HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 World Juniors

Old
11-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
2012 World Juniors

Anyone else excited for this? Also, do we have any prospects playing? I can't name any from the top of my head, and Germany got relegated, so Noebels won't be in the tournament.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
I dont think we think we will let Schenn (if he is even old enough anymore) or Couturier go, so probably not

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
FLYguy3911

I'm excited, but it's unfortunate we might not even have a prospect in the tourny. The last Flyers prospect to play for team Canada (Schenn and Couturier don't count)? Claude Giroux

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:24 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
I dont think we think we will let Schenn (if he is even old enough anymore) or Couturier go, so probably not
Schenn is too old

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Ryker

I wonder whether Placek is going to make the Czech team. He isn't putting up any numbers currently, but it'd be great to have at least one player there. Anyone with more info in regards to this?

Old
12-01-2011, 01:43 AM
lamini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I wonder whether Placek is going to make the Czech team. He isn't putting up any numbers currently, but it'd be great to have at least one player there. Anyone with more info in regards to this?
40 players were nominated for Czech team

G:
Patrik Bartošák (Red Deer, WHL), Libor Kašík (Zlín/Olomouc), Tomáš Král (Oulu, Finsko), Matěj Machovský (Brampton, OHL), Petr Mrázek (Ottawa, OHL), Roman Will (Moncton, QMJHL).

D:
Tomáš Bartejs (Chomutov), Marek Hrbas (Kamloops, WHL), Bohumil Jank (Poprad, KHL), Daniel Krejčí (Slavia Praha), Vojtěch Mozík (Ml. Boleslav), David Musil (Vancouver, WHL), Richard Nedomlel (Swift Current, WHL), Filip Pavlík (Třinec/Ústí), Jiří Říha (Liberec/Benátky), Daniel Sobotka (Sparta Praha/Beroun), Petr Zámorský (Zlín).

O:
Jakub Culek (Rimouski, QMJHL), Tomáš Filippi (Baie-Comeau, QMJHL), Tomáš Fořt (Zlín), Martin Frk (Halifax, QMJHL), Tomáš Hertl (Slavia Praha), Petr Holík (Zlín), Tomáš Hyka (Gatineau, QMJHL), Dmitrij Jaškin (Slavia Praha), Jan Káňa (Brno), Denis Kindl (Montreal, QMJHL), Tomáš Nosek (Pardubice), Tomáš Rousek (Č. Budějovice), Petr Plaček (Harvard Univ., USA), Daniel Přibyl, Tomáš Rubeš (oba Sparta Praha), Lukáš Sedlák (Chicoutimi, QMJHL), Jiří Sekáč (Poprad, KHL), David Stach (Lukko Rauma, Finsko), Petr Straka (Rimouski, QMJHL), Michal Švihálek (Č, Budějovice), Dominik Uher (Spokane, WHL), Michal Vachovec (K. Vary), Jaroslav Vlach (Liberec/Benátky)

of those 25+3 will be chosen for World Juniors

lamini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:04 AM
Ryker

Thanks! Great, so he still has a chance to make it. Do you know how things stand for currently? Is he a shoo-in, on the brink of either making or not making it, or someone unlikely to stay with the team?

Oh, and when is the deadline to submit the roster anyway?

Old
12-01-2011, 02:58 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

I'm gonna be real bummed when Tomas hyka turns into a solid NHL player...

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:44 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Hyka

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:08 AM
lamini

Quote:

Oh, and when is the deadline to submit the roster anyway?
Czech team will play against Latvia (12/20) and Russia (12/22). After second game final rooster will be anounced.

Considering it's first time he's with Czech U20, I'd say his chances are low, but that's just my opinion.

lamini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 07:27 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
I enjoy the tournament itself, but it's even more enjoyable when you actually have prospects playing in it.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:03 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I enjoy the tournament itself, but it's even more enjoyable when you actually have prospects playing in it.
This, but I watch it every year regardless. Been a mainstay in my holiday routine since they started airing it on the NHL network. When the us won a couple years ago, it really made me love it even more

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:15 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
This, but I watch it every year regardless. Been a mainstay in my holiday routine since they started airing it on the NHL network. When the us won a couple years ago, it really made me love it even more
Yup. Can't wait. I always enjoy watching the WJC even if there are no Flyers prospects playing. Although, there's a good chance there will be a couple Winterhawks playing, so I'll have players to cheer for and keep an eye on.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamini View Post
Czech team will play against Latvia (12/20) and Russia (12/22). After second game final rooster will be anounced.

Considering it's first time he's with Czech U20, I'd say his chances are low, but that's just my opinion.
Damn, the Czech team is also playing our university team on the 18th, but I can't make it due to an exam next day.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Really looking forward to it as well. As soon as we drafted Couturier I thought how awesome it was going to be to have the guy that would likely be the #1C for Team Canada. So much for that.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Yup. Can't wait. I always enjoy watching the WJC even if there are no Flyers prospects playing. Although, there's a good chance there will be a couple Winterhawks playing, so I'll have players to cheer for and keep an eye on.
Yeah, there's probably going to be some Oil Kings players, as well, so it's something, at least.

Old
12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Not sure. He's going to school for a living now with hockey on the side, while most other Czech forwards listed above are just playing hockey for a living. Missing a couple weeks of Harvard classes won't be a great idea even IF the school allows it.

Quote:
Damn, the Czech team is also playing our university team on the 18th, but I can't make it due to an exam next day.
Request to take it early!!

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:45 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Yeah, there's probably going to be some Oil Kings players, as well, so it's something, at least.
Pysk for sure. He is a great kid.

I'm in Smoky Lake now - so I may go and check out the Canadian team play b/c of the pool they are in and play out of Edmonton.

If I could only find tickets

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Pysk for sure. He is a great kid
Yeah, him and I'm thinking Gernat for Slovakia.

Old
12-01-2011, 07:38 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Doing an article that should be up tomorrow on my predictions for the WJC.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Ryker

Quote:
If I could only find tickets
Oh, and it seems the Oil Kings are releasing additional ticket packages, including 6 WJC games and 18 of their games over 2 seasons, but I assume you're not interested in investing $500 to see two or three Canada games

Old
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Oh, and it seems the Oil Kings are releasing additional ticket packages, including 6 WJC games and 18 of their games over 2 seasons, but I assume you're not interested in investing $500 to see two or three Canada games
Hmmmm... something to think about. .... I may have to make my way down.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:58 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Bartschi is a shoo in for Team Switzerland, and if Ty Rattie keeps up his recent pace he'll most likely make Team Canada. It'll be interesting to see how Ty does without Sven on his line. Joe Morrow and Brad Ross probably have a chance of making Team Canada as well.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:12 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Hmmmm... something to think about. .... I may have to make my way down.
Here's the link, if you haven't seen it, by the way. It seems there's only 500 tickets left and you'd have to act fast when they go on sale online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Bartschi is a shoo in for Team Switzerland, and if Ty Rattie keeps up his recent pace he'll most likely make Team Canada. It'll be interesting to see how Ty does without Sven on his line. Joe Morrow and Brad Ross probably have a chance of making Team Canada as well.
Awesome, I'm really interested in seeing Bartschi play. Most of all, though, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Russians bring to the table.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:06 AM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Not sure. He's going to school for a living now with hockey on the side, while most other Czech forwards listed above are just playing hockey for a living. Missing a couple weeks of Harvard classes won't be a great idea even IF the school allows it.
You must not know much about NCAA hockey @ the ivy leagues. Believe me, it's more like he's playing hockey for a living while going to classes on the side.

They get lists of the easiest classes to take, tutors to assist them (the word "assist" is used very liberally).

Their training regiment and practice schedule is just as involved as the OHL, QMJHL, WHL, etc. And the amount of schooling that goes on is very similar to those leagues too.

Speak to Darroll Powe some time about a scholarly topic... I bet you wouldn't guess he attended Princeton.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote