HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 2.0 - Never Trust A Man With Two First Names Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 03:37 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I think it's too soon to make that claim. For all we know, the headaches could return once he starts working out hard again.
Agree it's way too early but pretty sure I read that he started working out on the bike and the light skating was the next step in the progression.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:37 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I think Erixon is going to be a similar player to MDZ minus some physicality and those crazy long stretch passes. I'd still rather not lose MDZ, but it's not going to be the end of the world
Has he actually completed one of those since his rookie year? Don't get me wrong, he's playing better than he did last year, but he still has a ways to go.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Say Del Zotto gets packaged for Ryan. Call me crazy here, but maybe we could sign McCabe as a temporary PP and puck moving solution? He'd play 3rd pairing minutes once Staal gets well, since Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, and Sauer would get the top 4 minutes. Eminger and Woywitka can platoon at the 6/7 spots. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...
I think that's why they signed Strallman. He'd probably get in there, or Erixon.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Has he actually completed one of those since his rookie year? Don't get me wrong, he's playing better than he did last year, but he still has a ways to go.
He completed a few this season, but yeah... he overuses them

MDZ is going to be a good player, but I think his hockey IQ isn't that great. He has a lot of skill, but he's not the smartest player out there in terms of decision making. Usually that kind of thing doesn't just go away. I doubt he'll ever turn into a Doughty or whatever

Old
11-30-2011, 03:44 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Say Del Zotto gets packaged for Ryan. Call me crazy here, but maybe we could sign McCabe as a temporary PP and puck moving solution? He'd play 3rd pairing minutes once Staal gets well, since Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, and Sauer would get the top 4 minutes. Eminger and Woywitka can platoon at the 6/7 spots. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...
Okay, I will call you crazy. No more old, past their prime bums.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:45 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Personally I would rather move Erixon than MDZ, even if it meant throwing in a pick. If we deal either and keep our 1st I would feel ok.

Also personally, I would much rather move McIlrath than either, even if it meant adding a 1st. But I don't see that happening as the organization is clearly sky high on Dylan.

11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
NYRSchrute217

This thread is insane over this rumor. I'd love Ryan though.

Last summer I proposed Girardi, Grachev, a prospect (I wanna say McIlrath), a first and a third. Seems like his value has decreased a tad but I'd love to get him for Dubinsky, Erixon and a 1st.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

wonder if the rangers feel erixon is ready to step in and play with sauer right now. from all accounts he's done a nice job in hartford. anybody here want to speak on this? otherwise i think it would be absolutely crazy to give up one of our top 4 dmen right now it would hurt us badly

Old
11-30-2011, 03:47 PM
NYR Viper

I would move Dubinsky + MDZ in a heartbeat for Bobby Ryan. The Rangers would lose some depth right now but they are getting the far superior player. The Rangers have depth to replace them either this season or coming up through the system.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I think that's why they signed Strallman. He'd probably get in there, or Erixon.
He looked so "meh" against Florida that I completely forgot that we had him. I suppose he'd be an ok fill in for the rest of the season. That's what I see him and McCabe as; fill ins and reinforcements for the playoffs that won't be here next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Okay, I will call you crazy. No more old, past their prime bums.
Haha very well

Old
11-30-2011, 03:49 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
He looked so "meh" against Florida that I completely forgot that we had him. I suppose he'd be an ok fill in for the rest of the season. That's what I see him and McCabe as; fill ins and reinforcements for the playoffs that won't be here next season.

Haha very well
But what I'm saying is that they could have signed McCabe but went with Strallman instead. Dec. 1st is tomorrow too.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

stralman cannot just jump into the top 4 he's awful. and neither can eminger for that matter.

it would have to be erixon. he'd have to be ready to play. granted playing with sauer makes alot of guys look good but this kid would have to be ready to play 20 mins a night.

hey hartford guys what's the deal how has he looked????

Old
11-30-2011, 03:50 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
wonder if the rangers feel erixon is ready to step in and play with sauer right now. from all accounts he's done a nice job in hartford. anybody here want to speak on this? otherwise i think it would be absolutely crazy to give up one of our top 4 dmen right now it would hurt us badly
The Rangers may feel Staal will be back in the next couple of weeks and that Stralman may be a suitable bottom-6 replacement. Will it be a bumpy road until then? Absolutely. But is it worth it in the long-run? Hell yes.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Sauer
Erixon-Eminger
Woywitka, Stralman

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Ryan-Richards-Callahan
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust
Mitchell-______-Hagelin
Christensen

Hurt: Wolski, Rupp

Old
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I would move Dubinsky + MDZ in a heartbeat for Bobby Ryan. The Rangers would lose some depth right now but they are getting the far superior player. The Rangers have depth to replace them either this season or coming up through the system.
MDZ hasn't been great, but he's been good enough to fill a top 4 role. Is Erixon ready to do that? Is Eminger, Woywitka or Stralman?

Sure, we all hope and expect that Staal will be back at some point, but what if he isn't, or what if there are other injuries? As vancouver found out last year, you can never have too much depth on defense.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Garfinkel1

So I know Bobby Ryan is a fantastic player but does he offer enough of an upgrade to ship MDZ off this early in his career?

He had a great rookie year, a terrible sophmore year and has since then progressed looking decent in his own end. He are already one of the top ES teams in the league -- Adding B.Ryan will improve that... yes. But at the cost of our PP without MDZ on the point for one of the units. MDZ is going to continue to improve and could be that PP QB we desperately need and keep seeking to enter 'elite' territory.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:56 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

So when is this trade happening?

Anyway..I don't think Anaheim would want Del Zotto.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:59 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
So when is this trade happening?
Before Feb 27th

Old
11-30-2011, 04:01 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Unless the Rangers fork over their untouchables,they aren't getting Bobby Ryan

Pierre LeBrun chat today

Quote:
Gerry (San Francisco, CA)

Is there any truth to the Bobby Ryan trade rumors? It is very surprising to see a player of his stature to be on the trading block.
Pierre LeBrun (2:05 PM)

As I wrote last night in my blog, http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...abor-deal-talk, multiple sources have confirmed to me that yes indeed the Ducks are LISTENING on Ryan. That doesn't mean they're shopping him. But if and when a team is ready to blow Anaheim out of the water with an offer (think 2-3 pieces), then Ducks might think about it. But it's not a sure thing.
Quote:
Pierre LeBrun (2:23 PM)

First of all, it's not guaranteed the Ducks will trade him; they are LISTENING right now.... but reason for the fact they're even listening is that team has grossly underachieved. Team needs a shake-up. But if Ryan is dealt, believe me when I say it'll be for a hefty, hefty price.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...-pierre-lebrun

Anton Stralman stinks. It took one game before Torts put Woywitka back into the lineup

Stralman is one of those poles/gates you see in downhill skiing at the Olympics every 4 years

Opposing players go through and around him. Worse than a pylon.

Old
11-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Pierre LeBrun chat today

Anton Stralman stinks. It took one game before Torts put Woywitka back into the lineup

Stralman is one of those poles/gates you see in downhill skiing at the Olympics every 4 years

nothing that lebrun just said is something new and nothing there is proof the rangers have to give up an untouchable to get it done.

Old
11-30-2011, 04:04 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Crazy

Old
11-30-2011, 04:07 PM
MSG the place to be*

If (BIG ONE) we make a deal for Ryan he better score some goals because that's really all you can judge a player by. One tap in or two on one conversion a week and he'll be a hero.

Old
11-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
FWIW Gresch's legit FB account.

Ron Greschner
Trade Rumors....New York -----Dubinsky and Del Zotto for Bobby Ryan( YES OR NO)
I've always loved Dubi and MDZ is playing really well but you have to do that deal!

Old
11-30-2011, 04:12 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

I don't think Anaheim would want anything to do with Dubinsky's 4mill cap hit and the way he's playing right now. His value is at an all time low. I still think we should have traded him last year when is value was high. Always thought he was overrated and too inconsistent.

Old
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Pierre LeBrun chat today

Haha, Stralman is like one of those ski pole things isnt he

Old
11-30-2011, 04:15 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Staal's recent progress makes MDZ's position on this team much less of a requiem.
What recent progress? Light skating? Crosby started light skating in March and it took him nine months to play in an NHL game. Maybe it makes it less of an issue next season, but not this one.

------------------------------------------------------

Color me confused about this whole thing. I love Dubinsky as much as anybody, but why exactly would the Ducks move Ryan for him? Ryan is a better player with a cap hit that's not that much more egregious and he's younger. Locker room shake up? I don't buy it. The Ducks need defense. Period. That's their issue right now.

I also don't understand how a package with Del Zotto in it solves that problem. Yes, Del Zotto is extremely young and has tremendous potential. But he certainly isn't some defensive stalwart that solves their issues on the back end.

If Brooks is correct that players like Staal and McDonagh and Sauer are untouchable, as they should be, I really see no way Anaheim is sold on anything that revolves around Del Zotto as the main defense piece. Perhaps if there's more prospects/picks thrown in there, but then it starts getting interesting. People on here who overrate prospects would act like it's insane to throw Kreider into a package like that, but for an NHL team giving up someone like Ryan it makes perfect sense.

If it were as easy as Dubinsky and Del Zotto plus picks to get Ryan he would already be a New York Ranger.

There is literally no reason for the Ducks to swap Ryan for Dubinsky, and not bringing in a defenseman that's forte is playing defense makes no sense.

Closed Thread