HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2011 (part 7)

View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?
Yes 11 47.83%
No 12 52.17%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I like all of Weber (though not as much as you, I don't see him ever being strong enough for top 2 duties), Diaz and Emelin. However, I think the Habs will have to choose between them. For most dmen, learning how to play in the NHL is a long and winding road. I don't think it's wise to carry 3 dmen going through that learning curve at the same time. Once healthy, I'd keep Campoli and shop one of Diaz and Weber.
Rafalski, @ 5'10 200pds as a full grown adult, was more than strong enough to be an excellent top-pairing dman...

weber is 5'11, 193pds @ 23, by the time he's 28-29, and has had another 6-7 summers to add weight/strength, he will be more than strong enough to play the same way he did in juniors at the NHL level.

I do agree that it's not an ideal situation to have 3 inexperienced dmen "learning" the NHL game in the lineup at the same time, though with Spacek, Campoli, Gill also in the bottom-4 mix, I think we're fine for this year.

moving forward, if the team does want to move one of them, to me, it's a no-brainer to look to move Diaz and keep Weber (only assuming they decide they have to move 1 of them, which isn't a given).

With our upcoming offseason contract situation, I wouldn't be surprised if we see all 3 back next year.

Markov
Subban
Gorges (HOPEFULLY)
Emelin
Weber
Diaz

having those 6 dmen and then adding either a bottom-pairing vet on a cheap UFA contract, or even a solid top-4 UFA dman on a bigger contract (assuming we can clear up cap space by dealing with Gomez), would not be a bad situation for the team next year... especially cap-wise. Emelin/Weber/Diaz are pretty solid value/caphit players and will only be better next year.

Emelin/Weber/Diaz will all be 1 year and 1 summer of training further along in their development, and it's not like we really have any NHL-ready dmen in Hamilton knocking at the door needing to get in (unless Nash returns from injury this year and progresses quite a bit).

Old
11-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Markov
Subban
Gorges (HOPEFULLY)
Emelin
Weber
Diaz
Totally agreed with the big "HOPEFULLY!" Having these conversations makes it even clearer how important Gorges is to the team.

Quote:
Rafalski, @ 5'10 200pds as a full grown adult, was more than strong enough to be an excellent top-pairing dman...

weber is 5'11, 193pds @ 23, by the time he's 28-29, and has had another 6-7 summers to add weight/strength, he will be more than strong enough to play the same way he did in juniors at the NHL level.
Anything's possible, but Rafalski is such an exceptional case that I'd stay away from him as a comp. A player blooming that late, becoming that good is so rare.

Last edited by Roulin: 11-30-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old
11-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Garry Valk

Yannick Weber is a healthy scratch tonight, yet Markov is not back. Seems odd. Potentially a trade on the horizon?

Old
11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Gary320

This is me just talking out of my butt, but Markov + Weber for Iginla, I personally don't see CGY doing it.. but would you?

Old
11-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
This is me just talking out of my butt, but Markov + Weber for Iginla, I personally don't see CGY doing it.. but would you?
I wouldn't do it. We'd have a huge hole on D.

Eller, Weber, 1st, now that I do.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:01 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Yannick Weber is a healthy scratch tonight, yet Markov is not back. Seems odd. Potentially a trade on the horizon?
Looks bad for him. Can we get a good 4th liner (+ late pick) for him ?

Old
11-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
I wouldn't do it. We'd have a huge hole on D.

Eller, Weber, 1st, now that I do.
no way to do that from a cap pov...

Old
11-30-2011, 04:18 PM
NewHabsEra*

With all the guys coming back soon on D, I think Weber is the one who has the most to lose since he keeps struggling playing defense and isnt very dominant on the PP either..

So what do you think the Habs may fletch in return? 2nd round pick? third round pick? fourth..? A decent prospect for Hamilton?

Yannick Weber + Mike Cammalleri + Danny Kristo for Islanders' first round pick

Old
11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
With all the guys coming back soon on D, I think Weber is the one who has the most to lose since he keeps struggling playing defense and isnt very dominant on the PP either..

So what do you think the Habs may fletch in return? 2nd round pick? third round pick? fourth..? A decent prospect for Hamilton?

Yannick Weber + Mike Cammalleri + Danny Kristo for Islanders' first round pick
I would be happy with a Weber for Ullstrom trade with the Isles. I don't think Yannick has much trade value at the moment, he can't be sent down and he isn't contributing while he is here. For comparisons, see the situation the Habs were in with D'Agostini and O'Byrne

Old
11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I would be happy with a Weber for Ullstrom trade with the Isles. I don't think Yannick has much trade value at the moment, he can't be sent down and he isn't contributing while he is here. For comparisons, see the situation the Habs were in with D'Agostini and O'Byrne
everyone understand this, no more "we sould trade Weber for this..." Weber IS NOT going to be traded any time soon. He has too much skill but no veteran presence to guide him in the proper direction. When Markov returns, he and Weber would be the perfect D pairing.

If I were in Gauthier's shoes, I would look to make a trade like

Montreal:
Cammalleri
Aaron Palushaj
1st round 2012

Anaheim:
Corry Perry

or something along the line of that to get a strong top six forward,specifically a second line centreman into the habs line-up. If PG doesn't make a trade soon, we're going to miss the playoffs.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:04 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Well, we still got a high level prospect in Bournival in the OByrne trade while I still like the Dags Palushaj deal.. A third round pick is probably what we would get for Weber IMO..

Old
11-30-2011, 06:23 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
everyone understand this, no more "we sould trade Weber for this..." Weber IS NOT going to be traded any time soon. He has too much skill but no veteran presence to guide him in the proper direction. When Markov returns, he and Weber would be the perfect D pairing.

If I were in Gauthier's shoes, I would look to make a trade like

Montreal:
Cammalleri
Aaron Palushaj
1st round 2012

Anaheim:
Corry Perry

or something along the line of that to get a strong top six forward,specifically a second line centreman into the habs line-up. If PG doesn't make a trade soon, we're going to miss the playoffs.
Come one man that deal would not even land Ryan let alone Perry

To land perry to Montreal Paciorretty and Subban would have to be involved with a pick no doubt.

Or Plekanec Paciorretty.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:36 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Come one man that deal would not even land Ryan let alone Perry

To land perry to Montreal Paciorretty and Subban would have to be involved with a pick no doubt.

Or Plekanec Paciorretty.
Montreal:
Cammalleri
Jarred Tinordi
Aaron Palushaj
2nd round 2012

Anaheim:
Bobby Ryan
3rd round 2012

If this doesn't work, what are some other suggestions??

Old
11-30-2011, 06:40 PM
durojean

Plekanec, Gorges, Weber and 1st for Ryan

line up

Kostitsyn Eller Ryan
Cole Desharnais Pacioretty
Gionta Gomez Cammalleri
Moen Nokelainen Darche

Markov Emelin
Subban Campoli
Spacek Gill

Price

Old
11-30-2011, 07:13 PM
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post

line up

Kostitsyn Eller Ryan
Gionta Gomez Cammalleri
Moen Nokelainen Darche

Markov Emelin
Subban Campoli
Spacek Gill

Price
Montreal gives up TOO MUCH in this deal. I would not trade any of those players you 've mentioned. They 're at top performance currently and we just can't afford to lose them.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by durojean View Post

line up

Kostitsyn Eller Ryan
Gionta Gomez Cammalleri
Moen Nokelainen Darche

Markov Emelin
Subban Campoli
Spacek Gill

Price
That makes no sense, why give up your #1 center plus 3 more very good assets to get a winger?

Ryan is a good player but Plekanec is better and fills a bigger need.

Old
12-01-2011, 06:31 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

On November 29th, PG was scouting the Ducks and Sharks game from the pressbox. Possible interest in a player from either of those teams other than Ryan?

Old
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
zaluty

To get a player like Ryan you have to give up too much. It is a bidding war and either you jump in with both feet and see what happens or duck and get out of the way.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
To get a player like Ryan you have to give up too much. It is a bidding war and either you jump in with both feet and see what happens or duck and get out of the way.
No pun intented

Old
12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
Montreal:
Cammalleri
Jarred Tinordi
Aaron Palushaj
2nd round 2012

Anaheim:
Bobby Ryan
3rd round 2012

If this doesn't work, what are some other suggestions??
i don't think they want cammy and palushaj is a non factor they'd probably ask for Pacioretty which i wouldn't do

Old
12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
I see things the opposite way. When trading away a player like Ryan, even with a bidding war, it's very difficult to get a fair return. See Thornton and (several times) Pronger. Ryan is a notch below where those players were, but still, a player of that quality, with a favourable contract situation and with his youth, is very rarely made available.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Well, we still got a high level prospect in Bournival in the OByrne trade while I still like the Dags Palushaj deal..
I feel the same way

Quote:
A third round pick is probably what we would get for Weber IMO..
I would like to think we would get more... but maybe I am too optimistic.

Old
12-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Derrick Brassard healthy scratch...

Alright, i'm officially starting, or getting on to, the bring Derrick Brassard to MTL bandwagon. I feel like we lost player like him in Rebiero for nothing, and now is a chance to make up for it. What do you think it would take?

Old
12-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I do agree that it's not an ideal situation to have 3 inexperienced dmen "learning" the NHL game in the lineup at the same time, though with Spacek, Campoli, Gill also in the bottom-4 mix, I think we're fine for this year.

moving forward, if the team does want to move one of them, to me, it's a no-brainer to look to move Diaz and keep Weber (only assuming they decide they have to move 1 of them, which isn't a given).

With our upcoming offseason contract situation, I wouldn't be surprised if we see all 3 back next year.

Markov
Subban
Gorges (HOPEFULLY)
Emelin
Weber
Diaz

having those 6 dmen and then adding either a bottom-pairing vet on a cheap UFA contract, or even a solid top-4 UFA dman on a bigger contract (assuming we can clear up cap space by dealing with Gomez), would not be a bad situation for the team next year... especially cap-wise. Emelin/Weber/Diaz are pretty solid value/caphit players and will only be better next year.

Emelin/Weber/Diaz will all be 1 year and 1 summer of training further along in their development, and it's not like we really have any NHL-ready dmen in Hamilton knocking at the door needing to get in (unless Nash returns from injury this year and progresses quite a bit).
Rafalski was 185 maybe 190 with all his equipment on at 5'8" or 5'9".

Old
12-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Alright, i'm officially starting, or getting on to, the bring Derrick Brassard to MTL bandwagon. I feel like we lost player like him in Rebiero for nothing, and now is a chance to make up for it. What do you think it would take?
I'd offer them a 5th maybe a 4th.

Closed Thread