HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Konowalchuk out, Ortmeyer in?

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2005, 10:32 AM
KasparKrunch

vCash: 500
Konowalchuk out, Ortmeyer in?

with konowalchuk out for the season, is jed a lock for the olympics?

Old
11-28-2005, 10:34 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
with konowalchuk out for the season, is jed a lock for the olympics?

I would think he fits the profile of a Konowalchuk type player but there are no guarantees in life.

There are alot of great young American players on the cusp.

Old
11-28-2005, 11:02 AM
nyr7andcounting

I doubt it. If they're going to take 3rd line "grinders" like that, they usually take older guys who can give some leadership on those teams too. If they replace Konowalchuck with a griner I would think it'd be someone a little older.

Old
11-28-2005, 11:57 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
I doubt it. If they're going to take 3rd line "grinders" like that, they usually take older guys who can give some leadership on those teams too. If they replace Konowalchuck with a griner I would think it'd be someone a little older.

Ortmeyer isn't exactly young. I think he's 26-27 in his prime.

Old
11-28-2005, 12:42 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Ortmeyer isn't exactly young. I think he's 26-27 in his prime.
Yea I know, but in a room of NHL all stars I don't think he's going to add much leadership. If you're in the olympics you can either score or be a captain of that team, I don't think he can do either. Any NHL team would like to have Ortmeyer, but I'm not sure he has an value in the Olympics

Old
11-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
Yea I know, but in a room of NHL all stars I don't think he's going to add much leadership. If you're in the olympics you can either score or be a captain of that team, I don't think he can do either. Any NHL team would like to have Ortmeyer, but I'm not sure he has an value in the Olympics
In the Olympics, its all about Chemistry.

You don't have to be a team captain to add leadership, and don't have to score to play an important role on the team.

I've said it before, but a line of Blake-York-Ortmeyer would be excellent for an Olympic tournament. Speed, tenacious forechecking, good in transition and very responsible in the defensive zone.

Old
11-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian

You don't have to be a team captain to add leadership, and don't have to score to play an important role on the team.

I've said it before, but a line of Blake-York-Ortmeyer would be excellent for an Olympic tournament. Speed, tenacious forechecking, good in transition and very responsible in the defensive zone.
Agreed. That line does sound scary. I wouldn't want that little ******* (who's playing for the wrong NY team) Blake and our beloved hustlers Yorkie and Orts against my Kovalchuk-Yashin-Kovalev line. And I'm afraid the three would hit it off and have a great chemistry. Orts won't be a scorer but he'll dig the puck out, cause turnovers, run people over, in other words, he'll do everything he does for us, but he'll do it for his country. And he'll have better offensive linemates. No, I don't want Orts on US Olympic Team. As much as I love him. I'll take him for Team Russia, though. Especially Russia. We lack hustlers like him. The closest version of him would be Sasha Ovechkin.

Old
11-28-2005, 01:24 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian

York - Modano - Parrish
Or Blake - Halpern - Ortmeyer

Old
11-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Heat McManus

As far the leadership issue goes: Messier has said that Jed is a future captain.
Ortmeyer already is a leader. Vocal, hardworking, smart and skilled. He reminds me a lot of John Madden. I don't know if he's in the US's plans, but I'm sure he's made more than a blip on the radar this season.

I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't make the squad, but I'd be more than happy if he did.

Closed Thread