HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks Fire Carlyle After Win and he is quickly replaced.....

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2011, 01:23 PM
  #51
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
What apologist, its called a fact.

team went to the ECF in his first year, finished 6th and got taken out in 7 games from the cup Champs despite massive injuries.

This year has been mediocore so far, but give me a break. This reactionary threads are ridiculous. Its always the coaches fault. Nobody is out there worth hiring right now. Stop with Randy Carlyle. Will he make Markov come back sooner? Will he grab Cammaleri`s stick and hit the net for him? Will he make Gomez`s contract disappear? Will he make Subban get a point shot through? Will be make Gionta, Gill, Spacek young? Will he make Eller finish plays? Will he make Darche non-useless?

If he can do all this then please hire him now.

I hate how ppl rag on the coach everytime the team isnt performing. You have a 6 million dollar player who couldnt hit the side of a barn right now and our 2nd center played in the ECHL 2 year ago. But hey lets fire MARTIN!!
I've wanted Martin fired from the day he was hired. He is far from a top level coach but we are stuck with him because he is bilingual.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:33 PM
  #52
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,416
vCash: 500
I would certainly take Carlyle. But let's be honest here, we know it won't happen. It won't happen because of the obvious reasons which I completely disagree with.

But that's a topic for a different conversation..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:53 PM
  #53
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
I want a good coach in Mtl. Not a good french-speaking coach, just a great coach period. The Habs having to deal with such politics is one of the reasons this franchise is stationary.

I'm French and I say who the hell cares if our management isn't bilingual? Sure the media and some fans would ***** about it, but everyone will magically stop giving a **** if the team starts winning. And winning is all that truly matters.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
  #54
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman View Post
According to people on this forum, Forsberg is better than Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe combined.

He is overrated. Great player, yes, but overrated.
LOL

I don't think you should make a statement based on opinions of *some* weirdos. Just because a few people overrated Forsberg does not mean he IS actually overrated. Otherwise, everyone is overrated because there's always someone overrating some player.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:15 PM
  #55
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
I want a good coach in Mtl. Not a good french-speaking coach, just a great coach period. The Habs having to deal with such politics is one of the reasons this franchise is stationary.

I'm French and I say who the hell cares if our management isn't bilingual? Sure the media and some fans would ***** about it, but everyone will magically stop giving a **** if the team starts winning. And winning is all that truly matters.
they had no problems winning cups with Demers, Perron (yikes!) or Bowman (not a frenchie, but speak french anyway)...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
  #56
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
they had no problems winning cups with Demers, Perron (yikes!) or Bowman (not a frenchie, but speak french anyway)...
I thought it was petty clear I was referring to the post 1993 era. It wasn't a knock on French coaches either. The two coaches in last year's Cup finals were both French Canadians and have both coached the Habs in the past.

All I'm saying is that they are limiting themselves to hiring bilingual people instead of the best available, and it's biting the team in the ass. Hockey is highly competitive, and no other franchise passes on personnel because of politics, and it's time for Montreal to go past that.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:30 PM
  #57
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,858
vCash: 500
You can have your unilingual Anglophone coach, folks. I don't care anymore.

But give me a Quebec born superstar player !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:41 PM
  #58
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
What apologist, its called a fact.

team went to the ECF in his first year, finished 6th and got taken out in 7 games from the cup Champs despite massive injuries.

This year has been mediocore so far, but give me a break. This reactionary threads are ridiculous. Its always the coaches fault. Nobody is out there worth hiring right now. Stop with Randy Carlyle. Will he make Markov come back sooner? Will he grab Cammaleri`s stick and hit the net for him? Will he make Gomez`s contract disappear? Will he make Subban get a point shot through? Will be make Gionta, Gill, Spacek young? Will he make Eller finish plays? Will he make Darche non-useless?

If he can do all this then please hire him now.

I hate how ppl rag on the coach everytime the team isnt performing. You have a 6 million dollar player who couldnt hit the side of a barn right now and our 2nd center played in the ECHL 2 year ago. But hey lets fire MARTIN!!
I used to be of that exact same mindset until maybe the last few games. It has more to do with the fact I think he actually COULD get the players to perform better AND he never adjusts or talks to the players. He's not doing his job and everything was going well when the players were on their highs of being here/called up/etc. Now that it's stabilized, he has to get them to do the right things. With Cammy, who is a ghost of his former self, he could show him what he's doing wrong (it's obvious). Muller definitely would. The more the idea of Roy gets thrown around (an idea I thought was ludicrous), the more I'm inclined towards it. Again, I've been a Martin apologist during his entire tenure here, but now I just see him being useless. I don't know what happens behind closed doors, but I find it hard to believe that it's much.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
  #59
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,491
vCash: 364
when i heard a coach was fired right after a game i thought it was martin


then i found it it wasn't

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
  #60
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kingbobert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 4,683
vCash: 500
do we know for sure Carlyle does not speak some french?
he's from sudbury, where half the population is francophone, and specifically Azilda that is in a very francophone area...

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:01 PM
  #61
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,958
vCash: 500
I don't watch enough LHJMQ hockey to really know, is Patrick Roy a good coach? Does he play a good system? Could people who watch him regularly answer me?

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
  #62
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Same type of talent JM had in Ottawa no ? That got him and them what ?
ZIP !
As an earlier poster said:

Ottawa didn't have the goaltending
Neither did Vancouver (or Thomas was amazing)
Neither did the Flyers
etc.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:55 PM
  #63
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I don't watch enough LHJMQ hockey to really know, is Patrick Roy a good coach? Does he play a good system? Could people who watch him regularly answer me?
This is what Patrick Roy had to say about the coaching style of Guy Boucher.............

First, Roy told the French web site Le Soleil the system “perhaps delayed the development of some young players.” Roy also said his team will “play hockey as it should be played,” meaning more wide open and free-wheeling.

Roy then told the Journal de Montreal that, “Boucher did nothing to help our league advance. His defensive system was copied by many other teams. I know my comments will not please Guy, but for me hockey should be focused on offense not defense.”

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:03 PM
  #64
The Doors
Registered User
 
The Doors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
This is what Patrick Roy had to say about the coaching style of Guy Boucher.............

First, Roy told the French web site Le Soleil the system “perhaps delayed the development of some young players.” Roy also said his team will “play hockey as it should be played,” meaning more wide open and free-wheeling.

Roy then told the Journal de Montreal that, “Boucher did nothing to help our league advance. His defensive system was copied by many other teams. I know my comments will not please Guy, but for me hockey should be focused on offense not defense.”
Man. Some one sign him up for the job instantly.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
  #65
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
Man. Some one sign him up for the job instantly.
Well yes, in any low scoring sport (soccer, hockey) you win with the puck/ball in your possession more often than you win on the counter-attack. We were promised a possession team: when you have the puck you don't let it go and when you don't have the puck you try your damnest to get it back, like a 2 man forecheck and neutral zone pressure.

Instead we got the antithesis of that: minimal puck possession, terrible passing and general hockey play, and we give up the neutral zone in 90% of our games.

Last night it took 15 minutes to get a shot off in the third period. Unacceptable.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
  #66
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Last night it took 15 minutes to get a shot off in the third period. Unacceptable.
Lolwut? Thank christ I didn't actually watch that game.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:08 PM
  #67
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Well yes, in any low scoring sport (soccer, hockey) you win with the puck/ball in your possession more often than you win on the counter-attack. We were promised a possession team: when you have the puck you don't let it go and when you don't have the puck you try your damnest to get it back, like a 2 man forecheck and neutral zone pressure.

Instead we got the antithesis of that: minimal puck possession, terrible passing and general hockey play, and we give up the neutral zone in 90% of our games.

Last night it took 15 minutes to get a shot off in the third period. Unacceptable.
To be fair, we were showing signs of being a puck possession team a bit earlier in the season. There was even a point where the Habs almost doubled the opponent in shots game after game limiting them to around 20 shots if I recall correctly. Obviously lately this is not the case.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:09 PM
  #68
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
I thought it was petty clear I was referring to the post 1993 era. It wasn't a knock on French coaches either. The two coaches in last year's Cup finals were both French Canadians and have both coached the Habs in the past.

All I'm saying is that they are limiting themselves to hiring bilingual people instead of the best available, and it's biting the team in the ass. Hockey is highly competitive, and no other franchise passes on personnel because of politics, and it's time for Montreal to go past that.
in theory yes.

last 3 french canadians coaches to make it to the SCF all started in the NHL with the Habs though...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:09 PM
  #69
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,282
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Lolwut? Thank christ I didn't actually watch that game.
We took 3 shots in the 3rd period last night all of them came in the last 4 minutes and was because we went on the pp or we wouldn't probably wouldn't even had one

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:34 PM
  #70
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
You can have your unilingual Anglophone coach, folks. I don't care anymore.

But give me a Quebec born superstar player !
Darche? Will that do?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:46 PM
  #71
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,487
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
You can have your unilingual Anglophone coach, folks. I don't care anymore.

But give me a Quebec born superstar player !
There's what.. ONE (Martin St. Louis) in the NHL?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:52 PM
  #72
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
There's what.. ONE (Martin St. Louis) in the NHL?
Patrick Marleau
Sidney Crosby
Claude Giroux
Jonathan Toews
Pascal Dupuis
Marc-André Bergeron
Matt Duchene

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:13 PM
  #73
habamillions
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: arnprior,ontario
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Patrick Marleau
Sidney Crosby
Claude Giroux
Jonathan Toews
Pascal Dupuis
Marc-André Bergeron
Matt Duchene
um there are only 2 guys from quebec on that list and they are NOT superstars

habamillions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:15 PM
  #74
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
um there are only 2 guys from quebec on that list and they are NOT superstars
if not a superstar already, pretty sure Duchesne will become one some day

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:20 PM
  #75
pine*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habamillions View Post
um there are only 2 guys from quebec on that list and they are NOT superstars
Is that so? Then replace them by:

Derek Roy
Zach Parisé
Paul Statsny
Jason Pominville
Marc Savard
Rene Bourque
Benoit Pouliot
Francis Bouillon
Brad Marchand
Logan Couture
Chad LaRose

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.