HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Multifacted Richards (teacher)

Old
11-28-2011, 09:57 AM
deeshamrock

vCash: 500
Multifacted Richards (teacher)

This is an article about MR that brings out all that he's added to the Kings. But interesting focus on how much he teaches. That it's not only the value of what he says (notes that even during practices he is pointing things out to teammates, and alot during gamesA) but how he says it.

Also notes from Loki that Richards helps him by telling him things after a play or in general and how much that's helped him.
He did that in PHlly, esp with the very young players . It's the way he does it, that had players for the most part gravitate towards him and react.

Nice read

http://www.foxsportswest.com/11/27/1...48&feedID=3674

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Didn't know if anyone posted this, and this thread was the closest one I found proper to post it in. Mike Richards had a nice interview with E.J. Hradek on NHL Live yesterday. Happened to find the video. Cool interview on how Mike is adjusting to the team and lifestyle in California.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=138542

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:17 PM
DaAnimal

Wouldnt be surprised if he gets the C on his jersey in a few years.

He's very talkative on the ice, you can see it on every faceoff.

This guy is a true leader and will excel our players to the next level. He's already a motivator and brings confidence to our players. Something we lacked for a long time in my opinion.

I'm very happy he's part of this team.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:25 PM
MollerManor

There is no doubt that Richards has taught this team how to attack on the penalty kill. Something we are finally getting.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
MsWoof

I feel sick reading the article because more and more, I see how they threw him under the bus in Philly. He has always been talkative after whistles, whether to his teammates or to the officials. He oozes leadership and always has, and he's thriving in LA.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
Wouldnt be surprised if he gets the C on his jersey in a few years.
no way, if he does this when not captain, why throw extra pressure of making him do it by making him captain. Plus he is super awkward with the media, as if he just doesn't like it. Id be much happier giving him an A and letting him lead like he does, than burdening him with the C

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Wonder what December will have in store for Richards? October was assist month and November was goal month:

October - 11 games, 2 goals and 8 assists
November - 13 games, 9 goals and 1 assist

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:16 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Wonder what December will have in store for Richards? October was assist month and November was goal month:

October - 11 games, 2 goals and 8 assists
November - 13 games, 9 goals and 1 assist
I though about that today. Wasn't Kopi the opposite? like 9 goals in Oct and 1 in Nov? Maybe each of them connects more equally, that'd be nice

I'll take a guess, based on Richards Point Production per games played so far and that I've seen a change in him, about 10 days into Nov, he got more agressive, shoot first, don't pass. Then the goals started. Maybe part of that was him becoming more comfortable (something he said in Hammonds article on him today) or whether most of his passes to his wingers went nowhere
He's really enjoying his role on the team and I think he'll only get stronger. And if TM does the RIGHT thingand leaves him with Gagne, he'll put up points. He said today that he felt good out there and they know each that well on the ice.

December has 15 games, I'll so 7 goals, 10 assists

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote