HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why don't you go to the Ranger board off the site?

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Yureeka47*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Yureeka47*
Why don't you go to the Ranger board off the site?

Hey, I was just wondering why you guys dont go to the official ranger board found on newyorkrangers.com?

Im not trying to spam or anything like that, I really like this board. I was just wondering why you guys prefer this one?

Old
11-27-2005, 09:39 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Usually I find the official forums to be trash. (MLB is a prime example). Lot's of people trying to stir the pot and flame, and not enough people trying to have intelligent conversation.

Old
11-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yureeka47
Hey, I was just wondering why you guys don't go to the official ranger board found on newyorkrangers.com?

Im not trying to spam or anything like that, I really like this board. I was just wondering why you guys prefer this one?

for a fan site, this place has enough big-brother to kill a small country. I couldn't even imagine what an "official" board would be like.

Old
11-27-2005, 09:47 PM
Levitate

i used to go to the official board long ago. it was good back then, then went to crap

there's still good posters over there but there's so much stupid stuff that goes on, it's just annoying a lot of times

Old
11-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Scumgrief

Send a message via AIM to Scumgrief Send a message via Yahoo to Scumgrief
Flamers and Trolls.
Lack of posters is why I never use the AOL ones anymore.

Old
11-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Evil Sather
YOU KILL THE JOE

RFC is good, but its the same 5 posters over and over (I don't help in this regard).

Old
11-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Yureeka47*

Send a message via MSN to Yureeka47*
Thanks for the input! I was expecting to be attacked with spam comments lol.

Old
11-27-2005, 10:35 PM
Block More Shots

I agree...I haven't had as much fun on the official forums as I've had with this one. I stumbled upon this forum back when we drafted Montoya. I remember everyone bashing Sather for the drafting of ANOTHER goalie when now, after looking back, it actually works out. Since Blackburn retired, we needed a highly touted goaltending prospect.

By the way, I never officially introduced myself to the members of this board. My name is Dan. I've been a diehard Rangers fan since I was a kid and it was always exciting watching this team (through the good and the bad times). 84 posts and I finally decide to give my name out!

Old
11-27-2005, 11:03 PM
FLYLine24*

I like this site better because its not just Ranger fans only, its fans from every team, fans from overseas, junior league fans, college hockey fans etc. I like to visit parts of the board besides the Rangers board.

Old
11-28-2005, 09:28 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather
RFC is good, but its the same 5 posters over and over (I don't help in this regard).

LOL ..that's what has driven me away.

Old
11-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Sicilian

what i like about it is it focuses on prospects and development as well as the current team, which is incredibly hard information to find anywhere else for hockey. football and basketball don't really have "prospects" since you're either in the nfl or in college, and baseball prospects are so highly touted in the national media that you don't need a special site to know who your teams top ones are.

with hockeys future, you get to know the names you wouldn't otherwise know, so when your less informed colleagues are surprised by that "no-name" who just scored the winning goal against a rival, you can smile and say, "I remember him from his junior days."

Old
11-28-2005, 10:53 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian
what i like about it is it focuses on prospects and development as well as the current team, which is incredibly hard information to find anywhere else for hockey. football and basketball don't really have "prospects" since you're either in the nfl or in college, and baseball prospects are so highly touted in the national media that you don't need a special site to know who your teams top ones are.

with hockeys future, you get to know the names you wouldn't otherwise know, so when your less informed colleagues are surprised by that "no-name" who just scored the winning goal against a rival, you can smile and say, "I remember him from his junior days."

I agree. Hockey reminds me of the early days of baseball when players were found playing in small towns and never really known. Hockey players aren't exactly in small towns (some are) but they might as well be as they get no exposure here in the states. Here you get to talk about prospects with knowledgeable people AND about the professional team.

There's something different about Hockey and the young players developing to be pros. It's hard to explain but I love to get a nugget of information on a player with potential to be a pro, especially those that are drafted by the Rangers.

Old
11-28-2005, 11:06 AM
KRM

I have never posted anything there but I did steal the best username there - Lundqvist

Old
11-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Canadude*

I have visited the Rangers BB but I found that it was mostly junk. It seemed like a bunch of goofballs talking about everything under the sun except the Rangers. I even made a post there about the Rangers and I was flamed because my post total was low. I haven't posted there since but I go sometimes when there is news to see the reaction which I must say is slightly below normal intelligence haha. HFboards is much better and isn't a clique like newyorkrangers.com.

Old
11-28-2005, 11:20 AM
gdflynn1*

What I like about it is Singin' coming along and locking threads that I was dumb enough to start out of stupidity (due to the 6-pack of Sierra Nevada's). See thread here.

Closed Thread