HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposed Trade Thread (11/30 - Rangers kicking tires on Bobby Ryan)

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
I am one of Anisimov's biggest fans; I still would keep Dubinsky over him at this point.

Maybe it is the American bias, who knows. But Dubinsky is more proven (albeit, more expensive) and is the more natural left winger we would need to complete the top 6.

Trade Anisimov, MDZ, P/P and you have

Dubinsky-Stepan-Gaborik
Ryan-Richards-Callahan
Hagelin-Boyle-Prust
Avery-Mitchell-EC/x

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Woywitka-Eminger

Strahlman or Erixon could fill MDZ's spot before Staal returns.

11-30-2011, 02:02 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Watch Ryan fetch less than fans suggest.

Stars are always overrated.
I think a team will end up giving up something similar to what LA gave up for Richards. Overall the two players are in the same league. Actually, maybe even a little less since Ryan is struggling.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:02 PM
gluvhand

Ryan will be dealt long before Fasth's broken leg has healed and he's rehabbed. Take him off your list.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:03 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post

Side note: I wish people woulds stop saying he's only as good as he is due to his line. Same could be said for Getz and Perry too (albeit they are better individual players).
That definitely has influenced his production... Look at the numbers Heatley was able to put up in Ottawa playing alongside Spezza and Alfie... Back to back 50 goal 100+ point seasons....

I don't think Ryan is necessarily a 35 goal / 70+ point player if he was playing for the Rangers... We would never field a line comparable to the Ryan/Getzlaf/Perry combo... Even with Richards & Gaborik in the mix I don't think you would ever see the Rangers stick their 3 best forwards on the same line, we don't have the depth to really get by doing that (nor did the Ducks).... I would picture Ryan as a 30 goal / 60-65 point player for the Rangers giving our roster make-up....

Old
11-30-2011, 02:04 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Players I would be willing to part with (some combination of)

Dubinsky
Anisimov
Erixon
McIlrath
Thomas
and of course, draft picks

Prospects I would not want to include:

Kreider
Miller
Fasth

Hopefully Sather can work his magic.... Ducks being a Western Conference team makes the Rangers a preferential trading partner assuming we can make them a favorable offer....
Definitely no Kreider. I'll be a little pissed if we gave up Miller, but much moreso if it's Kreider

Fasth probably won't be dealt because he got injured

Old
11-30-2011, 02:05 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Why would Anaheim want Del Zotto when they have Fowler? I don't think Del Zotto is going to be a part of any potential Ryan deal.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

The Rangers won't trade Erixon after the stunt he pulled to come here.

Why would we trade away Dubinsky, other than people shooting on him due to a slow start? He is our only top 6 LW. Ryan should compliment, not replace him.

Anisimov seems like a much more likely option. He is actual center. We have a couple guys ahead of him, and a few prospects in the system to replace him.

I dont see any defensemen we can trade except McIlrath. W should keep our top for. MDZ would be redundant and Erixon won't go for the reasons I just stated. Other prospects like V-tank are worthless. They can't be major pieces, just throw-ins.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:07 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Why would Anaheim want Del Zotto when they have Fowler? I don't think Del Zotto is going to be a part of any potential Ryan deal.
The only reason I could see that happening is if the Ducks decide to move Visnovsky as well as Ryan either in that deal or another one.

Maybe the Ryan deal isn't all they are working on?

Old
11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluvhand View Post
Ryan will be dealt long before Fasth's broken leg has healed and he's rehabbed. Take him off your list.
If he was 100% healthy hed help the the ducks this year in exactly the same way, which is zero. Hes an unsigned prospect playing in the SEL.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Why would we trade away Dubinsky, other than people shooting on him due to a slow start? He is our only top 6 LW. Ryan should compliment, not replace him.
Because the Ducks are going to want an NHL ready player coming their way that can make an impact in their top 6. And if Ryan & Dubi play the same position, they can't compliment each other.... Ryan would be a significant upgrade over Dubinsky in terms of offensive production and goal scoring, however Rangers would have to add more to the offer to try and finagle that type of deal.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:11 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

Big difference between a slow start and a characteristically inconsistent player proving to again be not only inconsistent, but unsettled as far as his niche on the team/in the league. I don't know how Ryan is a compliment for Dubinsky, when Ryan is a much better player than Dubinsky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The only reason I could see that happening is if the Ducks decide to move Visnovsky as well as Ryan either in that deal or another one.

Maybe the Ryan deal isn't all they are working on?
I, for one, would be very interested in seeing Visnovsky arrive, as well. It would certainly bring us closer to contention for the remainder of Richards' prime. Unfortunately, the Rangers won't part with what would be required to facilitate that, I imagine. I don't believe that Del Zotto's value is very high, either.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Not really interested in Visnovsky at this juncture, he's looked very bad this season. Then again, so have most of the Ducks players - for Ryan, I think that Anaheim would want one of McIlrath or Erixon coming back should they be looking at defenseman. I stand by my Dubinsky + Mcilrath/Erixon + 1st deal. Add another prospect if necessary.

11-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Isn't Visnovsky on IR and therefore unable to be traded?

Old
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Vitto79

Sabres rumoured in the mix. This could be a Brad Richards sweepstakes all over again

This could be interesting if they do indeed move him

Old
11-30-2011, 02:25 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Not really interested in Visnovsky at this juncture, he's looked very bad this season. Then again, so have most of the Ducks players - for Ryan, I think that Anaheim would want one of McIlrath or Erixon coming back should they be looking at defenseman. I stand by my Dubinsky + Mcilrath/Erixon + 1st deal. Add another prospect if necessary.
If Anaheim demanded Dubi + AA + 1st, would you do it? Sounds like a lot for the Rangers to give up in terms of their depth but both Dubi & AA has been plagued by inconsistency and consider this potential top 6 line-up moving forward into next season:

Ryan - Stepan - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Callahan

*drools*

Old
11-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Miller Time NYR
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'd make that deal, tho id much rather try and sub out that first for a 2nd and MZA.

With all the injuries to this draft class I really want to have a first rounder to try nd get a real steal.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:30 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Having a tough time seeing how Buffalo would fit Ryan. Currently at 0 cap space with Miller on the IR. Do they trade Derek Roy? There goes their best center. He also makes a million less than Ryan. Ducks aren't taking Leino who stinks or Boyes who is t great and is a UFA next year. Stafford? Seems like apples to apples and he also makes a million less than Ryan. Tyler myers isnt being traded.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:30 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
If Anaheim demanded Dubi + AA + 1st, would you do it? Sounds like a lot for the Rangers to give up in terms of their depth but both Dubi & AA has been plagued by inconsistency and consider this potential top 6 line-up moving forward into next season:

Ryan - Stepan - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Callahan

*drools*
You dont do both because Kreider is not here right now. The team is competing. In fact they arent just competing they are making a name for themselves. They just beat the caps, flyers, and penguins. Theyre going somewhere this year. You dont move both AA and Dubinsky.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Big difference between a slow start and a characteristically inconsistent player proving to again be not only inconsistent, but unsettled as far as his niche on the team/in the league. I don't know how Ryan is a compliment for Dubinsky, when Ryan is a much better player than Dubinsky.
I think this consistency thing has been blown way outa proportion and beaten to death by fans regarding Dubinsky. I mean give me a break, every player's season has high's and lows, surges and droughts. 54 points last season, I mean what do you really want, those points to be evenly distributed among all the games he played to be considered "consistent"? Who cares?

The guy is what he is, a solid forward and a 45-55 point player. That doesn't make him inconsistent.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

DO NOT trade ANY of our core defensemen.

UNTOUCHABLE:
-Lundqvist, Biron, Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, Del Zotto, Richards, Gaborik, Stepan, Callahan, Hagelin, Prust

AVAILABLE:
-ONE of McIlrath or Erixon.
-ONE of Kreider, Miller, Thomas.
-One of Anisimov, Dubinsky.
-1st round pick.

If that's not enough, then no thanks.

Even then, I have an extremely hard time letting even one of Kreider, Miller, or Thomas go.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonansgoal View Post
I think this consistency thing has been blown way outa proportion and beaten to death by fans regarding Dubinsky. I mean give me a break, every player's season has high's and lows, surges and droughts. 54 points last season, I mean what do you really want, those points to be evenly distributed among all the games he played top be considered "consistent"? Who cares?

The guy is what he is, a solid forward and a 45-55 point player. That doesn't make him inconsistent.
10 goals in 18 games to start the year.

13 in the next 59.

If that isn't consistent...

Old
11-30-2011, 02:41 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

McIlrath, Thomas, Valentenko, 1st round pick 2012, 2nd round pick 2013, and Wolski.

McIlrath-Fowler could be a future pair for them.
Thomas has 1st line potential.
Valentenko could log minutes right now for them.
1st and 2nd round picks are self explanatory.
Wolski because he has top 6 potential at times, we need to move salary and he is an expiring contract.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Noonansgoal

Quote:
10 goals in 18 games to start the year.

13 in the next 59.

If that isn't consistent...

That's hockey. I don't know what to tell ya. It's not like he doesn't put up points when he's not scoring goals, or do any of the things away from the puck that make him a good player.

Nobody called Perry an inconsistent scorer because he went on a tear in only the 2nd half of the season to finish with 50.

I just think that inconsistent is a strong word that gets thrown around too easily when scouting a player.

Most, if not all players who score 20-25 goals will hit streaks and droughts in an 82 game season in terms of goal scoring, simply because of that math.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
McIlrath, Thomas, Valentenko, 1st round pick 2012, 2nd round pick 2013, and Wolski.

McIlrath-Fowler could be a future pair for them.
Thomas has 1st line potential.
Valentenko could log minutes right now for them.
1st and 2nd round picks are self explanatory.
Wolski because he has top 6 potential at times, we need to move salary and he is an expiring contract.
That's a whole lot of stuff that doesn't help Anaheim in the short term, which is what they're after.

You're not getting him without sending at least one solid NHLer back in the deal. Dubinsky makes the most sense for cap reasons, or Anisimov if Wolski is waived or included as a cap dump.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:45 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

So, is this still rumor, or are there "serious" negotiations going on?

Closed Thread