HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to get Dubinsky jump started?

Old
11-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 500
I think the Rangers would have to add a roster defenseman to get the Ducks to bite, or to not get outbid by another team. Something along the lines of Dubinsky, Sauer, Thomas. Maybe a pick as well.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Unpredictable1

Dubi is one of my favourite Rangers, but I think one or two games in the press box will wake him up.

Thing is, he's not playing terrible as far as I'm concerned. He just needs that extra bite back in his game. I really want him to turn things around and the puck start going in the net.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Probably should buy some milk carton space

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

It'd be easier to answer this question if we knew what was actually going on in his head. Since we don't, I don't think we can answer it.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

It is quite simple really.
Two words: slump buster.
If you don't know what it means,
you are too young anyways.

Capitain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Vitto79

Right now you can't change the lines cause they are working, one or two losses in a row or lack of offense likely changes it up

Eventually I could see :
Dubinsky, Stepan, Gaborik
Anisimov, Richards, Callahan
Hagelin, Boyle, Fedotenko
Avery, Rupp, Prust
Mitchell

dump EC, likely have to trade Wolski for a expensive FA Dman.
Unless someone gets hurt of course

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Matteau Matteau

Maybe the Ryan talk will fire him up. Play with some anger. If he wants to remain a Ranger, that is.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:57 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Play him with Hagelin and Mitchell.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Fataldogg

I'd bench him to send a message. If the Capitals can bench Semin (and even Ovechkin for a period), and the Islanders can bench Okposo, Tortorella should have no problem benching Dubinsky.

Okposo had 2g 1a after being scratched...

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I'd bench him to send a message. If the Capitals can bench Semin (and even Ovechkin for a period), and the Islanders can bench Okposo, Tortorella should have no problem benching Dubinsky.

Okposo had 2g 1a after being scratched...
yeah...in 1 game, the other 4 he hasnt had a point

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:48 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Not so much a benching but just to watch the game from the pressbox would be a good thing. Dubinsky needs to be a healthy scratch to see the game from a different angle. Half as many goals as Sean Avery who was in Hartford for half the season, isn't cutting it. Jeff Woywitka, a defenseman who was picked up off waivers has the same number of goals. The only regular who has fewer goals is Sauer, with zero.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
You wouldn't take TWO GOALS from Dubinsky in one game?

That is double what he has scored through 21

Old
12-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Two goals for Dubinsky in one game would be double what he has scored through 21!

*sorry if this is a re-post - my PC didn't show my last message was posted*

Old
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
You wouldn't take TWO GOALS from Dubinsky in one game?

That is double what he has scored through 21
yeah, but Dubi has been playing very well other than the scoring. Dont get me wrong, its VERY disappointing the offensive numbers Dubi has put up so far. But I dont think benching him will do all that much right now. the team is playing very well, and hes a 4th line grinder at the moment.

it'll come back.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:52 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
yeah, but Dubi has been playing very well other than the scoring. Dont get me wrong, its VERY disappointing the offensive numbers Dubi has put up so far. But I dont think benching him will do all that much right now. the team is playing very well, and hes a 4th line grinder at the moment.

it'll come back.
I agree.

I also have a theory about Tortorella's handling of Dubinsky right now. Remember how he handle Vinny L in TB. Now think about what Tortorella said about Dubi when he first got here...how the one player he couldn't wait to sink his teeth into was Dubi? I think he;s getting a bit of the Vinny L treatment, knid of making him the focal point of any displeasure he has with the team, figuring Dubi is tough enough to handle it, while thinking it will spur him on. Just a thought.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:45 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
?How to get Dubinsky jump started?
TRADE HIM to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan.

Only way Dubbie will get going is if he himself gets going.Hes played and is playing on the top 2 lines. It seems something that can only be fixed by himself.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 07:48 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
I think the Rangers would have to add a roster defenseman to get the Ducks to bite, or to not get outbid by another team. Something along the lines of Dubinsky, Sauer, Thomas. Maybe a pick as well.
Dubinksy and Sauer,NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top flight D-men are hard to come by,so, IMO Girardi,Sauer,Staal and McDonagh are untouchables.....especially in this case when you have a guy like Dubinsky involvede. A top D prospect will do fine,imo. I wouldnt give up a top Defenseman and a top 6 foward for just one top 6 Foward,too much.

I propose:
Dubinky,1st Rounder and (only one of the following ) Erixon,Thomas, McIlrath. That right there is plenty. And with Fowler,you never know Anaheim may just like Mc Ilrath who if he matures and lives to potential could be a perfect pairing for Folwer,so who knows.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:01 AM
cenas*

I think the most realistic way would be to replace Boyle with him on the 3rd line for a game or two.. Boyle has been OK, but that's it in an otherwise hot line..

cenas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:23 AM
Crease

I wonder how he looks in practice.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Dorado*

Dubi turning into a 4 M $ Blair Betts ? Just kidding but play away from the puck is nice and he's making some Assists but it's unnerving to see this kind of drought .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Play him with Hagelin and Mitchell.
That's my suggestion as well.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:13 AM
IAMREALITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
That's my suggestion as well.
So you are suggesting moving Boyle up?

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:21 AM
IAMREALITY

Dubi is too far in his own mind. It's always been his problem. He's emotionally weak. What he needs to do is get a grip and grow up. Maybe then he will find some sense of stability.

Trade him? I say if the opportunity presents itself than go for it; lest we risk him snowballing down in value if he remains this way throughout the entire season. I know I said that at the start of the season last year and he ended up having a pretty good season; it was still marred at times by inconsistent play and that same emotional weakness that I see in him now. So yeah, trading is an option.

Overall he's playing the other parts of his game fairly well. But we're not paying him millions for that. We could get someone for a quarter of what he's making that could do the same things.

I don't know what's wrong with him right now. He's good on the boards but doesn't drive to the net nearly as hard as he used to. He needs to charge at the net with everything he's got. That's what makes him successful.

So how to light a fire? Well, when you pay someone that much money you shouldn't have to. They should be able to sort it out for themselves. Doesn't seem to be the case right now unfortunately.

I say make him a healthy scratch here and there and if that doesn't work then I think you have to aggressively dangle him as trade bait; while his market is still really strong.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 09:38 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Dubi turning into a 4 M $ Blair Betts ? Just kidding but play away from the puck is nice and he's making some Assists but it's unnerving to see this kind of drought .
He has 1 point in his last 6 games.

He didn't get paid 4 mill to be a grinder. He needs to start producing.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
Dubi is too far in his own mind. It's always been his problem. He's emotionally weak. What he needs to do is get a grip and grow up. Maybe then he will find some sense of stability.

Trade him? I say if the opportunity presents itself than go for it; lest we risk him snowballing down in value if he remains this way throughout the entire season. I know I said that at the start of the season last year and he ended up having a pretty good season; it was still marred at times by inconsistent play and that same emotional weakness that I see in him now. So yeah, trading is an option.

Overall he's playing the other parts of his game fairly well. But we're not paying him millions for that. We could get someone for a quarter of what he's making that could do the same things.

I don't know what's wrong with him right now. He's good on the boards but doesn't drive to the net nearly as hard as he used to. He needs to charge at the net with everything he's got. That's what makes him successful.

So how to light a fire? Well, when you pay someone that much money you shouldn't have to. They should be able to sort it out for themselves. Doesn't seem to be the case right now unfortunately.

I say make him a healthy scratch here and there and if that doesn't work then I think you have to aggressively dangle him as trade bait; while his market is still really strong.
Just curious what makes him emotionally weak? An emotionally weak player to me would be a guy that would go out of his way to stick up for his teammates. Dubi wears his emotions on his sleeve, and i think that is what made him the player he is today.

I 100% agree that he needs to step his game up, that is obvious and I amnot so sure what the propblem is. I don't think that he is a guy that is going to play his way out of the lineup (unless a big trade happens). I wouldn't be surprised if Dubi returns to form and ends up in the top 4 in scoring on this club this year.

Maybe the right answer is putting him back with Cally and Richards?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote