HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zibanejad: The kid came back

Old
11-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Afro Thunder*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexytime View Post
I still feel he is going to be ok and nothing spectacular
I said it efore the draft and I'll say it again, Swedish Ryan Kesler without the pest.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
lol, yeah.

Lee's hockey IQ is non-existent. The reason he plays such a basic no frills game is because he knows that's all he can do. Lee's just so underwhelming in all aspects of the game, even if he can fill bottom pairing duty for his career....his inability to do anything very well is going make it hard for him to endear himself to any GM that has him in his future.

He does have his haters that condemn him for every inperfect play he makes (not looking at you)....but this guy may be the ultimate patchhole journeyman defensemen. I think he'll manage some decent longevity in the league if he can handle moving around. He'll find 6-7 Dman work because of how much depth teams need.
I agree with pretty much everything, and I'll even admit I'm not a fan of his.

On top of that, the most offensive part about his original post is how it completely discredits Kuba's strong play this season. He has been playing lots of minutes, tough minutes and looking like a different player than last year. I'm happily eating my crow on that one, because my expectations for Kuba this season were similar to my expectations for Lee.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:00 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Zibanejad is going to prove a lot of nay say wrong next season.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:02 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
I said it efore the draft and I'll say it again, Swedish Ryan Kesler without the pest.
That is definitely better than "okay" comparison.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
I agree with pretty much everything, and I'll even admit I'm not a fan of his.

On top of that, the most offensive part about his original post is how it completely discredits Kuba's strong play this season. He has been playing lots of minutes, tough minutes and looking like a different player than last year. I'm happily eating my crow on that one, because my expectations for Kuba this season were similar to my expectations for Lee.
All about health with Kuba. All of us couldn't handle watching him....but if any of us were on the inside we'd probably know why he struggled. He skated in quick sand last year...he looked like what I felt like my first time on the ice this year after 6 months off skating with lots of guys just commencing Junior seasons...out of place.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
All about health with Kuba. All of us couldn't handle watching him....but if any of us were on the inside we'd probably know why he struggled. He skated in quick sand last year...he looked like what I felt like my first time on the ice this year after 6 months off skating with lots of guys just commencing Junior seasons...out of place.
Yeah, really makes me wonder just how early he came back from that back injury... Never considered it at the time, but he realistically probably shouldn't have even been playing.

It's why I'm hesitant to call him soft these days.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Minister of Offence

Heating up.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=603993

Old
11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Either a joke post, or you know absolutely nothing about hockey whatsoever.

Kuba has been absolutely miles better than Lee this season. To even compare them loses you any credibility.
what are you an expert?

Ok first off, go **** yourself.
ive been here forever and clearly know more about hockey than the vast majority of people on these boards.

l lose all credibility? again, go **** yourself.
Kuba wont be back next year and most likely wont be here past the deadline no matter how big your ***** gets, so i consider him already gone. Gonchar has one more year then gone.
Cowen Karlsson
Runblad Phillips
Carkner
So i see 2 (3 if you include Cowen) who are decent at moving the puck quickly (which is the source of most of the offence creation this year) vs the 5 puck movers we have this year.
Which are the guys in our system that move the puck better and skate better than Lee?
or should we trot out Cowen, Phillips, Carkner, and Gryba to ignite our offence from our own zone?
or should we go out and overpay for one that's no better than Lee?

Kuba has been better than Lee this year? where did i say he hasnt been? Kuba wont be here after the deadline so the sooner he's gone the better so Lee can settle in and he can get back to playing how he played last year which was better than Kuba is playing this year asshat.
You know what would probably help Lee? how about a regular shift?
or is Lee the only NHLer that doesnt play better when he plays every night and has a regular shift?

I guess the 45 games he played last year as our best all around defenceman were all a mirage or maybe wait no.....that's crazy...but just maybe Lee is no, impossible....a decent NHLer when given a regular spot. OH THE HORROR!!!!

Does this mean i think he's better than Runblad or id rather have him in the lineup? or that i dont support Runblad? sure, if you're a retarded simpleton.

im in favour of keeping Lee here playing or not so when Kuba is moved we have an NHL ready defenceman that knows our systems, can effectively move the puck out of our zone passing or skating it and doesnt cost a huge amount.

i know, crazy right? my apologies for looking past the end of my nose.
Seriously, do you know anything about hockey? at all?

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 03:52 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I have a question... was Zibanejad drafted by CHL team?

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 03:54 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I have a question... was Zibanejad drafted by CHL team?
Don't believe so. Doubt they got any indication that there was a chance he'd go.

Ottawa hasn't been very forceful at all in swaying prospects to the CHL...Robin Lehner being the exception and I think that had a lot to do with the fact that before heading to the CHL, Lehner had never really been a starter.

Old
11-30-2011, 04:10 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Don't believe so. Doubt they got any indication that there was a chance he'd go.

Ottawa hasn't been very forceful at all in swaying prospects to the CHL...Robin Lehner being the exception and I think that had a lot to do with the fact that before heading to the CHL, Lehner had never really been a starter.
Thanks

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote