HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take us to get Bobby Ryan without giving up these 5 players?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2011, 10:43 PM
  #51
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,363
vCash: 500
I do not want us to do this deal. I personally hate Ryan, so I'll admit I'm a little biased, but I feel like he is more of a complementary player to Getzy and Perry than a guy that can carry an offense on his back. I wouldn't pay what Anaheim would ask (Wilson+Blum, for instance) for a guy that I think will be keyed in on and shut down.

Wilson already has better stats this year, plus is younger. I'm not saying Wilson will for sure be a better player long term, but I would rather have Wilson, a guy who we know fits here and most fans like, than Ryan, a guy on a bigger contract that may have chemistry issues and is hated by many fans, myself included.

I am NOT saying Ryan's value is lower than Wilson's. I know Ryan is a better player. I am just saying it makes more sense for us to keep Wilson than trade for Ryan IMO.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:47 PM
  #52
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,179
vCash: 500
I'd rather have Ryan than Parise or Iginla for the simple fact that he's 24 with years remaining on a favorable contract. Iginla has shown some signs of slowing down, has another year remaining at 7 million. Parise, even if we had the noble intention of keeping him, seems like he's going to see what e can get in UFA regardless.

Because of Ryan's remaining years, I could stomach a pretty hefty cost. I'd prefer to keep Wilson, but I wouldn't bat an eye at including Blum, especially if this move predicates a top pairing of Suter and Weber for the next 8 years. We can always trade for or sign a reasonably priced dman to fill in if Blum is traded, and let's face it...his shoes this season wouldn't be too tough to fill.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:49 PM
  #53
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I do not want us to do this deal. I personally hate Ryan, so I'll admit I'm a little biased, but I feel like he is more of a complementary player to Getzy and Perry than a guy that can carry an offense on his back. I wouldn't pay what Anaheim would ask (Wilson+Blum, for instance) for a guy that I think will be keyed in on and shut down.

Wilson already has better stats this year, plus is younger. I'm not saying Wilson will for sure be a better player long term, but I would rather have Wilson, a guy who we know fits here and most fans like, than Ryan, a guy on a bigger contract that may have chemistry issues and is hated by many fans, myself included.

I am NOT saying Ryan's value is lower than Wilson's. I know Ryan is a better player. I am just saying it makes more sense for us to keep Wilson than trade for Ryan IMO.
You hate Ryan because of the Blum incident, I'm guessing?

But Tootoo is just fine and dandy, right?

Ryan is a fabulous sniper and an insane talent. Perry piggybacks off the talent around him far more than Ryan ever has.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
  #54
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
SK + Blum. If he doesn't go to the duckies, SK to ANYWHERE

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:52 PM
  #55
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
You hate Ryan because of the Blum incident, I'm guessing?

But Tootoo is just fine and dandy, right?

Ryan is a fabulous sniper and an insane talent. Perry piggybacks off the talent around him far more than Ryan ever has.
Yes, the Blum incident is a major reason. Also, I hate Anaheim with the burning passion of a thousand suns, and he has that Anaheim seed in him. I know I'm biased, but I like Toots (though his dive against Edmonton made him look like an idiot ) Give me one example of something Tootoo has done that is equivalent to stomping on Blum's ankle. (If you say the Robidas incident That was self defense. )

Is Ryan a phenomental player? Absolutely. But I am not willing to pay the asking price for him.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:00 PM
  #56
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Yes, the Blum incident is a major reason. Also, I hate Anaheim with the burning passion of a thousand suns, and he has that Anaheim seed in him. I know I'm biased, but I like Toots (though his dive against Edmonton made him look like an idiot ) Give me one example of something Tootoo has done that is equivalent to stomping on Blum's ankle. (If you say the Robidas incident That was self defense. )

Is Ryan a phenomental player? Absolutely. But I am not willing to pay the asking price for him.
As always, you and I see two sides to every coin. Ryan is a great player. Do I love him? No. I hate him. Can I grow to love him? Yes. I think being away from Getslaughed at and Perry can only help Ryan. Ryan's contract is super super super sweet too. Much better deal than Erat.

I would, however, be unwilling to part with Blum and Wilson in the same package. I could stomach Wilson and Ellis, I could stomach blum and Kostitsyn/Erat/Hornqvist, but not both.

Offer one
Blum + Kostitsyn + 1st

Offer two
Wilson + Ellis + 1st

Offer three
Ellis + Lindback + 1st + Watson

I would never do Wilson and Blum for one player, even for one as good as Ryan

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:05 PM
  #57
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 44,453
vCash: 500
SK isn't helping his value so far this season. Of course, his contract is cheap and short. If he produces on a line with Selanne or Baldy/Fairy it could make it worth the while for Anaheim. I think something would have to be added to an SK+Blum+1st package, but not much. Maybe another pick or mid-level prospect.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:37 AM
  #58
Predsboro
Registered User
 
Predsboro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
I'd imagine the Bobby Ryan trade talk is over now that Carlyle is out and Boudreau is in for the Ducks.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:15 AM
  #59
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
I'd imagine the Bobby Ryan trade talk is over now that Carlyle is out and Boudreau is in for the Ducks.
Yep...It's not going to happen for a few weeks if at all.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
  #60
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Nashville needs scoring and needs to give Suter and Weber a reason to stay. Ryan would drastically help both. We also need to outbid a bunch of teams.
they are going to have 7-8 million reasons to stay per year.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:06 AM
  #61
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
they are going to have 7-8 million reasons to stay per year.
There are 20-25 teams in the league that would give them that or more. If they choose to stay, IF, it's because they feel like they can win here, not because we're willing to pay them more than they can get elsewhere.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:29 AM
  #62
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,059
vCash: 500
I have an irrational binkieish love for Iggy and I believe the Preds could use a vet. Iggy says he wants to stay with Calgary but things change. You can't just walk up to a mic and say 'HEY! I want to get the **** out of here!' You are the bad guy. Just shut the hell up, walk up to your agent and GM and say, "Yeah, I'm not believing in the direction of the team so I would like to go.'

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
  #63
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,179
vCash: 500
according to the Chris Botta, the Ducks are going to continue fielding offers for Ryan despite the coaching change. It's more about restocking and filling holes than it is a slow start or friction with the coach.

hope springs eternal.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
  #64
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
according to the Chris Botta, the Ducks are going to continue fielding offers for Ryan despite the coaching change. It's more about restocking and filling holes than it is a slow start or friction with the coach.

hope springs eternal.
Doesn't surprise me. Murray was fielding offers knowing that there was going to be a change.

I don't know about Ryan, but I hope Poile adds some offense sooner than later.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:37 PM
  #65
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 11,677
vCash: 500
Well...looks like he's off the market again. I need a nap.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.