HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 03:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1C1L1AN78 View Post
Didn't know where to post this but does anyone know what calgary players have no movement clause or no trade clause ??
http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=9

Go over the lock image.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I would also keep Pacioretty. What if Anaheim asked for Eller to be part of a package for Ryan? As much as I like what Eller, I'd probably have to agree to that one.
Eller in a deal for Ryan? In a heartbeat. I'd do something like Eller, Weber, Kostitsyn and picks. But I doubt that would get it done.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Teufelsdreck

I have Weber in my crosshairs. He's not been as good as Streit and he's been robbing Emelin of ice time. I don't even see him as a forward because room should be made for White.

Old
11-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Seriously?
Well I think we have 7 players with NTC's and only 3 were given out by Bob Gainey(Gio Cammy and Spacek). I don't want Gio or cammy traded and Spacek we probably wouldn't find a taker for his 3.8 mil right now.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
You might have something there. I could see that as a real possibility.
I'd do it IMO. Semin is a raw talent and just doesn't fit anymore in Wash.

But he would'nt fit here with Martin's boring style either.

I think a line Semin Plekanec Cole could do some damage
Paciorrety Desharnais Gionta.

Just my opinion.

The deal that makes the most sense would be Stewart for Cammalleri IMO Blues needs a sniper and we need size so it would be a fair swap.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:18 PM
sheed36

Guy's who's this "The_Creasy" guy on twitter? As he gotten any rumors right in the past? I was just reading some of his updates and they're quite interesting..

Old
11-29-2011, 05:01 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Well I think we have 7 players with NTC's and only 3 were given out by Bob Gainey(Gio Cammy and Spacek). I don't want Gio or cammy traded and Spacek we probably wouldn't find a taker for his 3.8 mil right now.
Only Gionta has a full NTC tho. Cammy & Spacek have limited NTCs. Usually in those instances the players name some teams they don't want to be traded too. In the case of Gomez, he can list 3 teams he doesn't want to be traded to. For Cammy & Spacek there's probably more teams they can list, but I don't know what those are.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post

Just my opinion.

The deal that makes the most sense would be Stewart for Cammalleri IMO Blues needs a sniper and we need size so it would be a fair swap.
Please no, I don't want that floater anywhere near this team, watching him float for two years in COL was enough.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:41 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Please no, I don't want that floater anywhere near this team, watching him float for two years in COL was enough.
Yeah, it seems that some St. Louis fans are already disenchanted with him. He's in an amazing amount of trade proposals on the trade board & it's the Blues fans trading him away. lol Too bad really because he is a huge, tough seriously talented man, but right now it looks like's going to be another Penner rather than a Shanahan.

Blues should be getting Perron back soon too. He's in full contact practice with the team. He will help them a lot if he comes back the player he was before he left with the concussion.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:23 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Guy's who's this "The_Creasy" guy on twitter? As he gotten any rumors right in the past? I was just reading some of his updates and they're quite interesting..
It is against HF Board rules to discuss non-approved rumour-mongers. I can tell you, though, that he only appeared in the last 10 days or so....

Last edited by groovejuice: 11-29-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old
11-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post

Just my opinion.

The only way I'd do that Semin ideal is if they took Gomez or he was relatively cheap and we could ship Gomez to Hamilton...not sure why everybody is so quick to throw Cammy under the bus he's playing hurt and not 100%.

Old
11-29-2011, 10:53 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Eller in a deal for Ryan? In a heartbeat. I'd do something like Eller, Weber, Kostitsyn and picks. But I doubt that would get it done.
I would be against any trade involving quatlity youth that we have on the team which to me is Eller, Pacioretty, Price, Subban

I would offer Anaheim Camallari, Weber and 1st in 2013 for Bobby Ryan. They get additional depth on D, they get a quality goal scorer who my strive better under warm temperature and we get one more big Boddy in front.

Would give us a nice top 3 line
Kostsistsyn, Plekanek, Ryan
Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole
Moen, Eller, Gionta

Old
11-30-2011, 02:04 AM
S Bah

Ryan Getzlaf hasn't had a very good season along with Bobby Ryan,if Montreal packaged a deal with Gionta,Gomez,Cammalleri,Palushaj and Weber,both teams might get the lift they need.Something needs to happen to shake up both teams no doubt about it.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:20 AM
NamberSixthy8

Ok heres what we can do with a little effort. Calgary is getting sick of Iginla and Montreal had it with Gomez so perhaps we could try to work something out but while I`m typing this I just realised why would Calgary would want to have somoene who didn`t score a goal in 50 games. God dammit hes a dead weight even on paper.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamberSixthy8 View Post
Ok heres what we can do with a little effort. Calgary is getting sick of Iginla and Montreal had it with Gomez so perhaps we could try to work something out but while I`m typing this I just realised why would Calgary would want to have somoene who didn`t score a goal in 50 games. God dammit hes a dead weight even on paper.
Iginla is the face of the franchise...I doubt they are "sick of him".

Old
11-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Ryan Getzlaf hasn't had a very good season along with Bobby Ryan,if Montreal packaged a deal with Gionta,Gomez,Cammalleri,Palushaj and Weber,both teams might get the lift they need.Something needs to happen to shake up both teams no doubt about it.
Getzlaf is probably untoucheable unless we include Price and Subban.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:23 AM
otto bond

Enough guys.....management doesn't have the quaunus to make this kind of deal. Look at PG's moves and they are all for depth players playing in the bottom 6 and in the minors.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Enough guys.....management doesn't have the quaunus to make this kind of deal. Look at PG's moves and they are all for depth players playing in the bottom 6 and in the minors.
We're looking more and more like Detroit in that regard.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:42 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
I would be against any trade involving quatlity youth that we have on the team which to me is Eller, Pacioretty, Price, Subban

I would offer Anaheim Camallari, Weber and 1st in 2013 for Bobby Ryan. They get additional depth on D, they get a quality goal scorer who my strive better under warm temperature and we get one more big Boddy in front.

Would give us a nice top 3 line
Kostsistsyn, Plekanek, Ryan
Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole
Moen, Eller, Gionta
Anaheim is a budget team. There's no way they want Cammy. He makes $7m in each of the last two years of his contract. Ryan is making $5,56m in each of the next three years. He has a very solid contract.

The Ducks are looking to do what the Flyers did this past summer, and trade for two young players who are cheaper than the player they traded. They need to add depth at all positions tho, with the exception of goal.

Carter went for Jacob Voracek, a 1st (Couturier) and a 2011 3rd. Richards went for: Schenn, Simmonds & a 2nd.

For Ryan, they'd probably want a 1st rdr, a high quality prospect, and a couple of good players they can plug into their line-up that add up to Ryan's salary. They are ridiculously thin at centre after Getzlaf at the NHL level, and don't have a lot of centre prospects outside of Holland.

Something like Eller, Tinordi, 2012 1st & Kostitsyn for Ryan & a 3rd. I don't mind trading away our 1st for a legit power forward like Ryan. OTOH, neither do I want to trade away a potential lottery pick like the Leafs did with Kessel, especially in this year's draft.

Let's see how the team does with Markov & Campoli on the blueline. If we move up the standings & out of the top 10 for this year's draft then we could discuss a trade for Ryan, but if we continue to play .500 or fall further behind the top 8 then I want the Habs to be sellers and not buyers this year.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:52 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Gauthier certainly had the kohonees to pull the trigger on the Eller deal and to sign two rookie defencemen in Emelin and Diaz,to play in real time NHL games this season.Pierre is not a GM that gets rattled into making deals that will hurt his team.Louis Leblanc gets his turn to strut his game tonight and he's going to open some eyes!Lots of people claimed he was chosen simply to satisfy the fans at the Montreal Entry Draft,well it certainly looked like he should have been chosen earlier than he was,to anyone watching his play at the WJHC last year.Now that Tinordi is the Captain of the Knights and they are the top CHL team for weeks. I guess his trading up to ensure getting Jarred is another gem left dangling to long for those that were picking.Then there is Beaulieu that mysteriously fell to the Habs,a player on the best team in the league being scouted continually all year and they never noticed him nice move Pierre.There is a lot more if I had the time which I don't,Mr. Bond catch me another day.

Old
11-30-2011, 11:02 AM
EveryDay

Hope we got Ryan

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ana111130.html

Old
11-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
I hope note...

Obviously Ryan is a much better/surer player than Eller at this point (also much more expensive).

But with Pleks/DD and no other legitimate top-6 C in our organizational depth, moving Eller now would be idiotic.

we finally have a big-framed C with skill and we trade him before he establishes himself??? no thanks.

DD, sure, Cammalleri, Gionta, Cole, sure...

but Eller we need to hang on to, at least to the end of next season. If he isn't clearly a top-6 caliber player by then, sure, start to consider packaging him in the right deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I have Weber in my crosshairs. He's not been as good as Streit and he's been robbing Emelin of ice time. I don't even see him as a forward because room should be made for White.
if we move him, we'll regret it very shortly after. His value right now likely isn't much, but I'm telling you, he's going to be a very good top-4, if not top-2, dman by the time he's in his late 20's.

he's 23... his offensive production is already quite good (on pace for ~30pts in what would be his first full season), and his defensive game will only continue to improve.

Spacek and Gill are the ones "robbing" Emelin of ice time... Gill should be a ~15min/game player, with 3-4 of those minutes coming on PK, and Spacek should be sitting in the press box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
i dunno, and no clue if he's at all legit, but if any of what he's saying does come true it would be pretty mind-blowing...

Iginla on his way to town, with neither Maxpac/subban going the other way!

if you do the math, it would have to mean some serious salary going the other way (spacek, cammy, Gomez )

let's see:

it could be simple...

To Mtl
Iginla

To Cgy
Cammalleri
2nd
palushaj

or it could be complicated and massive:

To Mtl
Iginla
Sarich
Stajan
Moss
Morrison

2011/2012 cap hit = 16.625M
2012/2013 cap hit = 10.5 (2 players) + 2 UFA's (moss/sarich)

To Cgy
Cammy
Spacek
Gomez
Gallagher
2nd

2011/2012 cap hit = 17.2M
2012/2013 cap hit = 13.4M (2 players) + 1 ufa (spacek)

Calgary gets pick/prospect, + a goal scorer they loved in the city, a veteran centre looking for redemption and a depth veteran dman.
essentially add to their future while still being competitive right now.

Cammalleri- Gomez- Tanguay
bourque- Jokinen- Stempniak
Glencross- Backlund- Comeau
Horak- Jackman- Byron

JBo- Giordano
Smith- Brodie
Spacek- Hannan/Butler

Kipper
Karlsson

Montreal gets best player in the deal, plus 3 depth veteran players, while clearing out Gomez's cap hit.

Gionta-Plekanec- Iginla
MaxPac- DD- Cole
Moss- Eller- Kost
Moen- Stajan- Morrison
Darche/Noke

Markov- Emelin
Gorges- Subban
Gill- Weber/Diaz
Sarich

Price
Budaj

Old
11-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
if we move him, we'll regret it very shortly after. His value right now likely isn't much, but I'm telling you, he's going to be a very good top-4, if not top-2, dman by the time he's in his late 20's.

he's 23... his offensive production is already quite good (on pace for ~30pts in what would be his first full season), and his defensive game will only continue to improve.
I like all of Weber (though not as much as you, I don't see him ever being strong enough for top 2 duties), Diaz and Emelin. However, I think the Habs will have to choose between them. For most dmen, learning how to play in the NHL is a long and winding road. I don't think it's wise to carry 3 dmen going through that learning curve at the same time. Once healthy, I'd keep Campoli and shop one of Diaz and Weber.

Old
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I like all of Weber (though not as much as you, I don't see him ever being strong enough for top 2 duties), Diaz and Emelin. However, I think the Habs will have to choose between them. For most dmen, learning how to play in the NHL is a long and winding road. I don't think it's wise to carry 3 dmen going through that learning curve at the same time. Once healthy, I'd keep Campoli and shop one of Diaz and Weber.
Why can't we keep all 3 for another 18 months, then make a call after their contracts get moire expensive?

It would be nuts to move Diaz or Weber now unless the return is too good to refuse, both are awsome #6-7 d-men when you consider they can play up to 20 minutes and make less than 1 mil. Gill is getting long in the tooth, might be his last year. Campoli as a full UFA(July 1st) probably gets 2-2.75 mil/year on a 3 year deal(7-8 mil total). Spacek is also getting up there in age.

I would keep Gorges(3-6 year deal around 3.25-3.75) and Subban(2 years at 7-8 mil or long term at 5 mil/year) plus Markov with Emelin(will need to pay him around 2-2.5 to keep him from KHL), Weber and Diaz...then sign a big stay at home guy that is younger than Gill(Allen Boychuk or Mitchell type...maybe Suter if he is available).

Old
11-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why can't we keep all 3 for another 18 months, then make a call after their contracts get moire expensive?

It would be nuts to move Diaz or Weber now unless the return is too good to refuse, both are awsome #6-7 d-men when you consider they can play up to 20 minutes and make less than 1 mil. Gill is getting long in the tooth, might be his last year. Campoli as a full UFA(July 1st) probably gets 2-2.75 mil/year on a 3 year deal(7-8 mil total). Spacek is also getting up there in age.

I would keep Gorges(3-6 year deal around 3.25-3.75) and Subban(2 years at 7-8 mil or long term at 5 mil/year) plus Markov with Emelin(will need to pay him around 2-2.5 to keep him from KHL), Weber and Diaz...then sign a big stay at home guy that is younger than Gill(Allen Boychuk or Mitchell type...maybe Suter if he is available).
Diaz and Weber can play up to 20min, but shouldn't on a contender, IMO, especially both at the same time, and especially when there's yet another rookie on the blue line.

I don't think Campoli gets that much, unless does something special in the playoffs this season. He was UFA last offseason, and didn't get much. IMO he's a player type that is underrated in the league. I can see him filling the Spacek role going forward.

I agree with you about signing "a big stay at home guy that is younger than Gill." I actually think two of them would be ideal. Something like:

Gorges-Subban
Markov-UFA
Campoli-Emelin
UFA-Weber/Diaz

For this season, as much flack as they get from fans, I'd trust Spacek and Gill over the rookies, down the stretch and (hopefully) in the playoffs.

Closed Thread