acting foolish anyways, but I still don't see any of those "pigs" "redneck" comments one Winnipeg fan was saying we were dishing out, so who knows.

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:17 PM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ View Post
I went and told them I felt we didn't deserve that goal because I honestly didn't think it should have counted.

When it went in, I was like, "Oh, there probably just going to call it back." When the refs didn't, I pretty much leapt off the couch (both cheering and laughing at Pavalec's expression).

I've watched the goal 4 or 5 times now, and I dont' think it's such a BS goal anymore. My first impression (from both the live game and replay) was that Pavalec had it under his blocker for a good couple seconds and Smith dug it out. Now it looks as though it was sitting right next to his blocker and he never actually covered it.

The goal looked bad, and if it had been whistled down before Smith scored I doubt any of us would be complaining about a blown chance.

EDIT:

Karlsson has been held off the scoresheet only 7 times in 24 games. Talk about consistency.
The ref was in perfect position on that play too, just to the side of the net, he could see perfectly that the puck was still free. He circled to the back of the net once it got poked free and Smith scored.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
Alas they decided to continue acting foolish anyways, but I still don't see any of those "pigs" "redneck" comments one Winnipeg fan was saying we were dishing out, so who knows.
Yeah, I don't know what that kid was talking about. That would be a pretty below the belt comment but I don't recall anyone saying such a thing.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Btw how is the situation with Kuba and Filatov? Lee is with you on the trip but IMO when Filatov is not play somebody from Bingo would be called earlier and Filatov would sent to Ottawa so IMO he will play.
Tweet: SunDoniBDon Brennan

Nikita Filatov does not have a broken nose after all and expects to play Thursday in Dallas.

Tweet: ian_mendesIan Mendes

Filatov just told me his nose isn't completely broken. X-ray revealed fracture.

Filatov says he should be able to play tomorrow vs DAL. Reason he didn't come back vs WPG was headache/dizziness from hit.

Chris Neil says he could probably play tomorrow in Dallas. But team may be cautious because ankle sprains can often be re-aggravated.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
SunDoniBDon Brennan

Nikita Filatov does not have a broken nose after all and expects to play Thursday in Dallas.

ian_mendesIan Mendes

Filatov says he should be able to play tomorrow vs DAL. Reason he didn't come back vs WPG was headache/dizziness from hit.
Good news!

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Holdurbreathe

Filip Kuba (upper body) doubtful for tomorrow. MacLean says Brian Lee would be a more likely option than Carkner

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Filatov just told me his nose isn't completely broken. X-ray revealed fracture.
Filly don't do broken noses.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Exique*
Classless Senatroll

Daug is beastin' out there - 5 points in the last 7 games http://senators.nhl.com/club/player....2&view=gamelog

I just hope he stays here for good(even when we have a completely healthy roster)

Exique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 04:15 PM
KBADCJET

vCash: 1580
Entertaining game guys. Congrats on the win.

KBADCJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:07 PM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

Anyone know the name of the song that starts playing after Spezza ties it up 4-4?

Starts at 3:45

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...nav-video-main

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:13 PM
StikTBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
Anyone know the name of the song that starts playing after Spezza ties it up 4-4?

Starts at 3:45

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...nav-video-main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ&ob=av2e

StikTBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:15 PM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikTBo View Post
Thanks

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:37 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantEggRoll View Post
I basically just tried to point out that they shouldn't have counted us out while trying to remain respectful by commending their efforts. Alas they decided to continue acting foolish anyways, but I still don't see any of those "pigs" "redneck" comments one Winnipeg fan was saying we were dishing out, so who knows.
That was the same Jets fan who posted in the Sens GDT that we had paid off the the reffs,and a few other similar posts that riled people up.
Then he went back to his board and proclaimed that he had lost respect for Sens fans as they said such terrible things about the Jets and Winnipeg.

It was a comedy show all right, lots of good natured ribbng at first that turned nasty really fast for some reason.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote