HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 2.0 - Never Trust A Man With Two First Names Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Whoops, thought I was in around the NHL, sorry about that lol

Old
11-30-2011, 07:00 PM
azrok22

I feel like some are really underrating how good Ryan is. While highlight videos are not a great scouting tools, one will paint at least a partial video of a player.

Plus, how many NHLers can score goals using the stick of someone on the other team?

Not many!

Old
11-30-2011, 07:00 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

I really think we're looking at a huge price here, but knowing Slats I'm ready to be surprised IF the Rangers and Ducks agree to a deal.

Thinking...

AA/Dubi/Stepan
McDonagh/Sauer
Thomas/1st round pick/McIlrath

This isn't a spare part like Jokinen...this is Bobby Ryan, who yes is struggling, but is still BOBBY RYAN and only 24 years old.

I'd move AA and Dubi before Stepan, Sauer before McDonagh, and the first round pick over Thomas, Kreider, or McIlrath...

But that's me.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:02 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
The Ranges are not moving McDonagh, even for Ryan. Brooks said as much, same thing in regards to D-step.

11-30-2011, 07:02 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
MUST SEND ME THE RECIPE!!!
Where are you in PA? If you are anywhere near Pitt, you could just stop by and have some, haha.

This is my preferred recipe. I don't actually ferment the alcohol (way too much work/time). I use Everclear in its place. I also cut the ingredients in half and add a cup and a half of brown sugar on top of the cup of white sugar.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

I want to acquire Ryan without moving major pieces from this years team.

IMO those pieces, besides the painfully obvious, include: McD, Sauer, and like it or not, Derek Stepan.

Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Ducks play tonight at 10. Like Adam Rotter says, if Ryan is held out of the line-up tonight, something is up!

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Where are you in PA? If you are anywhere near Pitt, you could just stop by and have some, haha.

This is my preferred recipe. I don't actually ferment the alcohol (way too much work/time). I use Everclear in its place. I also cut the ingredients in half and add a cup and a half of brown sugar on top of the cup of white sugar.
Ahh I'm out East. I'm about an hour from Philly (barf) and an 45 minutes from Baltimore. It sounds amazing.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:05 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Said it before, whatever happens, i'm gonna trust the management team on this one.

Funny, a couple of years ago I could have been legally shot for saying that.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:05 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Thomas is a good prospect as well and the best pure scoring prospect we have. You want to throw him in with a first rounder too? Hagelin's awesome and I love him as a die hard Michigan fan, but really? 3 games in the NHL and all of a sudden he's Gretzky
Hagelin is showing he can play at the Pro level.

Thomas has yet to show he can play above a league of teenagers.

I like them both, but I keep the more proven and still very young player. Bigger, stronger, faster, smarter.

And we get to keep Kreider and Miller?

Thomas is extremely extremely expendable.

NONE of our NHL defensemen are expendable, however. So including any of them, including Del Zotto, would cripple this team's basis for success, regardless of improvement up front. Its still a team that lives and dies by its team defense, stemming from Henrik and the defense corp.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:06 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

MDZ played 27 minutes last night. Who is taking those minutes?

Sure the Rangers have depth. It has to be for the right player. If Ryan isn't producing offensively,he does not help his team. He has not produced this season and the Ducks are looking to move him.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Replace Hagelin with Thomas and a 1st/2nd and I do the driving.

Id like to hang onto Hags if possible.
That's crazy talk, the difference between Thomas and Hagelin isn't a 1st rounder.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Ahh I'm out East. I'm about an hour from Philly (barf) and an 45 minutes from Baltimore. It sounds amazing.
Whoops, here is the recipe (forgot to paste it):

http://www.moonshineheritage.com/blo...pie-moonshine/

Old
11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

If we can get this done while keeping Step/McD/Kreider/Miller I will be over the moon.

11-30-2011, 07:08 PM
beastly115

On TSN they're talking as if he's definitely going to be traded. They called them the "Ryan sweepstakes." Just passing comments, no real info given though.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

My movables: Dubi, AA, Thomas, Erixon, 1st/2nd.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:10 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Also just a heads up guys, in times of hectic trade rumors, don't forget to watch out for fake twitter accounts

Old
11-30-2011, 07:12 PM
Machinehead
Hanta Yo

I know some aren't gonna like this but in my opinion if you looked up "expendable" in the dictionary you'd see a picture of Chris Kreider.

He's not helping us this year, he plays the same position, and he's probably not on Ryan's level. He's the #1 guy I look to move here.

Old
azrok22

Boruk's blog is up now.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...12&feedID=6572

Quote:
I was tipped off to a potential Ryan trade a week ago, but now a decision to deal the Ducks’ high-scoring left winger, according to a source close to the situation, appears to be imminent. Anaheim GM Bob Murray has contacted a number of NHL general managers to gauge interest and talks were initiated a few weeks ago.

Murray has reached out to Paul Holmgren, but it doesn’t appear the Flyers are willing to part with 20-year-old Brayden Schenn or the 2007 No. 2 overall pick James van Riemsdyk. Obviously Ryan, who was drafted No. 2 overall in 2005 behind Sidney Crosby, has ties to the area and the organization’s relationship with him would seem enticing, but the Flyers don’t see Ryan as a big need right now.

According to the source, a deal “could” be completed by the end of the week and it appears, as of now, the New York Rangers are the frontrunners.

Old
howztheglass

When I need a good laugh I go to Eklund site just to see what he writing--Today his last blog claims the Flyer's Ranger's Carolina and the Isle's are in on Ryan.Funny because when I wrote about 1/2 hour ago about the Ranger's are in on Ryan I also heard that the Flyer's Carolina and Toronto had dropped out of the chase.I can't see how the Isles would get him so who's left.

Yes the Ranger's

No rumors just stuff that I heard today.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:13 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Also just a heads up guys, in times of hectic trade rumors, don't forget to watch out for fake twitter accounts
Thanks Doc, I was just about to post the same thing.

Also, if a deal goes down, try to restrain yourselves from posting new threads all over the place. We mods will open up a thread if no one else does. Just refresh the page and I'm sure there will be one there.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:13 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
That's crazy talk, the difference between Thomas and Hagelin isn't a 1st rounder.
I did say 1st/2nd.

If the difference is a late first, I keep players that are better then Thomas.

Kreider, Miller, Fasth, and Hagelin are better players. And aren't one dimensional like Thomas.

Im not going to take over this thread with reasons why Thomas isn't as good as some make him out to be. Weak, small, purely instinctual (not a high IQ), one dimensional... but yes, he can skate and shoot, but that's not enough for me to keep him and sacrifice better players.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:15 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I know some aren't gonna like this but in my opinion if you looked up "expendable" in the dictionary you'd see a picture of Chris Kreider.

He's not helping us this year, he plays the same position, and he's probably not on Ryan's level. He's the #1 guy I look to move here.
Here's my thinking on that. Kreider will be, at the very least, a 3rd line LW next season. Dubinsky is playing on the 3rd line right now although I would consider him a 2nd liner. If Anaheim will take him and his 4+ million in cap hit then that makes the most sense for the team moving forward.

Kreider at just over a million is very valuable to a team with quite a few high priced players.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:15 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post

And he's probably who they want. No one wants to move Kreider but we might have to.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

While Ryan is struggling this year, the whole Anaheim team is as well. Getzlaf is on pace for ~56 points and Perry is on pace for ~63

Closed Thread