HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to beat a Cup-level team...

Closed Thread

Old
11-01-2003, 09:28 PM
Laperriere22*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I'll save Lappy the trouble...

'Even though Sakic had a goal and an assist, I prefer to judge a player on his actual play and Sakic wasn't anything special today. He was still making defensive mistakes and has no chemistry with Selanne. Granato is making the mistake of thinking Konowalchuk can play on the second line too. The Avs were lucky to only lose by one goal today, and it's a good thing Forsberg and Kariya didn't play because they wouldn't have helped in any way at all.'

That sounds about right.
Tis a nice attempt at a sarcastic retort, but a couple of things need added if you're going to "speak for me". Others have talked repeatedly about Sakic's defensive errors, not me. I think he has some chemistry with Selanne, but not enough to legitimize the second line right now. And only Avs fans would even mention missing Forsberg and Kariya; you play with who you have. Unlike yourself, I don't run around making brash projections that having Forsberg and Kariya in a line-up guarantees a win. But, yeah, you sure showed me. To summarize, don't speak for me if you're going to do it so poorly.

If I truly were responding to 1LS9's comment, I would have said something about how big Sakic came up in the 3rd period when the team needed him. Because last I checked, Tanguay and Hejduk were those guys and Sakic wasn't. Sakic got a fortunate bounce on a PP in the 1st period that he finished well. Beyond that, how much of an impact did he honestly have?

Old
11-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Tis a nice attempt at a sarcastic retort, but a couple of things need added if you're going to "speak for me". Others have talked repeatedly about Sakic's defensive errors, not me. I think he has some chemistry with Selanne, but not enough to legitimize the second line right now. And only Avs fans would even mention missing Forsberg and Kariya; you play with who you have. Unlike yourself, I don't run around making brash projections that having Forsberg and Kariya in a line-up guarantees a win. But, yeah, you sure showed me. To summarize, don't speak for me if you're going to do it so poorly.

If I truly were responding to 1LS9's comment, I would have said something about how big Sakic came up in the 3rd period when the team needed him. Because last I checked, Tanguay and Hejduk were those guys and Sakic wasn't. Sakic got a fortunate bounce on a PP in the 1st period that he finished well. Beyond that, how much of an impact did he honestly have?
I don't think anybody said having Forsberg and Kariya guarantees a win. We had a healthy top six at the begining of the season and still lost some games due to poor efforts. What I said earlier is that if we had Forsberg for that game, IMO we would have won due to how close we were score wise, and how well Alex and Milan were playing already. This combined with what Forsberg brings to the table individually, and how well he plays in games like that one, I think we would have pulled off a win. If not for some great saves, Hejduk alone would have had two more goals, so I don't think we were that out of it.

It's obvious that you play with what you have and don't make excuses, but that's for the players to do. We're not the players, were the fans like you said, so I don't see anything wrong with mentioning Forsberg and Kariya being out, especially since this is how they play without Forsberg, like someone else already mentioned.

Old
11-02-2003, 07:15 AM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
I don't think anybody said having Forsberg and Kariya guarantees a win.
Well, that's where you're incorrect. Read:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Add Forsberg and Paul Kariya to this game and the Avalanche win, regardless of being outplayed or not.
That's in post #52 on http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...5&pagenumber=4 My post was only directed at RIAL because he knows what I'm talking about. Besides that, he and I don't get along all that well either.

Closed Thread