HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Lightning-Canucks potential deal?

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 04:07 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

vCash: 500
Lightning-Canucks potential deal?

With all this talk about Schneider and Luongo in Canucks forum I was wondering how do ya Lightning fans feel about a Lecavalier-Luongo as the main piece in a deal?

Old
11-30-2011, 04:14 AM
BoltSTH

Vinny is going nowhere. He has a NMC until he is 39 and with the current owner and GM he would never waive it, or be asked to waive it.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:57 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Purcell + 2nd or conditional 1st for Schneider

Old
11-30-2011, 06:41 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Big no for me. In no way do I want to give up Vinny and I'm not a fan of Luongo.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:05 AM
sdbullet

Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
How about Luongo and Andrew Alberts for Kubina, Roloson and Carter Ashton

Old
11-30-2011, 07:08 AM
newham89

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbullet View Post
Deal

Old
11-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I fear that Luongo is not clutch. I also don't like the length of his contract, to be honest.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:42 AM
Rschmitz

Quote:
I don't trust Luongo enough to commit that much over that long to him. Schneider is the one I would be after.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:58 AM
sdbullet

Send a message via AIM to sdbullet
Schneider would likely cost Brett Connolly+, I am not Tampa would want to do that.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Schneider would likely cost Brett Connolly+, I am not Tampa would want to do that.
Nope, you're right on that. That is not going to happen.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:56 AM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Come on guys, Im not a Nucks fan, I would say Im closer to being a Lightning fan than a Nucks one but I think this is funny. Someone complain about Luongos contract compared to Lecavalier? dont Lecavalier have a worser contract than Luongo with a higher cap hit? And Luongo is still considered to be a elite player, can the same be said for Lecavalier?

Old
11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample XIX View Post
Come on guys, Im not a Nucks fan, I would say Im closer to being a Lightning fan than a Nucks one but I think this is funny. Someone complain about Luongos contract compared to Lecavalier? dont Lecavalier have a worser contract than Luongo with a higher cap hit? And Luongo is still considered to be a elite player, can the same be said for Lecavalier?
Guess it depends on what you mean by elite. He's not very likely to ever win the Richard again, but Lecavalier is proof that there is a whole lot more to a complete player than what shows up on the stat sheet. He is scoring more now than the past few years. Now that he is completely healthy he is physical and gets into the nasty areas to muck and grind. He's also winning faceoffs, backchecking like I have never seen from him before (and doing it well) and doing all the little things that make up a very good player. I don't actually cringe now when I think of him being captain and I haven't been able to say that before.

All of the other stuff applies when it comes to talking about trading Vinny. Face of the franchise, NMC, community work, etc...But all of that is secondary to the fact that he's now playing well and it is a bad time to trade him. Yeah, the contract is bad, but Luongo's isn't good either and the payoff just isn't there for the Lightning to make that deal.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
I've said it before. Lecavalier will never be traded. Crosby is more likely to be traded than Lecavalier.

11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
This is all window dressing. Lecavalier is happy, playing fairly well, and has an ironclad NMC through retirement. He isn't going anywhere because he says he isn't going anywhere. It's immaterial how well or poorly Luongo is playing, or how his contract stacks up to that of anyone else. Lecavalier has a veto and he exercises that veto every time. He has a very good deal there.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:35 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

I don't even know if Luongo wants to be here so you're moving Lecavalier who wants to be here even after he retires for a guy who could want out as soon as the 5th year of his deal is up.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:51 AM
Bolts265

Let's see hmmm...the way Vinnie is playing this year vs. the way Luongo is playing this year and his folderama's in the big games.....ahhh...NO!

Old
11-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Oilrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I don't even know if Luongo wants to be here so you're moving Lecavalier who wants to be here even after he retires for a guy who could want out as soon as the 5th year of his deal is up.
There have been rumors for a long time that Luongo would want to return to Florida, since that is where his wife is from, and he was happy there when he played for the Panthers (aside from all the losing, I'm sure). I don't think that is an issue.

Old
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Pie Man
A-Pie

Well just heard, even the expert think Lecavalier for Luongo is crazy since Lecavalier contract is awfull:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...on-for-canucks

"LeBrun: You're on crack if you think there is any way the Canucks would ever touch Lecavalier's contract, which carries a $7.72 million cap hit through the 2019-20 season. Maybe I'm out to lunch, but come playoff time, I predict Luongo will be in net for Game 1. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a diet cola at the Stanley Cup finals, my friend. Until next time."

Old
11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
BoltSTH

ESPN knows nothing about hockey

Old
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Well just heard, even the expert think Lecavalier for Luongo is crazy since Lecavalier contract is awfull:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...on-for-canucks

"LeBrun: You're on crack if you think there is any way the Canucks would ever touch Lecavalier's contract, which carries a $7.72 million cap hit through the 2019-20 season. Maybe I'm out to lunch, but come playoff time, I predict Luongo will be in net for Game 1. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a diet cola at the Stanley Cup finals, my friend. Until next time."
Quote:
...and there always have been whispers the Lightning would like to get out from under the Vincent Lecavalier deal.
uh...what whispers?

Old
11-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Benders Lindyhop

Quote:
uh...what whispers?

Echoes from two years ago apparently. Maybe by the time Vinny actually retires this stuff will go away.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:34 PM
snowden
Man is matter

There's no doubt that the organization would probably like to restructure that deal more favorably to the team but those "whispers" make it sound like they are actively working on it, which seems to not be the case at all.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
IdealisticSniper

I want nothing to do with Luongo. Hes Mr. Non Clutch. Id rather have Roloson than Luongo in the playoffs. AINEC. Not to mention the cap hit isnt bad for his contract but until what 2020? Thats insane for a goalie. So many things to go wrong IE Dipietro.

I wouldnt mind getting Schneider but I think he is being overvalued a good bit right now. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out, but I dont think anything happens until the offseason unless something crazy happens.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
uh...what whispers?
You know, when you're thinking. Whispers.

Old
12-05-2011, 03:43 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I want nothing to do with Luongo. Hes Mr. Non Clutch. Id rather have Roloson than Luongo in the playoffs. AINEC. Not to mention the cap hit isnt bad for his contract but until what 2020? Thats insane for a goalie. So many things to go wrong IE Dipietro.

I wouldnt mind getting Schneider but I think he is being overvalued a good bit right now. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out, but I dont think anything happens until the offseason unless something crazy happens.
Don't understand this logic. Luongo has been as far in the NHL playoffs as Roloson, + has won an olympic gold. I do realize that judgement seems to be marred by his poor start (which Luongo does every October) but the guy was a runner up to the Vezina last year...

I thought the Canucks and Lighting would make great trading partners... main problem now is the Canucks forward depth is looking great. Really all they could use is a top top top young d-man, which would likely be a Hedman type. Other than that there's really no reason to trade Schneider.

Closed Thread