HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/30/11 - Wild @ Eddy Part II - Unicorns!

Old
12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
We could call them Zachy.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Okay live blogging the GDT because I didn't see the game:

- It's "Jer-ick" and is my real name. Because I'm awesome like that. Slash weird.

- Beer was Surly Bender, 1/2 a Nordeast they brought me by accident, a Fulton IPA (DELICIOUS), and a Crispin. Oddly enough right after I wrote that I saw TP mentioned Fulton.

- LOL @ Mousetrap

- Holy crap the GDT is just getting epic.

- Dear God, not the BUSCH commercial.

- I swear T-HAARRRR is onto the BNTG thing, he didn't even mention it the previous game. As often as he talks about Big Andy Sutton playing for the Wild, you'd think he had 1000 games in our sweater.

- I had the Vault for a bit but the game feeds were always choppy and crappy. Not all that interesting.

- I got to see 10 seconds of the game at the bar, which was Ryan Two-Names celebrating a goal. Looking at the replay, I'd blame Cullen for that goal. Scandy chased his guy behind, Spurge was a bit slow to cut off the pass, but Cullen left his guy wide open on the backdoor.

- Wow Gillies is awful at hockey, especially when there's a puck involved.

- Second goal looked like a cross between bad luck and maybe a bit of a misplay by Backs. Not blatantly bad but that only goes in 1 out of 10 times.

- Damn...nice ES goal by the Koivu line. Great play by Koivu along the boards, great pass, great tip by Seto.

- Did not like that Whitney leg out move. Don't know if it's a really dirty purposeful knee as Clutter cut in before the hit, but Whitney obviously stuck his leg out to trip up Clutter because he was missing his check. That's the kind of stupid play that, while not necessarily dirty by intent has huge risk for injury.

- Also gotta see that Powe hit.

- Brodziak is BEAST. Awesome shot, follows up his rebound, goes to the net, gets the goal.

- Ugh, can't see the Powe hit OR the Cullen play on the NHL.com replay. Get with it. No Clutter hit there either. "Let's just pretend that didn't happen"

- Awesome poke by Backs on the breakaway.

- "Gillies, Gillies, ECHL All Star" I believe.

- JEEEEZ, Johnson got a nice shot on Khabi.

- Man, Butch looks good against Eddy.

- WTF why doesn't NHL.com show the SO goals?

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Also, with the injuries, if Clutter and Powe are out for any length of time, I'd love to see:

Bouchard-Koivu-Wellman
Heatley-Cullen-Setoguchi
McIntyre-Brodziak-Johnson

Is it possible to not use a fourth line? I don't like Gillies or Staubitz at all.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:10 AM
mnwildgophers

Almond's on the way up, that most likely means that Powe and Clutter will probably be out for this next game, I hope that they are not out long, we need those guys.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 374
Any word yet on Clutterbuck's injury? Looked like a nasty knee to knee last night but i didn't see any updates yet, just know he left the game and looked to be in a lot of pain.

Appologies to all wild fans for jinxing him by picking him up in fantasy before last nights game.

I needed more hits from my forwards!

Also, as much as i love Seto it's about time for you guys to stop winning please

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

They called it a thigh injury and a charlie horse...will have an update later today.

Old
12-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
I'd really like to know how that shootout win last night. I'm also mystified as to why they only show the winning goal....

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:17 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

My post to enjoy some of the greatest Eddy Post Game comments:
Quote:
Time to bring up Omark
They should trade Omark to the Wild. When he gets healthy he and Brodziak can light the Oilers up for the next 10 years together.
Quote:
AT least we won the first period......
Fast forward to them complaining about the lack of goal tender interference calls against the Wild. Uhm... You sort of have to have a net presence to interfere with the goalie...

Quote:
Belanger can be as good defensively and as good at faceoffs as he likes, I don't care.

He needs to score goals.
Uhm... He magically grow hands?

/sigh

I have to stop reading and get back to work...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Wow.

According to this post, the Edmonton Sun says:

I don't even have words.
Shocking. Shocking, really.

Well no not really. Some of those writers are so horribly biased that they'd see an Oiler player take a wild swing at one of our guys from out of nowhere and say our guy must have said something or done something they didn't see so hes the one at fault.

Also, this thread is still epic.

And LOL @ GDTing the GDT by Jarick.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
I'd really like to know how that shootout win last night. I'm also mystified as to why they only show the winning goal....
This is from memory (and looking at the box score) so apologies if I screw anything up:

Backstrom misses on a poke check and Eberle puts it in the net. Backs gets a piece of it, but not enough.

Bouchard moves all the way out to the side boards and slowly moves in. Stuffs it five hole from point blank just embarassing Khabi on it.

Hemsky goes relatively straight ahead. No deke, no dangle, just tries to shove it five hole on Backs who gets his stick down. Backstrom looks back as if insulted that Hemsky would even try something so weak against him.

Koivu skates wide, comes back across, dangles into the crease and gets Khabi to try pounce on him. He steps to the side and lazily dumps it in the back of an almost open net.

Gagner...don't remember the shot but he scores.

Cullen comes in with some speed. Jukes Khabi who takes it hook line and sinker...then rings it off the post. Had the goalie beat hard too.

RNH tries something pretty pathetic, going to try slide it in low glove side and Backstrom easily kicks it away. (Box score says "misses" but the replay clearly shows Backstrom kicking the weak shot away. If he hadn't touched it, it probably goes in.)

Seto puts it into Khabi. Not the easiest shootout save, but it wasn't terribly difficult either. Khabi's only save of the shootout.

Horcoff...don't really remember but Backstrom got a piece of it, but not enough.

Do or die, Heatley goes right up the middle, then drags the puck short side and slides it around Khabi before crashing into the net, knocking the goal off its moorings.

Smyth...don't remember.

Brodziak went relatively straightforward and five hole iirc. It's a little bit of a blur because of all the excitement.

Old
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
clutterbucks22

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
This is from memory (and looking at the box score) so apologies if I screw anything up:

Backstrom misses on a poke check and Eberle puts it in the net. Backs gets a piece of it, but not enough.

Bouchard moves all the way out to the side boards and slowly moves in. Stuffs it five hole from point blank just embarassing Khabi on it.

Hemsky goes relatively straight ahead. No deke, no dangle, just tries to shove it five hole on Backs who gets his stick down. Backstrom looks back as if insulted that Hemsky would even try something so weak against him.

Koivu skates wide, comes back across, dangles into the crease and gets Khabi to try pounce on him. He steps to the side and lazily dumps it in the back of an almost open net.

Gagner...don't remember the shot but he scores.

Cullen comes in with some speed. Jukes Khabi who takes it hook line and sinker...then rings it off the post. Had the goalie beat hard too.

RNH tries something pretty pathetic, going to try slide it in low glove side and Backstrom easily kicks it away. (Box score says "misses" but the replay clearly shows Backstrom kicking the weak shot away. If he hadn't touched it, it probably goes in.)

Seto puts it into Khabi. Not the easiest shootout save, but it wasn't terribly difficult either. Khabi's only save of the shootout.

Horcoff...don't really remember but Backstrom got a piece of it, but not enough.

Do or die, Heatley goes right up the middle, then drags the puck short side and slides it around Khabi before crashing into the net, knocking the goal off its moorings.

Smyth...don't remember.

Brodziak went relatively straightforward and five hole iirc. It's a little bit of a blur because of all the excitement.
Didn't RNH hit the post? I seem to remember that he had Backs beat and just hit the post.

clutterbucks22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:59 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterbucks22 View Post
Didn't RNH hit the post? I seem to remember that he had Backs beat and just hit the post.
It looked like it in real time, but on the overhead replay you can see it hits Backstrom's leg, not the goal.

This is, of course, assuming I'm not confusing it with someone else's shot. But I remember making fun of him for it at the time so I'm reasonably certain I'm not mixing it up.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Wedontneedroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
They called it a thigh injury and a charlie horse...will have an update later today.
A thigh injury/charlie horse sounds much better than the knee injury I was expecting.

Clutterbuck is one of those players I love to watch, except when he is playing against my team. It's nice to see his hard work and tenacity being rewarded with some goals this year.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

He had a slow start as he was not hitting, very tentative, afraid of Shannabans (seriously). Then he started playing well. Hopefully he comes back soon. He's the only guy on the team who's shown any chemistry with Koivu and started playing on his wing, so when he does you'd think the points will come.

IMO it should be Clutterbuck and Bouchard on that line and then the points will really start going.

Old
12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Wedontneedroads

I can understand why he may be cautious, but I never really viewed him as a dirty hit kind of player. Hard nosed guy who will hit you hard given the chance, but I never got the impression he was out there to hurt people.

Hopefully for you guys, and perhaps my fantasy team, he comes back strong and starts putting up some points along with hits. I would be ok if it wasn't before next Tuesday though