HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles & NFL discussion

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2011, 08:46 PM
six sigma
Thank you Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
I like Vick but as far the Seahawks go, I think 4 wins is already to many when talking about Barkley.
Very likely, plus we play the Cards and Rams again. I'd love Barkley but we'll have to trade up. Maybe Pete likes RG3, too.

Old
12-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
Very likely, plus we play the Cards and Rams again. I'd love Barkley but we'll have to trade up. Maybe Pete likes RG3, too.
Hmm, I wonder if he comes out. The QB Im big on is Aaron Murray of UGA. The problem is he probably will be there another year.

Old
12-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
Cards and Skelton beat the Eagles, and Rams put up a fight before Jackson got injured. You can still lose those games

Old
12-01-2011, 09:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
They just spent $100M on Vick, and like Kafka. They're not taking a QB in round 1, they obviously feel they can win with Vick.

Andy Reid is only leaving if he wants to. If he wants to be back next year, he will be. And it will take that much longer before Eagles fans can think about winning a Super Bowl.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
12-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Prongo
Beer

This team lacks serious focus issues... How did our players both miss those two passes and more in the first half.. That lies on the players, but some extent to the coaches

Old
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
They just spent $100M on Vick, and like Kafka. They're not taking a QB in round 1, they obviously feel they can win with Vick.

Andy Reid is only leaving if he wants to. If he wants to be back next year, he will be. And it will take that much longer before Eagles fans can think about winning a Super Bowl.
I disagree about him not going out on his own terms if this team goes 4-12, 5-11.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:37 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

Are you serious? Anybody with half a brain can figure out that this team needs a new coach. He better not be back for fans wont be. I think they made that clear last game. All you need to do is trade Vick to some team for their first (Carson ****ing Palmer got traded for a 1st and 2nd) a real bad team in the top 5 that needs a QB and then draft Barkley or the buy from Baylor. Then they still have their first they can use on the linebacker from Notre Dame. Forgot his name but everybody says he's a monster. Trade DRC for a 2nd and draft Nick Sukay from Penn State another linebacker. Done and done.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Are you serious? Anybody with half a brain can figure out that this team needs a new coach. He better not be back for fans wont be. I think they made that clear last game. All you need to do is trade Vick to some team for their first (Carson ****ing Palmer got traded for a 1st and 2nd) a real bad team in the top 5 that needs a QB and then draft Barkley or the buy from Baylor. Then they still have their first they can use on the linebacker from Notre Dame. Forgot his name but everybody says he's a monster. Trade DRC for a 2nd and draft Nick Sukay from Penn State another linebacker. Done and done.
Not sure if a lot of guys would want to pick up Vick with his contract if they try to trade him. Seems like a move Snyder would like usually though as he needs a QB, but he may be a little gunshy about trading for another QB from the Eagles.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Amaro out

Quote:
I dont see Vick as the problem, it's the defense imo. They need at least two lb's and another safety, plus I would like them to get another quality defender. If some team would want to take on Vick's contract then so be it, but I wouldnt move him right now.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
sorry but no matter what they will always have fans... There's a list for season ticket holders. The eagles and the last decade and a half have provided them with such a huge fan base they can lose for many seasons before we make a stand IMO

Old
12-01-2011, 09:52 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
The fans won't show up? That's debatable. The waiting list is so long, that people are putting their spot on the list in their wills. Fans aren't going anywhere.

And there's no way Vick will be traded for a 1st round pick. More because they won't do it, but no one will give on up either. This isn't the Flyers, they didn't give Vick $100M if they weren't committing to him.

I'm not saying the Eagles shouldn't be getting a new coach, I just don't see it happening.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
I dont see Vick as the problem, it's the defense imo. They need at least two lb's and another safety, plus I would like them to get another quality defender. If some team would want to take on Vick's contract then so be it, but I wouldnt move him right now.
Vick is the problem in the sense that the Eagles want to use him beyond his limits. Reid, Banner, Lurie, Roseman, etc. think he is Brees/Rodgers/Brady, and be a 65% completion QB, and that's just not what he is. And they don't run the ball enough to offset.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:57 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
I would only move him cause statistically his season this year is about on trend with how his career has been. So far its looking more and more likely his season last year was a fluke. His injury history is a little concerning as well. I don't think Vick will ever be healthy come playoff time, I really don't. But what I think this organization needs longer term is a franchise pure-passer QB. Enough scrambling guys, for some reason they tend to make really bad decisions at times. Getting a pure-passer is like having a guys thats a student of the game and makes better decisions on average. Just saying it might be a good route to go.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Amaro out

Quote:
Vick is the problem in the sense that the Eagles want to use him beyond his limits. Reid, Banner, Lurie, Roseman, etc. think he is Brees/Rodgers/Brady, and be a 65% completion QB, and that's just not what he is. And they don't run the ball enough to offset.
They are going to throw the ball 60% regardless of who the QB is. This is another reason why Reid must go, he will never commit to a consistent running game.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Jray42

vCash: 50
lol.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

'That's not nice Pete Carroll! Throwing the ball like that with 54 seconds left" Gotta love Merrill

Though Pete should've made Lynch pound it in again, rub this pathetic teams nose in the pile of **** they are.

Heads better roll.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:23 PM
AaronTrieu

hahaha pick up mcnabb on waivers, then cut him the next day.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Phileeguy
39.904N 75.168W

As abysmal as this game and season has been, it still doesn't seal Andy's fate as HC.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Quote:
Sadly the waiting list for season tickets is still a mile and a half long and will be a mile and a half long for the foreseeable future.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:08 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
hahaha pick up mcnabb on waivers, then cut him the next day.
Why cut him? He still knows how to run this offense better than Kafka, VY, and probably Vick. Bears would be foolish not to snag him though.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Why cut him? He still knows how to run this offense better than Kafka, VY, and probably Vick. Bears would be foolish not to snag him though.
I think dallas claims him, they did the same thing with Orton just to block Chicago from getting him. They also have the earlier waiver claim. just my opinion.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:23 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I think dallas claims him, they did the same thing with Orton just to block Chicago from getting him. They also have the earlier waiver claim. just my opinion.
Makes sense, but the reason Donovan requested to be moved was because he wants to play, and the only team he'll be able to do that right now is Chicago or KC

edit: so I wonder if he can refuse to report to a team where he knows he won't play, and basically hold out for the Bears. Not sure of the whole waiver thing.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I understand your point about the Cowboys needing a backup QB. It looks like Kitna may be done. However can 5 even play anymore? To me it looks like he has hit the wall. But one thing you can say and that is if the Cowboys sucked ass like the Eagles are doing the head coach would be gone.Jerry would not put up with players who are not giving 100%. Big Red can say all the right things about his players. But the proof is right there on tape. This team is in total disarray and needs a complete make over from the top down. They need a franchise quarterback and have a chance to land one in the draft. Luck is most likely out of their reach. However I really like Matt Barkley. This guy is exactly what they need. They are not going to win with Vick. VY sucks period. I believe that they have a out clause after next year in Vick's contract. Maybe someone can look into that to see if that is true. You put a stud QB with Shady in the backfield and they can really have something special. Something has to give. To get smoked by a team that sucks is truly brutal and a embarrassment for the whole Delaware Valley. Does anyone else hate Babin as much as I do? The bum just wants sacks. Meanwhile he pays no attention to run blocking. Oh well screw it. The season is over. Dream Team

Old
12-02-2011, 12:18 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
I understand your point about the Cowboys needing a backup QB. It looks like Kitna may be done. However can 5 even play anymore? To me it looks like he has hit the wall. But one thing you can say and that is if the Cowboys sucked ass like the Eagles are doing the head coach would be gone.Jerry would not put up with players who are not giving 100%. Big Red can say all the right things about his players. But the proof is right there on tape. This team is in total disarray and needs a complete make over from the top down. They need a franchise quarterback and have a chance to land one in the draft. Luck is most likely out of their reach. However I really like Matt Barkley. This guy is exactly what they need. They are not going to win with Vick. VY sucks period. I believe that they have a out clause after next year in Vick's contract. Maybe someone can look into that to see if that is true. You put a stud QB with Shady in the backfield and they can really have something special. Something has to give. To get smoked by a team that sucks is truly brutal and a embarrassment for the whole Delaware Valley. Does anyone else hate Babin as much as I do? The bum just wants sacks. Meanwhile he pays no attention to run blocking. Oh well screw it. The season is over. Dream Team

Maybe trade Vick to Miami or Minnesota so thye don't draft a QB. Then go after Matt Barkley. And we'll still have our first rounder as well.

Old
12-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Maybe trade Vick to Miami or Minnesota so thye don't draft a QB. Then go after Matt Barkley. And we'll still have our first rounder as well.
I'm just not entirely sold on Matt Barkley... Recently the list of quarterback busts is growing there. Too much hype because of the school they are in I think

Closed Thread