HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 Stars & GBR: Game 21 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

View Poll Results: 3 Stars?
Brian Boyle 1 0.63%
Ryan Callahan 55 34.59%
Michael Del Zotto 5 3.14%
Steve Eminger 6 3.77%
Marian Gaborik 127 79.87%
Dan Girardi 8 5.03%
Carl Hagelin 75 47.17%
Henrik Lundqvist 22 13.84%
Ryan McDonagh 7 4.40%
John Mitchell 26 16.35%
Brandon Prust 3 1.89%
Brad Richards 117 73.58%
Michael Sauer 4 2.52%
Derek Stepan 2 1.26%
Other 4 2.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
  #251
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
They do a lot of borderline dirty stuff. I think that's Bylsma, pushing the envelope of whatever they can get away with. He is a smart coach who knows how to push the limits. When you have that much talent, if you can get an opponent just a little off. BANG! He is shrewd, and they play it well.
Bylsma is indeed an elite coach, I think he's easily one of the best in this league.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
  #252
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Bylsma is a good coach, no doubt, but the guy has had Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Fleury padding him for a while now

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:39 AM
  #253
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Bylsma is a good coach, no doubt, but the guy has had Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Fleury padding him for a while now
Sure, he has alot of toys to play with, but the Penguins have been impressively consistent and haven't missed a beat even when they've missed Crosby and Malkin for a majority of games. They continued being a top team without their two best players. Now that's impressive.

Have to give alot of credit to Bylsma for that.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
  #254
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reijo R View Post
Don't want to make a big deal of it because it was a harmless little thing, but about 15 seconds before Richards scored the 3rd NYR goal, Crosby was either skating with the puck or chasing it against the boards in the NYR zone heading back towards the blueline. Not sure which Ranger was on his tail, but Crosby took his left hand of the stick and threw a cheap little elbow. Am I the only one who saw that?
Thought that was Calli

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:29 AM
  #255
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Just read this in the Pens GDT, first thing that came to my mind was: I guess that would be Crosby in the middle then?
No, I would not give him credit for that. Look a little lower.

Just enjoying my coffee as I watch the recording. A few observations this morning:

The difference this year is that Gaborick is playing like the guy you should be worried about every time he's on the ice. Brad Richards is the kind of player that gives you a 3 - 1 lead before it becomes a 2 - 2 tie. Cally just keeps raising the level of his play. What a Godsend to have him as our C.

I know some will take exception but watching the game on VS tonight was a little like watching a Pens home broadcast: Pierre expecting the goal even though it was a clear high stick, Doc calling Kunitz' leaping forearm on Sauer a "shoulder". Jonsey snidely claiming that Gabby won't score "for two weeks" because he missed the empty net, listing all the Pens injuries, the Rangers caught a "break", ignoring that the Rangers are minus Staal ....and many others. Of course Doc and Jonsey are still Devs and Flyer homers, and Pierre is....well Pierre.

Oh, and the Pens are a dirty team....duh. Multiple slashes and other assorted bits of nastiness. The difference in this game was that some of it was actually called. I try not to be biased in my observations most of the time, but it's clear to me that the Pens take their liberties with the confidence of a team that knows they will get away with it fairly often.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:34 AM
  #256
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Stop teasing me.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik
Ryan-Richards-Callahan

Have the Rangers ever had two first lines?
Before you were watching, when we had Lindros, Bure, Kovalev, Nedved, Messier, Carter, Holik. I don't mind pointing out that that didn't work out all too ell, though.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:39 AM
  #257
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 14,179
vCash: 500
... Nedved, Carter and Holik were 2nd liners. Messier was a glorified 3rd liner by then. Or were you being sarcastic?

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:23 PM
  #258
Doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
New York Rangers Have Become an Elite Team

Last night, the New York Rangers proved they can stand up to the so-called elite. Their 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins was broadcast on Versus for the entire country to see, putting the team in the spotlight for perhaps the first time since the mid-90s. While Versus, and NHL on NBC for that matter, have pushed the big-market Rangers on hockey viewers for years, this instances is one of the few where the team deserved the honor. Then again, last night was Sidney Crosby‘s fifth game of the season and any game he plays in remains the game to watch; somehow they chose an ISO cam on him over the coaching debuts of Dale Hunter and Kirk Muller.

Anyways, the win had it all. It had penalty kills, power plays, late surges, fights, Matt Cooke AND Sean Avery not to mention a few controversial goals. The end result was the Rangers coming away with a regulation win over a team that only sits three points above them with four games in hand. At the quarter point of the season, the Blueshirts have only 21 games in the books, tying the San Jose Sharks with the lowest games played in the League.

Read More: http://nhlhotstove.com/brad-richards...y-environment/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:44 PM
  #259
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Before you were watching, when we had Lindros, Bure, Kovalev, Nedved, Messier, Carter, Holik. I don't mind pointing out that that didn't work out all too ell, though.
Yes because having the shell of Eric Lindros, the shell of Pavel Bure, overrated Kovalev, not that good to begin with Nedved, over-the-hill Messier, not that good to begin with Carter, and vastly overpaid Holik is totally equivalent to what we would have in the two lines Zenith mentioned.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:52 PM
  #260
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,288
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Yes because having the shell of Eric Lindros, the shell of Pavel Bure, overrated Kovalev, not that good to begin with Nedved, over-the-hill Messier, not that good to begin with Carter, and vastly overpaid Holik is totally equivalent to what we would have in the two lines Zenith mentioned.
Good point! Were any of them 24yo? lol

__________________
WIN NOW
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 04:01 PM
  #261
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
New York Rangers Have Become an Elite Team

Last night, the New York Rangers proved they can stand up to the so-called elite. Their 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins was broadcast on Versus for the entire country to see, putting the team in the spotlight for perhaps the first time since the mid-90s. While Versus, and NHL on NBC for that matter, have pushed the big-market Rangers on hockey viewers for years, this instances is one of the few where the team deserved the honor. Then again, last night was Sidney Crosby‘s fifth game of the season and any game he plays in remains the game to watch; somehow they chose an ISO cam on him over the coaching debuts of Dale Hunter and Kirk Muller.

Anyways, the win had it all. It had penalty kills, power plays, late surges, fights, Matt Cooke AND Sean Avery not to mention a few controversial goals. The end result was the Rangers coming away with a regulation win over a team that only sits three points above them with four games in hand. At the quarter point of the season, the Blueshirts have only 21 games in the books, tying the San Jose Sharks with the lowest games played in the League.

Read More: http://nhlhotstove.com/brad-richards...y-environment/
Oh, now I understand! We're just lucky! The Rangers aren't actually a good team, we've been getting by totally on luck! According to Rob Vollman in that article anyway.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:11 PM
  #262
MaximusT
Registered User
 
MaximusT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 979
vCash: 500
Aside from that horrible play Arty had in the last 30 seconds I didn't think he played too bad of a game. Actually had some decent chances and his line was great w/ puck possession.

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:12 PM
  #263
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Oh, now I understand! We're just lucky! The Rangers aren't actually a good team, we've been getting by totally on luck! According to Rob Vollman in that article anyway.
Call me an elitist, but I just can't take anyone who says "anyways" seriously...



Besides, who *wants* the spotlight? Not me.

Megustaelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:55 AM
  #264
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Call me an elitist, but I just can't take anyone who says "anyways" seriously...



Besides, who *wants* the spotlight? Not me.
Ok, you're an elitist! But you can't take me seriously. So are you an elitist or aren't you? The mind boggles!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.