HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take us to get Bobby Ryan without giving up these 5 players?

Old
11-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
I do not want us to do this deal. I personally hate Ryan, so I'll admit I'm a little biased, but I feel like he is more of a complementary player to Getzy and Perry than a guy that can carry an offense on his back. I wouldn't pay what Anaheim would ask (Wilson+Blum, for instance) for a guy that I think will be keyed in on and shut down.

Wilson already has better stats this year, plus is younger. I'm not saying Wilson will for sure be a better player long term, but I would rather have Wilson, a guy who we know fits here and most fans like, than Ryan, a guy on a bigger contract that may have chemistry issues and is hated by many fans, myself included.

I am NOT saying Ryan's value is lower than Wilson's. I know Ryan is a better player. I am just saying it makes more sense for us to keep Wilson than trade for Ryan IMO.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:47 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I'd rather have Ryan than Parise or Iginla for the simple fact that he's 24 with years remaining on a favorable contract. Iginla has shown some signs of slowing down, has another year remaining at 7 million. Parise, even if we had the noble intention of keeping him, seems like he's going to see what e can get in UFA regardless.

Because of Ryan's remaining years, I could stomach a pretty hefty cost. I'd prefer to keep Wilson, but I wouldn't bat an eye at including Blum, especially if this move predicates a top pairing of Suter and Weber for the next 8 years. We can always trade for or sign a reasonably priced dman to fill in if Blum is traded, and let's face it...his shoes this season wouldn't be too tough to fill.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I do not want us to do this deal. I personally hate Ryan, so I'll admit I'm a little biased, but I feel like he is more of a complementary player to Getzy and Perry than a guy that can carry an offense on his back. I wouldn't pay what Anaheim would ask (Wilson+Blum, for instance) for a guy that I think will be keyed in on and shut down.

Wilson already has better stats this year, plus is younger. I'm not saying Wilson will for sure be a better player long term, but I would rather have Wilson, a guy who we know fits here and most fans like, than Ryan, a guy on a bigger contract that may have chemistry issues and is hated by many fans, myself included.

I am NOT saying Ryan's value is lower than Wilson's. I know Ryan is a better player. I am just saying it makes more sense for us to keep Wilson than trade for Ryan IMO.
You hate Ryan because of the Blum incident, I'm guessing?

But Tootoo is just fine and dandy, right?

Ryan is a fabulous sniper and an insane talent. Perry piggybacks off the talent around him far more than Ryan ever has.

Old
11-30-2011, 10:51 PM
cleangene

SK + Blum. If he doesn't go to the duckies, SK to ANYWHERE

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
You hate Ryan because of the Blum incident, I'm guessing?

But Tootoo is just fine and dandy, right?

Ryan is a fabulous sniper and an insane talent. Perry piggybacks off the talent around him far more than Ryan ever has.
Yes, the Blum incident is a major reason. Also, I hate Anaheim with the burning passion of a thousand suns, and he has that Anaheim seed in him. I know I'm biased, but I like Toots (though his dive against Edmonton made him look like an idiot ) Give me one example of something Tootoo has done that is equivalent to stomping on Blum's ankle. (If you say the Robidas incident That was self defense. )

Is Ryan a phenomental player? Absolutely. But I am not willing to pay the asking price for him.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Yes, the Blum incident is a major reason. Also, I hate Anaheim with the burning passion of a thousand suns, and he has that Anaheim seed in him. I know I'm biased, but I like Toots (though his dive against Edmonton made him look like an idiot ) Give me one example of something Tootoo has done that is equivalent to stomping on Blum's ankle. (If you say the Robidas incident That was self defense. )

Is Ryan a phenomental player? Absolutely. But I am not willing to pay the asking price for him.
As always, you and I see two sides to every coin. Ryan is a great player. Do I love him? No. I hate him. Can I grow to love him? Yes. I think being away from Getslaughed at and Perry can only help Ryan. Ryan's contract is super super super sweet too. Much better deal than Erat.

I would, however, be unwilling to part with Blum and Wilson in the same package. I could stomach Wilson and Ellis, I could stomach blum and Kostitsyn/Erat/Hornqvist, but not both.

Offer one
Blum + Kostitsyn + 1st

Offer two
Wilson + Ellis + 1st

Offer three
Ellis + Lindback + 1st + Watson

I would never do Wilson and Blum for one player, even for one as good as Ryan

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:05 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

SK isn't helping his value so far this season. Of course, his contract is cheap and short. If he produces on a line with Selanne or Baldy/Fairy it could make it worth the while for Anaheim. I think something would have to be added to an SK+Blum+1st package, but not much. Maybe another pick or mid-level prospect.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:37 AM
Predsboro

I'd imagine the Bobby Ryan trade talk is over now that Carlyle is out and Boudreau is in for the Ducks.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:15 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
I'd imagine the Bobby Ryan trade talk is over now that Carlyle is out and Boudreau is in for the Ducks.
Yep...It's not going to happen for a few weeks if at all.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Nashville needs scoring and needs to give Suter and Weber a reason to stay. Ryan would drastically help both. We also need to outbid a bunch of teams.
they are going to have 7-8 million reasons to stay per year.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:06 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
they are going to have 7-8 million reasons to stay per year.
There are 20-25 teams in the league that would give them that or more. If they choose to stay, IF, it's because they feel like they can win here, not because we're willing to pay them more than they can get elsewhere.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:29 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I have an irrational binkieish love for Iggy and I believe the Preds could use a vet. Iggy says he wants to stay with Calgary but things change. You can't just walk up to a mic and say 'HEY! I want to get the **** out of here!' You are the bad guy. Just shut the hell up, walk up to your agent and GM and say, "Yeah, I'm not believing in the direction of the team so I would like to go.'

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

according to the Chris Botta, the Ducks are going to continue fielding offers for Ryan despite the coaching change. It's more about restocking and filling holes than it is a slow start or friction with the coach.

hope springs eternal.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
according to the Chris Botta, the Ducks are going to continue fielding offers for Ryan despite the coaching change. It's more about restocking and filling holes than it is a slow start or friction with the coach.

hope springs eternal.
Doesn't surprise me. Murray was fielding offers knowing that there was going to be a change.

I don't know about Ryan, but I hope Poile adds some offense sooner than later.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:37 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Well...looks like he's off the market again. I need a nap.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote