HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Ryan on the trading block. Pierre Goats to travel with the team to Ana.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Also doesn't Gauthier usually travel with the team anyway and given that they are in California for about a week, I doubt he'd give up the chance to make the trip.

I doubt anything happens.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:15 PM
tinyzombies

Rumor I heard is the Ducks are looking for a center who doesn't cost more than Ryan's current salary in return. Koivu is third line material now.

The only fit I can see is Schenn.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
smon

I think that Pacioretty is where they would start. I love the eternal hope that the Ducks will be more interested in the Canadiens defense prospects where we seem to have a bit of depth, but I doubt that's the case. They'd want a young and cheap replacement ++++

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:16 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
So guys purely speculation here. Knowing the Habs and how uselessly passive the Habs organization is. Lets see what we think would get Ryan on the team.

Im thinking

Cammy
Weber
Tinordi
2012 First round

What do you guys think ?
Not sure if Ryan is as good as we think. I was on the Ducks board last week here are some comments their fans think of Ryan:

"1. Bobby is...way too soft for my liking. Yes he is the one that has one huge hit a game, but he rarely goes to the dirty areas and would rather try to find space in the slot than get himself crosschecked in the back 5 times to score a goal a la Perry. If Ryan learned from Perry he could score 40 goals without 1st PP time, instead he wants to be a giant vagina(sorry ladies) and try to set up in the slot instead of using his giant frame and amazing hands in close to the goaltender. He is easily the most frustrating player to watch on the Ducks."

"If Ryan had half the willingness Perry had, he would be a 40 goal scorer instantly regardless of his lack of PP time. In short, and of course this is easy to say while I sit on my ass and type from a keyboard, Bobby Ryan needs to stop being such a giant Pussay and not only would his line succeed much more but the team would."

"Ryan has been pretty hot and cold. Good nights where he's been a force and bad nights where he's lacked everything (hands and heart)"

"I believe that it's only a matter of time until Ryan is traded. The team is too top heavy and has a budget, so he will have to be moved to give the team any depth"

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:18 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Rumor I heard is the Ducks are looking for a center who doesn't cost more than Ryan's current salary in return. Koivu is third line material now.

Eller may be good fit thou

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post

Louis Leblanc being called up... To be shown to Ana ?????

Leblanc + 1st = Value to Schenn?

Its all coming together now. Number 9 in MTL by next week. Book it.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Andy

Seeing what the Flyers got for Richards and Carter and what was moved for Kovalchuk and Heatley, I really don't see Ryan getting traded for anything more than a Roster player and a pick or prospect. It makes no sense to give more for an arguably lesser player than the 4 aforementioned players.

I don't know what the ducks expect, but they shouldn't expect much imo. There are more comparables with the Neal for Gologoski trade and the Stewart and Shattenkirk for Johnson.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:20 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

I wouldn't move the 2012 1st and Anaheim won't take on extra salary /endof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
IMO they'd ask for Pacioretty, Tinordi + 1st

they have nothing on the left side on offense and need stay-at-home D long-term

no need for Weber in Anaheim, they already have Fowler, Vatanen and Schultz with a similar style of play
And Sbisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Seeing what the Flyers got for Richards and Carter and what was moved for Kovalchuk and Heatley, I really don't see Ryan getting traded for anything more than a Roster player and a pick or prospect. It makes no sense to give more for an arguably lesser player than the 4 aforementioned players.

I don't know what the ducks expect, but they shouldn't expect much imo. There are more comparables with the Neal for Gologoski trade and the Stewart and Shattenkirk for Johnson.
WTF are you talking about? Kovy was a UFA who said he won't re-sign and Heatley asked for a trade publicly.

Last edited by DekeLikeYouMeanIt: 11-30-2011 at 06:29 PM.
DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
they would probably ask for something along the lines of Eller + Weber + our 2012 1st and that's too much to give up right now IMHO..
IMHO it's totally worth it and Anaheim would turn that offer down.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:24 PM
blueberry

Let's keep the first!

blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I wouldn't move the 2012 1st and Anaheim won't take on extra salary /endof.
Scared to trade that Chris Higgins, David Fischer, Kyle Chipchura, Mike Komisarek pick eh.

Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

I don't know what the ducks expect, but they shouldn't expect much imo.
He's younger, 1 mil cheaper then carter and richards. not to mention kovalchuck was ufa few months after. He's much more valuable then heatly ever was/will be. depending on the roster player, really, your statement might be true. But most likely more, especially given how size is so extremely overrated nowadays.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:26 PM
sampollock

mtl wont' do this, not there style,

PG sits on his hands, you will see

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
He's younger, 1 mil cheaper then carter and richards. not to mention kovalchuck was ufa few months after. He's much more valuable then heatly ever was/will be. depending on the roster player, really, your statement might be true. But most likely more, especially given how size is so extremely overrated nowadays.
He's younger cheaper, but he isn't as good though as the others. If I had to pick of any of the 4 players mentioned...I'd pick all 4 before Ryan. I even mentioned Neal and Stewart. I'd take Neal over Ryan also...not Stewart though.

I really don't see how much the ducks can be asking for when there are many comparables. Ryan isn't even the best player on his team.

I agree that the size thing in the nhl is crazy exaggerated...all these analysts must have small penises or something.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:27 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
I'd say it's somewhere probably in between. I mentioned roster player + pick. Some are saying 3 players (mix of roster and 1st pick prospect) + pick.

So maybe it would likely work out to something like Roster player + good prospect + pick?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:28 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
Scared to trade that Chris Higgins, David Fischer, Kyle Chipchura, Mike Komisarek pick eh.
4 picks in last decade! dont remeber us trading away 6 1st round picks!

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:29 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
mtl wont' do this, not there style,

PG sits on his hands, you will see
I don't think Montreal will make a trade with them not because Gauthier will be sitting on his hands, but because I don't think the habs have the assets to compete for a trade for Ryan. Also, to compensate for the lack of wanted assets on the part of aneheim, I think the cost to acquire Ryan would be more than the benefits we'd get by acquiring him.

What the ducks are looking for and what the habs have are not compatible. I hope I'm wrong because I'd welcome Ryan with open arms, but I just don't see it happening because of the assets wanted and the assets owned.

Last edited by Andy: 11-30-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old
11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
habsrule22

I d would do any trade involving ryan as long as Patch, PK and Price are not involved.

habsrule22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Eller may be good fit thou
Not sure that's enough at all. Ryan is a stud.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Yes, toughness is a must must must. And Ryan has the mad skillz too.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:31 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
i recall didn't we trade our 1st in 1999 that ended up being a top 10 pick
well the draft sucked that year anyway

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:32 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
I don't think Montreal will make a trade with them not because Gauthier will be sitting on his hands, but because I don't think the habs have the assets to compete for a trade for Ryan. Also, to compensate, I think the cost to acquire Ryan would be more than the benefits we'd get by acquiring him.

What the ducks are looking for and what the habs have are not compatible. I hope I'm wrong because I'd welcome Ryan with open arms, but I just don't see it happening because of the assets wanted and the assets owned.
Not unless we want to move PK, it ain't happenin.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Lemons

Guys WE ALL know this trade wont happen. But im doing this for myself. This is the most fun i've had regarding the Habs all season.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

...He made the trip to California 2 years ago as well. We met him there.

And there was no trade.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:33 PM
tinyzombies

Ducks are desperate for a second line center. Bottom line. Visnovsky is out for another month, but they have Fowler to fill his boots for now. They do need a Dman, but most importantly a 2nd center behind Getzlaf. Their 5-on-5 scoring is as bad as ours.