HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bobby Ryan on the trading block. Pierre Goats to travel with the team to Ana.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:36 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He's younger cheaper, but he isn't as good though as the others. If I had to pick of any of the 4 players mentioned...I'd pick all 4 before Ryan. I even mentioned Neal and Stewart. I'd take Neal over Ryan also...not Stewart though.

I really don't see how much the ducks can be asking for when there are many comparables. Ryan isn't even the best player on his team.

I agree that the size thing in the nhl is crazy exaggerated...all these analysts must have small penises or something.
Ryan is pretty awesome. i think he will prove he is more valuable then all those players pretty soon, he's still relatively young and unknown. only started to hit the limelight last season, which was sort of overshadowed by Perry's season.
Anyways, hard to compare centers with wingers, but for sure he will fetch what those guys fetched, if not more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I'd say it's somewhere probably in between. I mentioned roster player + pick. Some are saying 3 players (mix of roster and 1st pick prospect) + pick.

So maybe it would likely work out to something like Roster player + good prospect + pick?

yea i agree. good roster player, good prospect and mid 1st round pick.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:37 PM
JustAHabFan

When is the last time that we are involved in a big trade (pls no mention of Gomez)? Ryan to Montreal, it's not going to happen.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
IMHO it's totally worth it and Anaheim would turn that offer down.
Lets break it down, if Habs end up trading Eller that would leave them without a decent option at #2 center position, I think that Eller has potential to be a really good #2 center or a lower end #1 center and players like that aren't cheap to come by.

Weber isn't a major piece in the Habs puzzle (it's debetable about is that right or wrong) right now and he wouldn't be a big loss for this ATM.

Our 1st could end up being very high if God forbid something happens to Carey or if our roster gets bitten by the injury bug once again. In my mind giving up on this pick would be a mistake.

And for the end lets look at Ryan, some consider him to be a PWF, I'm not one of those people, he reminds me a lot of Chris Stewart (altough he's a more talented version) with the way he plays hockey, he can be dirty but make no mistake he's nowhere near as physical or dirty as Perry is. He also benefits by playing with one of the best setup men in Getzlaf and by playing with one of the best finishers in Perry.

This trade would essentially turn MTL into a one line team and just look how's that working out in ANA.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
Ducks are desperate for a second line center. Bottom line. Visnovsky is out for another month, but they have Fowler to fill his boots for now. They do need a Dman, but most importantly a 2nd center behind Getzlaf. Their 5-on-5 scoring is as bad as ours.
Aren't the habs one of the better 5 on 5 scoring teams this year? Do people ever check the stats or do they just like to spew out claims?

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:40 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Aren't the habs one of the better 5 on 5 scoring teams this year? Do people ever check the stats or do they just like to spew out claims?
I was thinking of last year and assuming. My mistake.

Ducks have good special teams, their problem is they don't have a second line. Selanne is still playing well, but Koivu is finished.

I live down here now and see them all the time. Koivu has been finished since he got here except for a few hot streaks (he's actually one a bit of one right now).

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Andy

Quote:

Ducks have good special teams, their problem is they don't have a second line. Selanne is still playing well, but Koivu is finished.

I live down here now and see them all the time. Koivu has been finished since he got here except for a few hot streaks (he's actually one a bit of one right now).
Second line center you say...Desharnais?

lolol jk. Habs and ducks do not make good trading partners because of needs

Old
11-30-2011, 05:50 PM
NotProkofievian

I don't think there's any sort of reason to think that this would happen, but, just for fun, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some kind of a kessel deal here.

Find some way to get rid of Gomez, and I really think it would be a very calculated move.

Cammi - Plek - Cole
Max - Eller - Gio
Ryan - DD - AK

Moen - Nokes - White/Darche

is something that I could see working. The d, assuming markov is healthy(which the team is, effectively, assuming), with Subban, Emelin, Gorges, and a few prospects who are due in a couple years is just fine.

That forward lineup gives us 7 20min goal scorers. That is ********.

If we made a Kessel deal, I just don't see us missing a Seguin/Hamilton/Knight package for Ryan. We're **** with our first picks anyways.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:53 PM
buddahsmoka1

Of course Gauthier is travelling with the team lol, he is the freaking GM.

buddahsmoka1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:57 PM
One Trick Pony

If they trade him to the Habs right now would he play live up?

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
There's no scenario in which ANA would be interested in trading for Cammy, they're a budget team and they won't move Ryan for an older player who makes more money than Ryan, they would probably ask for something along the lines of Eller + Weber + our 2012 1st and that's too much to give up right now IMHO.

Someone's going to overpay for him and regret it in the end, I just hope it won't be MTL.
Sweet! Done deal!! Eller can't score,Weber ...well we all know what he can do and his declining value..I do like Eller though but to trade him for someone that is already proven himself and will bring immediate production and size to our line up..I'm game for that.
Our 1st rounder, what can we say about that as we are a middle of the heap team and it's not like we're going to get a gem < never know though.
In a nutshell I'd do that trade in a heartbeat!!

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:59 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
I don't think there's any sort of reason to think that this would happen, but, just for fun, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing some kind of a kessel deal here.

Find some way to get rid of Gomez, and I really think it would be a very calculated move.

Cammi - Plek - Cole
Max - Eller - Gio
Ryan - DD - AK

Moen - Nokes - White/Darche

is something that I could see working. The d, assuming markov is healthy(which the team is, effectively, assuming), with Subban, Emelin, Gorges, and a few prospects who are due in a couple years is just fine.

That forward lineup gives us 7 20min goal scorers. That is ********.

If we made a Kessel deal, I just don't see us missing a Seguin/Hamilton/Knight package for Ryan. We're **** with our first picks anyways.

Ryan instantly becomes our best player, not sure why you have him on the third line! And he would have the best hands on our team.

Gomez is still a couple months away from having a tradeable salary.

The more I think about it, they'd probably want Pleks in return, which we are logistically unable to do even though it's more than a fair trade.

Just imagine if we had drafted Getzlaf instead of Kostity? Could have had the #1 center across town here too - Kopitar.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 11-30-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old
11-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
If they trade him to the Habs right now would he play live up?
A la Metropolit ..

No really maybe Gauthier want to have some sun on the beach, Cal is a great place for that!

Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:04 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
A la Metropolit ..

No really maybe Gauthier want to have some sun on the beach, Cal is a great place for that!
Not today, there's a wind and fire warning - Santa Ana winds blowing thru.

Go habs Go

Old
11-30-2011, 06:30 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
Ryan on trading block;
Leblanc playing tonight...clearly Habs are showing him play as a trade bait

We all know PG asked Shanahan to suspend Max Pac . 1 game is suspicious... so he gave 3

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:31 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Ryan instantly becomes our best player, not sure why you have him on the third line! And he would have the best hands on our team.
I don't think our team is best suited to a '1st line' paradigm. None of those lines are dramatically better than the other. What it is, though, is an incredible top 9. Don't like Ryan there? Okay, put him with Pleks and Cammi, and put Cole with DD and AK. Any logical combination of those lines is awesome. That's the point.

The lineup I posted is just a very "JM" lineup.

Quote:
Gomez is still a couple months away from having a tradeable salary.
I don't think anyone is going to trade for him. The only way it's going away is a buy-out or minors. I'm not sure that's anymore likely either. But, in any case, him being gone is part and parcel with the whole "kessel deal" idea. It's making a swing for right now or the next few years(which I think is appropriate).

No owner would be crazy about paying Gomez' salary in the minors, or the buyout. But the thing is: does it get us closer to the cup? Another playoff run like the habs had in 09-10 and I think it'd come out a wash for the owners.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:32 PM
HomaridII

JohnBorukCSN John Boruk
A source close to the situation tells me a Bobby Ryan trade is imminent. Talks have been ongoing for weeks. I'll have a blog up soon.

Re tweeted by Connor Mckenna

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

I'd tell them

Choose between:

DD/Eller
1st rounder 2012/2013
AK/Gionta
Campoli/Diaz/Weber

Not anything more.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:38 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'd tell them

Choose between:

DD/Eller
1st rounder 2012/2013
AK/Gionta
Campoli/Diaz/Weber

Not anything more.
This may be a little too much for Ryan.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zeroknowledge*

I think they will want Cammy back along with Eller and perhaps a prospect a la Tinordi maybe.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
JohnBorukCSN John Boruk
A source close to the situation tells me a Bobby Ryan trade is imminent. Talks have been ongoing for weeks. I'll have a blog up soon.

I'm sure it is

Old
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:

What about Eller? Don't get me wrong I worship Eller as some kind of prophetic demi-god but he has good value and Ryan is simply a better player. Anaheim would not trade Ryan without receiving a blue chip player and the Habs shouldn't part with Pacioretty, Price and Subban. Meanwhile Eller will replace Koivu in time and probably breakout&become an awesome player in his own right.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:40 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
JohnBorukCSN John Boruk

Please no Leafs nor Boston....

m00ks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:42 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Please no Leafs nor Boston....
On the tradeboard it says the Rangers are the front-runner, deal might get done by the end of the week.

Probably Dubinsky + a prospect for Ryan...would make the most sense. With Richards Stepan and Anisimov, Rangers are more than fine at center. Gives the ducks the depth they want at center at an okay $.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:45 PM
patsbury

Do not like proposal involving Eller. I'd prefer something like
Cammalleri
Weber
Leblanc

for

Ryan

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:45 PM
m00ks

Quote:
On the tradeboard it says the Rangers are the front-runner, deal might get done by the end of the week.

Probably Dubinsky + a prospect for Ryan...would make the most sense. With Richards Stepan and Anisimov, Rangers are more than fine at center. Gives the ducks the depth they want at center at an okay $.

****ing Rangers. Always in on everyone. So sick of it.

m00ks is online now   Reply With Quote